Session 21 November 2015

Thank you all very much for the session.

I will order Dr. Brownstein's book as well as ordering some lugols in order to begin the protocol.

This is really an amazing piece of the puzzle and could really benefit so many people if the knowledge is able to be transmitted to a broad audience.

Seen at the link below is an article strongly advising against iodine supplementation by those with Hashi's

http://tinyurl.com/q4h4edb

Here's is opening excerpt:

"Although adequate iodine consumption is important for thyroid hormone production and iodine deficiency is the most common cause of hypothyroidism worldwide, its supplemental use in autoimmune thyroids is contraindicated. Iodine is the major cofactor and stimulator for thyroid peroxidase (TPO). TPO is the enzyme that is under attack with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. It appears that increased iodine intake, especially as a supplement, increases the immune attack on the thyroid.(1) The extreme of this clinical expression is called the Jod-Basedow Phenomenon.(2) This phenomenon is portrayed as individuals who are iodine-deficient in conjunction with elevated thyroid antibodies. When these individuals are given exogenous iodine supplements they develop a hyperfunction autoimmune response. Although this phenomenon does take place in clinical practice at times, iodine supplementation with autoimmune thyroids does not always lead into thyroid hyperfunction. Rather one observes increased levels of TPO autoantibody levels that multiply dramatically with iodine supplements, and in many instances increased production of thyroid overactive symptoms."

Now, Dr. Kharrazian goes to say gluten is an absolute no-no for those w/Hashi's and while I've been of gluten for a couple of years I've also been off iodine even though it doesn't seem to me a good idea, I don't have data running to the contrary.

Any input ? ?

Bill

Wonderful session, So inspiring! I have just finished reading the iodine thread and so pleasantly surprised to see this new message. Been studying the Lugols solution and other supplements on Amazon off and on today and I'm ready to place a order. Also making ones own Lugols looks very promising. I'll be purchasing a 5lb. bag of the lovely, pink, Himalayan rock salt, (my favorite) as well.

Thank you all so much! :love:

Menna said:
A: As you have learned it is good to start the day with a glass of warm salted water. Then you can take more a couple of hours after your iodine.

Is there a certain type of salt to add to warm water or do we warm the water first and then add the certain type of salt. Any information in this direction will help and of course thanks for your effort in putting this session together.

Just heat water a bit and add celtic salt. Sea salt is ok too, though it can contain sea pollutants/plastics.

Good Optics said:
Seen at the link below is an article strongly advising against iodine supplementation by those with Hashi's

"Although adequate iodine consumption is important for thyroid hormone production and iodine deficiency is the most common cause of hypothyroidism worldwide, its supplemental use in autoimmune thyroids is contraindicated. Iodine is the major cofactor and stimulator for thyroid peroxidase (TPO). TPO is the enzyme that is under attack with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. It appears that increased iodine intake, especially as a supplement, increases the immune attack on the thyroid.(1) The extreme of this clinical expression is called the Jod-Basedow Phenomenon.(2) This phenomenon is portrayed as individuals who are iodine-deficient in conjunction with elevated thyroid antibodies. When these individuals are given exogenous iodine supplements they develop a hyperfunction autoimmune response. Although this phenomenon does take place in clinical practice at times, iodine supplementation with autoimmune thyroids does not always lead into thyroid hyperfunction. Rather one observes increased levels of TPO autoantibody levels that multiply dramatically with iodine supplements, and in many instances increased production of thyroid overactive symptoms."

Now, Dr. Kharrazian goes to say gluten is an absolute no-no for those w/Hashi's and while I've been of gluten for a couple of years I've also been off iodine even though it doesn't seem to me a good idea, I don't have data running to the contrary.

Any input ? ?

Bill

I would suggest reading Dr. Brownsteins book since he has lots of experience (over 10 years) with iodine and still recommends iodine for Hashimoto, but for more details have a look in the book itself (chapter 6 for example).

Good Optics said:

Any input ? ?

Bill

Brownstein has a lot about Hashimoto's disease in the book. Prolly ought to read the book and the thread which has a lot of excerpts from different papers and such.

Laura said:
Brownstein has a lot about Hashimoto's disease in the book. Prolly ought to read the book and the thread which has a lot of excerpts from different papers and such.

I so-o-o-o don't know how this forum works, I hope I don't make a mess of this post.
OK, I had a look at the 'Preview' and yup, I made a mess . . .
I'll figure this out later . . .

===============================

Anyway, I'll get on getting that book read.
An experience from years before I ditched gluten is that I took a lot of 'Iodoral' and when a good MD finally got 'round to some thyroid tests my antibodies were thru the roof. But, that might well have been due to the gluten. So, I'll just have to give it a go . . .

Thx for the f/b.

BP

Thanks everyone for the session :) The information on the iodine protocol is very encouraging, and I look forward to beginning it as soon as possible. I ordered some Lugol's last week -- it never appeared, despite the fact that the tracking information said it had been delivered, so I reported it lost and re-ordered it again tonight along with Brownstein's book. I'm also happy to hear that so many people are having good experiences with it so far -- it's a very exciting new piece to the health puzzle! And thanks to everyone who has been participating in the recent research :flowers:

Absolutely amazing....I was just going through the older transcripts and wrote down "The controversy of Zion" as an ASAP must read. Funny how things show up when they do!

Thank you for the session and the hard work to get it out to us this fast :)

Thanks so much for this fantastic session!

Like Gawan and others, I also wondered about the word 'kinder' (German for children).

As for the iodine protocol, there's a good talk by Brownstein available on youtube:

https://youtu.be/ku2lylX13h4

My wife and I are on our third day now, taking 2 x 5 drops of 12% Lugol's, along with a Vit B complex and a little vit C and apple vinegar (not at the same time). We are planning to observe how it affects us and depending on that, add Selen, niacinamide and riboflavin and/or adjust the dose.

What I can tell is that so far, it already lead to more energy, clarity of mind and also more calmness/better ability to deal with emotions. Of course, this could also be (partly) my imagination playing tricks on me... Very interesting!! Thanks again.

We calculated yesterday how much would it cost to produce 12% Lugol's solution on our own. Based on the prices of the ingredients from amazon.de 30 ml would cost 2,17 euros compared with 15,90 euros for the same amount/concentration (_http://www.amazon.de/Lugolsche-Jodl%C3%B6sung-30ml-Iodine-L%C3%B6sung/dp/B00IJZH1B4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448263415&sr=8-1&keywords=lugol%27sche+jodl%C3%B6sung). So it's definetely worth to make it on your own. Here is how:

https://youtu.be/SNXIY4InWFU

A: Relax now and enjoy the show. Goodbye.

Big Hugs to everyone for the information and especially those that networked the Iodine information. :)

Very much appreciated.

Listening, Learning and activation. :grad:

luc said:
My wife and I are on our third day now, taking 2 x 5 drops of 12% Lugol's...

What I can tell is that so far, it already lead to more energy, clarity of mind and also more calmness/better ability to deal with emotions. Of course, this could also be (partly) my imagination playing tricks on me... Very interesting!! Thanks again.

Not your imagination, luc. Myself and many others have reported increased energy levels and clearer thinking. Shortly after my first dose, I moved the sectional couch & vacuumed under it and rearranged some furniture!! I didn't realize just how listless I'd been until I finally had some energy! Amazing stuff. I'm thinking to get some Lugol's, cofactors and selenium as Christmas gifts for family this year. And the Brownstein book.

Altair said:
We calculated yesterday how much would it cost to produce 12% Lugol's solution on our own. Based on the prices of the ingredients from amazon.de 30 ml would cost 2,17 euros compared with 15,90 euros for the same amount/concentration (_http://www.amazon.de/Lugolsche-Jodl%C3%B6sung-30ml-Iodine-L%C3%B6sung/dp/B00IJZH1B4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448263415&sr=8-1&keywords=lugol%27sche+jodl%C3%B6sung). So it's definetely worth to make it on your own. Here is how:

https://youtu.be/SNXIY4InWFU

a few days ago I also made a Lugol's solution 5%, the cost of production of 100 grams of the solution cost me 1.8 euros, in Poland

Back
Top Bottom