Session 30 August 2014

lainey said:
... I find my right arm tends to flap about even for a while after I have turned off the shower. I just let it do its thing until it stops by itself. I can't help but think there is a connection to trauma being trapped in the body like in Peter Levine's book; in an unspoken voice. So allowing the body to run through these little spasmodic movements is somehow helpful in releasing something stuck inside? I don't know, just a thought.
Outside of cold adaption :), I have found that following Levine's protocol - in allowing 'these little spasmodic movements is somehow helpful in releasing something stuck inside is helpful.' It usually happens to me in the evening when I am tired.

lainey said:
Aragorn said:
One thing that helps me when I hit maximum cold in the shower, is to do a little "running" on the spot where I stand. It helps to distract the mind until the coldness doesn't bother anymore. At least that's my experience.
I find this running on the spot is involuntary in my case. :lol: Once the water gets icy cold I just start dancing and kicking about like a mad thing. My right side tends to go more than my left. I find my right arm tends to flap about even for a while after I have turned off the shower. I just let it do its thing until it stops by itself. I can't help but think there is a connection to trauma being trapped in the body like in Peter Levine's book; in an unspoken voice. So allowing the body to run through these little spasmodic movements is somehow helpful in releasing something stuck inside? I don't know, just a thought.

I didn't read Levine's book, but from my modest understanding of somatics it is the case. So, as you described, just allowing the body to go through the experience and be with it, observe it, feel, move with it, is the key for releasing. So, that's all it takes, to experience, not avoiding or blocking anything, not trying to change or affect anything. Like when you self observing, you don't change anything, just observe and experience it. My understanding is that it is similar to that, same principles, but only this is maybe different kind of experience. Hold on and keep on experimenting with that!

Prodigal Son said:
lainey said:
... I find my right arm tends to flap about even for a while after I have turned off the shower. I just let it do its thing until it stops by itself. I can't help but think there is a connection to trauma being trapped in the body like in Peter Levine's book; in an unspoken voice. So allowing the body to run through these little spasmodic movements is somehow helpful in releasing something stuck inside? I don't know, just a thought.
Outside of cold adaption :), I have found that following Levine's protocol - in allowing 'these little spasmodic movements is somehow helpful in releasing something stuck inside is helpful.' It usually happens to me in the evening when I am tired.
It actually happened to me again this morning while I was practicing EE. I was on stage one of the three stage breathing and I found myself moving in very small anticlockwise circular movements. I was sitting cross legged on my bed and my spine and head were doing these wee circles very gently. It made me think of the gyroscopic movements mentioned here
Magnetite, spinning and meridians https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,4818.0.html
Pierre said:
You probably know about the principle of a dynamo :

wikipedia said:
The dynamo was the first electrical generator capable of delivering power for industry. The dynamo uses electromagnetic principles to convert mechanical rotation into an alternating electric current. A dynamo machine consists of a stationary structure which generates a strong magnetic field, and a set of rotating windings which turn within that field. On small machines the magnetic field may be provided by a permanent magnet; larger machines have the magnetic field created by electromagnets.
Could human beings apply some of those principles to themselves ?

session 941028 said:
Q: (L) "Bringers of the Dawn" advised spinning, is this advisable for all of us?
A: Major yes.
The Cs have been rarely so clearcut about their answers. Maybe that the human body plays the role of the "rotating windings". But in a dynamo, the rotating part can be magnetized.

970607 said:
Iron is an element of blood, hemoglobin, and is easily magnetized... there is some new work about iron and
magnetite in the brains of people who are psychic or have 'abduction' experiences... is it the magnetism?
[/b]A: Yes....
And in a dynamo a "stationary structure which generates a strong magnetic field" is also required

wikipedia said:
Earth's magnetic field (and the surface magnetic field) is approximately a magnetic dipole, with one pole near the north pole and the other near the geographic south pole. An imaginary line joining the magnetic poles would be inclined by approximately 11.3° from the planet's axis of rotation. The cause of the field is probably explained by dynamo theory. The magnetic field extends several tens of thousands of kilometres into space as the magnetosphere.
Spinning or not, human beings live in the earth magnetic field. Following this dynamoanalogy, what would be the location of the human beings magnetic poles ?

session 980221 said:
Q: What happens when the chakras are grounded?
A: What happens to you?
Q: Well, a circuit is closed and energy flows out of you. When you are grounded energy flows out of you or through
you... A: Or in.
Q: Why?
A: Would you do Reiki with high heels on?
Q: No. You take your shoes off.
A: Why?
Q: So that you complete the circuit so the energy comes into you to give to another person.
A: Yes.
Apparently the electromagnetic flow enters throught the feet/basal chakras, and go up to the 7th chakra.

So, if human beings can be conductors, we can wonder about the way that the energetic flow follows between the two poles.

session 981225 said:
Q: What grid are we talking about? An EM grid...
A: Yes. Meridians...
When the humarn circuit is close the governing vessel and the conception vessel are one. From the basal chakra to the top of the head, going through each of the seventh chakras/centers.

Maybe that human beings are not solely energy conductors there seems to be a refining/transduction/transmutation process happening at the same time :

session 971122 said:
: What is the 'prime matter' of the alchemical process?
A: H2O.

Q: What? (Ark) Water can be in different states.
A: Heavy water. Q: What is heavy water? (Ark) Instead of normal hydrogen, you have hydrogen atoms with two neutrons. It is used in
atomic plants.
Does it refer o the hydrogen frequencies described by Mouravieff (H192, H96, H48,...) being specific to each centers/chakras frequency. The chakras energetic activity would carry the transformation of normal water into heavy water. From H196 to H2

We can notice a lot of analogies between earth and human beings.

stationary structure that generates magnetic field :
for earth : the sun
for humans : the earth

mechanical movement :
for earth : revolution
for humans : spinning

Magnetized rotating matter :
for earth : magma including iron
for human : wtaer/blood including iron

Circuit :
for earth : grid made of meridians
for humans : the main meridian : governing vessel + conception
vessel

Energy flow entry point (the lower point of the meridian) :
for earth : southern pole
for humans : basal chakra

Energy flow exit point (the higher point of the meridian)
for earth : north pole
for human : crown chakra

Maybe that's why it's recommended to spin to the left, like planet earth.

no-man's-land said:
I just finished my first week doing cold showers. 15 minutes with 16 degrees Celsius, though I still cant jump under the shower head right away but have to cool down my feet, legs and arms first, then the head and finally the rest.

At the beginning it's a stare down contest between me and the shower head, this cruel thing who is going to spew icy spears of pain^^. Its really interesting to experience how long 15 minutes can be. Somewhere I read that after the first week things will change and one will begin to enjoy it, but I guess this was a cunning lie to trick people into it because it hurts the same way since day one, no sign of enjoyment whatsoever.

Okay, so today was my first attempt at this. I set the water to what seemed to be 15 celcius, but I have no thermometer to use so im not sure what it actually was set at. I decided to jump in right away. That was a sort of a big shock to me, but I'm canadian - so im already used to it. In the course of about 30 seconds, I started shivering - but stayed in the shower for 10 minutes. After about 60 seconds, the shivering turned into convulsions (nearly). It was tolerable, though. What surprised me was after I got out of the shower .. I had VERY intense pain in my ears, neck, and jaw instantly, which I didn't seem to notice at all while in the shower. It seemed to spread rapidly from my ears first, outward towards my jaw, then down my neck. It didn't spread any further than that. The intensity of the pain lasted a solid 5 minutes, then slowly tapered off over the next 10 minutes. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this, or if this is normal, or what ?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks !

I

Mildain said:
no-man's-land said:
I just finished my first week doing cold showers. 15 minutes with 16 degrees Celsius, though I still cant jump under the shower head right away but have to cool down my feet, legs and arms first, then the head and finally the rest.

At the beginning it's a stare down contest between me and the shower head, this cruel thing who is going to spew icy spears of pain^^. Its really interesting to experience how long 15 minutes can be. Somewhere I read that after the first week things will change and one will begin to enjoy it, but I guess this was a cunning lie to trick people into it because it hurts the same way since day one, no sign of enjoyment whatsoever.

Okay, so today was my first attempt at this. I set the water to what seemed to be 15 celcius, but I have no thermometer to use so im not sure what it actually was set at. I decided to jump in right away. That was a sort of a big shock to me, but I'm canadian - so im already used to it. In the course of about 30 seconds, I started shivering - but stayed in the shower for 10 minutes. After about 60 seconds, the shivering turned into convulsions (nearly). It was tolerable, though. What surprised me was after I got out of the shower .. I had VERY intense pain in my ears, neck, and jaw instantly, which I didn't seem to notice at all while in the shower. It seemed to spread rapidly from my ears first, outward towards my jaw, then down my neck. It didn't spread any further than that. The intensity of the pain lasted a solid 5 minutes, then slowly tapered off over the next 10 minutes. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this, or if this is normal, or what ?

I

How is your diet look right now? Did you also put you head/face under the cold shower?

Hi Pashalis, thank you for responding.

I have transitioned fully to the Ketogenic diet. It took almost a year and a half as I had difficulty cutting some things out, but have been consistently in ketosis for a little over a week now.

I didn't want to attempt the cold shower thing until I was sure I was ketogenic. I can now confirm that (with reasonable certainty), as I have a strange and sweet taste in my mouth for the last week and from what i have read this is a symptom of ketosis.

My diet now consists of mostly bacon, eggs in the morning, and some pork or beef for dinner. I regularily have decaf coffees each day (usually one medium sized cup), and I take it upon myself to try and make bone broth regularily, and then adding in some low-carb vegetables (Mushrooms, Zucchini, green peppers, sometimes i throw in stewing beef or pork, or even cooked bacon), as well as I save the fat from the bacon that I cook every morning and add this into it every time I make a new batch. i usually have a bowl 3-5 times a week. I also drink my own hot chocolate from pure 100% cocoa powder (20% fat kind), and I use 35% whipping cream with it. usually this is also one cup a day, but not always as whipping cream is darned expensive.

Yes, I was exposing my entire body to the cold water.
Anything ideas?

Thanks

Mildain said:

I
I wouldn't worry about the head and neck ache. I got the same thing my first time, but never again after that. It comes from tensing up your muscles in the cold water. The trick to to relax into the water and not tense up or hyperventilate.

Also, immersion in a bath can be easier than a cold shower in my experience.

Mildain said:
Hi Pashalis, thank you for responding.

I have transitioned fully to the Ketogenic diet. It took almost a year and a half as I had difficulty cutting some things out, but have been consistently in ketosis for a little over a week now.

I didn't want to attempt the cold shower thing until I was sure I was ketogenic. I can now confirm that (with reasonable certainty), as I have a strange and sweet taste in my mouth for the last week and from what i have read this is a symptom of ketosis.

My diet now consists of mostly bacon, eggs in the morning, and some pork or beef for dinner. I regularily have decaf coffees each day (usually one medium sized cup), and I take it upon myself to try and make bone broth regularily, and then adding in some low-carb vegetables (Mushrooms, Zucchini, green peppers, sometimes i throw in stewing beef or pork, or even cooked bacon), as well as I save the fat from the bacon that I cook every morning and add this into it every time I make a new batch. i usually have a bowl 3-5 times a week. I also drink my own hot chocolate from pure 100% cocoa powder (20% fat kind), and I use 35% whipping cream with it. usually this is also one cup a day, but not always as whipping cream is darned expensive.

Yes, I was exposing my entire body to the cold water.
Anything ideas?

Thanks

Hey Mildain, you will want to read Why milk is so evil http://www.sott.net/article/225467-Why-Milk-Is-So-Evil for why dairy should be removed from the diet; replace it with a chocolate fat bomb perhaps? Same with the green peppers as i believe it's a nightshade; suggested vegetables are green beans. I can't remember whether they're not advised because of their effect on cognition (as with aubergines) or just many have allergies and so they should be reintroduced to check for sensitivities. And the decaf coffee is probably better to be replaced by either fresh normal coffee or black tea. I have a coffee fat bomb instead - it helps buffer the caffeine (for me anyway) and still permits me a daily coffee, the fat does the rest.

Just some pointers. And -if you haven't already - everybody is advised to read through all of the threads - keto path to transformation etc.. - regarding transitioning to Keto before they do, because it can have quite an effect on the body. This way you can mitigate any issues and learn from others experiences. Other than that, it looks like you're on your way :) Others will chime in if i've missed anything or advised incorrectly, but i'm fairly sure these are the basics.

itellsya said:
Hey Mildain, you will want to read Why milk is so evil http://www.sott.net/article/225467-Why-Milk-Is-So-Evil for why dairy should be removed from the diet; replace it with a chocolate fat bomb perhaps? Same with the green peppers as i believe it's a nightshade; suggested vegetables are green beans. I can't remember whether they're not advised because of their effect on cognition (as with aubergines) or just many have allergies and so they should be reintroduced to check for sensitivities. And the decaf coffee is probably better to be replaced by either fresh normal coffee or black tea. I have a coffee fat bomb instead - it helps buffer the caffeine (for me anyway) and still permits me a daily coffee, the fat does the rest.

Just some pointers. And -if you haven't already - everybody is advised to read through all of the threads - keto path to transformation etc.. - regarding transitioning to Keto before they do, because it can have quite an effect on the body. This way you can mitigate any issues and learn from others experiences. Other than that, it looks like you're on your way :) Others will chime in if i've missed anything or advised incorrectly, but i'm fairly sure these are the basics.

Hi itellsya,

I am aware of the milk article, and I have read it - I dont get any problems with the 35% fat cream though, but I do get problems with milk, half and half cream, table cream, and just about any milk product. i've cut all those out in favor of whipping cream, so I decided on that and based on what i read and tried switching to this. It doesn't seem to affect Ketosis either, and I find that I drink less because im satisified with a medium sized or small cup of hot chocolate (100% cocoa powder from Bulk Barn, a major retailer in canada that sells bulk produce of all types)

As for the the green peppers - I didn't know that they were nightshades.. I didn't have any issues with them, I normally only add a small amount to the soups I make. I'll have to do some reading about that. I already do not eat onions, tomatoes, etc because I get problems with them (bloating and gas). I will try eating some green beans instead after I do some reading to see if I have issues.

I can't drink regular coffee, as It gives me major stomach pains, so I switched to decaf and no more problems.

Mr. Premise said:
I wouldn't worry about the head and neck ache. I got the same thing my first time, but never again after that. It comes from tensing up your muscles in the cold water. The trick to to relax into the water and not tense up or hyperventilate.

Also, immersion in a bath can be easier than a cold shower in my experience.

Okay, so I was hyperventilating and my muscles were going crazy. I will try the bath tonight and see what happens. Should I go buy a thermometer to make sure the tempurature is right?

Thanks guys.

Okay, so I suddenly have an immune response to something. A fever has developed within 4 hours, as well as dryness in my mouth and throat. Is it a good idea to continue the cold bath / showers while having this response ? I haven't taken one today yet.

:shock:

If it were me, I wouldn't do a cold bath if running a fever. Hope it's nothing serious and you feel better soon, Mildain. :flowers:

Well see, this is the funny thing .. i feel fine, despite the fever and dry mouth / throat.
That's never happened before, ever.. thanks for your feedback ;)

Can anyone else add some opinion into this ? It would be appreciated ..

Hello Mildain, quite a few of the forum members have purchased this shower thermometer:
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/0-69-C-Temperature-Alert-Function-Waterproof-Digital-Shower-Thermometer-/171225231226
I ordered mine yesterday. You can get ordinary thermometers from Ebay for 99p.
Sorry, I can't help with your symptoms. Hope you feel better soon :)

Speaking of spasms, my leg has been twitching like mad after my cold baths. I've been dealing with sciatic nerve pain for awhile now and it is slowly working its way out.
I actually made the mistake of staying in the tub a little too long in which case I was cold for an hour afterward. It's easy to adjust and just relax into it when the water is still.
The calmness of mind it brings is great at the end of the day and I've been sleeping better than I have in years. :thup:

Mildain said:
Well see, this is the funny thing .. i feel fine, despite the fever and dry mouth / throat.
That's never happened before, ever.. thanks for your feedback ;)

Can anyone else add some opinion into this ? It would be appreciated ..

I'm feeling the same kind of pain in the skin when the water is below 16 degrees C. Your symptoms may or may not be related to your cold showers, it is hard to tell. But maybe you should approach things a little bit slower, drink more and rest? The body always needs time to adapt to new conditions. And there is no rush! :)

Back
Top Bottom