Session 10 December 2016

Menrva said:
Marina9 said:
I did get some positive feedback from a teacher that used to be my professor back at journalism school, and he extended his kudos to everyone at SOTT and offered himself to contribute in sharing the memes :) So it's like some other members are saying here, maybe some people won't even read it, but some will do and the message is what counts :) :headbanger:

That's great, Marina9! I've gotten some positive feedback too and it is heartening and affirming. If we can help even one person question what they believe or give validation to those who have trouble speaking up, that's a good thing. :rockon:
I too have had positive feedback for my Facebook posts (haven't learned Twitter yet-- soon!) but the interesting thing is it's all from younger millennials. 20 year old friends of my kids. No one over 25 has said anything positive. I know people like to slag off millennials all the time, but in my experience they KNOW something's really wrong and want to figure out what. I think the mature adults are just discouraged and just want to hang on to what they've got.

Mr. Premise said:
I too have had positive feedback for my Facebook posts (haven't learned Twitter yet-- soon!) but the interesting thing is it's all from younger millennials. 20 year old friends of my kids. No one over 25 has said anything positive. I know people like to slag off millennials all the time, but in my experience they KNOW something's really wrong and want to figure out what. I think the mature adults are just discouraged and just want to hang on to what they've got.

Yup, I noticed that too. But the fact that only young people interact with your posts doesn't mean they are the only ones who see them. Take this forum and the newbies section for example. People sit on the fence for years before they actively join in - myself included - it took me two years from the moment I joined the forum and well over 3 years since I started reading Laura's books. This doesn't mean I wasn't reading through the content almost daily!

As for Twitter, it's a really interactive tool, definitely worth using. You will quickly start networking with more likeminded people, which I found very motivating. With facebook, you're sharing the content existing friends which makes it a closed network. Twitter is more open. Also, I've seen articles about Trump's tweets, I haven't seen any about his facebook posts so it may be the way to for us too.

Ant22 said:
Mr. Premise said:

Yup, I noticed that too. But the fact that only young people interact with your posts doesn't mean they are the only ones who see them.

It could also just simply be that it's the millenials who spend a lot of time on social media so that's why you get more feedback from them than from the older generations.

Beau said:
Ant22 said:
Mr. Premise said:

Yup, I noticed that too. But the fact that only young people interact with your posts doesn't mean they are the only ones who see them.

It could also just simply be that it's the millenials who spend a lot of time on social media so that's why you get more feedback from them than from the older generations.
No I don't think it's that. The older people react just fine to cute animal pictures. And older people spend more time on Facebook than younger people. Instagram is bigger with younger people.

Mr. Premise said:
Beau said:
Ant22 said:
Mr. Premise said:

No I don't think it's that. The older people react just fine to cute animal pictures. And older people spend more time on Facebook than younger people. Instagram is bigger with younger people.

Here's some data from Dec 2014.

Attachments

• Social Media By AGe Group 2014.png
    Social Media By AGe Group 2014.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 855
Amazing information for the coming changes.

Congratulations to the many years you all have worked so hard to get at this juncture. And continue to promote and provide guidance to the network for healing and connecting.

Thank you Chatu crews, and Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind. It all helps to raise and center the spirits. :perfect:

Hi All
Just a reaction. Can Ant22's posts and relevant comments be moved to a thread that could be more poductive?
There are still 20 days that we need to stay focused on. It is not over as "Fat Lady has not sung Yet".

lara4unow said:
Hi All
Just a reaction. Can Ant22's posts and relevant comments be moved to a thread that could be more poductive?
There are still 20 days that we need to stay focused on. It is not over as "Fat Lady has not sung Yet".

I'm not sure I understand why you want to move one person's posts elsewhere. What is it that you see as unproductive?

Hi
I did not say the discussion was unproductive. In fact, it is deserves it's own thread to be more productive. That is all I meant.

Ant22 said:
It may be just my subjective experience but I get the impression that it isn't entirely the case anymore, in fact, it hasn't been the case for quite a few years. For example, mentioning the discrepancies (to put it diplomatically) behind 9/11 used to make people look at me funny, like there was something wrong with me since I even entertained that thought. I now mostly see an entirely different approach, along the lines of "Well, who cares, we won't know the truth anyway. Let's just hit the pub and talk about something less depressing" As if somewhere along the line things got so messed up that it cannot be entirely rejected anymore. At least not by everyone and in my opinion it is the people who on some level allow the possibility that the official propaganda is not all there is are the ones we are targeting with our 'social proof'. And it looks like you're quite successful on facebook with it!

Hello. It's fun what you wrote as it's exactly the "tendency" my brother is taking now by answering me, 2 days before, that in final, the truth will not be known because someone says something and the other the contrary ! Of course he answered a generality which is not right to me : for a lot of subjects it's possible to find the truth or at least to definitively eliminate some "fake news", but anyway. The good news is that now he gives a place in his mind to an (in fact a lot) other possible scenario(s) which wasn't there a few years before.

I also have return from Friends about this little frenzy flood of well checked news :

- One who once was unreceptive about lots of subject (smoking, gluten/ketogenic diet...) told me that there was INTERESTING stuff in what I've posted on Facebook, but their was too much articles to follow and he was enjoining me to post less. Maybe it's true, that it will be the number of people who are posting that may be the difference, not necessarily the number of posts by day. So I reduced and post a little over a day, like eating : a little, three (or more) times a day !

- I was also surprising with the speech that come up in justifying this sudden leak of informations. I usually say it's for chocking emotionally people that may want to 'wake up'. But for the 40 days period... I have said that with the attacks those days we can predict a big burst but it will not last... But for being the most open, I haven't figured that out yet.

Happy New Year by the way :)

Here's an explanation:

http://thefecaltransplantfoundation.org/what-is-fecal-transplant/
Fecal Microbiota Transplant (FMT) is a procedure in which fecal matter, or stool, is collected from a tested donor, mixed with a saline or other solution, strained, and placed in a patient, by colonoscopy, endoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, or enema.

The purpose of fecal transplant is to replace good bacteria that has been killed or suppressed, usually by the use of antibiotics, causing bad bacteria, specifically Clostridium difficile, or C. diff., to over-populate the colon. This infection causes a condition called C. diff. colitis, resulting in often debilitating, sometimes fatal diarrhea.
[/quote]

Hello everyone,
Thank you for sharing this session!
It's kinda funny in a "not so funny situation", my stepdad was experiencing this uncontrollable bowel movement. He simply could NOT hold his feces in, it was almost like he had diarrhea but it was not watery at all, but a very runny stool. My poor dad hid his condition for whose knows how long, until it got so bad, that he was leaking feces as he walked or sat down and even while laying down.
His doctor had him do all the regular test and came up with nothing unusual for his age (76yrs)
imo, I think they didn't know what to think & do.
Well, it was clear to the family that something was terribly wrong! He became weaker and meaner and could no longer walk without having to sit down and catch his breath. He even passed out and landed in the pool, while attempting to go swimming. [go figure!] They kept him at the hosiptal for three days with more test being done and nobody could give us a straight answer as to the cause of his condition. They acted like they were clueless.
So Dad came home and his condition continue to get worse. Now this was all happening while trying to pack and to get ready to move into each of our new houses. And that meant the house had to be cleaned. The horror of his room would make any weak stomach to puke. There were fecal everywhere, some soaked into the carpet, on his chair and etc, but anyways, I think you guys get the picture. It was not a pretty site for sure.
Now, my relationship with my dad is not on good terms, but being who I am, could not in good concise, have him continue to live in such an environment, let alone have buyer taking a peek at the master bedroom. So I put on my rubber gloves and face mask with mop at hand drenching the room with good old bleach! But this was only a temporary fix, cause my dad continue to eat what he always ate and so, the bowel continued to leak.
My dad was the first one to actually move to his new house and my mother and I followed soon after. It was less than a week after everyone had moved that on Oct. 4th 2016, my uncle found my dad dead sitting on his portable potty at his new house alone. His doctor said the cause of dead was due to a heart attack.
So reading about fecal transplant is something that my dad would have benefited from but it seem his doctor was not aware of such procedure.
thanks for listening.
okiron

okiron said:
Here's an explanation:

http://thefecaltransplantfoundation.org/what-is-fecal-transplant/
Fecal Microbiota Transplant (FMT) is a procedure in which fecal matter, or stool, is collected from a tested donor, mixed with a saline or other solution, strained, and placed in a patient, by colonoscopy, endoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, or enema.

The purpose of fecal transplant is to replace good bacteria that has been killed or suppressed, usually by the use of antibiotics, causing bad bacteria, specifically Clostridium difficile, or C. diff., to over-populate the colon. This infection causes a condition called C. diff. colitis, resulting in often debilitating, sometimes fatal diarrhea.

Hello everyone,
Thank you for sharing this session!
It's kinda funny in a "not so funny situation", my stepdad was experiencing this uncontrollable bowel movement. He simply could NOT hold his feces in, it was almost like he had diarrhea but it was not watery at all, but a very runny stool. My poor dad hid his condition for whose knows how long, until it got so bad, that he was leaking feces as he walked or sat down and even while laying down.
His doctor had him do all the regular test and came up with nothing unusual for his age (76yrs)
imo, I think they didn't know what to think & do.
Well, it was clear to the family that something was terribly wrong! He became weaker and meaner and could no longer walk without having to sit down and catch his breath. He even passed out and landed in the pool, while attempting to go swimming. [go figure!] They kept him at the hosiptal for three days with more test being done and nobody could give us a straight answer as to the cause of his condition. They acted like they were clueless.
So Dad came home and his condition continue to get worse. Now this was all happening while trying to pack and to get ready to move into each of our new houses. And that meant the house had to be cleaned. The horror of his room would make any weak stomach to puke. There were fecal everywhere, some soaked into the carpet, on his chair and etc, but anyways, I think you guys get the picture. It was not a pretty site for sure.
Now, my relationship with my dad is not on good terms, but being who I am, could not in good concise, have him continue to live in such an environment, let alone have buyer taking a peek at the master bedroom. So I put on my rubber gloves and face mask with mop at hand drenching the room with good old bleach! But this was only a temporary fix, cause my dad continue to eat what he always ate and so, the bowel continued to leak.
My dad was the first one to actually move to his new house and my mother and I followed soon after. It was less than a week after everyone had moved that on Oct. 4th 2016, my uncle found my dad dead sitting on his portable potty at his new house alone. His doctor said the cause of dead was due to a heart attack.
So reading about fecal transplant is something that my dad would have benefited from but it seem his doctor was not aware of such procedure.
thanks for listening.
okiron

I'm really sorry to hear about your dad Okiron. It must have been really difficult to watch a family member suffer through such a condition - and terribly humiliating for your dad too. I think we all want to leave this world with dignity and no one wants their last days to be like this. I have two elderly grandparents and for them even asking me to get them something for a bladder infection is an embarrassing conversation, usually done in whisper so that other family members can't hear it. What your dad - and your family - went through is just heartbreaking to read about.

I'm not a doctor and don't have any medical training but it does make me wonder whether there is a correlation between the condition your dad suffered from and the heart attack. And whether a low carb / ketogenic / paleo diet would have made a difference.

Mainstream medicine is aware of FMT but when I looked into it, I found lots of articles about fecal therapy, including the NHS sources (in case you're based elsewhere that's the National Healthcare System in the UK), but all kinds of reasons and obstacles are given to avoid this therapy being the 'go to' solution.
(E.g.: _http://www.bmj.com/content/351/bmj.h6043).

Not enough proof is often given as a reason not to use the therapy, for example here: _http://www.nhs.uk/news/2014/10October/Pages/Poo-in-a-pill-may-help-treat-C-difficile-infection.aspx.

I wasn't convinced that their conclusion was correct because to me the article did provide enough proof.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Someone searching for an answer to their loved one suffering from the same or similar condition might come across your post and consider trying FMT. Especially that, as you said, doctors acted like they were clueless about this.

Hello Ant22,
Thank you for your kind words. :)
It's a subject matter that's not so easily talked about with other people, but I felt after reading this session, that it just might not be a coincidence that a subject matter and my experience were somehow relates(?)
When it comes to my dad, I can't help reflect back on the "crystal connection" the daily reading where this part reads "You will only look with your eyes and see the fate of the ignorant and unaware.", comes to mind, even with that said, I can't help but feel deep sadness.
It makes me wonder on the other hand, and after some reflection about my dad's life and the life we shared, whether or not the term "soul smashing" might have applied onto him? If it does/did, than it just made me think that much more about the importance of ones own soul and maybe, how it can be systematically bring the soul to go against oneself? If so, than I'm afraid that my dad just might not be the first nor the last one.
If I'm interpreting the phrase correctly, than it's definitely been somewhere between "rocking and rolling".
okiron

Back
Top Bottom