Regarding this video

Thank you for clarifying further ken. I would just like to comment on the following:

ken macdonald said:
I have been observing myself since my teens, and often now catch myself in mental loops and emotional loops. Some I have learned to break out of, but others I do not know how to release.
This was my purpose for learning how to use the ouijja board, to catch my loops. I am not at all interested in finding a guru, I don't believe in them or their purpose.

To objectively see those mental and thoughts loops, which are familiar to most (if not all) of us, you need external feedback, although I don't think that using the board is the best tool for that. As others have mentioned, the risks far surpass any possible benefits. It seems to me that by using the board you may be trying to find a fast track solution to get rid of something unwanted. This is probably unconscious, but to really get to the bottom of whatever is inside it is my understanding that you need to see it for yourself, come face to face, and become fully aware of it. That is also why the forum is here, and many members post their issues in order for them to be objectively looked at by others, and consequently by themselves.

Once you start bringing your inner loops to the surface by networking about them, you will, if you choose to do so, start seeing a clearer path and grow from the experience of actively working through them. Many members have already experienced tremendous growth with this process (these are often posted in a more restricted section of the forum which you will have access to once you reach 50 posts).

From my experience, actively looking inside, bringing what we find to the surface and networking about it has an incredibly healing effect, not to mention that you can only grow stronger because you will not only learn about yourself, but also about how to deal with those issues. This is something that a board won't likely bring. I have never used a board and may be wrong in the following assessment, but there seems to be a more passive role from the part of the participant, as if he/she awaits that by interacting with the board those issues will automatically clear themselves up. A few things may, but again, the risks surpass the benefits. In my experience, however, you have to do the work, actively "put your hands in the dirt", dig inside, grow the courage to bring the darkness to light, and grow the strength and skills to act on them in favor of a better you.

Just my 2 cents.

well said Gertrudes,

funny that I came to this thought just tonight during an experiment trying to produce a psycomantium, Then jump on here and BANG! this was the first post I looked at! these syncronicities happen all too often it just amazes me. (I'm taking this as a confirmation that I'm on the right track.)

I have come to the conclusion that I am not in need of a "shortcut" and I should start with the basics. Its strange how I say this over and over and yet still find my lil ego creep up on me and come up with ideas like this. hmmmm... *Runs off to finally order some Martha Stout*

All the time Ive spent looking for a shortcut I probably could be like Jesus by now :P jk.

Regards,

Brent.

Hi folks

I have to say that I was not looking at the instrument-board as a shortcut. It just appeared to me to be a continuation of the process of clearing myself. I view my just commenced study and practice of hypnosis along the same lines, and I wasn't going to attempt the board until I felt ready for it. My original question was put because I had just come across a session where it was mentioned positively, and I thought it could be an additional method for future use. My caution (not expressed forthrightly) has been reinforced by the comments from forum members. Thank you. At the present moment I am working with hypnosis, meditation (including Eiriu Eolas), and diet, and if I ever work with a board it will be in the future _after_ I have progressed enough and found someone/s who would be capable of doing the board work with me.

About bringing my inner loops or issues to the board for external feedback I am not clear on what is being discussed. I see at least two types of issues: One is my external issues around money, procrastination, being overweight (as in why I have these issues?) Another is the internal issues such as 'Why, when I am thinking of a particular subject such as "why did I respond to that person that way" I find myself distracted from the question and no matter how I try to deal with it find my thoughts vectoring off and find myself blocked' Is my understanding of your point correct Gertrudes?
I will have to do some research of this forum in order to discover where, and perhaps how, to discuss these and other issues.

In that regard, this question has morphed from its original intent, and I wonder at its placement in this particular sub-forum. If it were to be moved, where would a discussion such as this be moved?

Thanks for your feedback.

chaps23 said:
I have come to the conclusion that I am not in need of a "shortcut" and I should start with the basics. Its strange how I say this over and over and yet still find my lil ego creep up on me and come up with ideas like this. hmmmm... *Runs off to finally order some Martha Stout*

Yes, short cutting can really be a tempting, insidious little thought, can't it? I'm certainly "guilty" of that as well.
Fwiw, ordering Martha Stout seems to me a very good approach. If you can, I would also add the other 4 psychology recommended books. I don't know what they will do for you, but they were, for me, a true eye opener. They helped me in putting all my life into perspective, and further network about it.

ken macdonald said:
About bringing my inner loops or issues to the board for external feedback I am not clear on what is being discussed. I see at least two types of issues: One is my external issues around money, procrastination, being overweight (as in why I have these issues?) Another is the internal issues such as 'Why, when I am thinking of a particular subject such as "why did I respond to that person that way" I find myself distracted from the question and no matter how I try to deal with it find my thoughts vectoring off and find myself blocked' Is my understanding of your point correct Gertrudes?

Well, you mentioned that you wished to clean/clear yourself in a previous post in this thread, further adding that you wished to "clear myself of subconscious loops and other subconscious manifestations". In that sense, beginning to pull a thread of issues that may come to your mind, such as the ones you suggested above, may be a good way to start. As you already noticed, once you pose a question you never know where the feedback may take you. Because you have lived with your issues for a lifetime, you can easily stop seeing them, as if becoming numb. So putting a few things to the forefront, such as issues with money, being overweight and so on can result in surprising (and extremely helpful) revelations about yourself.

Ken macdonald said:
I will have to do some research of this forum in order to discover where, and perhaps how, to discuss these and other issues.

In that regard, this question has morphed from its original intent, and I wonder at its placement in this particular sub-forum. If it were to be moved, where would a discussion such as this be moved?

Most of these topics are discussed in a sub board called "The Swamp". However, you can only have access to that board once you reach 50 posts. This helps to protect members privacy.
In the meantime, if you wish to post something about yourself and feel comfortable with it, I suppose that the board "The Work" could be a good start. Others may have different suggestions though.

Also, have you had the chance to have a look at the 5 Psychology recommended books? They are under the heading: Narcissism Big Five in the link I've added. I thought I'd suggest them since they can be so crucially helpful in understanding one's inner and outer dynamic, and peel the layers of automatic programs and thought loops we carry with us. This may be a useful tool to add to your process of inner discovery :)

Edit: added sentences

ken macdonald said:
Thank you for the guidance.
As per diet I have been conscious of what I eat for some time. Using "Diet for a small planet" as a starting point I was vegetarian for many years, beginning in my late teens. Now I eat flesh, but mostly organic though not entirely grass fed as the winters in Canada preclude pasturing outdoors, except for bison and some hardy cows I suppose.
Hi Ken. Just thought i would mention that there is a new business in Alberta started by 2 young women that have done research on the best grasses, creating the best quality, and most healthy meat for humans. I do not know where in Canada you are from, but if you have access to good meat in the summer, have you considered using a freezer? Not to mention, bales of hay, or grass can be fed in the winter months, as well.
Just thought i would mention it.
I just did a search on google to find the particular business i was mentioning, and there are a number of them.

I just wanted to echo Gertrudes' suggestion to chaps23 and ken macdonald (and others) to read the "Psychology/Narcissism Big Five" recommended books because they really help us understand so many of our programs and get a better perspective looking back over our lives. We really get a much better idea of what we're looking at during self observation.

These books really lay out why we dissociate so much (especially Myth of Sanity), how we became narcissistically wounded by our parent(s), even if it was very subtle and not overt abuse (especially The Narcissistic Family), how we internalize the criticizing and overbearing parent(s) and form the "negative introject" that keeps us beating ourselves up and berating ourselves throughout life and sabotaging ourselves and our goals (Trapped in the Mirror). How we keep repeating the same childhood dynamics in adult life and relationships with the hope of "fixing" the dysfunctional / narcissistic parent relationship and finally getting our needs met and being love for who we are, as we are, but by choosing the same types of people in relationships as the narcissistic parent, continue to be disappointed because these people are incapable of meeting others' needs or of loving anyone for who they are.

Also, we get crucial insights into "energy vampire" dynamics and archetypes (especially Unholy Hungers) and covert aggressive behaviors. With all that new knowledge, it really becomes much more fruitful to practice self observation while self remembering. And re-reading occasionally these books as needed is also a big help.

Thanks Seekin Truth,

Working in it now. The misses has my credit card today (Dangerous move on my part) but I will order and pay for them asap. I realise how I must understand myself before healing myself.

Regards,

Chaps

Back
Top Bottom