Session 3 January 2009

Hello All!

With regard to silk, one may want to consider the care of it along with costs. Often it is recommended that silk be drycleaned. This can become expensive along with the chemicals that will be introduced into the material. A more economical and perhaps safer alternative is to wash the silk in a salt water solution OR a vinegar (white) and water solution. This method was passed on to me by an Asian friend who claimed that this was how silk was washed by them.

If you can operate and/or have access to a sewing machine an alternative may be to sew your own blanket and headgear. Just another economical suggestion.

Some trivia I've picked up along the way: Genghis Khan's warriors wore silk in battles because arrows were less likely to pierce them owing to the close weave of the fabric. (not certain if this is fact or fiction)

Lucas said:
the sleeping bag from Ebya :
sellers wrote :

Yes, surely it is 100% natural silk.

I will buy 2 someone whant too ?

z polski ktoś chce ? będą tańsze koszty wysyłki jak dotrą wyśle na adres w Polsce Poleconym .

Just because the seller says so, doesn't actually mean that it is indeed made from 100% silk. There's just too many fakes out there on Ebay. If you look at his feedback, there is at least one buyer that questioned whether it was indeed 100% silk although he was very satisfied with the quality and price. Perhaps when you get yours, could you verify as to whether it is actually 100% silk?

Session 3 Jan 2009 said:
A: 2009 is going to be a "smashing" year.

Q: (L) Swell. (J) Comets.

A: Maybe one...?

Session 000909 said:
Q: (A) Taking into account the decreasing of the period, I came to the conclusion from all the data, that the coming visit of the comet cluster will be, most probably in the middle of 2009, with possible plus or minus 6 months. So, it will come 2009. Are these calculations correct?

A: You are doing well.

Q: (A) Is the comet cluster going to come in 2009?

A: We refrain here...

mkrnhr said:
Hi all,

They have a gold star or two already

Is it an commun English expression or had it a specific meaning?

It is a kind of reward system for young children in school or at home. When the child does some good work, they get a little gold star, usually with a sticky back to put on a wall chart.

Like this

Annette1 said:
Some trivia I've picked up along the way: Genghis Khan's warriors wore silk in battles because arrows were less likely to pierce them owing to the close weave of the fabric. (not certain if this is fact or fiction)
Sounds like fiction. Silk threads can be very resistant but you can never wave fabric so tightly to make it impenetrable for arrows. Otherwise it would be a well known fact on battle fields since those times.
Or so I think. But maybe Gingis Can warriors wore it for protection on energy levels ;)

Vulcan59 said:
Just because the seller says so, doesn't actually mean that it is indeed made from 100% silk. There's just too many fakes out there on Ebay.
I was gonna say the same thing.
7 GBP just doesn't sound right for 2m long sleeping bag lining made entirely out of silk.

Session 3 Jan 2009 said:

Session 000909 said:
Q: (A) Taking into account the decreasing of the period, I came to the conclusion from all the data, that the coming visit of the comet cluster will be, most probably in the middle of 2009, with possible plus or minus 6 months. So, it will come 2009. Are these calculations correct?

Funny, even before I read this I had this funny notion comets are coming this year for my birthday ( which is at the end of June). Lets wait and see

T.C. said:
It is a kind of reward system for young children in school or at home. When the child does some good work, they get a little gold star, usually with a sticky back to put on a wall chart.

Yes, and because of this, the phrase 'gold star' is used colloquially in American culture to describe any kind of achievement.

I say if you can afford it follow the CS advice, even if not for protection from harmful radiation following should be enough:

SILK PROS

Lightweight - Sleeping under one is like sleeping under a light fluffy cloud. They are lightweight yet warm in the winter and cool in the summer.

Breathable – The silk floss filling in a silk comforter is composed of many layers of silk, usually around 150 in a high quality comforter. This allows it to absorb moisture from the body and release it into the air. It is especially wonderful for people who suffer from excessive sweating at night such as those who suffer from night sweats or hot flashes.

Better than down – This is not a statement I take lightly because I was a huge fan of down comforters for years. But since I suffer from dust mite allergies, down was not good choice for me. Dust mites don't like silk so they avoid it. Silk has a natural protein and amino acids that help it repel dust mites, mold, and mildew. And, silk fibers are lighter than down fibers which makes silk comforter warm and cozy without feeling heavy on you. Another benefit of silk over down is that silk does not seep out of the comforter cover like down does nor are there any pesky hard ends of feathers poking you.

Good for the body – I don't know if there is scientific proof of this or not, but the amino acids that are naturally found in silk are supposed to delay wrinkling of the skin and be good for a person's hair. Silk contains a natural cellular albumen fiber which is said to contribute to the health of skin by speeding the metabolism of skin cells which slows down the aging of the skin. The amino acids found in the silk are supposed to help with the relief of joint pain, asthma, arteriosclerosis, and insomnia.

Long lasting – a high quality silk comforter can last for many years. One company says they have customers who have been using the same silk comforter for 30 years. That is a strong testament to silk's durability and strength.

Silk is one of nature's wonder products It is the strongest natural fiber in the world and yet incredibly soft and smooth. No wonder silk and the secrets to making it were a secret the Chinese guarded closely for over 2,000 years. But luckily for the rest of the world, the secret is out and silk is available world wide.

SILK CONS

Cost – there is no getting around the fact that a high quality silk comforter and cover is doing to be an investment. The manufacture of silk is a time consuming, exacting, and demanding process.

Care – a silk comforter cannot be treated like other comforters. Silk batting does not like to be laundered. An occasional airing out is all that is required. For that reason a duvet cover is a necessity. But, what happens if something is spilled on a silk comforter? It will need to be cleaned – professional cleaning is best. If things get spilled on it often, the frequent cleaning required will shorten the life of the silk. That's it. Those are the only two negative things I can think of when it comes to silk comforters. Now for the good news about silk comforters

Funny, even before I read this I had this funny notion comets are coming this year for my birthday ( which is at the end of June). Lets wait and see

Hi Deckard,

Couldn't resist this: have a "smashing" birthday this year!! ;)

Vulcan59 said:
Hi Deckard,

Couldn't resist this: have a "smashing" birthday this year!! ;)

Thanks will do my best, in the meantime I was considering treating myself with pair of knitted silk pyjamas for men ( sheesh :scared:, there is a whole silk subculture out there) for "measly" 62 GBP, not sure though if any respectable man should have delicates in his washing :umm:

From Wikipedia, about WiFi channel pollution:

Wikipedia said:
Standardization is a process driven by market forces. Interoperability issues between non-Wi-Fi brands or proprietary deviations from the standard can still disrupt connections or lower throughput speeds on all user's devices that are within range, to include the non-Wi-Fi or proprietary product. Moreover, the usage of the ISM band in the 2.45 GHz range is also common to Bluetooth, WPAN-CSS, ZigBee and any new system will take its share.

Wi-Fi pollution, or an excessive number of access points in the area, especially on the same or neighboring channel, can prevent access and interfere with the use of other access points by others, caused by overlapping channels in the 802.11g/b spectrum, as well as with decreased signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) between access points. This can be a problem in high-density areas, such as large apartment complexes or office buildings with many Wi-Fi access points. Additionally, other devices use the 2.4 GHz band: microwave ovens, security cameras, Bluetooth devices and (in some countries) Amateur radio, video senders, cordless phones and baby monitors, all of which can cause significant additional interference.

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi

So most current WiFi has a carrier frequency around 2.4 GHz, that's a wavelength of around 0.125 meters, so maybe it is possible that silk has properties that would deflect or shield from this portion of the electromagnetic spectrum.

...As well as the UV portion, evidently...

From PepperFritz's post in this thread:

"Putting the Special Properties of Silk to Work"
Japan Close-Up, September 2002

In his pursuit of new functions for silk protein, Nagashima studies of silk in powder form revealed a previously unknown property of silk with groundbreaking potential, namely the UV (ultra-violet) ray inhibiting properties of silk protein taken from cultivated or farmed silkworms. Nagashima showed moreover that the cocoons of the yamamayuga type of silkworm or wild Japanese oakworm (antheraea yamamayuga) provide even stronger protection against a wider range of UV rays than farmed silkworms.

UV is in the THz range

Session 3 Jan 2009 said:

Session 000909 said:

Are we talking an increased rate of cometary activity in general terms as in small comets here and there, or are we talking more of comets that have the potential to destroy cities and such? :huh:

EDIT: To be more specific:

C Sessions said:
Q: (L) Is it true that at regular intervals the sun radiates massive amounts of electromagnetic energy which then causes the planets of the solar system to interact
with one another to a greater or lesser extent?
A: Other irregular pulsations determined by external vibrational events.
Q: (L) The sun is not the source of the periodicity of "dyings", is that correct?
A: Sometimes. Many causes.
Q: (L) Well what is the cause that recurs like clockwork? Is there some cause that is a regular pulsation?
A: Cometary showers.
Q: (L) Where are these cometary showers from?
A: Clusters in own orbit.
Q: (L) Where is the orbit of these clusters? Is it the Oort cloud?
A: No.
Q: (L) Where is the orbit of clusters of comets located?
A: More specific.
Q: (L) A specific orbit containing clusters of comets?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) Does this cluster come into the plane of the ecliptic and cause havoc in the solar system?
A: Exactly.
Q: (L) How often does this cluster of comets come into the plane of the ecliptic?
A: 3600 years

Q: (L) Now, this cluster of comets, when was the last time it came into the solar system?
A: 3582 yrs ago?
Q: (L) What is the cycle?
A: 3600 yrs.
Q: (L) So, when is this cluster expected to hit the plane of the ecliptic again?
A: 12 to 18 years.

Q: (L) So the cluster of comets is going to come before the return of Christ??
A: Yes. But return is just one event not the whole thing.

Q: (L) You have told us through this source, that there is a cluster of comets connected in some interactive way with our solar system, and that this cluster of
comets comes into the plane of the ecliptic every 3600 years. Is this correct?
A: Yes. But, this time it is riding realm border wave to 4th level, where all realities are different.
Q: (L) Okay, so the cluster of comets is riding the realm border wave. Does this mean that when it comes into the solar system, that its effect on the solar
system, or the planets within the solar system, (J** or us), may or may not be mitigated by the fact of this transition? Is this a mitigating factor?
A: Will be mitigated.

Sorry I don't have the session numbers on hand at the moment

MrGullible said:
Hey dantem, you may already know this but you can use your computer as a router.

Thanks MrGullible, but I usually switch off my PC while other PC's are still running inside the house. Also think it's an useful practice this one, expecially after having read what 'Detox or Die' :ninja: has to say about plasticizers and gases emanating from electrical equipment.

I'll probably go shopping for that magic 'carbon paint(?)' Lucas has mentioned, hoping that it would not be more toxic than a normal one - whoa, sorry, I'm getting a bit paranoid here. Got two WiFi networks around, I'll have to ask the neighbors in which room they keep 'em, and by now I have only an old silk hat filled with holes...

Here's the article where an odd EM sensitivity, the paint and other remedies are mentioned:

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/133265-Electro-sensitivity-EMF-and-WIFI-one-woman-s-saga

Thanks datem for the link!

At least the PTB cannot claim outright that EM is not dangerous, all inclusive.

Dan

Sierra Trading Post is a pretty good place to get deals on expensive clothing, silk included. It can be tough to find the right size, but the price is usually right. I think they buy up large lots of last year's styles and stuff like that, so they can sell it at a big discount.

Deckard said:
7 GBP just doesn't sound right for 2m long sleeping bag lining made entirely out of silk.
it is better to not to decide the quality based on cost. I am not saying every thing that comes from the region is of good quality either. I got a 10 stitched undershirts with 6m* 3 M silk cloth less than $20 from india, ofcourse my brother in india bought it and got it stitched.

Back
Top Bottom