Session 12 December 2010

Courage to you Atreides, and hugs to the whole family having to go through this again.

I've just been watching this docu about Inuit people's observations on climate change. These people eat basically one thing: meat. No doubt their sharp intellect, survival in harsh conditions and empathetic connection with their environment is integrally related to their diet.

Inuit Knowledge and Climate Change

Kniall said:
Courage to you Atreides, and hugs to the whole family having to go through this again.

I've just been watching this docu about Inuit people's observations on climate change. These people eat basically one thing: meat. No doubt their sharp intellect, survival in harsh conditions and empathetic connection with their environment is integrally related to their diet.

Inuit Knowledge and Climate Change

Interesting video but it seems to be global warming propaganda.

Laura said:
I would say, don't start planning on moving or agitating over it, start working on making yourself valuable enough to the Universe that IT sees you as necessary for the future - then you can be sure that the opportunity will be given to you.

Thank you for this reminder, Laura. It is much appreciated. Moving had been on some part of my mind as well, but it is useless panicking. Turmoil might be everywhere on the planet, also due to super wheather, meteorites etc. Therefore it doesn't matter where you are, but who you are, as Cs said. I also can't bear to leave all my friends and family behind, who have wether no idea what is going on/what will come in future or who deny it. I really hope, that Gs. hypothesis regarding the 200 fully conscious beings that could change the course of this world will prove right. But it can be other wishful thinking (I tend to be prone to this). Given the case, it might prove true - one of the causes why I signed up on this forum was, to contribute to reaching this number. It is more probable though, that I might help others to become one of those 200 than I will ever make it myself. But this is very worthwile as well. It includes Walking the Walk indeed - then the Universe will notice it and answer in its way. Point is taken. But having this on my mind, it is still blurred by many issues on my own. I am currently providing a post that is adressing some of these issues, that I consider as the most hindering and distracting. It is just good to know, that I am not alone in this battle. Thanks to the network.

Gertrudes said:
I was shocked to know of Artreides condition. I'm very sorry to hear that he's back in hospital...

Yes, it is really heartbreaking. :cry:

Do you Laura, or the rest of the team need any further support?

2lbs of hamburger, 1cp of oats 2 eggs, add spices to flavor, mix together roll it all around like a lego project, if it doesnt hold up add more oats, roll around again, then bake 350 for an hr, if no spices, salt and eat!

Meatloaf for everyone!

& kool aid!, good flavor water, eh, well sugared water, any who.

you will be fine kiddo~ hang in there.

~appy new year, when u get past this, Atreides- it will take just about a 'supernova' to stop ya! /hehe

new years cook for us is blackeyed peas, with a 1/2 dollar cooked in the pea's and collard greens.

i kno you cant eat greens right now, but u could ask Mom to start a new tradition, Meat Lover's New Year, well, you could try!

heh, glad ur feelin' better!

Aloha!

It's draining on the soul when your loved ones are ill. Atreides should take care not to strain his resources, get enough rest and take small steps towards full functioning - a severe bowel inflammation may take months to fully recede and is prone to reoccur if one pushes too hard. I wish you all the best. :)

[quote author=Laura]
The thing that is bugging me the most in the middle of all this is that I don't have my cigarettes. Somehow, that really adds to the stress. I've received some from members in the UK, but they don't last very long because I'm not the only one who smokes them. Somehow, that little "dig" from the PTB (even if unconscious), really gets to me.
[/quote]

I just got off the phone with my tobacco store, if they have the correct More's, I can get a couple carton's posted to you on Monday. I'll also be sending another farwah (desert coat) with a note saying thanks for loaning me this during my recent visit and that I'm returning "the handbag" of yours that got mixed in with my things. ;)

If I can't get the cigs locally, I'll order & get them shipped ASAP. http://www.dutyfreedepot.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=2528
Please send me the name & address you'd like me to ship to.

Sorry to hear Atreides is back in hospital. Please send my regards and let him know the network is behind him.

Laura said:
I would say, don't start planning on moving or agitating over it, start working on making yourself valuable enough to the Universe that IT sees you as necessary for the future - then you can be sure that the opportunity will be given to you.

On another note, Atriedes is back in the hospital. Putting high powered antibiotics in his stomach was NOT a good idea. He's back on the IV version as well as IV feeding until things are sorted out in his innards. His bloodwork shows that the infection IS decreasing steadily, so no surgery, thank DCM.

Making myself valuable is like geting enough knowledge to at least inform others in the future, or do I need something apart from that?
I can not see myself valuable in another way...

Just gotten round this thread...Thanks Laura and the Chateau crew for the great session, and forum members for the ensuing discussions. I must say that its all very timely and pertinent issues affecting all of us have been discussed. :)

All the best to Atreides and may you have a quick and lasting recovery. Thankfully, you are in good hands.

May you all have a happy new year!

Kinyash

cubbex said:
Laura said:

On another note, Atriedes is back in the hospital. Putting high powered antibiotics in his stomach was NOT a good idea. He's back on the IV version as well as IV feeding until things are sorted out in his innards. His bloodwork shows that the infection IS decreasing steadily, so no surgery, thank DCM.

Making myself valuable is like geting enough knowledge to at least inform others in the future, or do I need something apart from that?
I can not see myself valuable in another way...

I think that growing in knowledge is just one aspect of making oneself useful to the universe. What does the universe want? To my mind, it wants truth and balance. I think you could say that the universe wants its creatures to be true, to bring into actuality their inherent nature. For example, truth for the body means removing or minimising those things which are harmful (toxins, gluten, etc. – the diet as discussed here on the forum). Truth for the mind means finding the root of emotional damage and doing our best to heal, and removing pathological influences on our thinking – cleaning the machine. Truth of seeing means learning to see the universe objectively at our level of being; learning to see evil and good and to discern between the two. Have you read Laura's 'Wave' series? You will find guidance and many answers in those books.

Ark once described the function of the unit of consciousness as 'debugging the universe'. I think he meant that we need to identify those things in us that interfere with optimum functioning of the universe's program, so to speak, and to take steps to 'rewrite the program' – if that makes sense. That point of view takes as its starting point that we are expressions of the universe's 'program' or thought.

Gurdjieff's Five Strivings sum up the approach quite succinctly, and could, I think, be said to be the basics of learning how to be useful to the universe.

Gurdjieff said:
The first striving is to have in our ordinary being existence everything satisfying and really necessary for our planetary body.

The second striving is to have a constant and unflagging need for self-perfection in the sense of being.

The third is the conscious striving to know ever more and more concerning the laws of World-Creation and World-Maintenance.

The fourth is the striving from the beginning of our existence to pay for our arising and our individuality as quickly as possible, in order afterwards to be free to lighten as much as possible the SORROW OF OUR COMMON FATHER.

The fifth striving is always to assist the most rapid perfectioning of other beings, both those similar to oneself and those of other forms, up to the degree of the sacred Martfotai, that is, up to the degree of self-individuality.

And as the Cs said, what is important is:

Cs said:
It's not where you are, it's who you are and what you see.

Lilou said:
I just got off the phone with my tobacco store, if they have the correct More's, I can get a couple carton's posted to you on Monday. I'll also be sending another farwah (desert coat) with a note saying thanks for loaning me this during my recent visit and that I'm returning "the handbag" of yours that got mixed in with my things. ;)

If I can't get the cigs locally, I'll order & get them shipped ASAP. http://www.dutyfreedepot.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=2528

Sorry to hear Atreides is back in hospital. Please send my regards and let him know the network is behind him.

Thanks so much for caring and putting some action behind it! I'll send you the address in a PM. I think that if anyone else can find the More international (red pack) and send a few packs now and then, even just a pack a week, I could probably stockpile them for the future. That would be very helpful.

Laura said:
Lilou said:

Thanks so much for caring and putting some action behind it! I'll send you the address in a PM. I think that if anyone else can find the More international (red pack) and send a few packs now and then, even just a pack a week, I could probably stockpile them for the future. That would be very helpful.

Well, because of the stupid smoking laws in the U.S., I can't legally buy and ship ciggs to you. Would it help any if I instead send money to Boulder with the intent of buying cigarettes for you? Or is money not the problem?

Still hoping that Atreides is recovering. Do you think fresh ginger juice would help any for the infection?

Laura said:
Lilou said:

I can buy and send you 100% organic dried tobacco leafs from the peruvian rain forest for rolling cigarretes! If you like that. Well I hope everyones is feeling good.

Endymion said:
Gurdjieff's Five Strivings sum up the approach quite succinctly, and could, I think, be said to be the basics of learning how to be useful to the universe.

Gurdjieff said:
The first striving is to have in our ordinary being existence everything satisfying and really necessary for our planetary body.

The second striving is to have a constant and unflagging need for self-perfection in the sense of being.

The third is the conscious striving to know ever more and more concerning the laws of World-Creation and World-Maintenance.

The fourth is the striving from the beginning of our existence to pay for our arising and our individuality as quickly as possible, in order afterwards to be free to lighten as much as possible the SORROW OF OUR COMMON FATHER.

The fifth striving is always to assist the most rapid perfectioning of other beings, both those similar to oneself and those of other forms, up to the degree of the sacred Martfotai, that is, up to the degree of self-individuality.

And as the Cs said, what is important is:

Cs said:
It's not where you are, it's who you are and what you see.

Thank you Endymion for this. I'd just like to dwell on this particular segment of your quote form Mr Gurdjieff.

One: pay for our arising.
Eye am not aware of any contract to pay for my arising. To my mind, any arising that has and is occurring to me, is due to the loving guidance of an infinite current which i do not comprehend, but of which i am now aware, that i have made my choice to align with the creative names of DCM.

Two: Sorrow.
Sorrow belongs to the same vibratory construct as joy. They are opposites on a continuous scale of sensation. Perhaps Mr Gurdjieff was referring to the state of a limited point of DCM's awareness (which we each are) aligning itself to the illusion of ego and worship of physicality. That is, service to self - as opposed to the infinite joy of preparing oneself and channeling the creative forces that currently project us into 3rd density. That is, service to others.

Three. Our common father.
That we share a common creator there is no doubt. But to infer that our creator is male is mere patriarchal thinking. What of our common mother? To ascribe gender to the Absolute Void is misleading to say the least. We know that Absolute is intelligent (mind), is self congruent (love), and embodies identity (self). We know that each of us is a unit of its awareness, and that in that sense limited. We also know that these points of limit are infinite in terms of themselves, as a microcosmic models of the macrocosm – As above, so below.

To me, making oneself useful to the Universe can be following STS or STO. It is our choice when that choice becomes recognisable. Until it does become recognisable, there is no choice – merely automatism.

To my mind, making oneself useful to the Universe is preparing our consciousness units to embody alignment in which ever leaning we choose. Creation is a balance of light and darkness, good and evil, STO and STS. That the STS forces may be banished from this sector of the Universe does not mean that it will not exist in another. At all levels of creation there is an unerring balance – we who have evolved to the point of making a choice in free will - that is, become individuated selves, now choose worship of physicality and devolution, or allowance of the creative force of love (self congruence) and evolution.

Absolute allows all. Even my ignorance and misunderstanding. :)

LIMIT said:
One: pay for our arising.
Eye am not aware of any contract to pay for my arising. To my mind, any arising that has and is occurring to me, is due to the loving guidance of an infinite current which i do not comprehend, but of which i am now aware, that i have made my choice to align with the creative names of DCM.

Perhaps this, from the "first initiation" will clarify:

Your attitude toward the world and toward life is the attitude of one who has the right to make demands and to take, who has no need to pay or to earn. You believe that all things are your due, simply because it is you! All your blindness is there!

Two: Sorrow.
Sorrow belongs to the same vibratory construct as joy. They are opposites on a continuous scale of sensation. Perhaps Mr Gurdjieff was referring to the state of a limited point of DCM's awareness (which we each are) aligning itself to the illusion of ego and worship of physicality. That is, service to self - as opposed to the infinite joy of preparing oneself and channeling the creative forces that currently project us into 3rd density. That is, service to others.

STO is founded in Conscience. Can you think of how sorrow might relate to conscience?

Three. Our common father.
That we share a common creator there is no doubt. But to infer that our creator is male is mere patriarchal thinking. What of our common mother? To ascribe gender to the Absolute Void is misleading to say the least. We know that Absolute is intelligent (mind), is self congruent (love), and embodies identity (self). We know that each of us is a unit of its awareness, and that in that sense limited. We also know that these points of limit are infinite in terms of themselves, as a microcosmic models of the macrocosm – As above, so below.

I think you've got a point, there. But also consider that Gurdjieff was very precise in his use of gender: masculine/active, feminine/passive, and of course, between mother and father comes the child, or neutralizing force. What might our 'common father' represent?

Back
Top Bottom