Session 20 June 2009

Laura said:
The "Ba - Ha" is supposed to be used for the breathing exercise by the "guidance" CD, not pronounced by the breather! I guess that wasn't clear. You had to hear Ravi Shankar doing the "so-hum" thing to make the connection!

That made sense as it was difficult to say "ba" when breathing in (when pronouncing any sound, it's always exhale, at least for me).

As for CD, it may be difficult for me as I'm hearing impaired. I normally meditate without my hearing aid on and when I do meditate with my hearing aid on, it became a distraction and I couldn't focus. So, listening to CD would be difficult for me. Maybe I could say "ba-ha" silently (mentally) as I breathe? Not sure what would be a ideal approach but I'll experiment around with it.

Namaste said:
Laura said:
Actually, context means a lot... in this case, as "5 more years!" was finished... my mental question was "what do you mean?" and then came "2 go!" and then my mental question was "before what?" and the answer came: "0 new year!" and I understood that it meant the beginning of a new era.

This all happened silently and very fast, but it is not unusual for me to get a whole lot of information in my head as the letters of a linear bit of that info are spelled out. Those spelled out replies generally represent numerous layers of meaning which I usually get in a sort of "instant download" that is almost overwhelming. That's why it always amuses me when people come along and try to tell me what the Cs really meant and that I didn't get it. Lord, do I ever get it! Sometimes so much that there is no way to convey it all.

Sorry if i am dense here, but i am still puzzled by the "2 go".

Do we have to understand it like "To go" or are the C's talking about 2 years?

I think of it as the 'cosmic etch a sketch' sentence. Once we've been picked up and shaken, it's time to start over again. ;)

Wow. I have been reading and integrating a lot of Laura's work with the Cassies for a while now, but today I feel very compelled to share some information I've recently received that resonates with the discussion on "breath" and "life." I am a massage therapist and have been using Reiki for a few years now, and if I am committed to anything, I am committed to healing, integration, becoming whole physically, mentally, and spiritually, and so I am constantly seeking more efficient ways to do this.
Recently, I came across a website, QuantumTouch.com. According to this site, Quantum Touch is a energy healing modality, quite like Reiki, that utilizes breath and body awareness to resonate the practitioner to a higher frequency of Chi, Prana, Ki, Life-Force Energy, Love, Gravity ;), call it what you will. So, theoretically, through touch, the higher energy of the practitioner entrains the energy of the receiver so that they, the receiver, can utilize the energy to heal themselves of various conditions at a quantum level that would allow bones to literally realign themselves, chronic pain to leave, and much more. Anyway! If you have bared with me for this long, please read on because the best part of this story is that I decided to try it out! Now, having a very open mind to the infinite potential within all, I considered that the pictures on the website of severely curved spines that had realigned themselves in as little as one session might be the real deal since, theoretically, it made sense. Workshops and videos are offered, and the claim was that anyone, even children, can learn it easily. So being a reader, and having a healthy amount of skepticism, I chose the cheaper "learn by book" option.
So, I got the book in the mail, and though I had massages to do that day, I was able to take about 20 minutes to learn the breathing and body awareness techniques. In my first session, I was able to release VERY persistent knots and ease pain in tender areas by breathing into them. For any bodyworker, and the person with a big-ass persistent knot, this is revolutionary! Over the past week, since using Quantum touch ( I still use the Reiki symbols as well) I have been able to effortlessly relieve pain and tension knots that I normally have to struggle to release. My thumbs are much happier, and my clients are as well. I have not worked on anyone with spinal curvature yet, but I have experienced almost instant pain relief, a knee popping into place beneath a light touch, an elevated shoulder depressing, relieved menstrual cramps from running energy through a foot, and a few emotional releases as well. Each session is unique, and I look forward to my clients' issues with an openness to possibility and an acceptance that they and their body makes the choice of how to utilize the energy. This work can be a perfect expression of service to others (and, naturally, self) while honoring free will. And since the practitioner is allowing herself to be filled to overflowing with this energy, she, by healing, is healed. The idea is that all healing is ultimately self-healing, and this seems to be true on very many levels, if we remember that all is one.
Beyond the amazing physical benefits, the body awareness and breathing have brought a newfound sense of presence and magic into my life. I am more able to allow and receive what I need knowing that I am always a breath away from remembering myself and reconnecting to love, knowledge, and potential. I am not familiar with the art of living techniques, but am already incorporating the "ba-ha" method into my energy work and found that the energy flow feels more effortless. I believe that the Cassies have made it clear that integrating ourselves and reconnecting are essential to our expansion and I would recommend learning Quantum Touch to everyone, not just those who would like to do healing work for others. It is an excellent way to do self healing, chakra balancing, and emotional balancing. I give it to my food, water, pets, anything I love or consume. The possibilities are endless. I will be sure to post any miraculous experiences in my work as they come along, and I look forward to taking an Art of Living course soon, as well.
Thank you so much to Laura, Ark, and Company for your mind-blowing investment of time and energy towards illuminating those seeking the light. The synchronicity I experienced while reading the sessions on breathing after spending the morning working with the breath and affirmations was absolutely cosmic. Learning is fun.

Evolutionary1, when you "breathe into" a knot or spasm, what exactly do you mean? Do you make a loud breathing sound? I had one person work on me one time who made a whole lot of panting and huffing and puffing noises while working on me and it was AWFUL! A total distraction. The person sounded like she was carrying concrete blocks up stairs! I wasn't able to relax a minute and by the time it was over, I was more knotted up than when I started.

But, having said that, I'm a big fan of good body work. I sure had a lot of it done and it can work wonders.

Thanks Laura, Ark, everybody...

Personally, after reading the session, I feel elated. I'm not entirely sure why, though something about the focus on the breathing technique along with the BA/HA In/Out...is very positive. It just resonates with me, in a similar way to drinking up lots of green juice powder and red powder every day has been releasing me. I see the upcoming time as 'future open', though probablity is narrowing, but it isn't like an absolute; it's in constant flux and adjustment. It's almost like getting locked into an oncoming wave, when you're surfing. There's no perfect timing; it's a window where you can be aware, let yourself relax, take a little bit of action, stay loose and go for it! Certainly need to 'allow' your fear to release and return to its source, so you don't trip over your own feet by 'thinking' too hard. And really related to the crop circle information. I don't know what they are, but many give off a feelig. Anyway, somehow I got all of that out of the session. Shoot me, heh heh.

Evolutionary1 said:
Wow. I have been reading and integrating a lot of Laura's work with the Cassies for a while now....

Hello, Evolutionary1, welcome to the forum!

I see that you are new to the forum today. Perhaps you could post a brief intro about yourself in the Newbies section. No need to share personal information, just give us a general sense of what led you to this forum, how long you've been reading it and/or the SOTT page, whether or not you've read any of Laura's books yet, etc.

:)

Just wanted to add my thanks to all involved for the new session. It did seem (and perhaps this is just my subjective perspective) to have a positive (by comparison) flavour compared to the last 2, especially the session before the last one.
Things just seem to be getting clearer......it seems in an odd way like things coming full circle. Anyway...

I did get the quantum touch book a year or so before finding sott, and practiced the technique it suggests. If I remember correctly the basic premise is that as you breath in, you feel 'energy' move up your body. As you breath out, you feel it move down your arms and out your hands. I've used it a few times and it does seem to work ok for pain relief and relaxation of muscles. However this is just my impression of it.
Without revisiting it with the knowledge I've learnt here it does all seem a bit subjective.....as such I stopped doing it unless the situation seemed right/I'd asked permission (pain relief for my girlfriend).

One thing that made me stop practicing it was it suggested you can practice it all the time (to get stronger/better at it)....in ques at the bank...while out walking etc etc (moving energy with your breathing up your body and out of your hands).....two things occurred to me
a) it was becoming automatic and was probably changing the natural flow of things (in ways I wasn't certain where good for me)
b) where was the energy I was drawing up through me to my hands going? (feeding lizzies?!)...

I'll go back over the book at some point I think, but for the moment I'll leave it I think :)

Laura said:
Evolutionary1, when you "breathe into" a knot or spasm, what exactly do you mean? Do you make a loud breathing sound? I had one person work on me one time who made a whole lot of panting and huffing and puffing noises while working on me and it was AWFUL! A total distraction. The person sounded like she was carrying concrete blocks up stairs! I wasn't able to relax a minute and by the time it was over, I was more knotted up than when I started.

But, having said that, I'm a big fan of good body work. I sure had a lot of it done and it can work wonders.

Hi Laura. The breathing technique is a variation of circular breathing but instead of sending the breath and awareness back down, it is focused through the hands on the exhale with an intent to heal. As a massage therapist, it is very important that my client's are relaxed and enjoy their time, but it is also important for me to be comfortable, so I tend to keep my breathing quiet, though I will audibly sigh on exhalation at times to remind myself and the client to relax and to BREATHE. I have worked a few times with the heavier breathing technique to "amp up" the flow with a few clients, though I don't particularly plan to incorporate this much into my work unless I am intuitively driven to. The Cassie's statement that rapid breathing is not neccesary is actually a bit of a relief as I work at a wellness center where my clients may or may not appreciate heavy panting! Overall, the breathing has become very natural and has helped me to focus and maintain almost an empty/full meditative state which is very conducive to bodywork and makes work and life more energizing and enjoyable.

Thank you Laura and the team for this very informative session.

Helle said:
How ARE you preparing? Materialistic I mean, as in housing, food, long term plans etc.
Mentally and spiritually I know how to prepare, I feel I've been ready since I was born!

One materialistic concern I have is detoxing my body. I don't see how i could prepar in any other way (well maybe buying some warm clothes :)).
The most importat concern i have right now is to gain more knowledge, detox myself emotionally and spiritually, and to find my true "I". The information presented in above session is essential for this, especially for emotional and spiritual detox (and so much more).

Session Date: June 20th 2009

A: 5 more years! 2 go! 0 new year!

Even though the C's said 5 more years I can't get rid of a feeling of urgency when it comes to learning. (and i know this feeling is totally subjective)
I don't know how long we will have acces to SOTT and Cass pages. How long it would take the PTB to restrict/censure or otherwise neutralize the internet.
How much longer we will have access to books and other learning tools.

I think my fear program is runing rampant. :shock:

"I did get the quantum touch book a year or so before finding sott, and practiced the technique it suggests. If I remember correctly the basic premise is that as you breath in, you feel 'energy' move up your body. As you breath out, you feel it move down your arms and out your hands. I've used it a few times and it does seem to work ok for pain relief and relaxation of muscles. However this is just my impression of it.
Without revisiting it with the knowledge I've learnt here it does all seem a bit subjective.....as such I stopped doing it unless the situation seemed right/I'd asked permission (pain relief for my girlfriend).

One thing that made me stop practicing it was it suggested you can practice it all the time (to get stronger/better at it)....in ques at the bank...while out walking etc etc (moving energy with your breathing up your body and out of your hands).....two things occurred to me
a) it was becoming automatic and was probably changing the natural flow of things (in ways I wasn't certain where good for me)
b) where was the energy I was drawing up through me to my hands going? (feeding lizzies?!)...

I'll go back over the book at some point I think, but for the moment I'll leave it I think :)"

Hi Redfox. I can absolutely appreciate your caution. One reason for my post is an interest in the Cassies' opinion on Quantum Touch, especially since they have already "endorsed" Reiki and it is based on the same principles of allowing a flow of Chi that should not be able to be used for harm.

I think that it is important to remember that everyone is different and can adapt the practice in different ways. Personally, unless I am giving myself the energy through my own hands on a specific body part, I send it through cupped hands back into myself. Otherwise, I do practice the breathing with the belief that this energy is everywhere, the very fabric of creation and that if it is of a positive energetic nature, it will be absorbed by the Earth or something that it already resonates to once it leaves my hands. Sometimes I send it back down through my feet into the Earth. I have found that after 5-6 hours of massage I remain energized because I am not the source of the energy flowing through me, I just tap into a particular spectrum of the energy always around us and I am inclined to think that the Lizzies have no interest in an energy form vibrating with the frequency of love and healing--though I cannot be sure--just as "sending buckets of Love and Light" will have no effect on someone who is choosing or consumed by fear and separation. Of course, though I hope that this is the case, only time and experience will tell, and I accept that there is always more to know. I expect good things, though... :D

Mr. Premise said:
Is it "Ba ba ba ba..." breathing in and "Ha ha ha ha...." breathing out, or one long Baaaaaaa... and one long Ha.......?

"Ba ha" is not meant to be said by the breather while breathing, it will be listened to while being played on a cd player or computer to guide the breathing

Actually, context means a lot... in this case, as "5 more years!" was finished... my mental question was "what do you mean?" and then came "2 go!" and then my mental question was "before what?" and the answer came: "0 new year!" and I understood that it meant the beginning of a new era.

Thanks Laura for clarifying that sentence although still not sure what the "0 new year!" means.

Vulcan59 said:
Thanks Laura for clarifying that sentence although still not sure what the "0 new year!" means.

Think of it this way - January 1st, people in western civilizations celebrate the new year - 2010 will be the next. The next new year is '2010 new year'. (obviously there have been more than 2010 in this grand cycle, though)

So -- with the dawn of a new grand cycle, a new beginning, a 'clean slate' it will be year 0. '0 new year'.

All that is old is new again - and all that entails - the beginning of the 'next history'.

The term Year Zero, applied to the takeover of Cambodia in 1975 by the Khmer Rouge, is an analogy to the Year One of the French Revolutionary Calendar. During the French Revolution, after the abolition of the French monarchy (September 20, 1792), the National Convention instituted a new calendar and declared the beginning of the Year I. The Khmer Rouge takeover of Phnom Penh was rapidly followed by a series of drastic revolutionary policies vastly exceeding those of the French Reign of Terror and culminating in the Cambodian Genocide.

The idea behind Year Zero is that all culture and traditions within a society must be completely destroyed or discarded and a new revolutionary culture must replace it, starting from scratch. All history of a nation or people before Year Zero is largely irrelevant, as it will (as an ideal) be purged and replaced from the ground up.

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Zero_(political_notion)

Anart said:
Think of it this way - January 1st, people in western civilizations celebrate the new year - 2010 will be the next. The next new year is '2010 new year'. (obviously there have been more than 2010 in this grand cycle, though)

So -- with the dawn of a new grand cycle, a new beginning, a 'clean slate' it will be year 0. '0 new year'.

All that is old is new again - and all that entails - the beginning of the 'next history'.

Thanks Anart. So to put it another way, 5 more years to go will be the beginning of a new (year zero) era. Got it OSIT.

Back
Top Bottom