Session 4 July 2015

What an inspiring piece of prose!!

When a great ship is in harbor and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But … that is not what great ships are built for.

…This comes with much love and prayer that you remember who you came from, and why you came to this beautiful, needful Earth,

Clarissa Pinkola Estés

SeekinTruth said:
I remember reading that by Clarissa Pinkola Estes on SOTT a couple of years ago. It's a great summary of how we just need to keep putting one foot in front of the other and carrying on. We do this because of who we are and who we are becoming more and more, not necessarily for the concrete outcomes, but just because it is what's in us to do....

Indeed, it is here: http://www.sott.net/article/270110-We-were-made-for-these-times

Un grand merci à Gandalf pour ce texte qi plein de sagesse... Love

A big thank you to Gandalf for this text qi wise ... Love

nicklebleu said:
gottathink said:
That is awesome, the gift some people have with language! Thank for reposting it.

Ditto - made me cry ...

It is a powerful message. I did not cry, but became overwhelmed with emotion. Thanks for posting!

Prometeo
the idea that most of our problems at social levels are because of psychopaths is debatable. They have a brutal pathological effect, but if they are like 5% and changed the world in this way, it makes me question the will of humanity. How could 5% control things? where is the other 95%?

"Where are the other 95%?" is a good question. Unfortunately there appears to be plenty of evidence that the five percent who are essential psychopaths have a disproportionately negative effect on the rest of the population and culture in general. Also, many areas where the people in charge have a lot of power over others and society; like politics, military, police force, medicine, religion, etc.; these professions attract a much higher percent of psychopaths who then are in positions of power and able and HAPPY to do great harm. Keep in mind that successful psychopaths can fool even the most astute professionals who are watching for them. So, most of the 95% are being fooled by the psychos at large! Read the following SOTT article and the book itself, as well as Dr. Martha Stout, and Dr Hare's Without a Conscience to really get a better feel of how much damage this 5% can have on the rest of the world.

http://www.sott.net/article/298921-Book-review-of-Snakes-in-Suits-When-Psychopaths-Go-To-Work

Yeah, I don't deny the evidence. Maybe you didn't read my post carefully, I mentioned Andrew who focus on the pathologization of society. Indeed I know how psychopaths are, and how they function. So I see part of the process of domination, through violence and such, which points then to the authoritarian personality who can't question authorities. But still, I think there's more to it than that, there must be a process needed to be described so that we get, why societies always fall for a psychopath.

Data created a post which quotes Gurdjieff about it. Pity, may be related to why psychopaths win. But Andrew describes the process in a way, that makes the psychopath be like just a random pathological dude, who got in the power out of luck! like, the door was open and the psychopath takes the opportunity. The characteropath comes and charms, but it appears all the interesting process of pathologization, uses and depends more on pathological individuals, who are not the essential psychopath, as if it is a process which needs more from the other pathos than that of the psychopath, who comes at the end, whenever the opportunity let's him gain the trust of others. The psychopath goes from an instrumental attitude, to be an arm with full institutional thought, as if his will is of the institution is working on, as if this backs the psychopath up, or if this is the way they gian trust. Then, from using the instutition, to using others for him and the institution, the institutiion becomes his image.

I see in the psychopath indeed good traits combined with the worse. The psychopaths who reach power are doing something right, or someone who pities the psychopath is doing it right.

Even between psychopaths, the successful ones with political or militaristic careers are rare to me, I don't see the mayority of psychopaths being a top notch advanced human, I see the psychopath as a moron, an asshole. A person who lacks creativity in any way. So how, such a pathetic being can become something so damn dangerous? do the psychopath succeeds for a trait of a psychopath, or it does because of one lacking faculty in human beings? or maybe from a lack of awareness? a fear for imperfection? why? how humans also create the conditions for a psychopath to succeed? why is it that some humans to enjoy serving the psychopath.

The psycho is not a devil dressed as a nasty devil, but more like one weak saint wich abuses of good will. On the need from most of all people to live in security, in peace. We can start moralizing it, but becomes irrelevant, moralization of things have never helped us.

shellycheval said:
Prometeo
the idea that most of our problems at social levels are because of psychopaths is debatable. They have a brutal pathological effect, but if they are like 5% and changed the world in this way, it makes me question the will of humanity. How could 5% control things? where is the other 95%?

"Where are the other 95%?" is a good question. Unfortunately there appears to be plenty of evidence that the five percent who are essential psychopaths have a disproportionately negative effect on the rest of the population and culture in general. Also, many areas where the people in charge have a lot of power over others and society; like politics, military, police force, medicine, religion, etc.; these professions attract a much higher percent of psychopaths who then are in positions of power and able and HAPPY to do great harm. Keep in mind that successful psychopaths can fool even the most astute professionals who are watching for them. So, most of the 95% are being fooled by the psychos at large! Read the following SOTT article and the book itself, as well as Dr. Martha Stout, and Dr Hare's Without a Conscience to really get a better feel of how much damage this 5% can have on the rest of the world.

http://www.sott.net/article/298921-Book-review-of-Snakes-in-Suits-When-Psychopaths-Go-To-Work

I view it as a kind of Catch 22: You can not limit or stop or reign in the psychopaths without abridging their free will; which in turn would dampen your own FRV if you are leaning toward STO alignment: Part of the lesson of STO candidates in a 3D STS environment. Also dovetails nicely with all the 'be not of this world' / 'their reward is in this world' type of wisdom teachings. i.e. You can't 'win' without becoming like 'them'.

BHelmet said:
I view it as a kind of Catch 22: You can not limit or stop or reign in the psychopaths without abridging their free will; which in turn would dampen your own FRV if you are leaning toward STO alignment: Part of the lesson of STO candidates in a 3D STS environment. Also dovetails nicely with all the 'be not of this world' / 'their reward is in this world' type of wisdom teachings. i.e. You can't 'win' without becoming like 'them'.

If you can educate people about the toxic mental effect of psychopaths, the people can use their free will to choose to not to associate with them and not to spread their twisted ideas.

Shellycheval, merci pour votre lien très intéressant... Shellycheval, thank you for your very interesting connection ...

Prometeo said:
Yeah, I don't deny the evidence. Maybe you didn't read my post carefully, I mentioned Andrew who focus on the pathologization of society. Indeed I know how psychopaths are, and how they function. So I see part of the process of domination, through violence and such, which points then to the authoritarian personality who can't question authorities. But still, I think there's more to it than that, there must be a process needed to be described so that we get, why societies always fall for a psychopath.

Interestingly, the topic came up around here recently since we are digging into the new germ theory of disease as is in the book by Paul W. Ewald, "Plague Time". It seems that when the Cs made the remark about parasitical infestation, it may very well have had something to do with this problem you are considering.

A: You should know that these bloodlines become parasitically
infected, harrassed and tinkered with whenever a quantum
leap of awareness is imminent.

Q: Whenever a quantum leap...

A: Such as "now."

Consider what we have learned about toxoplasmosis gondii and how it makes mice vulnerable to cats and changes the personalities of humans as well?

What about all these other pathogens that we are now learning about that obviously must be increasing terrifically in the global population right along with the increasing epidemics of cancer, autoimmune disorders, obesity, etc?

Well, what if these pathogens also make individuals weak and susceptible to psychopaths? Like "induced submission and niceness"?? That is to say, we ought to be studying physical pathology right alongside psychopathology. "As above, so below" at all scales. Different types of pathogens at the micro scale could help us understand pathways of societal infection, some pathogens analogically representing different types of psychopaths.

For example: there are some infectious agents that jump on you, make you very sick, and kill you, but you don't infect many people because you die first. That's like the murdering psychopath. They're the unsuccessful kind because they get caught and stopped. Then there are other types of pathogens that invade your body and find places to hide. They linger and do incremental damage, little by little. They break you down and destroy your body. Those are the ones that spread like a psychopath or spellbinder that spreads ideas.

There's a virus that gets inside, has itself reproduce like a leader would do converting his minions with paramoralisms... But there are others that hide inside other cells and they go unnoticed. They give their thoughts, their DNA, to the cell and they can go for years without doing anything. But whenever the system is weak, BOOM! Rather similar to being infected by a pathogen that changes your thinking thus making you submissive to psychopathy, even almost to the extent of being one by proxy.

In a sense, Lobaczewski talked about this a bit when he described the family in Austria consisting of the two brothers and an evil sister who pathologized their minds from early childhood. That happens to most of us by exposure to our social "norms" which, when you really think about some of them, are purely pathological.

Yeah, I think Laura is definitely onto something. Weakening populations en mass through chronic health issues is a powerful way of breaking down resistance (especially if the pathogen also changes your attitudes and personality). Plus, the pathological types have been infiltrating all areas of influence for millenia and spreading their toxic influence throughout society. And, also, Laura has written in the past (particularly for Dot Connector and also carried on SOTT) that the psychopaths are a caricature of things that humans used to share and long for, but now fall for the counterfeit because the non-pathological humans are so traumatized and inhibited in their natural, healthy relationships - when a psychopath observes what "normal" people long for and manipulates that to get what they want, the only defense is a deep awareness and continual Work on the self. Or so I think.

fabric said:
Thanks so much for the session. So inspiring!

It makes me think of lighthouse (actually, didn't the old SoTT logo have lighthouse in it?). You see, not many people ever get to see one in person, unless you make an effort to visit one. But they do a very important job, guiding ships to safety and warning of dangers for those in the open waters. The lighthouse simply comes on at night and shines it light for whomever may need it. It doesn't care whether it helped one ship or a thousand, just that its reason for being is to be there to shine that light. And now, when it's really dark, that beacon of truth that is SoTT (and the forum) is shining even more brightly, guiding those that wandering in the deep dark waters of reality, those looking for anything that can shed some light this wild mess we're in. You never know who that might be. Though the effect may not be so obvious sometimes, I do from time to time see someone that doesn't have anything to do with SoTT or the forum post an article or a link and that gives me a little bit of hope!

Besides, there ain't nothing wrong with preaching the choir! :D

Thanks for this Fabric. :)

SeekinTruth said:
Yeah, I think Laura is definitely onto something. Weakening populations en mass through chronic health issues is a powerful way of breaking down resistance (especially if the pathogen also changes your attitudes and personality). Plus, the pathological types have been infiltrating all areas of influence for millenia and spreading their toxic influence throughout society. And, also, Laura has written in the past (particularly for Dot Connector and also carried on SOTT) that the psychopaths are a caricature of things that humans used to share and long for, but now fall for the counterfeit because the non-pathological humans are so traumatized and inhibited in their natural, healthy relationships - when a psychopath observes what "normal" people long for and manipulates that to get what they want, the only defense is a deep awareness and continual Work on the self. Or so I think.

A: For all forum members: Do not lose heart. Just remember that if you do all you can, yourselves in the future will bridge the gap. You are all potential transducers of information into chaos. Let that information be love/truth. Goodbye.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potential
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage
And
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potential_energy

Back
Top Bottom