Recommended Reiki Master?

I was given a MariEL attunement in th80's by ethel Lombardi,who I believe is a reiki master who widened her horizens. If I remember correctly she and her husband were on there way to canada I think it was when an angel appeared outside the window of a plane and dispensed this guidance,strangely enough. She didn't say much more about it and the language that was used was very interesting too. It was very clipped,almost Spockian,throughout the whole weekend,and I payed close attention to them,as well as the info.Also,when drawing the energy lines on the body,I could hear the static sound they made loudly,and when I looked around at everyone else in curios wonderment ,it was not only not heard,but wasn't responded to. They werent rude,however there was a coldness and I sensed fear from them,and felt funnily ignored.I have been using these symbols and energy for decades now,and I use them in my teaching practice with my fellow yogis. I would like to hear any feedback on the practice of reiki tummo,which correspond to kundalini enegy,and yet opens a whole other set of questions the bottom line being knowledge protects,meaning to me dig deeper and question intension insofar as the why and when of this practice. anyone please enlighten. I also want to mail something to France.After seeing Lauras video intro,and wow its major!!!, I really want to sent something over there. T o me its like sending something to Orion,so it will take some doing,since its big.

Hi supriyanoel,

There is some discussion about Reiki Tummo here which might offer some clues. As for sending something to Laura, perhaps you could give us a brief description of what it is and why you think Laura should have it. Thanks.

Aragorn said:
Alderpax said:
broken.english said:
Alderpax said:
[ Still, could I have opened myself up to some sort of STS influence or attachment by inviting Stefan to attune me? Since Kundalini Reiki originated with a channeled "Ascended Master," it makes me a little nervous about what exactly I may have done to myself.

This is indeed a nasty little problem. If it really worries you, which it obviously does, please consider a proper Usui (re-)attunement. This is what the transcripts suggest for such cases. You would be on the safe side then.

I will definitely do that. After a brief search I found a few possibilities, but so far the most promising one is over 200 miles away. There are two who are local. But one of these does Kundalini Reiki along with something called "Ascension Reiki", which also comes from those good old "Ascended Masters." The other local practitioner advertises himself as a "channel for the Council Twelve." I looked at some of the messages he's channeled and it's just empty New-Agey fluff. So the search continues...

Here's the site of the one whom I think looks promising: _http://www.reikiteacher.org If anyone wants to take a look and let me know if she seems legitimate, I'd greatly appreciate it.

A quick glance at reikiteacher.org didn't set any major alarms off in my head. All though IMO this Frank Arjava Pettersson is a highly questionable dude, since he's promoting him self as being the one who 'brought reiki BACK to Japan'! The best way to start, as you probably know and have done already, is to check out the persons in the lineage list. I'll try to take a look later, right now I have to go, dinner has to be prepared...

Thanks for checking it out. Here's Karuna's lineage list:

Mikao Usui
Churijo Hayashi
Hawayo Takata
Barbara McCullough
Helen Borth
Nancy Retzlaff
Karuna Krinsky

I know the lineage is solid through Takata; I'll do some checking on the last three (the fourth being Karuna herself). I didn't know that Frank Arjava Pettersson is questionable, so her recommendation of his book is a possible red flag. So where did Pettersson claim to be bringing Reiki back to Japan from? And why does he think it left Japan in the first place?

Hi Alderpax,

I didn't know that Frank Arjava Pettersson is questionable, so her recommendation of his book is a possible red flag. So where did Pettersson claim to be bringing Reiki back to Japan from? And why does he think it left Japan in the first place?

As far as I know, he thinks he has the correct interpretation because he found Usui's handbook. I don't know if book is real, but my master who studied Reiki in Japan thought he is a good guy and telling the truth. As my training went, we followed certain figures Pettersson reccomended and it seemed more and more ritualistic to me, so I left the training. My personal opinion of him is that he somewhat distorts the original teaching towards rituals and special applications for various purposes.

_http://www.amazon.com/Original-Reiki-Handbook-Mikao-Usui/dp/0914955578

I think supporting him and obtaining their lineage from him are two different things. If they have correct attunements, but believe in Pettersson that doesn't mean you can't take correct attunements from them, if their lineage is solid. I would say get your attunements, but take everything they say with a grain of salt and don't apply. I think if you can't find anybody else, you can go to those people as last resort. At least this is what I think for the time being.

FWIW

T.C. said:
Then on the way home, an amusing thing happened. My engine temperature sensor on my car malfunctioned (after 10,000 miles), telling me my engine was over heating, but it wasn't the engine, just the sensor malfunction. It had to be replaced.
About 9 months ago I received my level I and II attunements. When I was driving to my first class, my gauge reported my engine was over-heating. It was cold outside (30-40 degrees F maybe) and I had not been driving in a way that would cause overheating. There had been no immediately prior work on my car. I've had my car for almost 3 years now and there has only been 3 instances where my car has started to overheat without there being an immediately noticeable cause, and only 2-3 times where it started to overheat and the cause was known. The time before my Reiki class was the last time it overheated. As far as I remember, my gauge was back to normal after my attunement, and I did not have to replace anything. So I don't know if it was the sensor or actual overheating.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here as I have read the wave and saw that my condition were in some symptoms as Mme Knight.
What I wanna know is: Is a Reiki master could help me as know, I'm to the point that I cannot function anymore.

Here is my story:

- Had great memory starting at age 7. Now if I try to recall things, my mind just block as I cannot think no more and sense pressure in head. (Barrier in the lower back)
- Dreaming of me often whit long white hair on a gold horse before it all started.
- Dreaming of me often falling in the dark hole whit no end, like in a tunnel
- Very strong allergies could do nothing for 2 years all summer at the age of 14-15
- started epilepsy attack at the age of 18 and passed all the tests and they did not find anything wrong. No cerebral lesions...
- Cannot sleep no more than 5 to 6 hours both the average is 5 hours per nights.

Personnaly, as I can sense my episode starting, it looks like the Kundallini starting from the base but when it arise or arrive at to lower portion of the head, it is like someone is trying to pull me with my head...

I live in Montreal Canada and I would be willing to travel in order to get me "Fix" as I have tried about everything here...

Any advises would be greatly appreciated

And please if you sense that a better way of cleaning me would be more helpful I would also appreciate...

Best regards to all

Wattsup

Hi wattsup,

Welcome to the forum. :) We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, and how they found their way here. Have a read through that section to get an idea of how others have done it. Thanks.

wattsup said:
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here as I have read the wave and saw that my condition were in some symptoms as Mme Knight.
What I wanna know is: Is a Reiki master could help me as know, I'm to the point that I cannot function anymore.

Here is my story:

- Had great memory starting at age 7. Now if I try to recall things, my mind just block as I cannot think no more and sense pressure in head. (Barrier in the lower back)
- Dreaming of me often whit long white hair on a gold horse before it all started.
- Dreaming of me often falling in the dark hole whit no end, like in a tunnel
- Very strong allergies could do nothing for 2 years all summer at the age of 14-15
- started epilepsy attack at the age of 18 and passed all the tests and they did not find anything wrong. No cerebral lesions...
- Cannot sleep no more than 5 to 6 hours both the average is 5 hours per nights.

Personnaly, as I can sense my episode starting, it looks like the Kundallini starting from the base but when it arise or arrive at to lower portion of the head, it is like someone is trying to pull me with my head...

I live in Montreal Canada and I would be willing to travel in order to get me "Fix" as I have tried about everything here...

Any advises would be greatly appreciated

And please if you sense that a better way of cleaning me would be more helpful I would also appreciate...

Best regards to all

Wattsup

Hi Wattsup, in my experience Reiki can be very helpful, but the efficiency can vary a great deal, depending on the type of illness/problem and the Reiki practitioner. I think that to treat allergies directly with Reiki isn't common, but once the whole system(body/spirit) starts to heal anything is possible. In my experience in both giving Reiki and receiving it I would say that things that have to do with the nervous system are very suitable for Reiki treatment, I have no idea if epilepsy is similar in this fashion. The way I see it is that the Reiki energy (the practitioner actually 'activates' your 'receivers' so that the energy can flow into you, through his hands) helps the body to start its own healing process. This means that in more severe cases one or two sessions isn't enough. Reiki will not 'Fix' things for you immediately, it can take time and one must strive for balance in other areas of life too. The best thing to do, if you want to get the full benefits of Reiki, is to study it yourself starting from course 1. In this way you can treat yourself with Reiki (once you get attuned) whenever and as long as you want. Giving Reiki to your self before sleeping can be of great help. Be sure to find a sensei(teacher) who practises the traditional Usui-reiki and who has good lineage. You can find discussion about this in some of the Reiki threads on this forum. I would start from this one:

Recommended Reiki Master?

Having said that, I must add that in my experience Reiki can certainly jump start healing processes, but if you are not working on your health and spirit on other areas the results are not lasting. I guess you've checked out the Eiriu Eolas program? That's the main tool for healing on many levels, and it should be practised regularly. And I'm sure that the diet and health section will give you many great tools to work with. And the recommended readings on psychology are also very important for overall health.

Good luck! :)

John! said:
wattsup said:
@ John! and Aragorn,

Thanks for the advises, I will look in to it right away!

Cheers!

Wattsup

Oh, and Éiriú Eolas is not recommended for people with epilepsy.

Thanks John!, I totally forgot about that. Those with epilepsy should not do the 'round breathing/bioenergetic breathing'. The other parts of the program are safe to do. You can find this information in the 'Quick Guide' on the EE website, eiriu-eolas.org.

I noticed that in my previous post I put a link to this very same thread, sorry for the mix up! :)

Thanks for the advise, I finally found that it was a thing that happenned in a past life and that I was so scare that I fainted a couple of time there so by coupling it with the breathing technique, I find myself finally "living" a more "normal" life.

Thanks again for the help!

wattsup

So reading the page on James Deacon's web site, it seems my reiki teacher's symbols are slightly different than the web site. My biggest issue is with symbol 1, which my teacher said can be used in both its mirror image versions! I was alarmed to find out I had been using the 'wrong' mirror image of the symbol (with the horizontal line right facing right, and a clockwise direction of spiral), I wonder what effect it has had on me in the month or so I've been using it.

Symbol 2 and 3 are pretty much similar, with symbol 3 strokes a little different, particularly at the end. It is close to one of the variations that Deacon shows.

So my question is that is it necessary for me to get re-attuned to these 2 levels or could I use the 'proper' symbols without re-attunement? I also understand for attunement one needs to use the master symbol - I am not yet sure how accurate that symbol matches with versions in the web site (James Deacon).

Laura said:
You can visit this website: http://www.geocities.com/fascin8or/reiki_symbolsP.html to see what appear to be accurate representations of the Usui symbols. He also includes pages that show the various other representations - corruptions - of the symbols so thaty you can see what others have done to the "circuit" creation process.

The above linked site seems to have some very good information, so perhaps it might be useful to write to the author and inquire about Reiki masters from him?

Funny how that link is no longer available. Could you recommend another one? And too, are there books out there, you could recommend. If these books are listed in the forum here, I will find them, but if not, I would like to know about them.

Back
Top Bottom