Session 10 October 2015

Thank you for this new session, it is so inspiring and, as others said, giver of hope.

As a practical person, I have tried to understand what stays behind self presentation and representation.

My impression is that self presentation and self representation merge at a certain point:

Self presentation could be the conveying of an impression to others about one’s self image, verbally or non-verbally.

Self representation is the next necessary phase when one substantiates the information conveyed (i.e. doing by knowing – which implies, but is not reduced to, self knowledge, standing up for values, executing services, social interaction, etc).

Here is a study (a rather lengthy one) about the non-verbal form of self presentation, which is interesting as the non-verbal expression could convey a lot more about us to the observer than one has bargained for ;).

_http://www.communicationcache.com/uploads/1/0/8/8/10887248/nonverbal_behavior_and_self-presentation.pdf

Self-presentation is a matter of regulating one's own behaviors to create a particular impression on others (Jones & Pittman, 1982), of communicating a particular image of oneself to others (Baumeister, 1982), or of "showing oneself [to an audience] to be a particular kind of person" (Schlenker & Weigold, 1989).
Many of these self-presentational goals can be accomplished nonverbally. Students who want to broadcast their association to the university, for example, can wear U VA sweatshirts and drink from U VA mugs. In fact, research has shown that this type of basking in reflected glory occurs more frequently after the hometown team has won than after it has lost (Cialdini et al., 1976). Students who want to ingratiate themselves to their professors can nod and smile and don an expression of utter fascination throughout each lecture (cf. Purvis, Dabbs, & Hopper, 1984; Rosenfeld, 1966). And athletes who want to claim that their legs are sore rather than slow can limp perceptibly as they leave the track (cf. Berglas & Jones, 1978; Jones & Berglas, 1978). Of course, verbal and nonverbal strategies can also be used together, as when the athlete winces in pain as she mentions the stiffness in her leg.

Nonverbal behavior is irrepressible. From a social psychological perspective, one of the most interesting properties of nonverbal cues in social interaction is that they are irrepressibly impactful. Try as they might, people cannot refrain from behaving nonverbally. If, for example, they try to be as passive as possible, they are likely to be perceived as unexpressive, inhibited, withdrawn, and uptight (cf. B. M. DePaulo & Kirkendol, 1989; see also J. A. Hall, Roter, & Katz, 1987). And even if they do succeed in quieting their dynamic nonverbal cues (such as their facial expressions and body movements and postures), their static nonverbal cues will still speak loudly. Relatively permanent physical features such as head size and shape, body build, physical attractiveness, and skin color have an immediate and important influence on the impressions perceivers form.
…………..
Nonverbal behavior is linked to emotion. Most major theorists of emotion and emotion expression (e.g., Buck, 1984; Ekman, 1972,1977; Izard, 1977; Tomkins, 1962) posit that there are hard-wired links between the elicitation of certain basic emotions and the triggering of facial muscles that produce expressions of those emotions.
….....

The implications for self-presentation could be substantial. People who can simulate expressions of the basic emotions even when they are not actually experiencing those emotions can tap into the very powerful perceptual structures of their interaction partners.

Yet, doing is imperative!
Ability, practice, and experience. Once people know what impression they would like to convey, and also know (even if only implicitly) which nonverbal behaviors they need to produce to convey that impression, they still need to have a certain set of enactive abilities to succeed.
In summary, spontaneously expressive people create more favorable impressions on others, probably without even trying. When they do try to convey particular impressions, they are especially successful at doing so, as long as they are not trying to convey an impression that is at odds with a strong emotion that they are experiencing. The profiles of expressive people are similar to those of affectively intense people, although much more is known about the self-presentationally relevant correlates and consequences of expressiveness than of emotionality.

Much of the success is due to confidence (well, the right kind, not based on wishful thinking:

People who believe that they can succeed in conveying the impressions they want to convey probably really will succeed more often than those who are less confident.
Confidence might also help people to avoid self-defeating strategies. For instance, instead of paying close attention to their own nonverbal behaviors in challenging interpersonal situations, which can sometimes impair performance, confident people might instead pay attention to the reactions of others. Confidence, then, will almost always be an enabling factor with regard to effective self-presentations. However, it can become constraining or undermining at its extreme, in that people who are overconfident may not mobilize the effort necessary to convey just the right impressions.

Well, on one hand, I feel sadness - for all the people who were deceived, sacrificed, confused- how many times we see history repeating itself and even in the vortex of events the large majority is still stuck in the ruts.

On the other hand I' m thankful for being alive and being able to participate in the here and now - I had been doing what I could to adopt new responses and to enrich my knowledge and abilities to serve. Sometimes it was frightening, sometimes exciting: yes, chaos was my silent companion, sometimes the knowledge of my imminent death, but they have helped me to see beyond the difficulties and discontinuities which are inherent to introduction of the new order.

That's one of the therapeutic tactics which I apply - if you want change, you have to disrupt the continuity of that unwanted, but persisting situation, by introducing and unfitting element, an element which doesn't belong to that known order. This creates chaos, which makes it impossible for the old order to stay functional.
Here comes the necessity to have a strategy to be applied, which will consolidate a new, workable order.

That's why many wishful thinkers will fail.
Hopefully, we will be able to use our knowledge and ingeniousness to come up with a pertinent solution whatever await for us.

I'm glad and thankful to witness Putin and his team of experts at work - what a shining example! It is also good to see that they are backed and sustained by others too.

Thank you ALL for helping this to happen, blessings
Joy

Another timely session. I can certainly identify w/ the almost unbearable desire for a new reality from the one we're mired in > so much pain, grief, horror, lies & deceit. But I rejoice at 'the new sheriff in town who's kicking butt & taking names!' Cayce called it! And, it would appear cracks are developing in the 'frequency fence'. Sunday's Columbus Dispatch featured an Ed Gamble editorial cartoon which I will have to describe - attempts to retrieve it off the net were unsuccessful:

The scene includes 4 obviously inept Syrian rebels, a military figure w/ USA on helmet holding a paper that says, Cost to train 4 rebels! $50 M; some kind of box w/ SYRIA on it and a tank labeled RUSSIA w/ a helmeted figure appearing out of the tank hatch - actually looks like LBJ but PUTIN is on the helmet. This figure is saying, Move aside! I'm taking over!!

This in a VERY Republican/conservative slanted paper!

The political environment in Columbus & Ohio is up to its eyeballs in corruption. City councilman running for mayor has been associated w/ Columbus schools data scrubbing & red-light camera bribery scandal. I read reports (alternative news only) that John Boehner, Rob Portman, & Pat Tiberi all received big payouts for their support of TTP. So the graft & greed is across the board from the local level to the national level. Voting, of course, is a joke. Our terminals produce a paper printout but it includes a barcode square & who knows what encoded data that will actually generate.

Sorry that the Germans are target #1 again! I guess WWI & WWII weren't quite enough. I can't even imagine how this massive infiltration of 'agents' will play out or how a good & just end can manifest. For sure many innocents will suffer & die in the process.

Sorry too, that more train derailments are all but assured along w/ more 'random' shootings. Seeing that change is indeed happening & can be spurred along by our individual actions is at least some consolation in addition to aiding one's ability to persevere no matter how daunting it may all seem at times.

Thanks to everyone for their efforts - and may Putin continue to outmaneuver the nefarious forces out to destroy us all.

Approaching Infinity said:
Heimdallr said:
DougEE said:
My take on self-presentation: The manner in which we present ourselves to the universe through our thoughts, words, and deeds.
My take on self representation: This could refer to the symbols we surround ourselves with, our music preferences, our circle of friends, our clothing, our programs and behaviours (habits).

I think that's pretty much it DougEE. Some things can fall into both categories, but both ways of communicating with the universe inform it, and the people around us, about who we are.

I think DougEE's and herondancer's ideas can probably be meshed. I'd divide them slightly differently, though. First some definitions:

presentation: the manner or style in which something is given/offered/displayed (i.e. appearance, what people see)
representation: the description/portrayal of someone/something in a particular way (i.e. an image, symbol, likeness)

So I'd see self-presentation as the way we dress, groom ourselves, speak, move, emote, etc. That's what people see when they interact with us.

I originally thought about self-representation similar to DougEE's take. But then I googled, because I knew I'd heard the word before:

http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Self-Representation.aspx
Self-Representation

How people define themselves in relation to others greatly influences how they think, feel, and behave, and is ultimately related to the construct of identity. Self-development is a continuous process throughout the lifespan; one’s sense of self may change, at least somewhat, throughout one’s life. Self-representation has important implications for socio-emotional functioning throughout the lifespan.

...Psychologists Tory Higgins, Ruth Klein, and Timothy Strauman further suggested that self-representation includes ideas about who we are (actual self), who we potentially could be (ideal self), and who we should be (ought self), both from one’s own perspective and from one’s perception of valued others’ perspectives. Discrepancies between the actual self and the ideal self or ought self may result in depression or anxiety, respectively.

Basically, it's 'self-image' (_https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-image), the way we see ourselves, the deep beliefs we have about ourselves and how others see us. And our self-representation influences how we present ourselves to the world. It influences the symbols we 'put out there'. This can be the words we use, the things we create, the image we present, etc. It also influences the symbols we surround ourselves with (music, fashion, literature, multimedia, etc.).

So, what message do we send to ourselves, our community, other communities, and the cosmos at large by the way we present ourselves? What beliefs do we have about ourselves that are untrue? And what small steps can we take to switch from one 'symbol system' to another?

I think these steps can be as simple as changes in the clothes we wear, the way we style our hair, the words we use, our posture and bearing, etc. There have already been some good testimonials of just that in this thread!

It's these small steps that can get us closer to a truer self-representation, and help us present ourselves in a manner more harmonious with our ideals and values as a community. Our self-presentation can become a true indicator of who we are. And that's a good goal to have, IMO. Like Caesar said: "Be true to yourself!"

This is a practical approach to the subject. I would add that self-image is the "lowest" form of communication. We communicate thoughts through words, emotions mostly through facial expression and communicate our capacity/output of presumed inner potential through physical condition and things we are surrounding ourselves directly like elements of wardrobe and indirectly through things like mobile phones, a bike, a car etc.

It implies links between those things and our attention, which entails time and energy which we give to maintain those links. These connections consolidate to habits and it dictate the way in which we can become "defined."

Various elements of the designs create an self-image that becomes a packet of information that is automatically received by people in our company. It influence on how people feel in our company and influence their behaviour and decisions of what their attitude toward us will be. The best self-image is that, which will work as clear relay for what we are and for the best version of ourselves we want to be.

obyvatel said:
MariuszJ said:
I wonder if I may be excused from my duty to be here during this time of chaos and leave this Earth plane. I'd rather do that unless my presence here might be helpful and rewarded by human friendship. This is an academic question so do not answer to it in an angry way as you did before to my questions.

Hi Mariusz,
I do not think anyone here is angry at you. What you wrote above is concerning. This is an Internet forum and we are not equipped to deal with the kind issues of you seem to be alluding to. Please consider consulting with a qualified professional like a counsellor or psychologist who can provide assistance to you.
Well, goyacobol's and nicklebleu's replies were more interesting and mature. We all know there is reincarnation so non-standard views are appreciated.
And by the way, this is what Laura wrote the other day
https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=23860.0
Q: (L) Well, if my death would bring about their destruction, then maybe it would be a good idea for me to check out, right?

MariuszJ said:
Well, goyacobol's and nicklebleu's replies were more interesting and mature. We all know there is reincarnation so non-standard views are appreciated.
And by the way, this is what Laura wrote the other day
_https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=23860.0
Q: (L) Well, if my death would bring about their destruction, then maybe it would be a good idea for me to check out, right?

Interesting you mention this, I have a few comments to say.

First, I have a theory for reality splits. Remember you all about 4th density type of life descriptions? like those of you create your own reality? well what if because of the wave and all of that, those principles start merging with this world bits by bits, so in a sense, it becomes easier to control the destiny of your life, and that's why there's reality splits. But a good question might be, how do I know I'm talking to the same people I used to talk to before, I mean, are these people the same type of people. I mean, it gets philosophical to think that you were in a reality then it splits, and the version of your friends changes, so you don't really talk to your past friends. Or maybe it is less dramatic, and these changes are just literal, from a reality of room A of a house, to the experience of room B in the same hous, the time-space changes, and by that the experience, without some dimensional stuff.

And about your comment mariusz, well I read a similar comment in a past session, about these guys not killing Laura because it might not be good. So I thought, and this might be a reason for pitchforks, that between this day and Laura's pass for natural conditions, there is a bridge for an important event to happen, so between this period and that day something important could happen, some change or something and that's why the guys do not go directly and attack the sott people deadly.

Always on time... Stop wishfull thinking, start wishfull doing, be the change you desire.

Thanks all, Laura & team.

Dakota said:
Laura said:
A: Changing the mode of self-presentation and self-representation is the most basic.

Thank you for the session :).

I just didn't understood the difference between presentation and respresentation.

Your self-presentation is how you passively present yourself, i.e. appearance, tastes etc. it's how the world and others perceive you if they look at you. Your self-representation is how you actively present yourself, what you argue for, the ways in which you try to convince others of certain things etc. Obviously both are closely linked, but there's a subtle difference.

Eärwen said:
For that and everything else one big THANK YOU. :cheer:

PS: One question, is it possible that higher echelons of power (for the time being in a state of certain shock) could move more directly against Putin, since he was not "seen" as the major threat before, would they, "adjust" to the 'new timeline' and move more directly against Russia and it's government? They did shot down one airplane and tried to make Russia guilty for it, are they ready for something more (not only indirectly via Germany), especially if people start to see the global political truth and Putin's STO agenda?

There's a comment in a session from a few years go that was given in response to a question along the lines of "why don't they just take us out". The answer was something along the lines of their being universal "laws" pertaining to balance that no one, in any density, can infringe. Basically, if 4D sts were just to use all of their abilities to turn this planet into a slave planet and summarily kill anyone that stood in their way they would actually destroy their own plans for conquest and control because of the backlash against them for infringing these laws about balance and free will. They can manipulate and abridge free will in many ways, but they cannot blatantly snuff it out or they get themselves in serious trouble. If someone knows which session I am talking about and can find it, I'd appreciate a link to it.

Piscarian said:
Thanks for sharing another interesting session, in particular this

Q: (L) Alright. So, when I gave these talks here at these meetings we had a few years ago, and I described making a decision to help and just do one thing after another, day after day; in making such choices one day after the other, will this gradually move you step-by-step to a different timeline?

A: Yes

Q: (L) So it's accumulation of daily steps, daily choices, daily activities?

A: Yes and it would be extremely beneficial if more of your members learned and practiced this.

Q: (L) Can you be more specific about that?

A: For those who find themselves in a life situation that is less than desirable or optimal, small daily acts that declare their affinity for another reality will accumulate and trigger a phase transition.

Based on the above and other forum material, if I'm getting the gist of what is being referred to, then when people seek a new outcome (timeline) the probabilities for obtaining it are increased with the aid of the Universe when we place the fewest strictures on how things will happen (anticipation), do what we can to increase the odds in our favor (taking action), while "paying attention left and right" to the range of possibilities that form around us (phase transition) and applying our creative, nonwishful thinking toward the general intent (intention) supporting the new outcome. At least this is how I'm seeing things so far. Am I headed in the right direction with this?

Pretty much. But it seems that what is most important is taking personal action in the direction you want to go, to 'attract' the life and world you want to see, and arranging your life - everything from your appearance to what you think say and do - to support that outcome. Take some deliberate critical thinking about yourself and your life to figure out what changes need to/should be made.

caballero reyes said:
Session 10 October 2015
«Perceval on: Yesterday at 03:59:18 PM »

(Perceval) Yeah, Germany is the economic powerhouse.

------------------------------- ------------------------------------- -------------------------

Perceval, you think that Germany controls all the money in the world?

I was referring to Europe. So the full comment would have been "Germany is the economic powerhouse of Europe".

MariuszJ said:
I wonder if I may be excused from my duty to be here during this time of chaos and leave this Earth plane. I'd rather do that unless my presence here might be helpful and rewarded by human friendship. This is an academic question so do not answer to it in an angry way as you did before to my questions.

Hello MariuszJ, I am sorry to hear that you have this kind of feelings going on. I agree with goyacobol, that even such a "tiny little act" like welcoming a newbie can help pretty much to break down that sense of disconnect. And thereby you are already helping another person with your presence, by welcoming her to the forum and looking forward to interact with her. That really helps people feel comfortable :)

There's following thought to share: Can it be, that this state you are currently in has been programmed into you, in order to turn you against what really comprises you? Can it be, that you have the powers in you to act in such a way that you can really be of help here - but you have been programmed otherwise, because your potentials are seen as a threat by 4D STS handlers?

MariuszJ said:
Well, goyacobol's and nicklebleu's replies were more interesting and mature.

Have you been reading any of Laura's books? How is your diet? Are you doing EE? Any kind of detox? All these things have been helping many people here, who have been in similar states as that one you describe. Then I also don't think, obyvatel's suggestion was mean. Many people here have been and are doing therapy at one point or the other (including myself). To offer someone the thought to seek a therapist has a negative connotation in our society - it makes the addressed person appear weaker and make her feel disabled. But here we take another stance towards therapy: in helping to (re-)gain wellbeing. So I interpret obyvatel's suggestion as a one of care for you. Care for someone else is a feature of a friend, who connects to that person.

You can start a thread in the Swamp section of this forum, if you want, and write about your state there. If we know more, we can help you better. Hang in there and don't give up! :hug2:

Ursus Minor said:
By the way, Data had it wrong when he estimated that of 4 million people displaced only 180,000 went to Germany.
As of October 1, the official number of (registered) refugees/immigrants coming into Germany this year was 686,000 plus an estimated 290,000 that the German authorities failed to track and register. That makes it a million this year already.
With 80% of them being mainly unaccompanied young males, a rate of 6% of them being "agents" would already make them a formidable force to be reckoned with. :shock:

Could be, but it's also possible that the 'agents' were only introduced to a large degree at a certain point in time. For example, perhaps 99%+ of the refugees were genuine for many months. Then the 'plan' was put into operation at a certain point in time, and a large number of agents were introduced into the flow of refugees. In other words, has it been a long-term plan since the beginning of the refugee problem (i.e. for years), or only a more recent development?

That's my take too. I think the number of such "infiltrators" is relatively small, but we know that it doesn't take many of such to cause mayhem.

Hesper said:
Thank you very much for the valuable information everyone!

Ennio said:
I think its both a metaphor and literal. The Queen is the most powerful piece on the board, a lot hinges on which way it will go. And discussed further on in the session was Germany's being a prime target for destabilization by the US.

Well, with Russia taking out ISIS while the US wrings its hands and whines and complains, they're definitely creating conditions where the US/Israel's role in terrorism is exposed, maybe back to 9/11. Or, at least, that would be nice!

I thought it kind of coincidental to see this image in a SOTT article the other day:

syria_usa_mideast_plan1.jpg

http://www.sott.net/article/303716-Why-the-US-is-responsible-for-ISIS-and-the-disaster-in-Syria

Interesting coincidence. The "queen" here could be Israel, but I doubt it for the reason that the Cs have always said that Mossad was near the top of the 3D STS hierarchy. Instead, I'd say that in terms of a global chessboard, the most powerful 'piece' that the USA has, and that has more than any other mechanism, allowed it to dominate the world, is its control over the Saudis Gulf States and their oil and the Middle East in general. In addition, for at least the last 25 years, US control over the Middle East, and in particular their alliance with the Saudis, has allowed the US to manufacture the entire 'war on terror'. Losing that ability would be a serious disruption in their plans for the future and for the US empire itself.

Thanks Laura, The Chateau Crew... for that very informative session!!! :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

And from my analysis the Queen is Germany...

If Germany falls to the Russian side of the equation... almost all of Europe follows suit... (with a few exceptions...)

That is way the PTB are taking Preemptive actions directed against the actual German Establishment...

Just my two cents... :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom