several questions about validity

SilverJeep said:
anart said:
SilverJeep said:
RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!!!!! :)

Hi silverjeep, do you know 'walkingon'?

Nope, just could see all this coming. Had to go make popcorn.

You could have "sat back and watched the show" without posting. You could have also posted a reply to walkingon's post that was relevant. I'm curious if this is the way you deal with such situations in your own life? Do you just sit back and "enjoy" it?

walkingon said:
I've read a decent amount of material related to this site, including all of the transcripts, montalk's site, the ra channelings, Beelzebub's tales to his Grandson, In Search of the Miraculous, the Gnosis series, and most of this site with an open mind. I'm very familiar with this stuff, though I don't believe the really far fetched stuff (the c's transmissions, aliens, NWO, illuminati, conspiracy, etc, etc)
AAAHH, but have you read 'a decent amonunt' of the Wave series. Now there's a challenge for an earnest truth seeker.

And what exactly was it that you wish to validate? As far as I am aware, this forum does not validate parking tickets.

nothing much to add here. walkingon, it is blatantly clear that you either have an agenda with this, you're angry over this site's existence, or you are immature/young or emotionally disturbed.
you seem intellectually adueqate enough to figure out why your statements have generated the reactions above, so good luck with the introspection and hopefully some new insights about yourself.
my suggestion would be to start working with the concept of intellectual arrogance and, perhaps, the possibility of an inherent condescending approach towards subjects you're unfamiliar with. :)

truth seeker said:
SilverJeep said:
anart said:
SilverJeep said:

You could have "sat back and watched the show" without posting. You could have also posted a reply to walkingon's post that was relevant. I'm curious if this is the way you deal with such situations in your own life? Do you just sit back and "enjoy" it?

It's called humor. Relax.

SilverJeep said:
truth seeker said:
SilverJeep said:
anart said:
SilverJeep said:

It's called humor. Relax.

I thought it was funny! And considering we share our house with 7 dogs, I had a pretty good visualization. A couple of them have bites much worse than their barks!

truth seeker said:
SilverJeep said:
anart said:
SilverJeep said:

I would prefer this thread not be distracted with offbase overanalysis based on a simple statement with humorous intent. As a lurker, I see this happen so often on these forums. I saw it as humor immediately, because the original post was calling into question everything that this site stands for and was bound to receive a flurry of replies. If you didn't think it was funny, ignore him. I don't want to read a flame war between you and silverjeep which has nothing to do with the OP.

redwraith33 said:
I would prefer this thread not be distracted with offbase overanalysis based on a simple statement with humorous intent. As a lurker, I see this happen so often on these forums. I saw it as humor immediately, because the original post was calling into question everything that this site stands for and was bound to receive a flurry of replies. If you didn't think it was funny, ignore him. I don't want to read a flame war between you and silverjeep which has nothing to do with the OP.
There is no evidence whatsoever that walkingon is an OP. It is erroneous for you to label him/her as such.

Manta said:
Hi Anart, I think redwraith33 was reffering to OP as in original poster.

Ah - then apologies redwraith33, and thanks for the clarification, Manta.

Ya'll ease up on the mods: walk a mile in their shoes and you'll understand why they tend to be very serious sometimes!

redwraith33 said:
I would prefer this thread not be distracted with offbase overanalysis

Well, nothing prevents you from concentrating on my reply to the OP ;)

If you would like me to expand some particular issues that you would like to have covered in more detail - I can do it.
For instance, there is an interesting question why would someone who does not like the profile of a particular discussion forum sign on for participation in such a forum anyway, instead of choosing some other forum with a profile of his/her liking? Attempting to answer this question can lead us into some interesting issues of human psychology.

How does anyone know for certain that Laura and Ark are not merely narcissists, who get a kick out of a establishing a cult like control over a number of individuals? This site emphasizes objectivity, but how do you know you are not being led astray to think that you are being objective when you are in fact doing the opposite?

Walkingon, if as you say you have read the material you listed, I would suggest that your understanding of what this site is all about requires you to re-read all of that material, and then construct a coherent point of view with evidence about where readers of this site are going wrong.

Laura, Ark and the rest of SOTT team ask nothing of me. I do not receive messages, emails or telephone calls insisting I do something to "maintain the faith". I am not obliged to believe anything on this site, and anything I do read I'm fully entitled to double and triple check with other sources if I so wish. Through their outstanding research, Laura, Ark and the SOTT team have very simply just shown me a path, a path that challenges me though research and networking to test the things I have believed in for many years, but I'm free to walk away at any time, it really is that simple. The fact that I choose this path is everything to do with my free will, unless of course you can come up with some cohesive argument as to why I'm being "led astray". Until then, I would suggest you gain a greater understanding of this site and the people you have attacked, you might be pleasantly surprised ;) ;)

In all seriousness, the points that walkinton tries to bring up are the same points a concerned partner might bring up once they discover their loved one spending countless hours reading Cass material and participating in the forum.

When said loved one tries to find some information on their partner's new "infatuation", they will undoubtedly come across the vexatious rantings of various individuals who, for one reason or another, developed an unbalanced opinion, if not intentionally venomous disinformation, which spread across the Internet like wildfire.

If they never read Laura's rebuttals, they form an instant opinion, solidified in the fear their loved one has joined a cult.
The serious replies offered on this thread add to the counter balance to the venom that so many experience while trying to discern what Laura and the Cs are all about.

In a way, I almost wish we could pull all arguments together into a single, obvious point, so seekers who are already misinformed could be provided the link before they post any further and before too much of a "pile on" effect accumulates, which looks to an outsider and ganging up and possibly validates the disinformation due to their buffers/filters/programming.

Considering that walkington chose to join the forum just to post opinion on montalk and the overall momentum Laura's writing has gained, I can only assume his/her information came from the same internet sources or from his/her handler.

Gonzo

Back
Top Bottom