Schizophrenic mexican elections

English:
Published on Apr 3, 2018
On this episode of From Mexico, we talked with the Law Professor John Ackerman, about the upcoming elections in Mexico with an electoral system susceptible to vulnerable manipulation and how Mexicans will assure respect for the popular vote in this critical context.
ah, had read and viewed Ackerman's articles an videos at RTactualidad, it does convince, information of what he provides does match with what is happening at Mexico, although, I'm curious as to what may be your point ...

From what I/we had been learning about Soros and its Open Society Fundation, is that, it manipulates people, ONG's, etc for its purposes ... Ackerman as well as his wife are known to be consultants of Open Society, his spouse Irma Eréndira Sandoval Ballesteros is member of the Morena's party, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador being its mexican presidential candidate, whom is up in the polls and increasing by the way, and many people are freaked out ... but anyways, in this case of Mexico ... I could say, that the mexican system (corruption, impunity, violence, oligarqs, partydocracy, neoliberalism, globalism) had unleashed the monster ... the idea that AMLO would revert that, "Together we will make history" it's motto, what would be Soro's pupose?

Personally, I do not believe AMLO would change drastically things here, although sometimes I would want to ... sorry for the comparision, but looks so similar to Trump in this case.

ah, had read and viewed Ackerman's articles an videos at RTactualidad, it does convince, information of what he provides does match with what is happening at Mexico, although, I'm curious as to what may be your point ...

To be honest I am an outsider looking in.

Over the years that I have visited Mexico, I've always made it a point to go where the locals hung out to better understated the struggle.

Though admittedly I do have a limited vocabulary of the Spanish language, I just made observations of there ability to do so much with so very little.

It was and still is a very humbling experience to see a culture maintain some form of normalcy in a country that has so much to offer, (riddled with crime and corruption) with so few able to get a good head start. But they do, against the odds.

The wealthy gringos (Canadian and Americans), flourish within the poverty living like kings. Given the the devaluation of peso's dollars against all other currencies.

Though also some expatriate's are considerate, pay well, and respect there efforts (with total cooperation and consideration) as an equal. With fairness and respect.

So, I just keep and eye on the situation and maybe, I can learn something from this thread and other post concerning La bella cultura Mexicana.

To be honest I am an outsider looking in.

Over the years that I have visited Mexico, I've always made it a point to go where the locals hung out to better understated the struggle.

Though admittedly I do have a limited vocabulary of the Spanish language, I just made observations of there ability to do so much with so very little.

It was and still is a very humbling experience to see a in a country that has so much to offer, (riddled with crime and corruption) with so few able to get a good head start. But they do, against the odds.

The wealthy gringos (Canadian and Americans), flourish within the poverty living like kings. Given the the devaluation of peso's dollars against all other currencies.

Though also some expatriate's are considerate, pay well, and respect there efforts (with total cooperation and consideration) as an equal. With fairness and respect.

So, I just keep and eye on the situation and maybe, I can learn something from this thread and other post concerning La bella cultura Mexicana.
I had found myself learning about my own country/people as well ... "La bella cultura Mexicana" ... suddenly, it made me sad and melancholic that phrase :cry:... I supposed, that almost very time I come to post something is related to the opposite - injustice, impunity, corruption, violence ...

Thanks for answering back! thank you for your interest in our culture.

fwiw...my curiosity was in another line of thought (Ackerman-Open Society-MOrena) I thought that, maybe I was missing something within the video, saw it a couple of times ... every mind is a world :)

Reactions: Ca.
I had found myself learning about my own country/people as well ... "La bella cultura Mexicana" ... suddenly, it made me sad and melancholic that phrase :cry:... I supposed, that almost very time I come to post something is related to the opposite - injustice, impunity, corruption, violence ...

Thanks for answering back! thank you for your interest in our culture.

fwiw...my curiosity was in another line of thought (Ackerman-Open Society-MOrena) I thought that, maybe I was missing something within the video, saw it a couple of times ... every mind is a world :)

As life would have it (within this incantation) am labelled as Mexican American or slang by those that fear us as Chicano.

I am also mixed with an Irish blood line and a very minute generic trace of French ancestry.

Also a few other genetic traces that are obscured. As well as (like Laura said) some African blood.

And lastly also Interrelated (and registered) with an American Indian tribe out of ElPaso T X.

So what's my point. I Just prefer to be called a human being, and all that it entails and its responsibility's.

Perhaps like yourself. :-)

Court adds 5th candidate to Mexico's presidential ballot
By The Associated Press
MEXICO CITY — Apr 10, 2018
Mexico's top electoral court ordered Tuesday that a fifth candidate be added to the presidential ballot, setting off a controversy less than three months before the July 1 national elections.

Jaime "El Bronco" Rodriguez, an independent candidate often seen astride a horse in the northern state of Nuevo Leon, was kept off the ballot last month by the electoral institute for not collecting enough legitimate signatures. He argued that the institute did not allow him a timely review and challenge for all of the rejected names.

The court ruled early Tuesday in a 4-3 vote that Rodriguez was not given a sufficient opportunity to contest signatures. It said he should be added to the ballot immediately since the official campaign period began nearly two weeks ago.

The decision was criticized by opponents and pundits for undermining the authority of the electoral institute and for placing a candidate on the ballot who the electoral institute had said provided fraudulent signatures.

Independent candidates were required to gather signatures from 866,000 people, or 1 percent of the electorate on a national level, from 17 of Mexico's 31 states, plus the capital district.

In a statement, the court said Rodriguez successfully challenged nearly 63,000 signatures that had been rejected by the electoral institute and was only about 16,000 names short, which could be found upon further review.

Rodriguez is the second independent candidate in the race, joining Margarita Zavala, a lawyer and former lawmaker and first lady. He won the governorship of Nuevo Leon as an independent in 2015.

In an interview with ForoTV, Rodriguez said the criticism of the court's decision illustrates the political establishment's fear of his candidacy. Rather than attack him, he said, they should be trying to win voters' support.

Rodriguez said he wants to end the dominance of Mexico's national political parties, so "they're not going to speak well of me."

Zavala, in an interview with Radio Formula, said she disagreed with the court's decision and worried that applying the rules differently to some candidates would generate uncertainty in the electoral process. She forged her own independent candidacy after splitting from the National Action Party, which carried her husband, Felipe Calderon, to the presidency in 2006.

Leftist Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador of the Morena party remains the election front-runner.

It is not clear whch candidate is most likely to lose votes to Rodriguez.

Published on Apr 12, 2018
Jaime Rodríguez El Bronco

Borderland Beat: In narco mantas, leader of Los Rojos advises of " rivers of money" for the Anaya campaign
Tuesday, April 10, 2018
In narco mantas located this morning in distinct point of the Morelos capital, Santiago Mazari Hernandez, leader of the criminal group Los Rojos, denounced the "rivers of money" destined for the campaign of Ricardo Anaya and accused Rodrigo Gayosso Cepeda, candidate for the PRD of the state government, of filtering information to effect this.

29872939-703129890032079-7690973046761101903-o-c-1078x800.jpg

Reporter: Jaime Luis Brito
"Senor President you want to know the truth about how things are in Morelos, ask your allies Graco and Galloso about the rivers of money for the campaign of Ricardo Anaya and Victor Caballero Solorzano, already they are trying to avoid the inevitable political judgment and avoid prison, they are desperate because they will soon be imprisoned," reads one of the messages written on the narco mantas and signed El Senor de Los Caballos, another of the nicknames of Mazari Hernandez, El Carrete.

Also written was " Rodrigo Galloso and I know that you leaked information about the support I gave to the Municipal Presidents because they have been angry with my family, arresting my sister and my people."

In one more he denounced the brothers Julio and Roberto Yanez Moreno, leaders of the Social Democratic Party; " I know they prefer to kill me than to stop me for fear of telling you all of the information I have against them. Let Julio and Roberto Yanez say that when they arrested their brother in law in Australia with ten kilos of cocaine, they did not pay me and do not want democracy in Morelos, they are not fit to continue to govern this state that we have harmed so much, that I will not support, I will put you in jail because we will see each other even though I know its better for them to kill me because I have information that will take them to prison."

Finally, Mazari Hernandez or Mazari Miranda threatened in another message, the authorities in general; " continue messing with my family with their time running out, they will have little left when they go to prison and see what revenge is the sons of bitches, ATTE El Senor de Los Caballos."

In 2015, after the intermediate election, alleged sicarios of El Carrete threatened and subjected the mayor of Mazatepec, Jorge Toledo, who was forced to hand over resources and positions in the government.

A week ago, the newspaper Reforma published information accusing more than a dozen municipal presidents of giving protection to criminal groups. In response, the authorities of Morelos

Meanwhile: Monday, April 9, 2018
No lives Taken or Blood spilled
Borderland Beat: Gun battle between Ministerials and armed civilians in Miguel Aleman (video)
A gun battle broke out last Friday in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon between Ministerials and armed civilians. The video was shot from inside a cafe by a civilian who had time to drink his coffee during the shoot out. I guess it was just another day for him.

Last edited:
Court adds 5th candidate to Mexico's presidential ballot

...The decision was criticized by opponents and pundits for undermining the authority of the electoral institute and for placing a candidate on the ballot who the electoral institute had said provided fraudulent signatures. ...
Of course the decision was criticzed by everyone, 3 of 4 independent presidential candidades presented fraudulent signatures, Bronco, Zavala and Rios Peter, Mary Chuy did not, although she could not reach the cuota María de Jesús Patricio Martínez - Wikipedia (for presidency, around 850,000 signatures) and such signatures are not by mail or name, nop!! it was needed to scan the INE credential into the system, with its failures according to the participantes.
http://www.elfinanciero.com.mx/naci...irmas-falsas-de-zavala-el-bronco-y-rios-piter

"Controversial" is just a term used for allowing cheating, the never ending cheating in the -unfortunately- mexican culture. :mad: and of curse and or mostly mexican political dimension

'We are watching you': Political killings shake Mexico election
Posted by DD Republished from Reuters Thursday, April 19, 2018
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2018/04/we-are-watching-you-political-killings.html
CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico (Reuters) - Magda Rubio had just launched her campaign for mayor of a small city in northern Mexico, when a chilling voice came through her cell phone. “Drop out,” the caller warned, “or be killed.”

candidate%2Brubio.jpg

File Photo Guachochi mayor candidate Magda Rubio speaks during an interview with Reuters in Ciudad Juarez , Mexico, March 31. Reuters/Jose Luis Gonzales

It was the first of four death threats Rubio said she has received since January from the same well-spoken, anonymous man. She has stayed in the race in Guachochi, located in a mountainous region of Chihuahua state that is a key route for heroin trafficking. But two armed body guards now follow her round the clock.

“At 2 a.m., you start to get scared, and you say, ‘something bad is going on here’,” she said.

An explosion of political assassinations in Mexico has cast a pall over nationwide elections slated for July 1, when voters will choose their next president and fill a slew of down-ballot posts.

At least 82 candidates and office holders have been killed since the electoral season kicked off in September, making this the bloodiest presidential race in recent history, according to a tally by Etellekt, a security consultancy based in Mexico City, and Reuters research.

mayorandrado.jpg

Mayor Juan Carlos Andrade running for re-election.
Four were slain in the past week alone. They include Juan Carlos Andrade Magana, who was running for re-election as mayor of the hamlet of Jilotlan de los Dolores, located in Mexico’s western Jalisco state. His bullet-ridden body was discovered Sunday morning inside his Toyota Prius on the edge of town; Andrade had just attended a funeral. State prosecutors are investigating, but have made no arrests.

The victims hail from a variety of political parties, large and small, and most were running for local offices far removed from the national spotlight. The vast majority were shot. Most cases remain unsolved, the killers’ motives unclear.

But security experts suspect drug gangs are driving much of the bloodshed. With a record of about 3,400 mostly local offices up for grabs in July, Mexico’s warring cartels appear to be jostling for influence in city halls nationwide, according to Vicente Sanchez, a professor of public administration at the Colegio de la Frontera Norte in Tijuana.

He said crime bosses are looking to install friendly lawmakers, eliminate those of rivals and scare off would-be reformers who might be bad for business. Local governments are a lucrative source of contracts and kickbacks, while their police forces can be pressed into service of the cartels.

“Criminal gangs want to be sure that in the next government, they can maintain their power networks, which is why they are increasing attacks,” Sanchez said.

Electoral authorities have warned that the bloodshed could affect voter turnout in some areas. The killing spree has stunned even veteran observers who see it as an assault on Mexico’s democracy and the rule of law.

“State and local authorities are outgunned and outmaneuvered and the federal forces cannot be everywhere,” said Duncan Wood, director of the Mexico Institute at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars in Washington. “There is an urgent need...to provide greater protection and insulation against organized crime.”

Mexico’s leaders are now scrambling to mount a response. Federal and state governments are providing candidates with bodyguards and, in some cases, bullet-proof vehicles. But the measures have proved largely ineffective as the death toll continue to rise.

FRAGILE TRUCES
Seeds of the current mayhem were planted more than a decade ago when the Mexican government, backed by the United States, set out to topple the heads of Mexico’s leading drug cartels.

The strategy succeeded in taking down kingpins such as Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, the longtime boss of the notorious Sinaloa Cartel, who now sits in a New York prison awaiting trial.

But the crackdown splintered established crime syndicates into dozens of competing gangs. Newcomers ratcheted up the savagery to intimidate rivals as well as police and public servants who might stand in their way.

A gang member from the state of Jalisco, who spoke to Reuters on condition of anonymity, explained how his cartel makes sure local officials tip them off to law enforcement actions.

“If they don’t, there will be friction” he said, a polite euphemism for a bullet.

Pre-election violence has hit particularly hard in the southwestern Mexican state of Guerrero, where at least eight candidates for local office have been slain in the past six months. Cartels with names like Los Ardillos (The Squirrels) and Los Tequileros (The Tequila Drinkers) are fighting there over extortion rackets and control of heroin and cocaine smuggling.

Catholic Bishop Salvador Rangel visited the city of Chilapa in early April to forge an election-season truce between warring factions to stop the killing.

It did not last. Within days, Chilapa’s police chief, Abdon Castrejon Legideno, was shot dead while on patrol. A Guerrero state spokesman said in a statement that authorities arrested a suspect found carrying a 9mm firearm near the scene.

The rising body count has been a millstone for the ruling Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI) and its deeply unpopular standard bearer, President Enrique Pena Nieto. Mexico’s leader has said little publicly about the spate of political killings.

The party is expected to fare poorly in the July vote. Pena Nieto is barred from a second term by Mexico’s constitution. The PRI’s candidate to replace him as president, Jose Antonio Meade, is polling well behind the front-runners.

Security ranks among voters’ biggest worries. Mexico posted a record of nearly 29,000 homicides last year, attributed mainly to organized crime and fallout from the drug war.

‘COYOTE LOOKING AFTER THE CHICKEN’

Some political candidates contacted by Reuters declined to comment or be identified out of fear of reprisals.

But in Chihuahua state, mayoral hopeful Rubio is speaking out about the death threats against her, hoping publicity will spur law enforcement to crack her case and deter any would-be attackers.

Rubio, 42, traveled to meet Reuters in the state’s biggest city, Ciudad Juarez, across the U.S. border from El Paso. Her husband and their four children accompanied her, but she requested that no information about them be revealed out of concern for their safety.

A lawyer and human rights activist, Rubio says she is running as an independent to prod government to do more for the region’s impoverished Raramuri indigenous people. She suspects whoever threatened her is not interested in change.

Her small town of Guachochi sits in the heart of the so-called Golden Triangle crisscrossing the states of Chihuahua, Sinaloa and Durango, a region flush with leafy marijuana farms and fields dotted with pink and red opium poppies.

Rubio said she has suffered panic attacks since the anonymous caller began his warnings.

“They said, ‘we are watching you. It’s time for you to go’,” Rubio said.

Two local cops now shadow her, but Rubio said she is not resting easy. Cartels have a knack for infiltrating security details like a “coyote looking after the chicken,” she said.

Despite the risks, she said she wants to show her children and other women that Mexico’s institutions can work.

“I cannot quit,” Rubio said. “I’m here because I want a change in my country.”

Reporting by Lizbeth Diaz in Ciudad Juarez; Additional reporting by Uriel Sanchez in Acapulco; Writing by Daina Beth Solomon; Editing by Frank Jack Daniel and Marla Dickerson

Mexico leftist opens up 22-point lead in presidency race: poll
April 18, 2018 / 12:43 PM / 3 days ago
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-election/mexico-leftist-opens-up-22-point-lead-in-presidency-race-poll- idUSKBN1HP1BA
Miguel Gutierrez 4 Min Read
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexican leftist Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador has widened his lead in the race to win the July 1 presidential election, opening up a gap of 22 percentage points, a poll by Reforma showed on Wednesday.

The April 12-15 voter poll showed Lopez Obrador winning 48 percent, a jump of six points from a February survey by Reforma. His nearest rival, Ricardo Anaya, who heads a right-left coalition, dropped by six points to 26 percent.

Running third was Jose Antonio Meade, candidate of the ruling Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI), whose backing remained steady at 18 percent, the poll showed.

The figures for the three stripped out the 19 percent of respondents who expressed no preference. The poll surveyed 1,200 voters and had a margin of error of 3.7 percentage points.

A separate survey by polling firm Mitofsky published late on Wednesday also showed Lopez Obrador pulling further ahead.

In that poll, Lopez Obrador garnered 31.9 percent support, up from 29.5 percent in a Mitofsky survey last month. Anaya trailed in second with 20.8 percent and Meade polled at 16.9 percent.

Lopez Obrador, a 64-year-old former mayor of Mexico City, has capitalized on widespread disenchantment with the PRI over political corruption, rising levels of violence and sluggish economic growth to consolidate his lead in recent weeks.

He says Mexico should reduce its economic dependence on foreign powers, and has vowed to put U.S. President Donald Trump “in his place” if he wins.

Trump’s barbs against Mexican immigrants and complaints that Mexico has taken advantage of the United States over trade have made him very unpopular south of the border, and a Lopez Obrador presidency could usher in a testier bilateral relationship.

Support for Anaya, a former leader of the center-right National Action Party (PAN), has slipped since he came under attack from rivals over allegations of financial impropriety in a property deal in his home state of Queretaro.

Anaya, 39, has denied any wrongdoing.

Runner-up in the last two presidential contests, Lopez Obrador has promised an “austere” budget, to be achieved by battling corruption and cutting government waste.

He has threatened to undo the centerpiece of President Enrique Pena Nieto’s economic agenda, the opening of the oil and gas industry to private investment. However, several top advisers say Lopez Obrador is unlikely to make major changes.

Lopez Obrador has raised doubts over the future of Mexico City’s $13 billion new airport, now well under construction. Arguing it is too expensive and tainted by corruption, he is threatening to scrap the hub for a cheaper alternative. That has put him at loggerheads with Mexico’s richest man Carlos Slim, who has a major stake in the project.

The Reforma survey also showed Lopez Obrador comfortably beating his two main rivals in direct head-to-head contests. Facing Anaya, he wins by a margin of 51 percent to 31 percent, and against the 49-year-old Meade, by 57 percent to 22 percent.

Lopez Obrador’s party, the National Regeneration Movement (MORENA), is poised to become the largest in Congress, four years after it was formally registered, the Reforma poll showed.

No party has held an outright majority since 1997 and it was not clear MORENA would do so either under the mix of direct election and proportional representation Mexico uses.

MORENA was projected to win 37 percent of support in voting for the lower house of Congress, the PAN 21 percent and the PRI 17 percent, the Reforma survey showed.

The leftist Labor Party (PT), which is allied to MORENA, had 5 percent of support. Another MORENA ally, the socially conservative Social Encounter Party, polled 1 percent, below the 3 percent threshold needed to enter Cong

Marca muerte de Marcelo ola de violencia 2006-2016
Video:/ 13:58 Ven regreso a años violentos via @reforma.. http://tinyurl.com/yb6pbtkh
La similitud entre las historias de la mayoría de las víctimas es la impunidad, pero el temor es que los secuestros y masacres persistan en NL Familias enteras han sido marcadas por la barbarie y la impunidad, ¿habrá para ellos espacio para celebrar en estas fiestas

FRONTERA.INFO.
Por: EDUARDO LÓPEZ | 24/04/2018 6:25

MEXICO CITY
The last members of a caravan of Central American migrants protested yesterday in Hermosillo and returned to be the subject of furious tweets from President Donald Trump.

"Mexico, whose immigration laws are very strict, must prevent these people from going through Mexico to reach the United States, we could make this a condition of the new Tlcan," he tweeted.

The Secretary of Homeland Security, Kirstjen Nielsen, said that "DHS continues to monitor the last individuals of the caravan who are heading to our southern border with the apparent intention of illegally entering the United States."

"If the members of the 'caravan' enter illegally, they will be remitted ...", he said.

HERMOSILLO CITY, SONORA

The tweets that President Donald Trump wrote yesterday morning lit the members of the Migrant Caravan in Hermosillo, who marched in defense of their international rights.

With their hands joined as a sign of strength, after marching and shouting slogans where they heard phrases like "Stop Donald Trump and his politics of fear" and "Migrants are not criminals, we are international workers", said they would continue their journey .

FRONTERA.INFO.
Por: EDUARDO LÓPEZ | 24/04/2018 6:25

MEXICO CITY
The last members of a caravan of Central American migrants protested yesterday in Hermosillo and returned to be the subject of furious tweets from President Donald Trump.

"Mexico, whose immigration laws are very strict, must prevent these people from going through Mexico to reach the United States, we could make this a condition of the new Tlcan," he tweeted.

The Secretary of Homeland Security, Kirstjen Nielsen, said that "DHS continues to monitor the last individuals of the caravan who are heading to our southern border with the apparent intention of illegally entering the United States."

"If the members of the 'caravan' enter illegally, they will be remitted ...", he said.

HERMOSILLO CITY, SONORA

The tweets that President Donald Trump wrote yesterday morning lit the members of the Migrant Caravan in Hermosillo, who marched in defense of their international rights.

With their hands joined as a sign of strength, after marching and shouting slogans where they heard phrases like "Stop Donald Trump and his politics of fear" and "Migrants are not criminals, we are international workers", said they would continue their journey .

This latest development (with the help of Mexico's criminal bureaucrats), causes the needed deviation from what is really going on behind the curtain. PS: I be no fan of America's Gestapo, DHS .

Reports: 'Caravan Migrants' Waiting to Cross Mexico-California Border
24 Apr 2018
Several reports indicate that the fragments of the “migrant caravan” are now arriving south of the U.S. border with Mexico. Border Patrol officials in California and Arizona said they have not seen any illegal border crossings between ports of entry this week.

Over the weekend, about 600 migrants arrived via train in the northern Mexican city of Hermosillo, the Associated Press reported on Tuesday. The group plans to continue to Tijuana in the next few days.

Late last week, about 50 migrants from Central America arrived in Tijuana, Reuters reported. “Since peaking at around 1,500 people, the so-called migrant ‘caravan’ has dwindled under pressure from Trump and Mexican migration authorities, who vowed to separate those migrants with a right to stay in Mexico from those who did not,” Reuters states. Juventud 2000 director Jose Maria Garcia told the wire service that some crossed the border and requested asylum. He said more are expected in Tijuana in the coming days.

Border Patrol officials in the San Diego, Yuma, and Tucson Sectors told Breitbart Texas on Tuesday they have seen no illegal crossings in recent days by anyone from the “caravan.” El Centro Sector has not yet responded to an inquiry.

On April 11, Breitbart Texas reported that an MS-13 member joined up with a “caravan” splinter and crossed the border in the Yuma Sector.

“We questioned the members of the group and confirmed they are part of the caravan of Central American’s who are reported to be traveling to the U.S.,” Border Patrol spokesman Justin Kallinger told Breitbart Texas.

Kallinger said the MS-13 member did not claim to have started out with the original “caravan” but joined in a stash house in Mexico before crossing.

Officials identified the Salvadoran as 18-year-old Herberth Geovani Argueta-Chavez. He was “trying to separate from the gang,” Border Patrol officials stated.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection Officials have not responded to an inquiry as to whether they received any asylum requests from “caravan migrants” crossing from Tijuana in recent days.

President Donald Trump called on Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to not let the asylum seekers into the U.S.

The president then tweeted a message to Mexican officials urging them to stop people from navigating freely through their country to the U.S. He threatened to make this a condition of a new NAFTA agreement.

DHS Secretary Kirstjen M. Nielsen said her department would “fast track any caravan asylum cases”:
DHS continues to monitor the remnants of the ‘caravan’ of individuals headed to our Southern border with the apparent intention of entering the United States illegally. A sovereign nation that cannot – or worse, chooses not – to defend its borders will soon cease to be a sovereign nation. The Trump Administration is committed to enforcing our immigration laws – whether persons are part of this ‘caravan’ or not.
If members of the ‘caravan’ enter the country illegally, they will be referred for prosecution for illegal entry in accordance with existing law. For those seeking asylum, all individuals may be detained while their claims are adjudicated efficiently and expeditiously, and those found not to have a claim will be promptly removed from the United States.
This year’s caravan grew to much larger numbers than previous years, VOA News reported. The current group reached about 1,200 participants–an increase of about 1,000 over last year.

In response to the caravan and recent spikes in illegal border crossings into the U.S., President Trump ordered the deployment of up to 4,o00 National Guard troops to help secure the border.

The governors of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California all responded by activating troops in their respective states.

Bob Price serves as associate editor and senior political news contributor for Breitbart Texas. He is a founding member of the Breitbart Texas team.

Meanwhile the flow of hardcore gangbanger's and drugs are being apprehended:

Laredo Sector Border Patrol Agents Rescue 59 Illegal Aliens in a Tractor-Trailer
April 24, 2018
CBP Officers Seize More Than $638K in Cocaine at the Laredo Port of Entry
April 24, 2018
Convicted Kidnapper Arrested by USBP Agents
April 24, 2018
Agents Arrest Sureño Gang Member in SE Arizona
April 24, 2018
Nogales CBP Officers Seize $291K in Hard Drugs
April 23, 2018
CBP Officers at the Pharr Port of Entry Seize Cocaine Valued at Over $347K
April 23, 2018
MS-13 Gang Member Imbedded in Group of Surrendering Migrants
April 23, 2018
Laredo Sector Border Patrol Agents Seize Over 500 Pounds of Marijuana
April 21, 2018
Laredo Sector Border Patrol Agents Seize Over $3.1 Million Dollars in Narcotics
Saturday, April 21, 2018
Laredo Sector Border Patrol Agents Assist in the Rescue of 56 Illegal Aliens in a Stash House
Saturday, April 21, 2018
CBP Officers Seize More Than $1.2 Million in Methamphetamine at the Del Rio Port of Entry
Friday, April 20, 2018
Eagle Pass Border Patrol Agents Seize Nearly $900K Worth of Cocaine
Friday, April 20, 2018
Multi-Agency Team Bags Heroin, Marijuana, 3 Arrests during Port of Wilmington Compliance Examination
Friday, April 20, 2018
AMO, Coast Guard Stop Go-Fast with 1084 pounds of Cocaine and 19 pounds of Heroin in-Route to Southern Puerto Rico
Friday, April 20, 2018
TOPD, Border Patrol, Arrest Drug Smuggler Using Horses
Thursday, April 19, 2018
Operation Stonegarden Seizes more than $90K in Narcotics
Thursday, April 19, 2018

gilroy%20homicide%20suspect_1512709539967_9603989_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

UPDATE: Suspect identified for Gilroy homicide
According to police, a warrant has been issued for 20-year-old Jay Robert Vasquez.
Vasquez should be considered armed and dangerous.
The victim has been identified as 32-year-old Jason Contreras of Gilroy.
The murder is being investigated as gang-related
brian%20magdelano%20mug_1524092232292.jpg_11134863_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Man goes to jail with intent to smuggle drugs to inmates
Apr 18, 2018 04:15 PM PDT Man goes to jail with intent to smuggle drugs to inmates
Drug smuggler, Bryan Magdelano was searched and about 3 ounces of marijuana was found.
"The drugs were even labeled with the names of the intended customers," said Monterey County Sheriff's.
Magdelano was charged for possession of a controlled substance, bringing a controlled substance into the jail and a gang enhancement

images

‘I think the drugs were causing his hallucinations.’ New details from alleged cop killer’s wife.
Shooting rampage unfolds across Sacramento region
Oct. 24, 2014. Bracamontes, a Mexican citizen who had repeatedly entered the United States illegally over the years

Placerville man allegedly threw 2 pounds of meth out his window as he was pulled over
Placerville man (25-year-old Anthony Ruiz), allegedly threw 2 pounds of meth out his window as he was pulled over
April 24, 2018 06:58 PM
http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/i4rzsl/picture209763629/alternates/LANDSCAPE_1140/edc drugs.jpeg

California man arrested for bringing ‘assault rifle, large capacity magazines’ from Nevada
The man, Virgilio Salazar, 50, of Antioch, April 6, 2018
http://www.cocosheriff.org/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?blobid=22886
Feb 8, 2018 2 arrested in shooting, kidnapping case
UPDATE: 2 arrested in shooting, kidnapping case
https://mediaassets.ktnv.com/photo/...884a09e0b71c862d3_77351319_ver1.0_640_480.jpg
Attempted kidnappings 2018 Sankcity's

Search | The Sacramento Bee

Bush-appointed federal judge rules Trump's DACA rescission was 'unlawful and must be set aside'
April 25, 2018

Snip: Video
A George W. Bush-appointed
federal judge on Tuesday ruled that President Trump's decision to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, known as DACA, "was unlawful and must be set aside."
U.S. District Judge John D. Bates in Washington became the third judge to rule against the White House's plans to end the program.

Judges William Alsup and Nicholas Garaufis, both Clinton appointees, had each issued injunctions earlier this year preventing the administration from terminating DACA based on its stated rationale that the Obama-era program was an illegal executive overreach.

Edit add:
What laugh Teenager WAJ

Last edited:
The first debate with all five candidates was on Sunday 20th, supposdely about Security, Corruption, Democracy adn Plurarity but in short it was about 4 vs 1, the font runner AMLO... Lately, it seems that, since it cannot be stop so easily there might be a "sharp" turn, although authorities for the time being are denying ...
https://actualidad.rt.com/actualidad/269571-secuelas-debate-mexico-voto-ira-miedo said:
--using google traductor--
The political scene in Mexico: between the vote of anger or the vote of fear
Posted: Apr 25 2018 22:23 GMT

Political scientists Benjamín Arditi and José Antonio Crespo speak exclusively for RT about how things move after the first presidential debate that outlines a possible alliance between PRI and PAN.

The first presidential debate in Mexico exacerbated the spirits of the Mexicans and begins to shape a different electoral scenario for the final stretch of the campaigns, before what will be a fight of two: the leftist Andrés Manuel López Obrador against center right Ricardo Anaya.

This is one of the first observations of experts consulted by RT to explore how the political board is in Mexico a little more than two months before the presidential election.

A scenario in which you begin to draw a possible alliance between the right parties, the ruling PRI together with the PAN-PRD-MC front, in order to stop the candidate of the center-left alliance Morena-PES-PT, led by López Obrador.

This, after the fall of the candidate of the ruling PRI, José Antonio Meade , whose electoral campaign remains stagnant in the third place of voting preferences.

An election that will be defined between the vote of anger or the vote of fear, according to the opinion of analysts.

Ricardo Anaya, presidential candidate of the PAN-PRD-MC coalition. Mexico, 2018. / Reuters

The possible PRI-PAN alliance to derail AMLO
For Benjamín Arditi, professor of Political Theory at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), one of the consequences left by the debate is to open the possibility of a de facto alliance between PAN and PRI to stop López Obrador, after that it seems the collapse of the PRI candidate, José Antonio Meade.

"There is a collapse in Meade's campaign, I do not doubt it, but I do not close the possibility that there could be an agreement between PRI, PAN and PRD, in a kind of informal grand coalition to stop Andrés Manuel," says Arditi.

In this sense, Arditi highlights the way in which the ex-chancellor and current coordinator of the PAN campaign, Jorge Castañeda, "was the first to publicly say that this would not be a bad possibility".

According to a version published by the La Política Online site, two of the main coordinators of Anaya's team, Jorge Castañeda and Santiago Creel, are in talks with the PRI to study the possibility of a 'de facto' alliance, in a negotiation where Ruben Moreira, ex-governor of Coahuila and current secretary of Electoral Action of the tricolor party, also intervenes.

According to what was published by the digital media, "it was tried to add Foreign Minister Luis Videgaray to that communication circuit but he gave up", because "he did not want to see Anaya, who asked him for a meeting last week, for now without success".

This is not the first press release that warns of the increasingly evident negotiations between the PRI and PAN to stop López Obrador, since in recent weeks several journalists like Salvador García Soto and Martha Anaya have warned some movements in this regard .

However, on the left side there have also been atypical winks among some groups, as happened recently in Chiapas, when Subcomandante Galeano (formerly Marcos), of the Zapatista National Liberation Army (EZLN), said that they would support "unconditionally" the decision of the National Indigenous Congress to support some presidential candidate. An unconventional message from the EZLN, which since 2006 has engaged in several discursive confrontations with López Obrador. (minute 18:00)

"That for me is an indication that they have softened their positions in relation to the electoral processes, now they are not against it, I suspect that they will give their EZLN supporters thefreedom to vote conscientiously and most likely vote for Andrés Manuel: There is no way, from my point of view, that they vote for Anaya or any of the others, "says Arditi.

Another point that the doctor of political science at the University of Essex considers striking is the support that supporters of López Obrador maintain despite his poor performance in the first presidential debate. Something that, in his opinion, reflects the "spirit of the era" currently experienced in Mexico, with a strong rejection of the current regime.

"It draws attention because his performance was not particularly good during the debate, there is something that seems to have changed in the electorate," says Arditi.

"The expression they use in Germany is 'Zeitgeist', the spirit of the time, I think that at this moment, the spirit seems to have turned towards the idea that this is inevitable," says Arditi about the arrival of López Obrador at the Presidency of Mexico.

However, he also acknowledges that the desperation of the group that currently holds political power is such that it does not even rule out the possibility of a high-impact political assassination as occurred in the 1994 elections, when the then PRI candidate, Luis Donaldo Colosio, was killed.

"I find them so desperate, to the point that I would not be surprised if something like Colosio happened, that there is a terror that turns into a miscalculation, they are capable of doing that," warns Arditi.

Mexican voting at the polls. / Henry Romero / Reuters

The vote of anger in a fight of two
On the other hand, José Antonio Crespo, researcher of electoral issues by the Center for Economic Research and Teaching, assures that the debate changed the trend before a slight growth of Ricardo Anaya, who puts him in the fight for the Presidency of the Republic.

"Before the debate, the perception was that the election was going to be one and now it opens the possibility that it will be two, that's what changes with the debate, the perception that things can get difficult," Crespo said in an interview.

"If Anaya gives a twist to her campaign, which has been pretty gray so far, and if she has a good performance in the other debates, she can shorten the distance," he added.

Crespo agrees with Arditi that the debate ended by blowing up the candidacy of the official Meade , which will cause the business sector to decide to fully support the candidacy of the Anaya front.

"The businessmen are already clear, and we will see if the PRI also, that Meade is not going to be the one that can compete," he explains.

But unlike Arditi, Crespo believes that the PRI could enter into an alliance with the PAN but also with Morena , Lopez Obrador's party.

"In the PRI-government, we have to see which side they would like to bow to, if on the side of Anaya, with whom they have a frontal war, or with López Obrador, with whom they do not agree on the economic model," he adds.

In this sense, Crespo believes that the election could be debated between the vote of anger and the vote of fear , for and against López Obrador.

This is how he perceives the social environment: "Of much anger, of much satiety, more than in other elections." That favors Lopez Obrador, because there are many people willing to win AMLO as long as the PRI does not win. BREAD".

"But there is also fear, there are many sectors that are afraid of López Obrador for several reasons: economic, political, personality," says Crespo.

"Then it is the vote of fear against the vote of anger, here the problem is that the vote of anger is very big and the vote of fear, anti-López Obrador, it may be 60%, but by fragmenting into four options , they can allow him to win, "he concludes.

Manuel Hernández Borbolla

The font runner is AMLO -many sites refere to Reform's newsweek poll Login Grupo Reforma

I had asked people whom would vote for Anaya if the would do it if he would go with alliance with Meade (PRI), and ... mostly they do not believe it may happend and/or are dumbstruck...

Second debate would be at Tijuana, BC and the moderators would be Leon Krauze and Yuriria Sierra, could not avoid to think about Leon Krauze from the article of Andrés Perezalonso , Yuriria being another TV anchor from Cadena Tres, themes would be foreing trade, border security and transnational crime ... on 20th of May, same hour was a futball game, I think they already change the hour, god forbid people prefere seeing the game ...
https://www.sott.net/article/374391-Russiagate-Circus-Comes-to-Mexico said:
There is a saying in Mexico: if the US catches a cold, Mexico catches the flu. This usually refers to economics, but it's beginning to look like it applies to absurd political narratives too. Mexican news anchor León Krauze, who started his career as a sports journalist and has written four books on the history of Mexican football, has taken upon himself the duty of spreading Ghitis' claims uncritically.

July elections are not a big issue in Mexico’s poorest municipality
https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/july-elections-not-a-big-issue-in-mexicos-poorest-municipality/
In fact, most residents of Santos Reyes Yucuná are unaware that the election process is under way
Saturday, April 28, 2018
Millions of Mexicans will go to the polls on July 1 to vote for a new president, state governors and city mayors among other elected positions, but in the country’s poorest municipality the elections are not getting the same attention as elsewhere in the country.

In fact, most residents of Santos Reyes Yucuná in the Mixteca region of Oaxaca are not even aware that elections are taking place, according to a report by the broadcaster Televisa.

Based on experience from past elections, it won’t be until a week before the vote that the municipal government — which is not up for reelection —informs residents of the opportunity to exercise their democratic right.

“They say they’re going to change the president,” local resident Juan Esteba told Televisa. “The truth is we don’t know. Because we don’t know very well [what is happening] . . . those who do know and understand more or less, they notify us,” he said.

For Mexicans living in most other parts of the country, avoiding any knowledge of the election in the midst of a campaign period during which television, radio and other media are bombarding viewers with political advertising is nigh impossible.

However, in Santos Reyes Yucuná — where the majority of residents live in extreme poverty — it is somewhat easier to remain ignorant, a situation many Mexicans disillusioned with politics might describe as bliss.

Only 21% of homes in the municipality have a radio, 54% have a television, 0.5% have a fixed telephone line and 30% have access to a cell phone. Very few homes are connected to the internet.

The comparatively low connectivity rates undoubtedly play a significant role in the broad unawareness and/or disinterest in the upcoming elections but another likely explanation is that residents have more pressing concerns.

Gaining access to fresh water and scraping together a living are likely at the top of the list.
Only 38% of homes are connected to the water supply, according to data cited by Televisa, while the rest of the population relies on wells, water tanker deliveries or rainwater.

One resident told the broadcaster that when it rains, she strategically places a barrel to catch run-off from her home’s roof so that she can bathe and wash clothes and dishes.

Given the lack of employment opportunities locally, many of the municipality’s 1,700 residents leave their homes every three months to seek an income in other parts of the country, mostly by selling candy, seeds or other snacks.

The only residents who remain in Santos Reyes Yucuná year-round, the mayor explained, are the elderly.

Alberto Martínez Estrada said that most of the towns’ seniors spend their days making hats out of palm leaves but even though a single sombrero takes two days to make, it’s sold for just eight pesos (US $0.40). The mayor described the economic situation as “difficult.”

Yet another factor that impedes more widespread knowledge of the elections is that many residents in Santos Reyes Yucuná are illiterate, while some also have limited Spanish.

The Oaxaca representative of the National Electoral Institute (INE) explained that authorities have made efforts to improve their communications in residents’ native languages but added that a lack of knowledge about the electoral process and the inability to read and write did not preclude civic participation.

“. . . There are also color distinctions [for political parties and] logos that help . . . to orientate people’s participation and make it difficult for them to make a mistake in the decisions they take,” Gerardo García Marroquín said.
Source: Televisa (sp)

19 transgender women among candidates running for mayor in Oaxaca
https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/19-transsexuals-running-for-mayor-in-oaxaca/
Friday, April 27, 2018 .
They are running for office in 12 of the 153 municipalities where elections are being held
Oaxaca /Mex
Political parties are making history in Oaxaca after nominating 19 transgender women as candidates (or their substitutes) for mayor in 12 municipalities.
The For Mexico in Front coalition, an alliance of the National Action (PAN), the Democratic Revolution (PRD) and the Citizens’ Movement (MC) parties, registered the largest number of transgender candidates with seven.

Absent from the list is the left-leaning Morena party and its allies in the Together We’ll Make History coalition, the Labor and Social Encounter parties.

“Transgender women will let the voters know that they are a political option,” said electoral institute president Gustavo Meixueiro Nájera.
The dozen municipalities with transgender candidates are Cosolapa, San Pedro Ixcatlán, San José Chiltepec, Santa María Teopoxco, San Juan Cacahuatepec, Chalcatongo de Hidalgo, Cuilapam de Guerrero, San Atonino Castillo Velasco, Santiago Laollaga, San Juan Bautista lo de Soto, Magdalena Tlacotepec and San Pedro Mixtepec.

There are 9,660 people are running for office in the state this year, with elections being held for 42 seats in the state Congress — for which there are 667 candidates — and for mayors and councilors in 153 municipalities. Candidates at the municipal level total 9,084.

Over half of those — 4,667 — are women.
Voters go to the polls on July 1.
Source: El Gráfico de Oaxaca (sp), Primera Línea (sp), Eje Central (sp)

Meanwhile In California: April 28, 2018
Drivers caught hauling 126 pounds of meth, assorted other drugs, along with Starbucks shipment: Cops

5ae37c43466fd.image.jpg

According to The Olympian, the truck was also transporting products destined for Starbucks locations in Spokane when it was pulled over along Interstate 5 a short distance from Centralia.

High Above Mexico City, a Politician's Promises Hit a Wall
May 2, 2018, 3:00 PM GMT+2 Video 01:52 (Mexico Populist AMLO 'Moderating His Tone,' Rooney Vera Says)
The reason why comes down to that spot high up in the air. Think of it like a doorway that planes must pass through to get the angle, speed and wind lift they need to safely land in the geographically tricky capital city. Lopez Obrador’s plan to add two runways at a military base while keeping the existing commercial airport open would put jets dangerously close to each other as they crisscross the same in-air gateway, experts say.

“This is out of his reach because of physics and aeronautics laws,” said Bernardo Lisker, international aviation director at the Mitre Corp.’s Center for Advanced Aviation System Development, a non-profit research organization based in Virginia that has studied the alternative plan and ruled it not viable. When building an airport, “the number one focus needs to be aeronautics.”

Some other aspects of Lopez Obrador’s plan -- like splitting international flights and domestic flights among the two airports -- could work even though airlines and passengers would hate it, Lisker said. Mitre has worked with every Mexican administration since 1996 to try to find the best alternative to Mexico City’s overcrowded Benito Juarez airport.

Lopez Obrador isn’t backing down. His team has consulted their own experts, said Javier Jimenez, the would-be appointee to run the Transportation Ministry, and “we don’t agree at all that the trajectories would overlap.”

Front-runner

With the July 1 presidential election quickly approaching, work on the new $13 billion airport that began under current President Enrique Pena Nieto is almost a third of the way complete. Lopez Obrador has criticized that project as being a waste of taxpayer money and rife with corruption after Mexico’s federal auditor found “irregularities” amounting to almost 1 billion pesos ($54 million).

A firebrand leftist, Lopez Obrador is known for trying to rewrite the rules. He’s also discussed turning back the clock on a landmark oil-industry overhaul that stripped state producer Pemex of its monopoly. Pemex itself has said an about-face on the oil reform would be a “shame.”

But while Lopez Obrador is making investors and the business community nervous, the rabble-rouser is resonating with voters. The 64-year-old former mayor of Mexico City has widened his lead in polls since November and now holds a lead of almost 20 percentage points over his closest rival, Ricardo Anaya, according to Bloomberg’s Poll Tracker.

"Bursting At The Seams"

Should he win and actually scrap the new airport project, it could reduce passenger traffic by 20 million per year by 2035 and cut future gross domestic product by as much as $20 billion, according to the International Air Transport Association. “The current airport is bursting at the seams,” it said in a statement.

The new hub, being built in a stretch of land the size of Manhattan, will eventually handle as many as 68 million passengers a year. It will replace the existing airport, which would be shut down.

Lopez Obrador recently wrote a letter in a leading Mexican newspaper aimed at easing investor concerns. He vowed not to confiscate assets and while he plans to review airport contracts one by one for signs of corruption, he said investor rights will be respected.

That still doesn’t address the issue of feasibility. Pilot Miguel Angel Valero said that in his experience, there’s no real way to get around using that in-air gateway, which the aviation community has dubbed “San Mateo” because it sits straight above a Mexico City suburb town by the same name. Because Mexico City sits in a high-altitude valley, the surrounding mountains leave little room to vary the approach, said Valero, who is also a former president of Mexico’s School of Aviation Pilots.

“Airports,” he said “have to be built from the air down to the ground.” :shock:
— With assistance by Nacha Cattan

Borderland Beat: Sinaloa Cartel has more planes that Aeramexico
Translated by Otis B Fly-Wheel for Borderland Beat from a Noreste article Thursday, May 3, 2018
Reporter: Infobae
The organization has Cessnas to Boeing 727 and recruits the best pilots
The career of Jorge Gustavo Arevalo-Kessler as a pilot for the private airline of the Sinaloa Cartel ended with his arrest in the City of Mexico and his admission of guilt before a Federal Judge of the United States.

Born in Germany, Arevalo-Kessler obtained his Mexican citizenship and rose to the rank of Captain in the Mexican Air Force, where he worked as an instructor and trained hundreds of pilots, but his post military career was very different.

He received an offer to fly Emirate Airlines and could have retired with a fat pension, but in place of this he went to work for Joaquin El Chapo Guzman, and flew cocaine to and from Venezuela, Panama and Mexico.

"Many privileges came his way thanks to his education and ability to fly planes", said Gray Miller, District Judge, during his sentencing of Arevalo-Kessler. " I want to say that he has flown combat planes, commercial planes, small and large jets. Unfortunately, he said, he was blinded by greed".

Arévalo-Kessler received 11 years in federal prison on conspiracy charges tied to money laundering and had few words in response to the sentence, according to a transcript of the trial in 2011 that was released last year.

The cartel fleet is even comparable with some of the major international airlines.
"And in all those black days I've been thinking and praying and I'm asking the Lord to approach me and speak to me with the truth," Arévalo-Kessler said. "And the only thing I want to let you know, Your Honor, is that I have time to think about what I did. What I did was wrong. "

Arévalo-Kessler was an important pilot in the air operations of the Sinaloa Cartel, which by number of aircraft can compete with the major airlines of Mexico. The size of its fleet is by a large margin larger than that of Aeromexico, the largest commercial airline in the country.

The cartel's fleet is even comparable to that of many international airlines, although many of the cartel's aircraft are smaller, designed to fulfill their role of traveling to and from remote and clandestine airstrips.

This information comes with an investigation carried out by El Universal, who obtained data on planes confiscated by Mexican federal forces between 2006 and 2015. The numbers are even surprising for the Sinaloa Cartel itself, the world's richest drug trafficking organization.

Mexico has confiscated 599 airplanes and helicopters linked to the Sinaloa Cartel exclusively, according to the newspaper's information. That's almost five times the size of the Aeromexico fleet, although we insist, most of the Sinaloa Cartel aircraft are small, among which are Cessnas (the most popular), Gulf-streams, Pipers and others.

A complex nexus of phantom, private companies and "training schools" conceals their true purpose.

Considering that this number is exclusively confiscated air fleet, not active, the absolute total is probably higher and we can expect the cartel to replenish its losses after these operations. Although not all of the cartel's planes are of small dimensions, Arévalo-Kessler admitted to Mexican authorities that he had flown a Boeing 727 for the cartel.

According to El Universal "If it were a legal company, the cartel would also compete as the most lucrative airport company in the country, operating 4,771 clandestine airstrips between 500 meters and one kilometer long, nestled in the heart of the mountains. in the northern states. "

The Sinaloa Cartel is an international organization, but it is mainly located in northwestern Mexico and centered around the state of Sinaloa. According to the newspaper, the landing and take-off runways are heavily concentrated in Sinaloa, but also towards the border between Baja California and California.

But what the Arévalo-Kessler case shows is that the Sinaloa Cartel does not need to be legal to compete with the world's airlines. A job offer from Emirates (one of the best in the world) and a career in the Mexican Air Force gave him opportunities to work directly on airplanes. So he went to work for El Chapo.

Illegal or not, the cartel has proven capable of recruiting top talent.

Back
Top Bottom