Quotes

Found this gem in a book:

"Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer."

Rainer Maria Rilke, Austrian poet and novelist (1875 - 1926).

Joe has a post where he explained why the energy in this realm has to be destroyed to make way for the new energy or transition. Joe didn't word his thoughts the way l describe above but l can't find his post. Believe me I've searched everywhere and I'm just missing that post. I wanted to ruminate on the way he describes the destruction of this realm. I awoke this morning with what l thought remember him saying on my mind but l wanted to get his thoughts more clearly/correct in my mind. Certainly could use some direction if others remember that post. Maybe it was just a dream. Lol

“If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized ... If all of this is considered necessary to gain your compliance -- you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest.” Ian Watson

A forum search didn't turn up this one:

“Briefly stated, the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect is as follows. You open the newspaper to an article on some subject you know well. In Murray’s case, physics. In mine, show business. You read the article and see the journalist has absolutely no understanding of either the facts or the issues. Often, the article is so wrong it actually presents the story backward—reversing cause and effect. I call these the “wet streets cause rain” stories. Paper’s full of them.
In any case, you read with exasperation or amusement the multiple errors in a story, and then turn the page to national or international affairs, and read as if the rest of the newspaper was somehow more accurate about Palestine than the baloney you just read. You turn the page, and forget what you know.”
Michael Crichton (1942-2008)
That’s Michael Crichton, the physician turned novelist turned director, talking about his physicist friend Murray Gell-Mann, who discovered (and named) the quark. Crichton pretty much invented the techno-thriller genre of books and film, starting with The Andromeda Strain, which is one of the most influential books in my life, for sure. Crichton is probably best known for his Jurassic Park novels, but take a look at his bibliography sometime … it’s astonishing how much influence he has had on modern American culture, period. That cover photo on this note, from the 1973 version of Westworld, is one of Crichton’s, too.
From here: https://www.epsilontheory[dot]com/gell-mann-amnesia/

“At present, intelligent people do not have their children vaccinated, nor does the law now compel them to. The result is not, as the Jennerians prophesied, the extermination of the human race by smallpox; on the contrary, more people are now killed by vaccination than by smallpox.”

― George Bernard Shaw

If he knew what is happening now.....

"The world is full of obvious things that no one observes, not even by chance." - Sherlock Holmes

"When I tell people something they cannot or will not believe, and later go through the experience that convinces them of the reality of the fact, in many instances when they relate it to me, they do so in such a way as if they need to convince me of what happened. They forget that I had told them about it in the first place.

This indicates to me that when people are told a fact that does not fit their context of reality, it goes in one ear and out the other: they don't even register it, because it is outside the range of their mental perception." - Neal Owen Kruse

"One of the main obstacles in the evolution of mankind is none other than boredom and ignorance: its tendency to forgetfulness and indefinite procrastination in taking charge of itself." - Colin Wilson

"Open the Mind and Seek."

You can't accomplish much in life if you only work on the days when you feel good. - Jerry West.

The thinking classes HAVE DISCONNECTED, not just from the common world around them, but FROM REALITY ITSELF:
"The thinking classes are fatally removed from the physical side of life… Their only relation to productive labor is that of consumers. They have no experience of making anything substantial or enduring. They live in a world of abstractions and images, a simulated world that consists of computerized models of reality – “hyperreality,” as it’s been called – as distinguished from the palatable, immediate, physical reality inhabited by ordinary men and women. Their belief in “social construction of reality” – the central dogma of postmodernist thought – reflects the experience of living in an artificial environment from which everything that resists human control (unavoidably, everything familiar and reassuring as well) has been rigorously excluded. Control has become their obsession. In their drive to insulate themselves against risk and contingency – against the unpredictable hazards that afflict human life – the thinking classes have seceded not just from the common world around them but from reality itself."

-- Christopher Lasch in his book, "The Revolt of the Elites"

Since only about 15% of the global CO2 increase is of anthropogenic origin, just 15% of 0.3°C, i.e., less than 0.05°C remains, which can be attributed to humans in the overall balance. In view of this vanishingly small contribution, of which the Germans are only involved with 2.1% [of emissions], it is absurd to assume that an exit from fossil fuels could even remotely have an impact on our climate. Changes of our climate can be traced back to natural interaction processes that exceed our human influence by orders of magnitude.

Distinguished atmospheric scientist, Professor Hermann Harde, 2022

"Such a detachment from reality, from the demands of society, will inevitably lead to a surge of populism and the growth of radical movements, to serious social and economic changes, to degradation and, in the near future, to a change of elites."

Vladimir Putin, St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF), June 2022

That as to their so insolently boasting of their victory, and as to their being astonished that they had so long committed their outrages with impunity, [both these things] tended to the same point; for the immortal gods are wont to allow those persons whom they wish to punish for their guilt sometimes a greater prosperity and longer impunity, in order that they may suffer the more severely from a reverse of circumstances.

Caesar, Julius. The Gallic War

Tyrion Lannister: “What is it that you want exactly?”

Lord Varys: “Peace. Prosperity. A land where the powerful do not prey on the powerless.”

Tyrion Lannister: “…The powerful have always preyed on the powerless, that’s how they became powerful in the first place.”

Lord Varys: “Perhaps. And perhaps we’ve grown so used to horror we assume there’s no other way.”

— Game of Thrones

Cross post as quote:

We meet in the midst of a nation brought to the verge of moral, political, and material ruin. Corruption dominates the ballot-box, the Legislatures, the Congress…. The people are demoralized; The newspapers are largely subsidized or muzzled, public opinion silenced, business prostrated, homes covered with mortgages, labor impoverished…. The fruits of the toil of millions are badly stolen to build up colossal fortunes for a few, unprecedented in the history of mankind; and the possessors of these, in turn, despise the Republic and endanger liberty. From the same prolific womb of governmental injustice we breed the two great classes—tramps and millionaires.

― Ignatius Donnelly (1892)

- Why do you love the stars so much, Casey ?
- Because I wanna go there.
- But it’s so far away. It’ll take a long time. A real long time. What if you get all the way up there and there’s nothing ?
- What if there’s Everything ?
“Tomorrowland”

And if you cannot be saints of knowledge, then, I pray you, be at least it’s warriors. Nietzsche

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful , committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

“Take a good rest, small bird,” he said. “Then go in and take your chance like any man or bird or fish”. Ernest Hemingway

The enemy is Fear. We think it’s Hate; but, it’s Fear. Gandhi

If health is the new religion, anti-smokers are its Spanish Inquisition))

What can one person give to another, except for a drop of warmth? And what could be more than this? E.M.Remarque

Sufi Center, today, just outside Bukhara.
Gurdjieff said to learn Sufi mystic knowledge In Central Asia region ...Could have this idea led him to the foundation of his 4th way?

Attachments

• 03E8F202-6CA3-417D-9D7A-8AEC91E28C13.jpeg
    03E8F202-6CA3-417D-9D7A-8AEC91E28C13.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
Back
Top Bottom