Sam Vaknin - Narcissist or "I, Psychopath"?

Sam Vaknin - Narcissist or Psychopath?

Piranah here is a sampling of what these two do at AAC. It gets really weird and really nasty.

_http://www.allaboutcounseling.com/BBoards/BBContent.cfm?BBId=3&ThreadID=32884&UID=20806&DateSelect=-7&GO=0

omg sounds really nasty. wd mentions the characters from Psycho!! I can almost hear the sneer in his words. Who would want that creep googling you on the net. I have never even thought of doing that to anyone only ever did it for my own name but the thought never crossed my mind to do this to anyone else! Then he turns it around and plays the victim card. 'Oh you are hurting poor vulnerable me...I don't feel safe posting here etc...' I have a whole nest of narcissists socially isolating me at present. Started with a parent at my child's school. I tried to bring the issues out in the open and that was biggest mistake.... she and her mates played the victim thing so well I had no chance. Then they switched from the' oh we are the victim' frightened mode .....to the' oh hi how are you' smiley,friendly mode. So I stopped talking to them at all and ignoring them. So they tried the 'see she is sooo horrible and not talking to us' mode. It sounds silly but these people are well into the fabric of the school and so can insinuate and manipulate alot of stuff. Still I have learned so much and it all helps for future encounters.

Piranah hi.

That thread is still going on!! I think what amazes me about narcissist types- on that site, and in real life, is that they really love to argue. They love that drama. I don't understand WHY. I never have. It's odd to me that while they are the ones that so loudly espouse Xtianity and its principles, but by their very nature (needing to tear down, demean, HURT) do not actually practice those tenets of the faith. Do unto others. It's hypocrisy. They expect to be treated SO much better than the way they treat.

I wonder if they REALLY can't see it, or if it is just a game.

What's really wild on that site is now that he got "told" he retreated, but there are new male posters with the same writing style, that became active after his thread didn't turn out the way he wanted. He has at least two but these two are talking to each other. Cool got-it-together kinda guys. He must be exhausted!! It IS entertaining as well as educational.

Well, I'm off to my real world now - I hope you have a good weekend!!

Filachi said:
I think what amazes me about narcissist types- on that site, and in real life, is that they really love to argue. They love that drama.
I know someone who's more narcissistic than average. For years, I couldn't understand why they would always shoot down any opinion of mine. Having a conversation with them is like walking on eggshells. I mean, they're not a horrible person, but if you accidentally step on a trigger then they go off with a bang.

I understand them a lot better now, which makes it easier for me to consider them, and not be a threat to their perceived reality. But I don't think (in this case anyway) it's about getting a kick out of the drama. I think it's because in their eyes, I'm actually a part of themselves. If I say, "I like ..." then they say, "Oh man, .... is stupid, terrible, etc etc!" They can't actually understand that someone else is an individual, and have a right to a differing opinion. OSIT

T.C.

They must be aware filachi and they coat it over with the knowledge they are superior and right so even if their methods of social attack do not fit in with the general accepted morality they think it is okay if no one actually works out what they are doing and their inner warped morality says it is ok . If they feel threatened or challenged then as Thomas says they go off with a bang. Experience has taught that if you know a narcissist do not let them know that you know what they are. At least not until you have them backed in a corner with absolute evidence they cannot manipulate. Note how many criminals and murderers are invisible in society and evade detection and only when confronted with irrefutable evidence do they suddenly get shown in true light. We don't want to believe the kind doctor is a rapist or the teacher a pedophile or the husband has killed his pregnant wife. Some might suspect something odd about their character before such a terrible event but most people only see what they are offered.
I started going to a local church and noted the christianity thing also where not everyone was as christian as you would expect. Life is a mask and they wear it well. They seem to need constant validation and adoration.
Dr Sam seems a good example but he is strange because he has come right out and said he is a narcissist and proud of it kinda. Actually in reading some of his self promotion stuff he states all the traits of narcissism but does not really come out and say it is bad. I get the vibe he is even boastful in parts. He has fooled many victims who see him as wonderful and knowledgeable what could be more fun?

'I understand them a lot better now, which makes it easier for me to consider them, and not be a threat to their perceived reality.' to quote Thomas

Very true that you need to be able to watch and observe these narcissists without them marking you as doing so. Praising and agreeing with them on the surface or being non committal usually works. Emotional challenges are doomed to fail.

piranah said:
Praising and agreeing with them on the surface or being non committal usually works
Yes - and that's also great for self discipline. :) It ties in with what Gurdjieff said about taking the blame for things, or admitting that you're wrong, even when you're not.

T.C.

I agree that praising or pacifying them is best, because when challenged this kind of person behaves like a cornered animal, a snake, etc. It really galls me to do that, though!!

Thomas C said - "but if you accidentally step on a trigger then they go off with a bang." Boy, aint that the truth!! This is my mom to a T, and this is what I have observed for years at that site. They will say things like, "Do you ENJOY hurting me?" - specially my mom.

Found this excerpt in Sam Vaknins site. Don't you think this demonstrates his whole reason for running the sites. To degrade and distress women. Be afraid be very afraid.

'There is nothing to be learned from the answers to these questions because each individual has her own threshold. No, I simply enjoy the momentary ability to inflict traumatic pain (emotional pain - I am not the physical type and will never harm a woman physically). It is as close as I can get to omnipotence. It is the perfect gender revenge.'.......

'As a Jew I would have done the same to Nazis. As a victim of a woman, I celebrate with unrestrained glee my ability to degrade women, to humiliate them, to frustrate them, to make them beg for life itself, for they see their (often imagined) relationship with me as life itself. This is why I abstain from sex. This is why I dazzle them with my intellect and charm and wit and knowledge, with unprecedented intrusive interest in their petty, boring, housewivish lives - and then I let go abruptly. At this stage, they are so brittle, so vulnerable that they crash to a million shreds with the crystalline sound of agony.'

It seems that the clues are everywhere and he is fairly open about his purpose. It pays to read the small print.

"This is why I dazzle them with my intellect and charm and wit and knowledge, with unprecedented intrusive interest in their petty, boring, housewivish lives - and then I let go abruptly." I have watched a milder form of this at the "other" place. His favorite thing was to get the women to "fight" over him. They actually did this- arguing online. It was bizarre. He would say, "Please, no fighting..." He lost his following, though, so he has re-emerged as different posters. Same style, though - he is either too busy or not smart enough to take the time to try to hide it. It sure makes me wonder...

Re: Sam Vaknin - Narcissist or Psychopath?

Vaknin doesn't run them -- his proxy: Femfree does.

Vaknin merely comes and spews out his psychobabble; usually consisting of links to his articles (which DOMINATE The narcissism category on the net) to hapless members looking for clarity. They leave reeling, feeling stupid and more confused.

That quote you found, piranah -- makes one's blood run cold.

It would appear SV is in favour of Cannibalism _http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/14544

SV
Yet, it is impossible to rigorously derive a prohibition to eat human flesh from any known moral system. As Richard Routley-Silvan observes in his essay "In Defence of Cannibalism", that something is innately repugnant does not make it morally prohibited. Moreover, that we find cannibalism nauseating is probably the outcome of upbringing and conditioning rather than anything innate.

According to Greek mythology, Man was created from the ashes of the Titans, the children of Uranus and Gaea, whom Zeus struck with thunderbolts for murdering his son, Zagreus, and then devouring his body. Mankind, therefore, is directly descendant from the Titans, who may well have been the first cannibals.

He's also spouting the Russian invaded Georgia rot _http://www.globalpolitician.com/25125-georgia-russia-war

He was found guilty of stock fraud in Israel in 1995 _http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Sam-Vaknin

I haven't been through this entire thread, so apologies if this is not new info.

Thought I would snag these in case they "disappear"

_http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Sam-Vaknin
Encyclopedia > Sam Vaknin

Shmuel (Sam) Vaknin was born in Qiryat Yam, Israel, on April 21, 1961. This article needs to be cleaned up to conform to a higher standard of quality. ...

He has been living in Skopje, Macedonia, since 1996 and is married, since September 2002, to Macedonian publisher Lidija Rangelovska, the owner of "Narcissus Publications", a company exclusively devoted to publishing his works[1].

A varied life

Until a few weeks prior to the September 2002 election, Sam Vaknin served as Economic Advisor to former Macedonian Minister of Finance, Nikola Gruevski [2]. Nikola Gruevski was the Minister of Finance in the VMRO-DPMNE government led by Ljubco Georgievski until September 2002. ...

In 1995, in Israel, along with two other men, Dov Landau and Nessin Avioz, he was found guilty on three counts of stock fraud and sentenced to 12 months imprisonment and a fine of 50,000 Shekels (about $12,000).[3]

Until 1995 he was President of the Israeli Chapter of the Professors for World Peace Academy. To meet Wikipedias quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. ...

Publications

His books include:

* "Managing Investment Portfolios in States of Uncertainty", Limon Publishers, Tel-Aviv, 1988 [citation needed]
* "The Gambling Industry", Limon Publishers, Tel-Aviv, 1990 [citation needed]
* "The Macedonian Economy at a Crossroads – On the Way to a Healthier Economy" (dialogues with Nikola Gruevski), Skopje, 1998
* "Bakasha me-Isha Ahuva" - "Requesting my Loved One", Yedioth Aharonot Miskal-Prose, Tel-Aviv, 1997

* After the Rain - How the West Lost the East" Narcissus Publications in association with Central Europe Review/CEENMI[4], 2000
* "Malignant Self Love - Narcissism Revisited", Narcissus Publications, Prague, 1999

Narcissus, the Greek hero after whom narcissism is named, became obsessed with his own reflection. ...
Education

He obtained a Ph.D. in Philosophy of Physics from Pacific Western University. Pacific Western University is an unaccredited distance learning university located in San Diego, California with branch campuses in Tokyo, Japan, Hong Kong, Taipei, Taiwan, and Hanoi, Vietnam. ...

He has online Brainbench Certification in: Categories: Possible copyright violations ...

* E-Commerce Concepts Analyst
* Psychological Counselling Techniques
* Certified Financial Analyst

He speaks both Hebrew and in English fluently.

References

1. ^ Expat Life in Macedonia Some Have Found a Way to Live and Even Thrive, by Chris Deliso
2. ^ How to Take Down a Government, Part I, by Christopher Deliso
3. ^ Evelyn Gordon, Jerusalem Post, June 14, 1996 edition of The Jerusalem Post
4. ^ Central Europe Review

External links

* Biography of Sam Vaknin
* Project Gutenberg books by Sam Vaknin
* Sam Vaknin's Website
* Wikipedia and the Credibility of Online Information by Sam Vaknin
* The New Dark Ages by Sam Vaknin

Categories: Articles with unsourced statements

Results from FactBites:

Narcissistic Personality Disorder -- 6/14/99 -- Sam Vaknin (1852 words)
Vaknin: Narcissism is an exaggeration, a malignancy of a healthy phenomenon.
Vaknin: NPDs attract mates with a low level of personality organization (often other PDs) or people conditioned by their upbringing to live with narcissists (inverted narcissists).
Vaknin: If your mother is one (only a qualified MH pro can diagnose this hyper-complex condition), then you have good reasons to feel the way you do.
Narcissistic Personality Disorder -- 6/14/99 -- Sam Vaknin (1852 words)
Vaknin: Narcissism is an exaggeration, a malignancy of a healthy phenomenon.
Vaknin: NPDs attract mates with a low level of personality organization (often other PDs) or people conditioned by their upbringing to live with narcissists (inverted narcissists).
Vaknin: If your mother is one (only a qualified MH pro can diagnose this hyper-complex condition), then you have good reasons to feel the way you do.

_http://www.escapeartist.com/efam/35/Macedonia.html

A Candid Assessment

If anyone knows about the ins and outs of expat life in Macedonia, it’s Dr. Sam Vaknin a 41 year-old Israeli living in Skopje. The head business analyst for UPI, and a former economic advisor to the Macedonian government, Dr. Vaknin has been living in Macedonia since 1996. In that time, he has developed a somewhat cynical view of the whole “expat community” idea. He even claims that such a thing “…does not exist - expats meet only casually. This is the first country in my career where no such community has emerged, though there are well over 20,000 registered foreigners here.”

In any case, the lack of a large expat community, and its residual distractions, may have worked in Dr. Vaknin’s favor - after all, he did meet his Macedonian wife here.

On the whole, Dr. Vaknin characterized the Macedonia experience as “frustrating.” This verdict has been colored by his experiences with short-sighted bureaocrats and an economy still very much in transition. Yet the very elements which diminish opportunities for the average Macedonian can also benefit the resourceful expat. In Macedonia, says Dr. Vaknin, “there is a dearth of good economists, international lawyers, marketing people, managers and even journalists. In the land of the blind, even the one-eyed man is king.” [...]

Business Analyst for United Press International and a former economic advisor to the Macedonian government, Dr. Sam Vaknin’s website is _http://www.balkanlands.com

Laura said:
Thought I would snag these in case they "disappear"

_http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Sam-Vaknin
Encyclopedia > Sam Vaknin

In Macedonia, says Dr. Vaknin, “there is a dearth of good economists, international lawyers, marketing people, managers and even journalists. In the land of the blind, even the one-eyed man is king.” [...]

He must of been talking about his 'expertise' on Psychology and Narcissism here...

Hi. Since the last time I posted, a thread about Narcissism was revived on the other site that I talked about. In response to bullying and ganging up on another poster. Bless her heart, she got ganged up on, but she's no dummy. She got out of the fray and pulled up that old post in double quick time. The thread keeps going. Since then, it has been very interesting to watch what responses come simply from links and info posted on that thread about NPD. minor reactions, major reactions. It's amazing.

I still haven't come to any conclusions about that site, as in if it is run by "N"s, is for research of co-narcissism, or just a playground for them, but just watching the reactions around the posts on that thread and through out the site have been an education.

Back
Top Bottom