Session 7 May 2016

I sing it like Laura does. After trying and trying to get the feel of it. It is a beautiful song and the more I sing it the more uplifting and joyful it becomes. To me anyway.
Thank you for this song and the crystals!

Tuatha de Danaan said:
Thank you Joe for Laura's version.
Thank you also Timotheos for your two versions.
No excuses for bad singing now!

Waiting for my crystal makes me feel Laura has made real the surreal.

Thank you Laura and girls, the C's and all on forum who constantly give their
advice and support.

Ditto here! Thank you for all your hard work :) :flowers: Sooo looking forward to receiving the crystals and in the meantime I shall practice the song and playing the chords as posted.

I just want to say that they are beautiful all versions of the song, Laura, you're so calm and serene voice, a very beneficial effect in these crazy times.

Thank you Laura and Joe for posting the modified lyrics with chords . I also like the Laura acapela. She sings very nice and gently and calm.
So i have a nice material for practicing now. I`m a terrible singer , but i`ll try to do my best.

And i`m still waiting for my crystals to arrive.

I really appreciate this. :perfect: :violin:

Joe said:
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xafAvUxaby0

Laura just recorded the 'straight up' version, acapela. Here it is.

That is a lovely rendition, Laura! it's going on the MP3 player for travelin' singin' :cool2: :flowers:

Cleo said:
Kay Kim said:
Thank you Joe, for posting a Laura's singing "In the Garden of The Universe."
It is so beautiful, and somehow easy to follow singing with Laura's voice.
Now I need lots practice to make it perfect.

Agree, thank you for posting the above! Also thanks for the versions shared by Timotheos. Looking forward to singing along to these versions.

I've been practicing the song at voice lesson but in the key of F (teachers recommendation). Really interested now though to try practicing in the key of G. Also, I've been practicing to the original lyrics (to start out with) but plan to change that here soon and practice with the modified lyrics at lesson. My teacher is on the piano so a matter of writing over some of the original lyrics with the modified lyrics in the sheet music I have.

I was singing a bit low for my range because we thought it would be a good mid-range for ladies and gents. Also, we played around a bit with music, adding voices and stuff, but decided in the end that for simply learning the correct melody line and phrasing, a capella was probably best. We understand that not everyone is a native English speaker nor necessarily a singer so trying to make it easy.

Menrva said:
Joe said:

That is a lovely rendition, Laura! it's going on the MP3 player for travelin' singin' :cool2: :flowers:

Yes, the MP3 version is very helpful, thank you so much Laura and Joe! Now this song will always be with me in my player and I can practice singing it any time. Laura's voice sounds so calming and healing, very beautiful.

:wizard: :love: :flowers:

Siberia said:
Menrva said:
Joe said:

Yes, the MP3 version is very helpful, thank you so much Laura and Joe! Now this song will always be with me in my player and I can practice singing it any time. Laura's voice sounds so calming and healing, very beautiful.

:wizard: :love: :flowers:

Yes, thank you for this Laura! You have a lovely singing voice! Just sang a few rounds with you, and it felt a lot more powerful and uplifting than when I've sung the song alone or with piano accompaniment. Definitely added to my list of travelin' singin'! :love: :flowers:

maxtree said:
I sing it like Laura does. After trying and trying to get the feel of it. It is a beautiful song and the more I sing it the more uplifting and joyful it becomes. To me anyway.

To me too! I sang the melody and intonation like in Laura's demo after listening several times to the version sang by Elvis Presley and Meryl Streep during the last two weeks or so. Now it will be easier with Laura's song because it is very easy to follow, unlike the one of Meryl Streep!

Thanks again! I'm enjoying this song more and more. :love: :wizard: :flowers:

Laura said:
Yes. And be aware that Timotheos isn't exactly singing the melody all the way through but the harmony. He's such a great harmony singer that he often shifts into the harmony parts!

That's funny, I thought I was singing the melody! :halo: It was kind of accidental, because I learned the song from that video with the 3 guys singing in harmony. I picked out parts of the melody that I 'thought' was the most prominent or lead voice, but in fact it was the harmony part. So yes, the version you recorded is the correct one.

Thanks again for the enormous effort that has gone into this crystal project. I eagerly await the arrival of my crystals. I tried to listen to Laura's version but was unable to as I can't seem to open the attachment. It might have something to do with the fact that I'm on an old MAC with an outdated web browser. Does anybody have any suggestions for accessing attachments through the forum?
Thanks so much.

Joe said:
Laura said:
Konstantin said:
I like it :rockon: , and i preffer it in the Key of G. :)
Yesterday after i come from work i was trying to learn the original text and melody of this song , because i've never heard it before.
And i was practicing the Johnny Cash version , and i like it very much. Its not very hard for playing it on guitar , but its a little more harder for singing.

So i`ll continue practicing :)

Yes. And be aware that Timotheos isn't exactly singing the melody all the way through but the harmony. He's such a great harmony singer that he often shifts into the harmony parts!

Laura just recorded the 'straight up' version, a capella. Here it is.

The key is G and the guitar chords (for those interested) would be (original lyrics)

VERSE 1

G
I come to the gar-den a-lone,

C G
While the dew is still on the ros-es,

D7 G A7 D7
Nature's voice I hear, Fall-ing on my ear, The universe dis-clos-es.

CHORUS

G D
And she walks with me, and she talks with me,

D7 G
And she tells me I am her own,

G B7 Em C G D7 G
And the joy we share as we tar-ry there, None oth-er has ev-er known.

VERSE 2

G
Nature speaks, and the sound of her voice

C G
Is so sweet, the birds start their sing-ing,

D7 G A7 D7
And the mel-o-dy That life gives to me, With-in my heart is ring-ing,

CHORUS

VERSE 3

G
Knowledge stirs and its movements so true

C G
The sun dawns to highlight its glory

D7 G A7 D7
And the light it brings, dancing with those beams will grace my whole life's story.

CHORUS

Thanks, Joe for Laura's MP3. Laura's voice says so much in a cappella that the emotion really comes through to me. It is very touching to me. I would have never in a million years thought this song would be on our song list. It is sentimental to me because my dad used to sing it a lot and I always liked the words and music.

Thank you for the guitar chords with the words. It is really the same chords I have been using. I do throw in some variations for my own amusement but your version will help anyone looking for the chord progression and for playing on other instruments as well. :)

I've listened to the both versions by Timótheos and by Laura (thank you!) which has been very helpful to learn the lyrics and the melody and finally have decided to record my own, kind of more dynamic version to practice :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I received my crystals today. I love the silk wrappings and the notebook. :)

The crystals look like little babies in those clothing. :D

I just have some small questions:

Q: (L) Healing crystals will get sung to, the water crystals get sung to, the protection crystals get recited to, and maybe we could even sing a little bit of the Psalm or tone it or something while we're doing it. Like our brass bowls or something like that?

A: Yes

Q: (Galatea) Besides crystals and salt, what else could we add to our water to amplify the effects?

A: Nothing.

So I sing to my water crystal and dream crystal? And recite the Psalm to two protection crystals? And after we take out the water crystal can we add the salt into that water?

I received my crystals yesterday - and have been singing to them and reciting the lovely prayers. Thank you all so much!

Have already noticed my dreams are much more vibrant and very active. Also, I am having a burst of energy today and a have been cleaning and rearranging things. Something very powerful has been activated and I am feeling a positivity I have not felt in ages.

Timotheus and Joe - thank you for the recordings and for posting Laura's rendition. Big hugs to everyone. :hug2:

Back
Top Bottom