Quotes

“Mr. Rearden,” said Francisco, his voice solemnly calm, “if you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength, and the greater his effort the heavier the world bore down upon his shoulders—what would you tell him to do?”

“I… don’t know. What… could he do? What would you tell him?”

“To shrug.”

Ayn Rand “Atlas shrugged”

Sufi Center, today, just outside Bukhara.
Gurdjieff said to learn Sufi mystic knowledge In Central Asia region ...Could have this idea led him to the foundation of his 4th way?
Most everything about G’s projection is from dervish science. Terms like “the Work,“ people being asleep, building the higher body, higher centers, the enneagram, man being incomplete, the Stop exercise, the movements, and many hints/terms G. used in his writings. Ex: Bogga Eddin is actually Bahauddin (Naqshband), with the Russian H being a G. Some saw G. as bringing an introduction of ideas to the West at the time. The diehard followers wish to see the projection as totally belonging to G.

Philosophy at large has lately gotten the basic premise wrong;

The question of existence versus non-existence is a false opposition. Nothing can describe a state of non existence since it is a negation of itself. Yes, countless of years of ontological deep thoughts just got reduced to that, because sometimes the summary is correct.

If we are to abide by the hindu models, entropy and syntropy are packaged together, within the concept of 'Brahma's breath'. Of course branching multiverse concepts take a step further, and why should infinity not actually live up to its maddening potential?

It's not like there is another game waiting after we 'figure this out'. Which is good reason to assume that we can only approximate.

And perhaps we will find out we have been shell-gamed; correct about essential mechanisms but locked out of interacting with any of their responsible parties.

So a game folding in upon itself, where you conceptually figure it all out, yet the reward is nothing at all. A little like Douglas Adams statement about 42, and the real 'solution to the universe' leading it to collapse upon itself and restart.

And then, perhaps there would be a an infinitely recursive matrushka situation going on.
Sorry, i got a bit wild with this tangent, its in my nature.

Hey actually i think i've returned to Anselm's ontology;

'God is always one step further than the maximum capability you assume'.

FlbLfPUWQAQ1k-l.jpg

I never cared for Freud, even though I never read him. So, I have been negatively ignorant and biased.
Lately, I've read that Freud is virtually out-lawed from psych studies in university, which is interesting. Perhaps he either served his purpose and is now being discarded, or his ideas violate the psycho-drama-behavior-control-psyops models, which is even more interesting. But here are some of the quotes from the video. He's no Lao-Tse, but some items were unexpected and dislodge my bias a little bit. If he wrote poems or songs, I think he'd be much more educational and entertaining than most songsters. But I minimize him, my apologies.

Envy is destructive. Don’t be tempted by it, live by your own rules.
In the small matters trust the mind, in the large ones trust the heart.
Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

• A busy man is seldom visited by idle friends -- no flies fly to a boiling pot.
  • One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful.
  • The more perfect a person is on the outside, the more demons they have on the inside.
  • Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.
  • Depression is a frozen fear.
  • The first indication of stupidity is a complete lack of shame.
  • From error to error, one discovers the entire truth.
  • When one does not have what one wants, one must want what one has.
  • If youth knew, if age could.
  • Thought is action in rehearsal.
  • Friendship is an art of keeping distance while love is an art of intimacy.
  • The best is always the enemy of the good.
  • Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise.
  • Limitation in the possibility of enjoyment raises the value of the enjoyment.
  • No mortal is capable of keeping a secret. If his lips are silent, his fingertips speak, betrayal oozes from him through every pore.
  • Every normal person is really only partly normal.
  • A woman should soften but not weaken a man.
  • All family is organized around the most damaged person in it.
  • Words have a magical power. They can bring either the greatest happiness or the deepest despair.
  • Out of your vulnerabilities will come your strength.
  • Religion is a universal compulsive neurosis.
  • Recognizing a problem is half the success in solving it.
  • How bold one gets when one is sure of being loved.
  • We seek more to take suffering away from ourselves than to gain pleasure.
  • Nothing costs so much in life as illness and ignoring an illness.
  • We are so made, that we can only derive intense enjoyment from a contrast and only very little from a state of things.
  • We do not randomly choose each other. We meet only those who already exist in our subconscious.
  • The secret of the human soul lies in the psychic dramas of childhood. Get to the bottom of these dramas and healing will come.
  • The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization.
  • The mind is like an iceberg, it floats with one-seventh of its bulk above water.
  • You do not stop looking for strength and confidence outside, but you should look inside yourself. They have always been there.
  • We enter the world with loneliness and lonely leave it.
  • All adaptation is partial death, the disappearance of a particle of individuality.
  • Love and work, work and love. That’s all there is.
  • Maturity is the ability to postpone gratification.
  • We adults don’t understand children because we don’t understand our own childhood anymore.
  • History is just new people making old mistakes.
  • Civilized society is perpetually menaced with disintegration through this primary hostility of men towards one another.
  • Just as no one can be forced into belief, so no one can be forced into unbelief.

Back
Top Bottom