Session 20 June 2009

Saša said:
Nienna said:
Okey doke. So I guess just back to the link to download the sessions from the Casschat files section, in which you first have to join casschat, which is a public forum, in order to download the sessions.

For Puma1974, here is the link for the download:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/casschat/files

Added: casschat is no longer being used, it was decided to just use this forum instead. Does anyone know if you can still become a member of casschat since it is no longer in use?

You can, i.e. I subscribed few days ago and got immediate positive reply, allowing me to access the file section and message/posts archive.

Thanks, Sasa, for letting us know. :)

SeekinTruth said:
Paddyjohn said:
Yes, I became a member just now. Am half way through downloading sessions to word file. It's time consuming, so if anyone would like a copy of mine when I complete it in around an hour please let me know.

I'd be interested in a copy and it's probably best to attach it here for anyone to read without having to go through the downloading you did. Also save it as .doc file instead of .docx before attaching so people with older versions of Word can access it. Thanks.

OK, so I have downloaded the sessions (94-02) by joining the cass-chat group. How do I save the file as a .doc or .docx and upload it for the forum? It's an .exe file extension, I just don't know how to convert it to a word file. :huh:

Arwenn said:
OK, so I have downloaded the sessions (94-02) by joining the cass-chat group. How do I save the file as a .doc or .docx and upload it for the forum? It's an .exe file extension, I just don't know how to convert it to a word file. :huh:

It may be possible that you can't because it's a program file (already been converted to a machine language), so if you had try to converting it to text, you'll see only binary codes (1s and 0s). Of course, I could be wrong.

There's also a zip-file, where one can look at each session in a HTML file, which I think can be converted to a pdf file - obviously, that'll be time-consuming to do.

Arwenn said:

As far as I know, .exe files are a type of program that only run on Windows operating systems, unless there's some kind of conversion program for Mac OS or Linux, or what have you. If you're using a Windows computer, this might help you convert it to a .doc or .docx format:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3

My guess is that the transcripts were saved/uploaded as some kind of Word or Excel .exe file, which most word processors these days don't use, as far as I know. The above link may be able to help you read the .exe and convert it to another file, but honestly I'm not sure.

H-kqge said:
SeekinTruth said:
Paddyjohn said:
Yes, I became a member just now. Am half way through downloading sessions to word file. It's time consuming, so if anyone would like a copy of mine when I complete it in around an hour please let me know.

I'd be interested in a copy and it's probably best to attach it here for anyone to read without having to go through the downloading you did. Also save it as .doc file instead of .docx before attaching so people with older versions of Word can access it. Thanks.

I'm interested too & I agree with SeekinTruth about attaching it here. It would be much appreciated. :)

I have copied all the session transcripts into a Word .doc file, but the forum won't upload it because it is too big for the upload limit. That's the message coming upanyway. The file itself is 12.7 mb. Any advice please?

In the meantime I'll put it in Dropbox and post a link.

Here is the link to the full sessions transcript that can be downloaded by members as a microsoft word document.

_https://www.dropbox.com/s/hpbgf0waime6qge/C%20Transcripts.doc

You'll need to hit the dropbox download button and 'open with Microsoft Word' to download the full document of over 400 pages.

Enjoy.

Paddyjohn said:
H-kqge said:
SeekinTruth said:
Paddyjohn said:

I'm interested too & I agree with SeekinTruth about attaching it here. It would be much appreciated. :)

I have copied all the session transcripts into a Word .doc file, but the forum won't upload it because it is too big for the upload limit. That's the message coming upanyway. The file itself is 12.7 mb. Any advice please?

I hate to state the obvious here, as i'm sure i am missing something, but can you split it into more than one document instead?

davey72 said:
Paddyjohn said:
H-kqge said:
SeekinTruth said:
Paddyjohn said:

I hate to state the obvious here, as i'm sure i am missing something, but can you split it into more than one document instead?

That would kinda defeat the object of having one resource within which we can run searches in the transcripts.

Paddyjohn said:
davey72 said:

That would kinda defeat the object of having one resource within which we can run searches in the transcripts.

Maybe compress it?
Anyway, thank you for the all-in-one doc file. :flowers:

Here are (attached) the sessions.exe (had to compress it to zip file to be able to upload it here) and sessions.zip files from casschat files section.
The exe file works under Ubuntu (Linux) with the help of Wine (which opens almost all Windows based files). The zip file contains the C's sessions in html format, which can be opened with usual web browser (Firefox, Chrome, ...).
And third one is Paddyjohn's doc file also compressed as a zip file.

edit: Compressed Paddyjohn's doc file to zip and attached it to this post.

Attachments

• -sessions.exe.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
  • -sessions.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • Cs-transcripts_1994-2002.doc.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
Saša said:
Paddyjohn said:
davey72 said:

Maybe compress it?
Anyway, thank you for the all-in-one doc file. :flowers:

Here are (attached) the sessions.exe (had to compress it to zip file to be able to upload it here) and sessions.zip files from casschat files section.
The exe file works under Ubuntu (Linux) with the help of Wine (which opens almost all Windows based files). The zip file contains the C's sessions in html format, which can be opened with usual web browser (Firefox, Chrome, ...).
And third one is Paddyjohn's doc file also compressed as a zip file.

edit: Compressed Paddyjohn's doc file to zip and attached it to this post.

Nice one, Sasa ;)

If anyone has a problem with unzipping the compressed doc file you can just download the non-compressed MS Word file from Dropbox here _https://www.dropbox.com/s/hpbgf0waime6qge/C%20Transcripts.doc

Paddyjohn & Saša thank you so much (and thank you to all others involved in the unfoldment of this part of the thread) :hug2: :flowers: all the way around

Thanks for the Transcripts. Now I can read them in chronological order. There are many I still haven't read yet.

Paddyjohn said:
Nice one, Sasa ;)

If anyone has a problem with unzipping the compressed doc file you can just download the non-compressed MS Word file from Dropbox here _https://www.dropbox.com/s/hpbgf0waime6qge/C%20Transcripts.doc

You can also find free software for this, and many other purposes here:

_ www.cnet.com

H-kqge said:
Thank you Paddyjohn & Saša. :rockon:

Yeah, thanks guys! I had read them when I first started, although the pirated ones. I didn't realize there were so many, 1800 pages! I'm thinking to print them, it may be best to do them session by session, and hole punch to fit in three ring binders.

Back
Top Bottom