Session 23 March 2013

Psyche said:
Carlise said:
I really need to make extra efforts to remember myself as I go through daily life, as I'm obviously missing valuable opportunities for growth...

I had something interesting happening this last week related to this. I wrote down some observations of a co-worker. They were the pretty harsh truth and written down in a matter of fact and definitely non-rosy way. It was meant to be read only by me. Later that day, as I realized I was running late for a scheduled talk, I picked up my things and went in a hurry. During the talk I wanted to write down some notes and reached out for my paper notes... which were missing. Big shock! I left it in the same office where the co-worker was working. So the talk quickly ends and I rush back to the office to recover my notes which I could only have left on the desk among other piled up papers. It was not there, it was in my coat instead. Co-worker acted as if nothing happened so all seemed to be well. It was only the day afterwards that she told me she saw my notes and that she was the one who placed them in my coat. She said this quickly among other "facts of the day" and with no added emotion. I felt pretty bad about it and also acutely aware that things were not as they looked liked. She acted as if she had read nothing, but in order to recognize they were written by me, it meant that she definitely read it. I felt pretty bad because she read something she was not meant nor prepared to read.

The cognitive dissonance was such, she either chose to ignore the whole thing or just went into denial overdrive. Immediately after this incident she reported some serious dissociation issues like nothing. People reported having some serious conversations with her which she doesn't recall at all. Things which she will usually not say in her "waking" life. She doesn't remember what she said and from the reactions of others, it must have been the pretty bad truth because they didn't necessarily reacted amusingly to the whole thing. I feel in a sense responsible for this. Someone who was not prepared nor wanted to read the truth but did because I slipped it over due to lack of awareness in my part. I have spent all these days making concerted efforts to stay acutely aware of everything to see if it helps her recover her "sanity".
<snip>

Yes, becoming able to maintain awareness is obviously a long, arduous process, as exemplified in this anecdote included in a continuing education course I took on mindfulness last fall:

After ten years of apprenticeship, a student achieved the rank of Zen teacher. One rainy day, he
went to visit a famous Zen master in another city. When he entered the house, the master
greeted him with a question, "Did you leave your wooden clogs and umbrella on the porch?"
"Yes, master," he replied. "Tell me," the master said, "Did you place your umbrella to the left of
your shoes, or to the right?"

The visitor didn't know the answer. So he stayed with the master and studied Zen for another
ten years.

Ghostdoghaiku said:
Laura said:
Excellent summary, ajseph 21. Question is: if everyone took those points and pondered them, how would they rate themselves on a scale of 1 to 10 in "performance"?

Rating our 'performance' can be deceiving, if we use that to emotionally beat ourselves forward. I think 'balance' is an important concept to keep in our back pockets. A lot of musicians I know ride themselves to pain, by their own drive for perfection. The most interesting ones come to an understanding with themselves, gather knowledge at whatever rate they can and then get out of their own way and let Nature and it's muses take their course. What muses you allow to channel, is of course about how conscious you want to be about that.

Being diligent and attempting to be as focused as you can be, is more what gets you to an ongoing state of awareness and some semblance of excellence. You can't judge your own excellence. It closes the flow of things. We're dealing with things here that are much like music---or maybe they are music in terms of universal vibration and frequencies. These things don't have an end. We're talking about the infinite.

Tell me if you think I'm wrong, but I feel that facing the right direction, having the intent to succeed and doing whatever it is that you can at any time, is the right thing to do. And then, be alright with your actions.

I see a lot of folks on the forum holding themselves to some kind of standard, where anything less then full and total realization should be considered failure, as if there is a 'normal' anything going on here. Even the Cs aren't fully realized, or they'd be floating around in 7D, no?

We should choose the direction of our destiny and then go towards it every day. No need to feel guilt ridden, but rather walk steadily toward that direction, step by step, monitoring ourselves as well, as we're capable---and enjoy the opportunity that we have been given to be taking these actions, in the first place.

After all of that, I do think a master list, as being discussed here, which could additionally be available as a PDF, would be a good resource for all of us to consider looking at when we need to refine our routines and refresh our juices.

You are doing what you are telling we should not do, limiting yourself to a standard, an assumption I bet. We haven't even tried it so we don't really know how good it works.
The cs' may not be at 7d, but it's clearly they know more than us and they didn't get there taking a 1 hour course.

Let's get this thing done and in the bag. AI, you want to take it from here?

voyageur said:
obyvatel said:
Some practical tips and tricks related to the topic of emotions, self remembering etc and preparation for tough times.

-Use active reasoning to deal with negative emotions. Example: When someone insults you, ask yourself if it was justified. If yes accept it and do better in the future. If not justified, consider that the other has made a mistake and stop bothering about it.

- Uncouple sensation from thought and feeling. Example: when angry, focus on the breath, posture and tension in the body instead of letting the energy drive imaginary thoughts.

- Accept the past and the present without resistance and wishing things to be different. Focus on learning from the past and present to prepare for the future.

- Contemplate death and impermanence constantly. Live as if every day was your last day.

- Enjoy what you have today without being attached to them. One way to go about this is to imagine how it would be to lose what you take for granted today. This keeps insatiable desires at bay and promotes contentment.

- Practice voluntary discomfort periodically. This has the benefit of hardening the spirit for any future misfortune, builds willpower and confidence as well as helping with the realization that we can make do with less than what we use today.

- End each day asking
[quote author=Stoics]
What ailment of yours have you cured today? What failing have you resisted? Where can you show improvement?

Fwiw

Why thank you obyvatel for posting these thoughts, along with a big thanks to both Ajseph 21 and Zadius Sky for initiating the points and for compiling in downloadable format - good work. :cool:

[/quote]

It's just AMAZING to learn how networking does work!

Thank you all!

I think the 1 to 10 rating question was meant in the spirit of self-awareness/observation, with the "performance" idea secondary to that. Knowing our score is a 30 may tell us that we could be doing better, but it doesn't necessarily tell us HOW we could do better.

monotonic said:
I think the 1 to 10 rating question was meant in the spirit of self-awareness/observation, with the "performance" idea secondary to that. Knowing our score is a 30 may tell us that we could be doing better, but it doesn't necessarily tell us HOW we could do better.
I agree with you that the purpose really is to take stock of ourselves. Rating ourselves each day, on each article, seems OCD, and running away with Laura's original meaning IMO. But Intothefield's Cassiopaeans Agenda seems to be a separate project that he proposed. (I still don't think it's a good idea - I'd rather he turned his talents to the design of the booklet than make that calendar thing lol)

Muxel said:
monotonic said:
I agree with you that the purpose really is to take stock of ourselves. Rating ourselves each day, on each article, seems OCD, and running away with Laura's original meaning IMO. But Intothefield's Cassiopaeans Agenda seems to be a separate project that he proposed. (I still don't think it's a good idea - I'd rather he turned his talents to the design of the booklet than make that calendar thing lol)
Muxel, what's really up with you lately? Are you being grumpy, condescending and critical for any specific reason or is something just generally eating at you and you're taking it out on the people here?

I get the impression of fear in Muxel's posts. Like that of impending doom. The impression comes from how I've observed myself during such a time and I think I see that in the patterns in the posts. I'm not knowledgeable on this, but it seems like a turnoff of system2, deferring to system1. Alternatively it could be that Muxel is experiencing pressure in a way that he has not actually prepared himself for with knowledge, and his lack of understanding is coming through.

FWIW. I have not kept up with a lot of Muxel's posts so I might not have seen enough.

I agree on the point about rating ourselves every day, but I think going through the list regularly to remind oneself is not a bad idea. The thing is, unless you read the list in a new way each time it is a ritual. One needs continual input of knowledge so that the list can be seen in a new way each time.

Laura said:
Let's get this thing done and in the bag. AI, you want to take it from here?

Sure, I'll be working on it this weekend. While I'm doing that, it would be great if other members could make a list of any additional links to use as appendices. And if anyone has any other inspirational quotes that relate to any of the 12 entries, I can include those too.

Just quick note to say I think this booklet is a great idea :)
That said, I do think references to LSD should be removed from the text. It really has nothing at all to do with the work we do here, not to mention it's illegal.

FWIW.

Alana said:
This little book is a great idea, very good job you all! :thup: It can be used as a daily "alarm clock" a la Gurdjieff's term.

Perhaps we can add images in it too, since we have so many talented artists aboard? Images can look good in black and white, if color would be too expensive to print. Perhaps the images can be symbolic of something that reminds us of Work concepts, like getting control of the horses, the power of networking, focusing on our breath and being present in everything we do, things like that. They can be simple but aesthetically pleasing, and help visual people remember better.

Would a diet section be helpful too? Or is that too peripheral to the C's teachings (watch the diet was pretty much all they said, unless I'm mistaken) to be considered for preparation?
I started writing a summary of the basics this week, but it's not exhaustive by any means. :knitting:

Anti-inflammatory
-foods which stimulate the immune system as little as possible
-allows the gut to repair its tight-junction leaks and microvilli damage from gluten, casein, etc.
-no sugar, grains, dairy, starch, legumes, nightshades, vegetable oils/trans fats and insoluble fiber
-some foods may be reintroduced in limited amounts once the gut has been repaired (do elimination testing)
Ketogenic
-no more than 50g carbs/day (often far less, and zero for those more sensitive)
-80% of Calories from animal fats (do not fear saturate fat or cholesterol)
-no more than 0.9-1.2 g protein per kg of body weight
-no more than 25 g protein per serving, to reduce mTOR activity (approx. 3.5 oz meat/egg per serving)
-increase protein intake depending on exercise requirements, repairing injuries, etc.
-bone broth and organ meats are super-foods
Micronutrients
-Vit-C is a potent antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anticancer agent
-liposomal or IV delivery is optimal
-Magnesium is a common deficiency due to depleted agricultural soils
-epsom salt baths are a potent delivery mechanism for absorption
-Iron overload
-iron can reach dangerous levels in some individuals on high-meat diets
-test serum iron, ferritin, and transferrin after being in ketosis for awhile
-phlebotomy or chelation with DMSO or EDTA are viable detox strategies
Sourcing
-organic, antibiotic- and pesticide-free, non-GMO foods as much as possible
-avoid animals fed or finished on grains
-free range, pasture-raised animals are healthiest and most ethical
Eating/Lifestyle habits
-your last meal should be >3 hours before bed
-chewing your food thoroughly (~20 bites) increases nutrient absorption
-having dimmer lights and less electronic stimulation can reduce appetite

A whole-hearted thanks to the forum for the thousands of hours of exhaustive research that has been done to produce this list. :hug:

dugdeep said:
Just quick note to say I think this booklet is a great idea :)
That said, I do think references to LSD should be removed from the text. It really has nothing at all to do with the work we do here, not to mention it's illegal.

FWIW.

I also feel quite uncomfortable with this part:

"The wave will bring a hyperkinetic sensate and all feelings will be felt. A good example would be LSD ( which produces an opening into 4D). Reading the descriptions of these trips may give you some insight as some have people have been traumatized by their own repressed negative emotions. I'm sure the wave is much more potent as your soul could be smashed by it! EE is essential
and in esoteric work the principle aim is development of the emotional centre."

I don't know if I'm to meticulous here, but stating that the wave "will bring a hyperkinetic sensate and all feelings will be felt" doesn't fit that well with me.

First off we don't really know exactly what the C's mean by the wave (even though we seem to get nearer to understanding part of it), so to state that the wave "will bring a hyperkinetic sensate and all feelings will be felt" is essentially stating an assumption as a fact.

I personally think that what the C's mean by "The Wave" is not that easily verifiable and that we have not enough data, that can support the statement that "the wave will bring a hyperkinetic sensate and all feelings will be felt". As with everything that the C's say, it should be looked at as a possibility and not as a fact (just because they have said so).

Personally, I think the wave can not be that easily pin-pointed to be coming at this or that time. I somehow get the impression that ajseph 21 thinks that the wave will hit and that this or that will happen. I personally for example think that it is possible that the wave has already begun to hit some of us for quite "some time".

The LSD thing is also something I have problems with...

In regards to LSD I wasn't advocating it's use, I was saying look at it's effects because in earlier transcipts it was said that it produced a bleedthrough to 4D. The traumatic descriptions of "bad trips" could be a wake up call for emotionally clearing yourself. It was also asked what feelings will be felt and the response was All. Things like "seeing sounds" and "hearing colors" were also described as 4d. As for it's use that's not recommended.

Muxel said:
monotonic said:

I do think it does seem somewhat overboard to be rating each day on each idea. And I didn't interpret the comment in a negative fashion. It seemed to me to be a reasonable, valid point.

On my mind lately has been avoiding ritual.

Back
Top Bottom