Saturn Articles

http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/news/newsreleases/newsrelease20091209/

oops ... Almost forgot this neat article.

Storm on Saturn - electromagnetic or result of cometary inpact?

_http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/saturn-storm-cassini-101227.html

This is a neat bit of science news. It's a bit old (about a month), but I didn't see it in a forum search:

_http://www.sci-news.com/astronomy/article01008.html

Astronomers See Rain Falling from Saturn’s Rings

“Saturn is the first planet to show significant interaction between its atmosphere and ring system,” said Dr James O’Donoghue of the University of Leicester, lead author of a paper published in the journal Nature.

“The main effect of ring rain is that it acts to ‘quench’ the ionosphere of Saturn, severely reducing the electron densities in regions in which it falls.”

“The ring’s effect on electron densities is important because it explains why, for many decades, observations have shown electron densities to be unusually low at some latitudes at Saturn,” he said.

“It turns out a major driver of Saturn’s ionospheric environment and climate across vast reaches of the planet are ring particles located 36,000 miles overhead,” added co-author Dr Kevin Baines from NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena. “The ring particles affect which species of particles are in this part of the atmospheric temperature.”

In the early 1980s, images from NASA’s Voyager spacecraft showed two to three dark bands on Saturn and scientists theorized that water could have been showering down into those bands from the rings. Those bands were not seen again until 2011 when the team observed the planet with Keck Observatory’s near-infrared spectrograph that combines broad wavelength coverage with high spectral resolution, allowing the observers to clearly see subtle emissions from the bright parts of Saturn.

The ring rain’s effect occurs in Saturn’s ionosphere, where charged particles are produced when the otherwise neutral atmosphere is exposed to a flow of energetic particles or solar radiation.

When the scientists tracked the pattern of emissions of a particular hydrogen molecule consisting of three hydrogen atoms, they expected to see a uniform planet-wide infrared glow. What they observed instead was a series of light and dark bands with a pattern mimicking the planet’s rings. Saturn’s magnetic field ‘maps’ the water-rich rings and the water-free gaps between rings onto the planet’s atmosphere.

They surmised that charged water particles from the planet’s rings were being drawn towards the planet by Saturn’s magnetic field and neutralizing the glowing triatomic hydrogen ions. This leaves large ‘shadows’ in what would otherwise be a planet-wide infrared glow. These shadows cover 30 to 43 percent of the planet’s upper atmosphere surface from around 25 to 55 degrees latitude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ca.
While looking into the Electric Universe material by Talbott, I came across their "Saturn theory":

Saturn Theories
* This theory, that Earth was a moon of Saturn, is accepted by most or all of the Thunderbolts team. Talbott wrote about it in his 1980 book, The Saturn Myth. Cardona has written 3 big books about it so far, called God Star, Flare Star and Primordial Star, and hopes to write a few more. Velikovsky also thought that Earth was a moon of Saturn and initially intended to discuss that in the first part of his 1950 book, Worlds in Collision. But the publisher suggested writing a second book about it later, which he never did. Talbott and Cardona got their initial ideas from Velikovsky.

Stationary Saturn in Myths
* Talbott found in studying ancient myths that Saturn occupied a stationary position in the sky in ancient times. It sounded preposterous, but he felt that the myths should lead the way in this science to see where they could take us, rather than letting astronomy or geology lead the way. Several interesting theories were developed by several researchers in the 80s and 90s, but Thornhill came up with the apparently most likely theory, that Saturn was a brown dwarf star that was initially outside the Solar System.

http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4932

I think they have a point in that Saturn was definitely referred to as the sun or the first sun in different cultures across the world. And the myths about Venus and Mars coming close to the Earth seem to have some foundation in fact.

But it seems like they are going off the deep end by suggesting that Earth was Saturn's moon, and that Saturn used to be a brown dwarf that was captured by the solar system.

The Electric Universe theory makes a lot of sense, so I am surprised that this Saturn Theory "is accepted by most or all of the Thunderbolts team", as they state themselves.

Then, there's also the fact that Saturn and the other planet names were originally referring to comets, and were later changed by the Greeks to names of planets. Have you read Laura's Comets and the Horns of Moses?

Well, that doesn't explain the Native American myths about different suns:

The testimony from ancient myth and folklore is adamant that the respective planets once moved on radically different orbits and rained catastrophe from the skies, even if that message has been overlooked and "ostrachized"(3) by virtually everyone. Thus, numerous cultures tell of the time when different suns ruled the heavens. This belief was especially common in the New World: "The idea that the sun was not eternal was shared by other American Indian tribes so widely that we consider it must have been part of their belief long before any high culture had arisen in the Americas."(4)

The Popol Vuh, lauded as the "Mayan Bible," attests to the same idea. There a previous sun god is described as follows:

"Like a man was the sun when it showed itself…It showed itself when it was born and remained fixed in the sky like a mirror. Certainly it was not the same sun which we see, it is said in their old tales."(5)

Equally widespread are traditions which report that a dragon-like monster once eclipsed the sun and brought the world to the brink of destruction. Countless cultures preserve memory of the terrifying time when Venus assumed a serpentine form(6), or when a spectacular conjunction of planets dominated the celestial landscape.(7) Such traditions can be documented from one culture to another and, upon systematic analysis, reveal numerous analogous structural details, a telltale sign that they were inspired by common experience of spectacular celestial events rather than creative imagination and fantasy.

_http://www.maverickscience.com/saturn.htm

I know that some native American traditions say that we recently entered the "sixth sun" period. They think it means some sort of change in the energy of the sun. Though I doubt that Talbott and his team would misinterpret that - because then it would be six different suns and not just two.

If there were multiple suns in the sky at one time, they should be known throughout the whole world and not just the Americas, I should think. We would see similar adaptations of life to multiple circadian rhythms as well, but we don't. Plus, Saturn being a previous sun contradicts all we know about astronomy and cosmology, even incorporating the electrical universe theory. There would have to be something drastically different in the physics of the cosmos at one time, which is pretty hard to verify. Those are a lot of assumptions to take on based on a handful of myths which may or may not be correctly understood. Just my two cents.

The point I was trying to make is that those accounts of the "the respective planets once moved on radically different orbits and rained catastrophe from the skies" and "Equally widespread are traditions which report that a dragon-like monster once eclipsed the sun and brought the world to the brink of destruction. Countless cultures preserve memory of the terrifying time when Venus assumed a serpentine form(6), or when a spectacular conjunction of planets dominated the celestial landscape" were quite probably referring to comets and not planets (they were called by what later became planet names in many cultures, e.g. Jupiter, Saturn, etc.). And it is known that serpent and dragon references were widely used to describe comets.

axj said:
Given how much system 2 narration going on in all facets of our past/current myths, religion, science, assuming old texts as authority for literal translation is tricky.
For example Velikovsky thought venus came out of jupitor infact it came from that direction ( as per C's). If we think Velikovsky translated correctly , then we have to assume that who ever wrote the texts doesn't know about the comet cluster and cycles can happen.

As per C's Atlantian's has interplanetary travel capabilities just like our current day car travel ( of course we don't know when, how long they have capability), so atlanteans must have known about these cometary clusters etc. but the Native americans who happens to be remnant descendants (after plenatary flooding) have that understanding ?. Probably not. Even if they have that understanding, how long it lasted is doubtful.

For example
Q: (L) I am going to give a list of planets written about in the Sumerian texts which Dr. Sitchen has interpreted. I would like for you to give me the true translation of these names. What was
meant by : Mummu: Comet cluster. Lahamu: Venus Lahmu: Earth The Hammered Bracelet: Comet trail of Venus and cluster. Anshar: Jupiter. Anu: Moon. E
A: Sun. Gag
A: Saturn. Marduk: Mars. Tiamat: Sirius.

It looks to me ancients ( less than 10,000 years old ) mixed up things. I don't know to the question does earth saturn's satellite Long time back ?. If so, how long back ?. I don't know.

whitecoast said:
If there were multiple suns in the sky at one time, they should be known throughout the whole world and not just the Americas, I should think.

That is just what the article said: "numerous cultures tell of the time when different suns ruled the heavens". It is not just the Americas.

whitecoast said:
We would see similar adaptations of life to multiple circadian rhythms as well, but we don't.

I think that is an assumption. Those rhythms may adapt fairly quickly, or not.

whitecoast said:
Plus, Saturn being a previous sun contradicts all we know about astronomy and cosmology, even incorporating the electrical universe theory.

In fact, it is the Electrical Universe people who claim it. And most of them seem to agree with the Saturn as first sun theory.

whitecoast said:
There would have to be something drastically different in the physics of the cosmos at one time, which is pretty hard to verify. Those are a lot of assumptions to take on based on a handful of myths which may or may not be correctly understood. Just my two cents.

There doesn't need to be anything drastically different in physics, if you incorporate the Electric Universe theory.

But I agree that myths are open towards misinterpretations, even when completely different cultures have similar myths.

axj said:

The testimony from ancient myth and folklore is adamant that the respective planets once moved on radically different orbits and rained catastrophe from the skies,

Indeed it does when you understand that this ancient giant comet, Saturn, was literally as bright as the sun. And it began to break up, as comets do, and produced additional suns.

Have a look at the texts I've been reproducing in the History section about portents in ancient Rome and notice how many times a second sun or several suns, or several suns and moons, were mentioned thus far.

hey guys is there a saturn retrograde? what are the affects emotionally, physically and spiritually when this occurs? how long does it occur? does it usually occur with comets elclipses solar flares etc or are those the affects?

Re: saturn retrograde

LIV said:
hey guys is there a saturn retrograde? what are the affects emotionally, physically and spiritually when this occurs? how long does it occur? does it usually occur with comets elclipses solar flares etc or are those the affects?

It can have many effects. It seems you are asking this from a subjective point of view. Is this correct? Subjectively, much depends upon the rest of the planets and their relation to Saturn, as well as how this relates to ones individual natal configuration, as well as progressions. Saturn is a symbol of structure, stability, order, discipline, limitation, the skeletal system, etc. Rx, from one point of view, signifies a counterpoint - going in a different direction - in regards to Saturn, this may signify undermined discipline, or perhaps a disagreement with a father figure. There are many ways to interpret this, but in isolation this is not possible. In and of itself, Saturn Rx can have no meaning without taking other factors into account.

The retrograde of any planet occurs when the sun is approaching opposition (from the point of view on Earth of course) --- approximately the time of transiting a sextile on either side of the opposition. (Though this is somewhat different with Venus and Mercury - the orbits inside of the Earth's orbit.) This time varies depending on the planet, but it would be approximately 4ish months, give or take a week or two.

I have not looked into a correlation with comets or flares, though there would certainly be a pattern involved with eclipses over long periods of time.

Hope this helps.

Kris

LIV said:

Looks like Saturn went retrograde about 18 of March:
http://www.findyourfate.com/astrology/ephemeris/2015.html

It goes direct again on the 19th of September.

Keep in mind that it is only an apparent motion.

It is unlikely that it has any effects on a person emotionally, physically, or spiritually. Saturn's apparent retrograde motion has no relationship to comets, eclipses, solar flares, etc. though certainly it's position in relation to other planets might have some relation to the facilitation of current flow in the solar system.

Speaking of Saturn:

http://spaceweather.com/

SATURN'S RINGS SURGE IN BRIGHTNESS: This Friday night, May 22nd, Saturn will be "at opposition"--that is, opposite the sun in the skies of Earth. The ringed planet rises in the east at sunset and soars through the southern sky at midnight, a golden "star" in the constellation Scorpius.

Whenever Saturn is at opposition, its rings surge in brightness. Why? Scroll down for the explanation.

And what a dumb explanation they come up with:

The brightening of Saturn's rings is called the "opposition effect." Saturn's rings are made of frozen chunks ranging in size from dust to houses. Sunlight directly backscattered from those ice particles causes the ring system to shine even more than usual for a few days around opposition. The exact mechanism involves shadow-hiding and possibly coherent backscattering.

Not a clue that such a line up facilitates electrical current flow through the system.

Which makes one wonder if there will be any effects of this on Earth?

Back
Top Bottom