Sex

But I do understand your points. I can see how wanting to have a good presentation of oneself or “look” your best has a “sex” attraction undertone even if it’s not meant to have sex the act of it - it is meant to attract or at least be liked by others. I think it just all ties into the ego for the most part it’s a topic of the ego that is highlighted like if the ego is the body of a squid and the topic of sex as it is intended here is one of its tentacles.
Maybe, maybe it is the word and the meaning we attach to it to have a single place in our lives, but when one expands it to be something that is part of social interactions between humans, that isn't intrinsically evil, then one can see it pop up more often than not.

For instance, I have a few married friends who, as far as I know, aren't looking to cheat on their wives, but it is interesting to observe how their demeanor changes when in the presence of a younger attractive woman, suddenly their posture and speech patterns change, and if you asked them, they'd probably be sincere in that consciously they aren't looking to find a partner, but the program does pull their behavior.

And seeing that in ourselves, is probably the best way to understand what G was speaking about, even if the words are limiting, or our understanding of said words needs to be expanded.

For instance, I have a few married friends who, as far as I know, aren't looking to cheat on their wives, but it is interesting to observe how their demeanor changes when in the presence of a younger attractive woman, suddenly their posture and speech patterns change, and if you asked them, they'd probably be sincere in that consciously they aren't looking to find a partner, but the program does pull their behavior.
It happens to me almost always and frankly, it's something that bothers me.

I guess most men don't even realize this.

It happens to me almost always and frankly, it's something that bothers me.

I guess most men don't even realize this.
This corresponds with my experience too.

Recently I had a dream, although it felt more vivid than a regular dream. I was laying in bed under a blanket, and there were two women sitting next to my bed talking to me. They were sitting on chairs (we have no chairs in our bedroom). Dressed up nicely, but it looked as different fashion style you are used to. At first I thought it was mother and daughter, but only after I woke up I realized the older woman was the master and the younger one was following her orders. Anyway, the conversation went like they were thanking me for something I have done for them (completely blank on what that was - probably a well concieved lie on their part) and telling me they will do anything to repay. It was very clear where that was going. I heard me say that they didn`t owe me anything and all is fine. That made the younger female visibly happy and at the same time it agittated the older one quite a bit. Not sure where would it go from there since I woke up at that point.

Whole day after I was thinking about the dream and what kept coming back at me was one of the C`s descriptions of battle going on inside of us and thru us. That turned into thinking if this male/female attraction is purely body or mind program running its course. Probably both.

To close the thought, life would be more harmonious when we learned how to master our drives and use the excess energy in more beneficial ways.

Maybe, maybe it is the word and the meaning we attach to it to have a single place in our lives, but when one expands it to be something that is part of social interactions between humans, that isn't intrinsically evil, then one can see it pop up more often than not.

I do realize it and I accept it as a natural product of physical existence. I don't question it or make it wrong or act on it - it's just the machine: An opportunity to observe it in action. Sometimes a jolt of electricity is a good thing to remind yourself you are still alive and shock you out of your head. I acknowledge it and move on.

As a positive by-product, often the things in a female that trigger this reaction in me are exactly the same qualities that attracted me to my wife in the first place. So, actually it allows me to get back in touch with that original attraction and reminds me that I already have what I thought I wanted!

I do realize it and I accept it as a natural product of physical existence. I don't question it or make it wrong or act on it - it's just the machine: An opportunity to observe it in action. Sometimes a jolt of electricity is a good thing to remind yourself you are still alive and shock you out of your head. I acknowledge it and move on.

As a positive by-product, often the things in a female that trigger this reaction in me are exactly the same qualities that attracted me to my wife in the first place. So, actually it allows me to get back in touch with that original attraction and reminds me that I already have what I thought I wanted!
And more than physical, if there's love in the practice, it becomes a creative form of expression.

So, it could.. simply remain a byproduct of our genetic and physical programing, but it could also be a tool to strengthen something that goes way beyond the physical, but.. as you say, without ignoring its most base forms of expression, they will never not be part of it, but you can build upon them, IMO.

but when one expands it to be something that is part of social interactions between humans, that isn't intrinsically evil, then one can see it pop up more often than not.
When thinking about this topic I must think about the frame of reference that it was said in. G was most likely talking to his students/in his book intended to describe the psychological make up of the majority of humans here on earth. With that being said and with my want to see things AS IS to then recognize TRUTH to then know the best way to navigate and act I would like to avoid ascribing “heavy” negative words to this topic. My comments regarding this topic are real even when reducing what G said to simple social everyday interactions I can’t relate to the brevity in which he says his statements on the topic and I will expound on what I mean.

To give the readers here a frame of reference since 17 years old I have had aims/goals in life (this was roughly 3 years before finding the work) first was athletics and athletic career then early/mid twenties aim/goal was marriage then entering into 30s to a few months ago was finances. These have been my 3 main aims/goals over past 18-19 years. Started before the works recommendation of choosing an aim to learn about self and life was presented to me

In going about goals and aims to even come within arms reach of “success” or achievement” I’ve had to let surface or superficial things fall by the wayside a practical example would be what “strangers think” or getting involved with many people. Or going out on birthdays drinking/partying (even my own) So I say all that to say this…

Even with not having the reptilian Brain or lower centers or A influences always take the wheel goals and aims are not reached. Gs words about sex in EVERYTHING we do to me relates to letting surface emotions and wants drive humans. Thus I am amazed at how 2 people can have the same goal BUT 1 person can be soaked in these frivolous ego/society automatic behaviors and end up in the same place or “farther” than the other person who plans, preps, trains and consciously intends…

I do believe that a lot of life “majority” comes down to fate. Yes I 100% believe we do create “some” of our reality and we do have free will I am not bowing out and saying we have no control woah is me but what I’m saying is … what will be will be majority of the time sex running society or no sex running society is really my point thus Gs intensity about sex and it in society I say So What!?!? Really who cares!?!? Recognize in the moment calculate contemplate and then act. It’s good to know the pond you are swimming in (knowledge!!!!!!) but if people you don’t know come along and drain it in June once a year then the fate is until it fills back up you will be flapping around on the wet ground no matter how attractive the people are that drain the pond or how you present yourself how attractive you look when your flopping but having knowledge that June is coming and what will happen makes the experience easier but it does not stop it!!!!…

but this is a different topic (knowledge, surface ego traits, fate and life) and I think it is of SOME use to understand what G is saying and really grasp what he means and how to apply the knowledge it might get you a free drink at a bar or out of a $50 ticket or a promotion….but that pond will be drained regardless if you are now a Vice President or Director or CFO….

Last edited:
If the automation of sex as G talks about bring people closer to their spouse or drives them farther away ITS NOT ABOUT SEX!!!! It’s about the person and the fate of everyone involved if somone wants to cheat or be disrespectfully flirtatious then that’s who they are but I guess we can read Gs statements on sex and excuse them…With knowledge you can foresee that a partner has cheating tendencies or this or that and make the experience easier but the end result will be the same the sea just won’t be as choppy. So yes G is correct 51+% of people especially those with personality disorders especially narcissists and all that yes I 100% agree sex is a BIG factor but again…ok…recognize it factor it into your life what reality you want and then act or don’t act or act in certain ways using wisdom and tact….I just think we can if we choose to be above it…Plus life doesn’t care the big moments and lessons will happen irregardless….everything here in this forum can be used to smooth out the experiences…Less volitility…I just don’t like saying this is how things are in society and leave it at that…It’s takes the beings power!!! away… hence my comments. Thanks for engaging

Gs intensity about sex and it in society I say So What!?!? Really who cares!?!?
Well, I think G's point was that a lot of people care, and that is the reality. I agree with you in principle, we are all born with that drive, whether we admit it or not, whether we have a health relationship with it or not, and we could live above it, or in a healthy relationship with it. But that is a personal individual choice.

And I daresay that until a person decides to make that choice, what G said about it still applies. Mind you the role of sex, as mentioned previously, isn't only tied to seeking the act, it could also be tied to shyness, or isolationist behaviors. People ascribe so very many different meanings to sex that it can be sometimes tied to anger, possession, control, vengeance, pain and misery. There's a reason why there's so many strange fetishes in the world.

It really has a lot of implications, mostly because, I think, it's a form of expression and release that has a physiological and emotional component. So a lot of things get caught up in it and come out, and become associated. So, expanding the understanding beyond the very act of seeking a sexual partner for pleasure is I think key in understanding what G might've meant.

But at the same time, I don't think it's that omnipresent, there's a lot more going on, as you rightly point out, in the realm of human interaction. In your example about the cheating partner, sure it's not just about sex per se, there's more involved in an adulterous act, but sex does come in eventually. Maybe it's what becoming intimate with someone mean to that one particular person, like I said above, it could have nothing to do with pleasure or reproduction, it could be shame or vengeance, anger, sadness.. whatever it is.

So, sex is definitely there, it's not THE thing, but it is A BIG thing in human interactions, because of how messily it can get mixed in with a whole set of other emotions.

The way I always understood it was, sex is a factor in human interactions, including mine, and it's a very big motivator. But it is by far not the only one

Back
Top Bottom