Recommended Reiki Master?

Harold said:
Laura said:
You can visit this website: http://www.geocities.com/fascin8or/reiki_symbolsP.html to see what appear to be accurate representations of the Usui symbols. He also includes pages that show the various other representations - corruptions - of the symbols so thaty you can see what others have done to the "circuit" creation process.

The above linked site seems to have some very good information, so perhaps it might be useful to write to the author and inquire about Reiki masters from him?

Funny how that link is no longer available. Could you recommend another one? And too, are there books out there, you could recommend. If these books are listed in the forum here, I will find them, but if not, I would like to know about them.

http://www.aetw.org/

Harold said:
Laura said:
You can visit this website: http://www.geocities.com/fascin8or/reiki_symbolsP.html to see what appear to be accurate representations of the Usui symbols. He also includes pages that show the various other representations - corruptions - of the symbols so thaty you can see what others have done to the "circuit" creation process.

The above linked site seems to have some very good information, so perhaps it might be useful to write to the author and inquire about Reiki masters from him?

Funny how that link is no longer available. Could you recommend another one? And too, are there books out there, you could recommend. If these books are listed in the forum here, I will find them, but if not, I would like to know about them.

http://aetw.org/reiki_symbols.html
Same author, now with his own domain.

Hi All

I finally found out three people who make Reiki in my place here are some of what I found out:

There are 3 women:

1- Iliana C: She charged $ 135 for the 1 Initiation, and $ 150 for the class . I talked to her and ask for her lineage but she just only said it came from Dr Usui, she didn't know what I'm asking for. In fact I felt she was upset that I asked something like that....

2-Andrea J: She is not master but do Reiki she charge just $ 12 to do Reiki to the persons and she said that she have learnt from a teacher that learnt in 1980 in Spain from USUI´s technique.
So I went the last Saturday to her house, she made reiki on me I felt fine in a peaceful place I felt confortable, she did reiki and I felt my throat very hot ( I was ill with a cold ), and I felt cool in my stomach and hot in my back this was my first time with Reiki.She said that I had a lot of energy, :rolleyes:. She gave me the number of her master so I could call her and ask for the initiation and I did today, but she called me today and told me that she will be master in this week because she have asked to a friend of her that do Reiki and he doesn't charge a lot of money to her so she said that she can give me the initiation this weekend for a low fee since she believes this is to help people not to charge a lot of money!!!! It seems to me that she is very worry to charge a high fee to the people is what she said.....

3- Sandra : She is the Master , she charge $ 110 for the first initiation, and she do individual, she said that I get a place so she can go there and do my initiation, as instructions she said days before I can not eat a lot of meat or wine ???? (Well I did not eat it in this days !!!because of the Detox ) She said she learnt in Spain in 80´s from a German teacher and Spain teachers they came from USUI´s teachers.....but didn't say what are the names ???? :huh: :huh: She said that she need to do in two parts first one afternoon and the other day in the morning to accomplish the initiation. She sounds very nice person at the phone and very open, just she doesn't remember names to give me her lineage!!!

So I this here to find out how this classes work with those teacher's, does I have to see something in the person an stranger behavior ???

What I knew there are only 3 Steps to be a Master or not ?

zim said:
Hi All

I finally found out three people who make Reiki in my place here are some of what I found out:

There are 3 women:

1- Iliana C: She charged $ 135 for the 1 Initiation, and $ 150 for the class . I talked to her and ask for her lineage but she just only said it came from Dr Usui, she didn't know what I'm asking for. In fact I felt she was upset that I asked something like that....

Well, I guess it's pretty obvious that this person isn't someone to trust. I personally wouldn't trust any Reiki teacher who can't tell their lineage, at least who their own teacher was - by name.

2-Andrea J: She is not master but do Reiki she charge just $ 12 to do Reiki to the persons and she said that she have learnt from a teacher that learnt in 1980 in Spain from USUI´s technique.
So I went the last Saturday to her house, she made reiki on me I felt fine in a peaceful place I felt confortable, she did reiki and I felt my throat very hot ( I was ill with a cold ), and I felt cool in my stomach and hot in my back this was my first time with Reiki.She said that I had a lot of energy, :rolleyes:. She gave me the number of her master so I could call her and ask for the initiation and I did today, but she called me today and told me that she will be master in this week because she have asked to a friend of her that do Reiki and he doesn't charge a lot of money to her so she said that she can give me the initiation this weekend for a low fee since she believes this is to help people not to charge a lot of money!!!! It seems to me that she is very worry to charge a high fee to the people is what she said.....

This person, imo, sounds even more confused than person no 1. It is my understanding that Usui DID originally put an semi-high price tag to the different initiations/courses, because he knew that people would respect the teachings more this way (I don't remember this precisely, I'll look it up!). This is just my impression of what you wrote, but I would not in any circumstances take any kind of initiation from this person. There are a lot of people out there claiming to be self learned Reiki gurus who just love to help you for free. But the truth is that they can very well be harming people, even without knowing it themselves (I think Laura talks about this 'dark Reiki' in The Wave).

3- Sandra : She is the Master , she charge $ 110 for the first initiation, and she do individual, she said that I get a place so she can go there and do my initiation, as instructions she said days before I can not eat a lot of meat or wine ???? (Well I did not eat it in this days !!!because of the Detox ) She said she learnt in Spain in 80´s from a German teacher and Spain teachers they came from USUI´s teachers.....but didn't say what are the names ???? :huh: :huh: She said that she need to do in two parts first one afternoon and the other day in the morning to accomplish the initiation. She sounds very nice person at the phone and very open, just she doesn't remember names to give me her lineage!!!

Again, it's suspicious that this person doesn't recall any names, but this doesn't of course mean that she isn't a well meaning person - hard to say. The rest sounds pretty accurate, from what I can tell. So if I really had to choose, I would go for person no 3. Of course the best choice would be to find a responsible and down to earth teacher who has his/her lineage written down and knows the original Usui teachings (you could ask for more specifics of what they are teaching).

Good luck!

Hi Aragon

Thanks for your answer; I decided finally to take the initiation with the 3th one, I did the initiation the last weekend in two parts she gave me a manual did something around me,blew in my head , in my chest and in my stomach too. I was sit all the time and after that she explain me the positions of the hands. The other day she show me how to do the reiki to a person and she did to me then I did to another person, At the end she said I must do the Reiki everyday

That's the brief of what I've learn this weekend but nothing said about the diet or anthing else..

I did not felt too much change did not felt hot body or cold body it is always , I Just have a little sound or vibration in my head but nothing else, so I wonder If after the first initiation do I have to feel something stranger in my body???? :huh: :huh:

zim said:
Hi Aragon

Thanks for your answer; I decided finally to take the initiation with the 3th one, I did the initiation the last weekend in two parts she gave me a manual did something around me,blew in my head , in my chest and in my stomach too. I was sit all the time and after that she explain me the positions of the hands. The other day she show me how to do the reiki to a person and she did to me then I did to another person, At the end she said I must do the Reiki everyday

That's the brief of what I've learn this weekend but nothing said about the diet or anthing else..

I did not felt too much change did not felt hot body or cold body it is always , I Just have a little sound or vibration in my head but nothing else, so I wonder If after the first initiation do I have to feel something stranger in my body???? :huh: :huh:

I don't know as much about Reiki as Aragorn does, but when I got my attunements (L1/L2) the sensations were similar to receiving Reiki. I felt "lighter" and slightly more energized. Did you receive Reiki from this person before getting attuned, can you compare what the initiation felt like compared to just receiving Reiki?

zim said:
Hi Aragon

Congrats on your first Reiki course and initiation! Fwiw, her procedures sound pretty okay from what I can tell. In my experience the 'diet thing' isn't promoted in the traditional Usui Reiki courses - it isn't a part of the original teachings. But maybe people ate healthier in those days anyway, so there was no need for Usui to point this out (just my own theory). However, I've heard many times things like: "You can experience detox symptoms even a week BEFORE the course, be sure to drink a lot of water... etc" from 'teachers' representing 'New Age Reiki' fractions (not traditional). So I wouldn't worry about her not talking about your diet. I hope she DID talk about e.g. the Reiki principles/gokai (from _http://www.aetw.org/reiki_precepts_gokai.htm):

---

Just for today (Kyo dake wa):

Don't get angry (Okoru na*)

Don't worry (Shinpai su na)

Be grateful (Kansha shite)

Work hard (Gyo wo hage me)

Be kind to others (Hito ni shinsetsu ni)

---

If you can find these in her manual, or variations of it (see James Deacons page) you're probably in good hands. And from what you write, there wasn't any talks about fairies or e.g. Merlin? I'm saying this because I once attended a 'modified Reiki' course and you wouldn't believe the tales they told, you can read about some of it HERE.

I wouldn't worry about not feeling anything after or during the initiation. I didn't feel or see (some say they see colors flashing) anything either the first couple of times. But with time, when I had done Reiki regularly I DID feel the energies flowing more efficiently. So her advice to do Reiki every day (don't forget EE tough!) sounds good -- I remember that in the first year or so I had to do plenty of Reiki on my self, especially my feet, to keep it working (to build up 'the heat'). Now it's more and more permanently present. It's wonderful and strengthening to do Reiki on others too, hope you have some 'guinea pigs' to try on! :)

Congrats on your first Reiki course and initiation! Fwiw, her procedures sound pretty okay from what I can tell. In my experience the 'diet thing' isn't promoted in the traditional Usui Reiki courses - it isn't a part of the original teachings. But maybe people ate healthier in those days anyway, so there was no need for Usui to point this out (just my own theory). However, I've heard many times things like: "You can experience detox symptoms even a week BEFORE the course, be sure to drink a lot of water... etc" from 'teachers' representing 'New Age Reiki' fractions (not traditional). So I wouldn't worry about her not talking about your diet. I hope she DID talk about e.g. the Reiki principles/gokai (from _http://www.aetw.org/reiki_precepts_gokai.htm):

---

Just for today (Kyo dake wa):

Don't get angry (Okoru na*)

Don't worry (Shinpai su na)

Be grateful (Kansha shite)

Work hard (Gyo wo hage me)

Be kind to others (Hito ni shinsetsu ni)
If you can find these in her manual, or variations of it (see James Deacons page) you're probably in good hands

Hi Aragon

Well yes I find out the gokai on her manual, in fact before go with her I've read the James Deacons material which have help me a lot, to understand the Reiki.

And from what you write, there wasn't any talks about fairies or e.g. Merlin? I'm saying this because I once attended a 'modified Reiki' course and you wouldn't believe the tales they told, you can read about some of it HERE.

No No in fact she show me her Biography and I found out that she met Castañeda when he was alive, and she knew about Castañeda material so it was a good conversation with her..... I'll take a look of this link , in fact she was a serious talker ,pretty accurate with James Deacon page.

I wouldn't worry about not feeling anything after or during the initiation. I didn't feel or see (some say they see colors flashing) anything either the first couple of times. But with time, when I had done Reiki regularly I DID feel the energies flowing more efficiently. So her advice to do Reiki every day (don't forget EE tough!) sounds good -- I remember that in the first year or so I had to do plenty of Reiki on my self, especially my feet, to keep it working (to build up 'the heat'). Now it's more and more permanently present. It's wonderful and strengthening to do Reiki on others too, hope you have some 'guinea pigs' to try on! :)
[/quote/]

I can not do Reiki everyday since I work almost all day when Im not driving , so I'll do with my Kids first ( I have 4 ;D) and the rest of my family too when I can, by now the EE program I do everyday the meditate part and the pipe breath.... , I would like help people if they need with Reiki I really do.... :) ; thanks Aragon for your support on this procedure... :D

I can not do Reiki everyday since I work almost all day when Im not driving , so I'll do with my Kids first ( I have 4 ) and the rest of my family too when I can, by now the EE program I do everyday the meditate part and the pipe breath.... , I would like help people if they need with Reiki I really do.... ; thanks Aragon for your support on this procedure...

Glad I could help, I'm soon halfway through my Reiki teachers training which means that I still have a lot to learn. :)

Talking about kids, I've noticed that applying Reiki is an extremely efficient way to help your children fall asleep. We only have one child, he is little over two years now (in January we'll have our second!) and he really enjoys it when I do some Reiki while tucking him in for the night. It's funny how 'professionally' he handles it: when he feel that he has got enough (Reiki energy) he gently but firmly takes my hands away and places them on the side of the bed!

The most efficient hand positions for our son has been:

- Hands on ears (covering the whole side of the head) [this is very good for restlessness or 'over tiredness']
- Hands "around" shoulders, holding the sides of the shoulders with the upper part of the hand being slightly on top of the shoulder [this is very good for comfort and sense of security!]
- One hand on the top of the head, and the other hand on the belly or chest*
- If the child is scared, shocked or hurt you could try the following: place your hand on the top of the child's head, slide your hand gently along the body surface downwards - along the spine all the way down where the spine ends. Repeat several times. This is supposed to be very comforting to the child, and in my experience it works.

*) I don't know how accurate this is, but my teacher (who has studied also in Japan with a teacher from the Reiki Ryoho Gakkai) said, that small babies are too 'open' for doing Reiki on the chest or heart area, so this shouldn't be attempted. I'm not sure if I understood him correctly, but I think he meant that babies are still so 'open to the universe' at the heart chakra, that one shouldn't mess with it. He suggested that babies would be treated with Reiki mainly with placing the hands at "both ends", that is to say one hand on the top of the head and the other one on the soles of the feet. Not so easy with a struggling baby I can tell you! :D

Aaron said:
zim said:
Hi Aragon

I don't know as much about Reiki as Aragorn does, but when I got my attunements (L1/L2) the sensations were similar to receiving Reiki. I felt "lighter" and slightly more energized. Did you receive Reiki from this person before getting attuned, can you compare what the initiation felt like compared to just receiving Reiki?

I do received from another person and felt hot in some parts of my body and cold in the others, when she did Reiki to me later I did feel hot in someparts but just that sensation, and before when she did the attunement she was walking around me I felt something in my head like I was little dizzy but nothing like lighter or energized...after that little dizzy nothing else.

Aragorn said:
I can not do Reiki everyday since I work almost all day when Im not driving , so I'll do with my Kids first ( I have 4 ) and the rest of my family too when I can, by now the EE program I do everyday the meditate part and the pipe breath.... , I would like help people if they need with Reiki I really do.... ; thanks Aragon for your support on this procedure...

Glad I could help, I'm soon halfway through my Reiki teachers training which means that I still have a lot to learn. :)

Talking about kids, I've noticed that applying Reiki is an extremely efficient way to help your children fall asleep. We only have one child, he is little over two years now (in January we'll have our second!) and he really enjoys it when I do some Reiki while tucking him in for the night. It's funny how 'professionally' he handles it: when he feel that he has got enough (Reiki energy) he gently but firmly takes my hands away and places them on the side of the bed!

The most efficient hand positions for our son has been:

- Hands on ears (covering the whole side of the head) [this is very good for restlessness or 'over tiredness']
- Hands "around" shoulders, holding the sides of the shoulders with the upper part of the hand being slightly on top of the shoulder [this is very good for comfort and sense of security!]
- One hand on the top of the head, and the other hand on the belly or chest*
- If the child is scared, shocked or hurt you could try the following: place your hand on the top of the child's head, slide your hand gently along the body surface downwards - along the spine all the way down where the spine ends. Repeat several times. This is supposed to be very comforting to the child, and in my experience it works.

*) I don't know how accurate this is, but my teacher (who has studied also in Japan with a teacher from the Reiki Ryoho Gakkai) said, that small babies are too 'open' for doing Reiki on the chest or heart area, so this shouldn't be attempted. I'm not sure if I understood him correctly, but I think he meant that babies are still so 'open to the universe' at the heart chakra, that one shouldn't mess with it. He suggested that babies would be treated with Reiki mainly with placing the hands at "both ends", that is to say one hand on the top of the head and the other one on the soles of the feet. Not so easy with a struggling baby I can tell you! :D

Hi Aragorn

Yesterday I did Reiki to 3 of them and it was beautiful how each one talked about their sensations and make them relax for sleep, they are youngers 16,14 and 9 and really enjoy it, it is amazing , in fact took my attention that the older one have a problem in a teeth so when I put my hands in her ears she felt that something burn in that area.... :scared: so I think it was working well ????? The energy with go where the person need right ? That´s good to think we can help in some way :D
It is stranger how the Reiki works in the people, Im so happy to begin this new phase in my life. :clap:

Thanks for your advice in the hand positions it will be helpfull to apply to them too... ;)

I have a question about the attunement, when the master do an attunement what really happen with us, I mean what they do so we can put our hands and the Rei-ki flows ??? :huh:

Regards

I would like to ask a question similar to John!'s below. I am trying to better understand the significance of the Reiki symbols, and how to best utilize them. Along with asking a specific question, I wanted to describe how I am currently understanding the function behind the Reiki symbols. I welcome feedback and adjustments to my thinking. :)

John! said:
Would it be possible to get a reiki master to attune me to the correct reiki symbols even though that person had not been attuned to that set? Would that work or would the person had to have already been attuned to the correct symbols in order to pass the attunement along?

Laura said that Reiki symbols do not necessarily carry power in themselves. But geometry is very important. So an accurate replication of the symbol is important, but is not the whole story. What role then does the person drawing the symbol play?

Laura said:
I don't agree with either the idea that they are just triggers, nor do I agree with the opposing idea that they "carry power in themselves".

If the purpose of the symbol is to etch a psychic pattern into the person's energy field, then the symbol itself is a psychic "construct". It resonates perfectly* to some universal or cosmic idea. An accurate representation of the symbol in 3D bonds this idea to an object (point) in space-time, for example a piece of paper. Thus bringing the energies and intentions of that cosmic idea into our world, or specifically into the Reiki channeler/recipient, enabling healing or charging/storing of energy.

Laura said:
I hypothesized that the significance of the symbls was that they are like something that "communicates information" into one's energy field, that they more or less "etch psychic circuit boards" in one's energy field.

So my question is, must someone be attuned before they can use a Reiki symbol?

I think the answer is yes. Going off of the above, the Reiki symbol must first be psychically "downloaded" into an individual, before they can build the physical-psychic bond. The process of building this bond, writing the symbol, is a process of psychically imprinting the paper with the correct resonance. The person drawing the symbol first channels Reiki into the paper. The purpose behind writing the symbol out is because it does not change. The symbol on paper will not waver like it might in a person's mind. So it can sit there, continuously emanating Reiki energy, and perhaps even building it up. Without proper attunement, the individual lacks a resonance of the symbol/idea, and therefore cannot accurately represent that symbol; they cannot build a psychic bond to something they themselves have no resonance with.

* There must be some margin of error, because it is not possible to get different people to recreate something that is 100% like the original. Or even the same person to re-create it multiple times. Which makes me wonder about digitally creating the symbols, using CAD software, and then printing it out.

Right after posting I remembered that James Deacon had commented on this at http://www.aetw.org/reiki_symbols.html

Many people, on first hearing about Reiki, have jumped to the conclusion that knowledge of the four symbols will give them the 'power' to do Reiki.

But this is not the case.

To reveal the visual representations of the four symbols, or the Japanese words which form their names (and for that matter the Anglicised meanings of those Japanese words) is not to 'give away' their power - their 'secret'

The 'secret' of the four symbols is something which cannot be expressed in words or images, but can only truly be understood by experiencing the symbols once properly initiated into Reiki.

To be effective as 'keys' to Reiki, the symbols need to be 'psychically imprinted' on the student by a Reiki Teacher as part of the Initiation/attunement process.

I am still curious what the take of the network is on this, and if my "understanding" of how it works makes any sense. :)

Hello!
It's been a while since I've last posted but I'm very curious about Reiki. I recently went to a massage therapy session with someone (a family member of my girlfriend) who claims to be learned in Reiki, and has performed Reiki on me at my request with some obvious benefits. This has interested me for a little while and I would really like to start learning how to practice. After reading the wave series I've become a little nervous about falling into the "wrong camp" and unintentionally learning Reiki that could prove to be detrimental to the person I'm practicing on. After a quick search on the forum I couldn't find an answer. I'm hoping that I can toss the question to you; Are any of you aware of a safe place to learn Reiki in and around the east coast of the U.S.A.? Preferably in the New England area.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Antilou,

I have merged your post in that thread since you are looking for a good reiki master.

Thanks once again everyone - really good advice. I once has a couple of sessions with someone called Solariel - from the Ashtar Command faction (apparently she's quite high up and closely connected to Athena) which left me feeling quite depressed.

I asked her (this was long before I found Laura's work) if the Ashtar Command group were connected to the Annunaki in any way. She drew a graph in the air - then a descending line, jabbing a dot somewhere towards the top with her finger. As I said, she drew this in the air, without saying a word and refused any further elaboration on this topic.

Back
Top Bottom