Session 30 August 2014

Puma1974

Jedi Council Member
I have been doing cold showers for about a week now. I live in a cold area near the mountains. Here we have the tradition of a bath called temazcal. This was practiced by ancient Mexicans, where they combined hot shower with cold shower.

Temazcal is a ritual made inside a cave or bath like womb, where the hot shower, that it is steam from medical herbs, means the mother's womb. Your body sweats a lot. Then comes the cold shower outside the cave or bath that means the birth. Some people sing lullaby songs inside the temazcal cave or talk about life in general.

Ancient Mexicans believed that this bath purified your body an soul:

"In ancient Mesoamerica it was used as part of a curative ceremony thought to purify the body after exertion such as after a battle or a ceremonial ball game. It was also used for healing the sick, improving health, and for women to give birth. It continues to be used today in Indigenous cultures of Mexico and Central America that were part of the ancient Mesoamerican region for spiritual and health reasons. It is currently being recovered by all sectors of society in that part of the world and is used as a cleansing of mind, body and spirit."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temazcal

I've been doing the same, I start with a hot shower and the rest of my shower is with cold water. Only in the beginning i start to shiver, then the body get used to the cold... and like they said... "Oh my god, this is crazy!" One feels very very relaxed
 

Anthony

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Puma1974 said:
I have been doing cold showers for about a week now. I live in a cold area near the mountains. Here we have the tradition of a bath called temazcal. This was practiced by ancient Mexicans, where they combined hot shower with cold shower.

Temazcal is a ritual made inside a cave or bath like womb, where the hot shower, that it is steam from medical herbs, means the mother's womb. Your body sweats a lot. Then comes the cold shower outside the cave or bath that means the birth. Some people sing lullaby songs inside the temazcal cave or talk about life in general.

Ancient Mexicans believed that this bath purified your body an soul:

"In ancient Mesoamerica it was used as part of a curative ceremony thought to purify the body after exertion such as after a battle or a ceremonial ball game. It was also used for healing the sick, improving health, and for women to give birth. It continues to be used today in Indigenous cultures of Mexico and Central America that were part of the ancient Mesoamerican region for spiritual and health reasons. It is currently being recovered by all sectors of society in that part of the world and is used as a cleansing of mind, body and spirit."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temazcal

I've been doing the same, I start with a hot shower and the rest of my shower is with cold water. Only in the beginning i start to shiver, then the body get used to the cold... and like they said... "Oh my god, this is crazy!" One feels very very relaxed

This is my experience as well, but I'm always glad afterwards for sticking with it.
 

gottathink

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
I don't think it's shivering. I wonder if the shaking is a neurogenic tremor which is a mammalian stress release response , trauma release exercises bring this on also and my work with clients through a reiki type energy work has been inducing tremors in people over the past year and a half. Have a look at Peter Levines work and that of David Bercelli both have been mentioned in this forum. Neurogenic tremoring is the most powerful self healing tool for stress, pain and tension I have ever come across. Huge complement to EE. Big changes that really are significant, people report feeling calmer, have more clarity and don't get wound up about the things they used to. I have experienced this also.


This is something I've been considering as well. Regarding neurogenic tremors, I found this interesting video on bioenergetic stretches, some of which are designed to induce shaking in order to release what the author calls "neurotic holding patterns". I've checked out a few of his videos, and he seems to base his theory on the work of Alexander Lowen. I'd like to know your thoughts on this kind of self-trauma release, if you have any.


Interesting you say this is a huge complement to EE. I had one of David Bercelli's videos in my possession a while back and worked on the exercises which certainly do produce pronounced shaking and tremors. The difference between these and my experience with EE is that the Bercelli exercises seemed to produce a decidedly 'external' trembling. I got the impression it was simply the kind of shaking which one experiences after lifting heavy weights. When I do the Ba-Ha portion of EE it feels like the origin of the shaking is very much from the inside and then travels outward if that makes sense.

During Ba-Ha I often notice an internal 'hum' which builds and transforms into full shaking and this of course (well, for me at least) is accompanied by distinct and varying emotions arising which often feel like a powerful release or 'remembering'. I guess I passed off bercelli's exercises as somewhat inferior to the Ba-ha portion of EE as the trembling seemed to just effect the outward muscular system and was lacking both this 'internal' sensation as well as the accompanying emotional experiences attained with EE. Still, I only practiced it once so perhaps it's worth a revisit.

Hi Carl and Zenith,
Awesome, I had not heard of Alexander Lowen, and watching the video, David Bercellis work and exercises are just another version of the exact same thing. I am going to look more into Bioenergetic exercises. I actually like Alexander Lowens work more, it seems more comprehensive. Obviously it would be more physically challenging for some less physically able people and Bercellis exercises are a little more gentle. I often have thought that indigenous peoples have tribal dances etc that the tremors when they start seem to emulate. Zenith I understand what you are saying, the tremors definately change and develop as you practice more and more, they travel. I have been able to induce them rapidly in different parts of the body which people aren't able to do themselves when working in my clinic. We even have people joggly and dancing around the room. There is an energy and current flowing it feels and it just started happening spontaneously with my clients when I put both my hands on them. I now can control the current flow and intuitively am guided to where they need to be. I think the tremoring stimulates release in the psoas and EE stimulates release in the diaphragm, these two muscles have a common origin on the lumbar vertebrae 1-5. The other interesting thing as if people are on my treatment table and lying down , they often drop into a deep relaxation state, it is like a switch has flipped, my clients describe it as not really being here, still here and conscious but deeply relaxed. It is interesting, they will be chatting away and as soon as I feel the current start to flow they will stop talking all of sudden and drift into deep relaxation. They are aware of the relaxed state and like I said still conscious. This I think is the vagus nerve being stimulated and here again we have the link to EE. I am very interested about your thoughts and perhaps this needs to go into another thread?
 

Ariadna

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
SAO said:
loreta said:
A shower of 15 minutes it is too much. Here in Spain we pay for the water, it is not free. So 15 minutes of water is impossible. What is the minimum I can shower? Two days now of cold shower, I love this. I have to say that it is cold water but I really don't know the exact temperature. But I was loving very hot showers. And now the contrast is very interesting, just cold water on me is very invigorating, I feel my body much more, my muscles, my bones under cold water. It is like a new way to feel the skin, the blood... And I feel relax after the shower. I think it is a fantastic idea this cold protocol. Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences concerning this subject. And thanks to the C's. :)

I would recommend buying a water saving shower head. Do a google or amazon search, there's a bunch of products out there. It can dramatically cut water usage so you can stay in the shower for 15 minutes and use about as much water as previously you used in 5 minutes, for example.

Thanks Laura and crew for share the session.

I measured water temperature. Now in Spain, this is about 28 ° C, away from the target. My method is as follows:
- First days I took showers with water at room temperature.
-After this I thought taking baths with ice. I added a little more ice everyday. Progressively lowering the temperature. First 24 ° C, then 20 ° C then 18 ° C and 15 ° C finally.
- I'm on my second day at low temperatures (15 ° C)

This may be a little expensive and laborious. But I think it may be worth. The point is to be prepared, not only for the Ebola virus. There are many other viruses that can make life difficult for us, and this may also keep them at bay. If Protocol works with such aggressive Ebola virus, it will work with other.



We'll be ready when the cold comes and with it the seasonal virus.
 

Puma1974

Jedi Council Member
Laura said:
Session Date: August 30th 2014


Q: (L) So, if there's a demon out there that has it in for somebody, they can use an animal to attack that person. Is that kind of it?

A: Close.

Q: (Pierre) Castaneda talked about that.

(L) He did?

(Pierre) Yeah, he talked about "special animals" that had special spirits.

END OF SESSION

Castaneda talked about the Nagual or man of knowledge. This nagual concept has two meanings: one esoteric and one for the people. In ancient Mesoamerica the common people believed that the shamans or "brujos" had the ability to become animals, elements of nature, capable of acts of brujería (witchery) but for the man of knowledge this was non sense. Nagual is one individual who through esoteric work is considered a link with the sacred, and therefore he/she is holy.

In Mesoamerican mythology a nahual or nagual means the "the hidden", "within" "the spirit". The meaning of nagual as a person with the ability to make magic and become animals is a way to keep the people out of occult knowledge. Like satan for the Christians.
 

Lumiere_du_Code

Jedi Council Member
don't wake a sleeping dragon...:
Q: (Alada) Well, China is so big, but it's so relatively quiet...
A: Still waters run deep and strong. The USA and allies are in for a rude and painful awakening.

As possibility of third world war exists, China needs to be prepared
By Han Xudong (Global Times), September 16, 2014

As the Ukrainian crisis deepens, international observers have become more and more concerned about a direct military clash between the US and Russia. Once an armed rivalry erupts, it is likely to extend to the globe. And it is not impossible that a world war could break out.

The world war is a form of war that the whole world should face up to. During human evolution, the world war has entered its third development phase.

The first phase took place between nomadic societies and farming groups. The second phase was featured by colonial wars, with WWI and WWII as its special representatives.
Currently, the world has entered an era of new forms of global war.

Outer space, the Internet and the sea have become the battlefields of rivalry. Technology is the key, and the number of countries involved is unprecedented.

The rivalry on the outer space and the Internet takes place with the rivalry on the sea as the center stage. During WWII, some major powers attached significant importance to the sea.

Alfred Thayer Mahan, a US military strategist who died in 1914, coined the notion of sea power. He advocated valuing the naval forces, commercial fleet and overseas military base, which served for wars on the land.

But nowadays, we stress the importance of power in the sea. Judging from the contention of the global sea space, the Arctic Ocean, the Pacific and the Indian Ocean have seen the fiercest rivalry. It's likely that there will be a third world war to fight for sea rights.

In an era when a third world war may take place, an important topic for the Chinese military is how to develop its power to maintain its national interests.

This should become the basis for its development, because since the founding of the PRC, the development of its military forces has been centered around maintaining its rights on the land. As the rivalry on the sea grows intense, China's military development should shift from maintaining the country's rights on the land to maintaining its rights on the sea.

Meanwhile, China is standing at the focal point of rivalries. This requires China to develop its military power based on a global war. China is in the heartland of the Arctic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean and the Indian Ocean.

The development of China's sea power touches the nerves of many countries. China needs to develop its military power to avoid being squeezed to a passive position.


China's overseas interests have spread all over the world. As the US has been shifting its attention to the Asia-Pacific region, especially aiming at China, China's overseas interests have been increasingly threatened by the US.

Without large-scale military power, securing China's overseas interests seems like an empty slogan.

The long-range or overseas combat capabilities of China's sea and air forces are quite limited yet. If we don't view the development of sea and air forces with a farsighted view, we will face various restraints when building up the combat capabilities of sea and air forces or maintaining overseas interests. This will lead to the backwardness of China's sea and air forces.

China should not be pushed into a passive position where it is vulnerable to attacks. We must bear a third world war in mind when developing military forces, especially the sea and air forces.

The author is a professor at the PLA National Defense University.

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/n/2014/0916/c90000-8782955.html
 

mabar

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Lumiere_du_Code said:
don't wake a sleeping dragon...:
Q: (Alada) Well, China is so big, but it's so relatively quiet...
A: Still waters run deep and strong. The USA and allies are in for a rude and painful awakening.

As possibility of third world war exists, China needs to be prepared
By Han Xudong (Global Times), September 16, 2014

Few days ago Pope Francis in his Saturday speech talked in terms of III World War
_http://rt.com/news/187576-pope-francis-war-italy/ said:
Pope Francis has compared the current situation internationally to a third World War “fought piecemeal, with crimes, massacres and destruction.” Calling wars irrational, the Pontiff lamented conflicts are often “justified by an ideology.”

"War is irrational; its only plan is to bring destruction: it seeks to grow by destroying," Francis said while visiting Italy’s largest war memorial Saturday. "Greed, intolerance, the lust for power. These motives underlie the decision to go to war and they are too often..."

"War is madness” which “ruins everything, even the bonds between brothers” the Pope said as he recalled the Genesis story of how Cain killed his brother Abel.

"Humanity needs to weep and this is the time to weep," Francis said in the homily of a Mass.

Francis has also spoken during a mass at the Italian First World War memorial at Fogliano di Redipuglia, in northern Italy, where more than 100,000 fallen Italian soldiers are believed to be buried in the military graveyard.

“Here lie many victims. Today, we remember them. There are tears, there is sadness. From this place we remember all the victims of every war. Today, too, the victims are many,” the Pope said.

"Even today, after the second failure of another world war, perhaps one can speak of a third war, one fought piecemeal, with crimes, massacres and destruction," Francis said. “And these plotters of terrorism, these schemers of conflicts, just like arms dealers, have engraved in their hearts, ‘What does it matter to me?’”

In the past few months, Francis has repeatedly called for the end of military conflicts in Ukraine, Iraq, Syria, Gaza and throughout Africa.

In July, he also made an emotional appeal to the world, calling to stop war, especially in the Middle East and Ukraine, saying that the children who live in conflict zones are suffering most and are deprived of hope and a future.

During his visit to Korea in August, the Pope said that humanity was in the midst of a Third World War.

“Today we are in a world at war everywhere. A man said to me, ‘Father, we are in World War III, but spread out in small pockets everywhere.’ He was right,” Francis said at the time.

As we say in town, the donkey talking about ears, anyways, maybe he knows something.
 

Hesper

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Leonel said:
I have been doing cold showers for about a week now. I live in a cold area near the mountains. Here we have the tradition of a bath called temazcal. This was practiced by ancient Mexicans, where they combined hot shower with cold shower.

Temazcal is a ritual made inside a cave or bath like womb, where the hot shower, that it is steam from medical herbs, means the mother's womb. Your body sweats a lot. Then comes the cold shower outside the cave or bath that means the birth. Some people sing lullaby songs inside the temazcal cave or talk about life in general.

Thanks for the info Leonel! It took me a couple weeks to build up the courage, but I'm on my 3rd day of cold baths. I have to put in the Eiriu Eolas DVD to make it through them. I'm looking forward to today's though. :)
 

Iron

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
That was a fun session to read. And a very informative one as well.
I was doing cold showers for skin health, gave up some weeks ago. Maybe I should start doing them again.
 

s-kur

Jedi Council Member
Okey, yesterday i've finished recommended-three-weeks-cold-protocol, every day i took cold bath (10 C, sometimes it was 7-8 C). Benefits recieved during the experiment:

-I've notice cold tolerance(here, in Kamchatka, evening\morning temperatures about 9-11 C at the moment ) and remaining on the street while smoking in shorts and t-shirt doesn't causes discomfort and trembling
-It's easy to wake up in the morning (at the same time, every morning i waked up with a short-time nasopharynx aches...like a gluten\cold flu\something else inflamination *, i want to check butter and coconut oil again)
-It's more and more easy to fall asleep even without melatonin\EE pipe breath\POTS
-While there is cold flu period in Kamchatka it's don't disturb me, even herpes, though i'm contribute to flu\herpes in the spring\autumn may be (*) point seems like a immunity's struggle against virus (BTW, with ketogenic diet herpeses are too rarely disturb me.)
-Fastest restoration after trainings.

Also i notice this things:
-If feet long time in water it causes more intensive shivering you've after procedure.
-If i don't eat much fat before procedure the "yesterday's 10 C water " was like colded much more...I mean, without fat it was more difficulty.
-In the beginning of protocol shivering after procedure was surface-intensively , in the middle-end (12-21 day) it was like rare deep short inner shakes of the body.
-Head watering after lying in the bath initially cause skin aches, but later it's became OK
 

goyacobol

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I have had about 22 cold showers to date and it is a little easier but still "intentional suffering" to an extent. I have not been as scientific as Okey and I commend his report.

I found that it helped to record some music (about 4 songs) totaling 15 minutes so I could know how long I had been showering. Before I just set a timer on my cell phone for 15 minutes but it seemed like forever for the time to pass. The music song increments helped me pass the time a little better FWIW. I also think it helps me fall asleep easier. The fat intake mentioned below may be something to check out too.

Okey, I found that eliminating fluoride in drinking water and toothpaste helped with the herpes sores in the mouth that I used to get. Of course the ketogenic diet helps too I am sure. I eliminated the fluoride first and later started the ketogenic diet as best I could follow one.


s-kur said:
Okey, yesterday i've finished recommended-three-weeks-cold-protocol, every day i took cold bath (10 C, sometimes it was 7-8 C). Benefits recieved during the experiment:

-I've notice cold tolerance(here, in Kamchatka, evening\morning temperatures about 9-11 C at the moment ) and remaining on the street while smoking in shorts and t-shirt doesn't causes discomfort and trembling
-It's easy to wake up in the morning (at the same time, every morning i waked up with a short-time nasopharynx aches...like a gluten\cold flu\something else inflamination *, i want to check butter and coconut oil again)
-It's more and more easy to fall asleep even without melatonin\EE pipe breath\POTS
-While there is cold flu period in Kamchatka it's don't disturb me, even herpes, though i'm contribute to flu\herpes in the spring\autumn may be (*) point seems like a immunity's struggle against virus (BTW, with ketogenic diet herpeses are too rarely disturb me.)
-Fastest restoration after trainings.

Also i notice this things:
-If feet long time in water it causes more intensive shivering you've after procedure.
-If i don't eat much fat before procedure the "yesterday's 10 C water " was like colded much more...I mean, without fat it was more difficulty.
-In the beginning of protocol shivering after procedure was surface-intensively , in the middle-end (12-21 day) it was like rare deep short inner shakes of the body.
-Head watering after lying in the bath initially cause skin aches, but later it's became OK
 

s-kur

Jedi Council Member
goyacobol said:
I have had about 22 cold showers to date and it is a little easier but still "intentional suffering" to an extent. I have not been as scientific as Okey and I commend his report.

I found that it helped to record some music (about 4 songs) totaling 15 minutes so I could know how long I had been showering. Before I just set a timer on my cell phone for 15 minutes but it seemed like forever for the time to pass. The music song increments helped me pass the time a little better FWIW. I also think it helps me fall asleep easier. The fat intake mentioned below may be something to check out too.

Okey, I found that eliminating fluoride in drinking water and toothpaste helped with the herpes sores in the mouth that I used to get. Of course the ketogenic diet helps too I am sure. I eliminated the fluoride first and later started the ketogenic diet as best I could follow one.

Fortunately, our water flouride-free and toothpaste i use flouride-free too..In winter i'll try snow\ice in the bath, but initially i must prepare to it and take bath with lowest temperatures:minutes. Really, all my life i was thermophilic and just now i'm discover as far as good i feel in the cold, and how high temperatures opress me and causes slackness.
 

Keit

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
s-kur said:
I found that it helped to record some music (about 4 songs) totaling 15 minutes so I could know how long I had been showering. Before I just set a timer on my cell phone for 15 minutes but it seemed like forever for the time to pass. The music song increments helped me pass the time a little better FWIW. I also think it helps me fall asleep easier. The fat intake mentioned below may be something to check out too.

Right now I am in the process of getting over a cold, so had to stop the cold showers, but when I did take them (decided to go gradually, with only 5 minutes at 10-12C), I put a "What? Where? When?" show (in Russian) in the background. It helps to distract when trying to figure out the answer. :) Maybe something similar (like Jeopardy?) could be helpful as well.
 

Rabelais

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
loreta said:
SAO said:
loreta said:
A shower of 15 minutes it is too much. Here in Spain we pay for the water, it is not free. So 15 minutes of water is impossible. What is the minimum I can shower? Two days now of cold shower, I love this. I have to say that it is cold water but I really don't know the exact temperature. But I was loving very hot showers. And now the contrast is very interesting, just cold water on me is very invigorating, I feel my body much more, my muscles, my bones under cold water. It is like a new way to feel the skin, the blood... And I feel relax after the shower. I think it is a fantastic idea this cold protocol. Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences concerning this subject. And thanks to the C's. :)

I would recommend buying a water saving shower head. Do a google or amazon search, there's a bunch of products out there. It can dramatically cut water usage so you can stay in the shower for 15 minutes and use about as much water as previously you used in 5 minutes, for example.

Thanks for the idea. I will look for that.

The restricted flow shower heads will definitely save water, but another option might be to fill the tub deep enough to fully immerse yourself. You could fill the tub with the water saver shower head and time how long it takes to fill to the desired depth. That way you could make a water cost comparison, shower vs bath.
 

liam1310

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
ive been easing into these cold showers haven't had a hot shower in a few days nothing to measure water temp its cold enough
to lose my breath for a second just keep telling myself this is good :D
cant last long at the moment few minutes it so refreshing afterwards
ill put on some tunes next time and stay in longer
 
Top Bottom