several questions about validity

Just to repeat what I wrote in another thread where Walkingon posted:

Laura said:
walkingon said:
the fact that you characterize my words as "broad generalizations" and "manipulative language" shows that you are delusional....

No, you are attempting to "create reality" according to your own agenda. From "Beyond Insanity" by Amos Gunsberg:

EVIDENCE OF HUMANOID BEHAVIOR

They make pronouncements without substantiation. To them, these pronouncements represent what reality is . . . pronouncement by pronouncement. The present pronouncement may contradict what they said a moment ago. This means nothing to them. They make no attempt to deal with the contradiction.

They demonstrate a total lack of understanding what we mean by a "fact." In their writings and in their speech, they do not use that word.

We humans find this hard to believe. The use of facts is such a basic part of our lives. We base our conclusions and our actions on them. We go on from there to test things and establish more facts. When we debate, we present facts, and show how we derive our observations and our positions from them.

Without facts, all we have is what we call "fantasy."

Since these creatures have a human appearance, we assume they must think like us . . . be aware of what we are aware. We think they MUST know what facts are. When they don't address the facts, we say they are playing a game. We think they do know what the facts are, but don't want to admit it.

Not so! They DON'T know what a fact is. When we speak of facts and ask them to address the facts, they look at us with vacant eyes. They don't know what we're talking about.

They study us because their strategy is to pass as human. They hear us use the words -- facts, evidence, substantiation. They lack the human capacity to understand what we mean. What they do is ignore our reference to facts, ignore our requests for them to supply facts, and hope we won't notice it's due to their lack of comprehension. {...}

I asked a psychotherapy client to look at a chair which was situated about six feet away near a wall. I then asked her to describe the chair. She did, in rather complete detail, except for the legs. THE CHAIR SHE DESCRIBED HAD NO LEGS!

I pointed this out, and asked how the chair could be suspended in air, with no legs to support it. She said: "I put it there." I asked: "If you look away, will it fall to the floor?" She said: "No. If I look away, the chair is no longer there." I asked: "If you look away . . . and it turns out the chair is still there?" She ignored the question. {...}

Nothing of what we call reality is REAL to them.

When a human being mentions a chair, the reference is to a chair that sits there on its own legs. It's there whether anyone sees it or not, whether anyone mentions it or not, whether anyone "declares" it to be there or not. It's there ON ITS OWN.

A basic element in the profile of humanoids is their lack of comprehension that anything exists on its own, separate from their say-so. They don't SEE it. The only objects humanoids see are the ones they "declare" . . . the ones they imagine.

We use the phrase "my perception" to mean an appraisal, a measurement of something separate from ourselves. We don't announce it as "fact." We are open to consider other views if given facts to consider.

Humanoids use the phrase "my perception" as a buzz word. They imagine what they choose, and tell us it is their "perception" . . . which, in their minds, ESTABLISHES reality. What we call "facts" do not exist for them. That's why they whine and claim they are being attacked whenever substantiation is requested.

Humanoids claim their statements are valid simply because they make them!!! They elaborate on this: "I honor integrity in this regard. As an egoist, I make statements which are valid to me. Validity to my 'self' comes first. I grant other people this same respect assuming they say things valid to themselves."

Among human beings, for something to be deemed valid it has to be substantiated with facts. Nothing is valid simply because someone says it.

When humanoids are asked how they determine what someone says is valid to that person, and not something made up or imagined, they ignore the question.

Note the strange use of the word "integrity." Humans define integrity as uprightness of character; probity; honesty. We refer to sticking to the facts, sticking to the truth, not selling out. Humanoids use "integrity" to mean insisting what they imagine is what's real. No measurement. No evaluation.

When the demand is made for their pronouncements to be evaluated, they claim the confronter is the one who has no integrity . . . meaning the confronter is not upholding THEIR position: what THEY imagine is what's real.

On what basis do they claim this? Humanoids treat the world as if it were their own private holodeck. They "declare" things into being. Everything is a hologram. They program the holograms. They interact with them in any way they choose. They have them under total control. When they decide to cancel a hologram, it vanishes.

A hologram is a hologram is a hologram. A hologram is not supposed to have the ability to think for itself. A hologram is not supposed to have the ability to measure, evaluate, appraise, etc. Most importantly, a hologram is not supposed to be able to break out of its holographic state and critique its master.

When this does happen, they first chastise it to bring it back into line. If that doesn't work, they "vanish" it. When that fails, they run for cover by abandoning the program and calling up another one.

Experience has shown no matter what we say, no matter what we point out, no matter how much evidence is given, it has no meaning for these creatures. They have one goal: to fool us into classifying them as human so they can concentrate on murdering our human values. Without human values, the next step is murdering human beings.

Lobaczewski was obliged to create words to describe aspects of Evil that, with which, up to then, our natuaral language could not deal adequately. He writes in his book Political Ponerology:

Political Ponerology said:
Para-moralisms: The conviction that moral values exist and that some actions violate moral rules is so common and ancient a phenomenon that it seems to have some substratum at man’s instinctive endowment level (although it is certainly not totally adequate for moral truth), and that it does not only represent centuries’ worth of experience, culture, religion, and socialization. Thus, any insinuation closed in moral slogans is always suggestive, even if the “moral” criteria used are just an “ad hoc” invention. Any act can thus be proved to be immoral or morally proper by means of such para-moralisms through active suggestion, and people whose minds will succumb to such reasoning can always be found. In searching for an example of an evil act whose negative value would not elicit doubt in any social situation, ethics scholars frequently mention child abuse. However, psychologists often meet with para-moral affirmations of such behavior in their practice, such as in the above-mentioned family with the prefrontal field damage in the eldest sister. Her younger brothers emphatically insisted that their sister’s sadistic treatment of her son was due to her exceptionally high moral qualifications, and they believed this by auto-suggestion. Para-moralism somehow cunningly evades the control of our common sense, sometimes leading to an affirmation of behavior whose character is openly pathological. Para-moralistic statements and suggestions so often accompany various kinds of evil that they seem quite irreplaceable. Unfortunately, it has become a frequent phenomenon for individuals, oppressive groups, or patho-political systems to invent ever-new moral criteria for someone’s convenience. Such suggestions often partially deprive people of their moral reasoning and deform its development in youngsters. Para-moralism factories have been founded worldwide, and a ponerologist finds it hard to believe that they are managed by psychologically normal people. The conversive features in the genesis of para-moralisms seem to prove they are derived from mostly subconscious rejection (and repression from the field of consciousness) of something completely different, which we call the voice of conscience. A ponerologist can nevertheless indicate many observations supporting the opinion that the various pathological factors participate in the tendency to use para-moralisms. This was the case in the above-mentioned family. As occurs with a moralizing interpretation, this tendency intensifies in egotists and hysterics, and its causes are similar. Like all conversive phenomena, the tendency to use para-moralisms is psychologically contagious. That explains why we observe it among people raised by individuals in whom it was developed alongside pathological factors. This may be a good place to reflect that true moral law is born and exists independently of our judgments in this regard, and even of our ability to recognize it. Thus, the attitude required for such understanding is scientific, not creative: we must humbly subordinate our mind to the apprehended reality. That is when we discover the truth about man, both his weaknesses and values, which shows us what is decent and proper with respect to other people and other societies.

Gurdjieff speaks of a certain example of "paramoralism" in the following extract from In Search of The Miraculous, by P.D. Ouspensky:

Gurdjieff said:
"As I have already said, people very often think that if they begin to struggle with considering within themselves it will make them 'insincere' and they are afraid of this because they think that in this event they will be losing something, losing a part of themselves. In this case the same thing takes place as in attempts to struggle against the outward expression of unpleasant emotions. The sole difference is that in one case a man struggles with the outward expression of emotions and in the other case with an inner manifestation of perhaps the same emotions. "This fear of losing sincerity is of course self-deception, one of those formulas of lying upon which human weaknesses are based. Man cannot help identifying and considering inwardly and he cannot help expressing his unpleasant emotions, simply because he is weak. Identifying, considering, the expressing of unpleasant emotions, are manifestations of his weakness, his impotence, his inability to control himself. But not wishing to acknowledge this weakness to himself, he calls it 'sincerity' or 'honesty' and he tells himself that he does not want to struggle against sincerity, whereas in fact he is unable to struggle against his weaknesses. "Sincerity and honesty are in reality something quite different. What a man calls 'sincerity' in this case is in reality simply being unwilling to restrain himself. And deep down inside him a man is aware of this. But he lies to himself when he says that he does not want to lose sincerity."

Lobaczewski relates certain other psychological deficits to paramoralism:

PP said:
Reversive blockade: Emphatically insisting upon something which is the opposite of the truth, this blocks the average person’s mind from perceiving the truth. In accordance with the dictates of healthy common sense, he starts searching for meaning in the “golden mean” between the truth and its opposite, winding up with some satisfactory counterfeit. People who think like this do not realize that this was precisely the intent of the person who subjected them to this method. If such a statement is the opposite of a moral truth, at the same time, it simultaneously represents an extreme paramoralism, and bears its peculiar suggestiveness. We rarely see this method being used by normal people; even if raised by the people who abused it; they usually only indicate its results [on their thinking] in the shape of characteristic difficulties in apprehending reality properly. Use of this method can be included within the above-mentioned psychological knowledge developed by psychopaths concerning the weaknesses of human nature and the art of leading others into error. Where they are in rule, this method is used with virtuosity, and to an extent conterminous with their power.

walkington said:
I'm trying to liberate you from an individual who is trying to trap you into the realm of psychosis and never be happy

I've come across this meme before in people if I explain even just a little glimpse of how bad things really are on this planet. People will say something like: 'Why on earth do you want to know such things if it makes you so unhappy?' Which is very interesting because I never say that it has made me unhappy. It certainly makes me more vigilant and less likely to uncritically accept world events at face value.

Happiness, in the sense walkington means it, is nothing more than comfortable sleep. Objective knowledge of oneself, as far as that is possible for each individual, helps one to see one's programs, mechanical behaviours and their effect on others, and all this can be really painful. When one understands that such pain is another step on the path, then one cannot say that such knowledge makes one unhappy. Walkington is ultimately attempting to equate objective knowledge with psychosis.

One thing is clear: Walkingon had NO clue about Gurdjieff's work.

Laura said:
One thing is clear: Walkingon had NO clue about Gurdjieff's work.

No he didn't. Nor did he have a clue about your work. Everything he posted screamed that he had not really read, or if he had read any of it, not understood, anything of your work. He seemed to be parroting the words and ideas of others who are trying to destroy you and your work. Which we have seen over and over again here.

If this is the kind of trolls that are being sent here, they must really be in desperate straights. Me thinks that things are disintegrating rapidly in the mental faculties of those who are trying to bring you, your work and the forum to a halt.

I could be way off base with this, but his posts had a feel of "telling off," like a high school student might jealously do when a member of the clique befriends an "outsider."

When food is taken away. . .

Re: get away as soon as possible

walkingon said:
Ya I'm trying to liberate you from an individual who is trying to trap you into the realm of psychosis and never be happy. Your best bet is to avoid this site. It relies on black magic, or rather, "magical incantation". Don't accept what she says, and be happy! look at NTT, or mTwDimaga, or IdrA, don't accept anything accept what you think deep down....

I'm just feeling a bit shorted here, since, in all this time, I've never heard these 'magical incantations'!! I miss out on all the fun... :(
They must be super cool to run the whole site!!! :wizard: Do they come with a shiny cape, smoking censer and wand? :lol2:

It never ceases to amaze me how emotionally charged some people become against the simple idea that we want to discuss reality, truth and the potential freedom of the human mind/soul on our own terms, in a safe and developmental environment. It is as if the simple act of opening our eyes and helping others to open their eyes is so threatening that they think that 'something must be done!' - and these people invariably come across as lunatics trying to tear this simple venue down. It really reinforces - again - the idea that we are on the right track - if we weren't, then why all the fuss?

I've said this before... I taught my kids that if you can think a person "out there", there probably is that person somewhere. Scary part is the ones we haven't thought of...
:umm: :umm: :umm:
They pop in & outta here. Educational? yes. Entertaining? Yes.
My thoughts...

Nienna Eluch said:
If this is the kind of trolls that are being sent here, they must really be in desperate straights. Me thinks that things are disintegrating rapidly in the mental faculties of those who are trying to bring you, your work and the forum to a halt.

Yeah, I was just thinking that the standard of troll they send here seems to be dropping lately. Walkingon was so desperate he even forgot to bring his mask. :lol:

In a way it reminded me of what the C's said in Session: June 20th 2009

A: It is not just "waves" beamed by such things as HAARP or microwaves, it is also a quickening of the cosmos. Those who are not integrated will disintegrate at an even faster rate than ever.

One thing I'm trying to discern is if;

- this person was merely upset and overwhelmed at anything negative said about Montalk because he/she/it is a blind follower and really, really upset, or

- (similar, with a twist) this person is unstable, was at Montalk where they found info that "resonated" but them happened upon the forum and found info that contradicted and therefore shook the foundations of his/her/its reality, or

- it is a case of vectored attack, or

- merely a fool who took the bait and followed the path laid out for them, or

- all of the above

Any thoughts?

Gonzo

Ben said:
Is it too late to release the hounds now?

Beware the ban hounds!

puppies-running-300x226.jpg

awe,,, Approaching Infinity, that's precious, they're soo vicious...
Bark bark bark
They're gonna lick ya to death eh?

Back
Top Bottom