Should we burn the Bible?

And when you let it go and open your eyes and see that you been all time in past,
maybe you will find your path in your life what you deserve and peace.

dant said:
Ana said:
dant said:
There are different people here with different ideas/agendas
and different levels of knowledge and yet, everyone who posts
here could be "right", "wrong", or "unknown"?
Well Dant, even if, as you say there may be different levels
of knowledge, and I think also different levels of being,
Yes, that is true, but so is everything else?

Objective knowledge has no limits, and yet if one does
not completely understand and completely apply knowledge
into one's own being, therein is one's level of being?

Seems to me the level of being determines the ability to acquire knowledge

dant said:
Is there a direct relationship with knowledge towards
one's level of being?

I think there is no possibility to integrate knowledge if the being is not prepared

dant said:
I smell a kind of group consensus, as a conexion between
its members and I do yes see a common aim, the look for truth.
Yes and no, because there are many members here, and yet,
not everyone has the exact same aims?

I am not saying everyone has the exacts same aims, and each of us have different things to learn, but I see here the common aim of doing it and help others to do it.

dant said:
Different levels
of subjectivity and objectivity are seen here, different
levels of understanding, different applications of knowledge
as applied into one's own being? It seems very variable,
very dynamic? Maybe this is what is meant: "No two snowflakes
are exactly alike"? It is very interesting, at least to me.

Yes it is interesting that even if there are no two snowflakes
exactly alike we all are here

dant said:
Don’t you ever seen someone’s response, and think, oh! he
or she just shaped my thoughts into words perfectly,
Yes, but not always "perfectly" - because of my previous
statement and... because individual "soul units" are going
through different struggles dealing with their different
"lessons", unique to one's self?

That is truth and maybe those souls units can form a larger body able to understand and learn as a whole

dant said:
It seems to me, that each truth-seeker ought to seek out,
find, identify, and recognize both the "darkness" and the
"light", to be able to discern the difference, and to choose
that which is true to one's own aim? Also, one cannot do this
alone, as it requires a "refection" from others so that we
might recognize that we might not be who we think ourselves
to be?

Yes, although others are not only mirrors to help us grow.

dant said:
don’t you perceive more and more unity and consensus?
Yes and no, for the reasons I wrote in the previous
statements... and we might not know where LIKE=LIKE until
we have learned all of our lessons, if we are are able to
graduate into 4D? All is in flux, and the future is open,
or so I think.

Seems to me, lessons exist as long as we exist and our choices determines the future.

Edit: changed a question for affirmation

Ana said:

Hi Ana,

FWIW…my understanding is that the level of being determines the capacity to utilize
knowledge. The balance and depth of the centers is ones level of being. Being is necessary
to transform knowledge into understanding. Knowledge is an attribute of the intellectual center,
while understanding is an attribute of all three centers. There are many in the modern world who
have encyclopedic knowledge, but no understanding of this knowledge, as they have little or no being.

Ana said:
I think there is no possibility to integrate knowledge if the being is not prepared

Perhaps, we can acquire knowledge long before we can integrate knowledge. I find working
on being by conscious labor and intentional suffering, changes knowledge into objective understanding.
I think the Bible has much knowledge, which can only be understood when one has developed being.
My knowledge of the Parable of the Prodigal Son has become mine, from the suffering of giving up a
totally self-centered, sensual life for something real. I understand the Prodigal Son, having paid the price.

I think we should not burn the Bible too soon.

The Parable of the Prodigal Son is one
of my favourite parables.

Also, you may want to ponder on
The Parable of the Sower?

Here is my basic understanding:
Soil = Knowledge
Seed = Soul & material "being"

In order for the seed to grow, must it take from the soil and other conditions like weather?
Can the seed grow if there is no soil? How long will it last on minimal soil, bad weather?
Is the seed is somehow directed to take from the soil to assimilate "nutrients" through it's being?

There seems to be many levels of interpretations to this
story and yet it seems apt for the discussion of the utilization
of knowledge towards soul/being development?

I could be way off, but this is how I see it, and others
may have a different interpretation?

I agree that burning the bible is like throwing out the baby
with the bathwater. There are "jewels" hidden within and
it takes effort (work) to find it?

FWIW,
Dan

go2 said:
Ana said:

Hi Ana,

FWIW…my understanding is that the level of being determines the capacity to utilize
knowledge. The balance and depth of the centers is ones level of being. Being is necessary
to transform knowledge into understanding. Knowledge is an attribute of the intellectual center,
while understanding is an attribute of all three centers. There are many in the modern world who
have encyclopedic knowledge, but no understanding of this knowledge
, as they have little or no being.

I think if they have no understanding, if they do not comprehend then they do have nothing, they have no knowledge. Because as I see it when you really have knowledge you became the knower and also the known. As I see we cannot speak of knowledge if we have not integrated it, wich means comprehending and that is only possible step by step, we can speak of knowledge when integrated and not before, because before it was not known.

That is why knowledge protects.

That's the reason OSIT that the Cs repeatedly say:

Cs said:
-One step at a time
-Ask step by step
-Clues go step by step.
-The best advice to accomplish this is a step-by-step approach - to ask the simplest of questions with the least amount of prejudice attached.
- Do it step by step. Do not attempt a marathon here. "Time" is not of the essence!
- We have helped you build your staircase one step at a time.
- Build your staircase one step at a time.
-One does not follow the signs until one sees them... One does not see the signs until one looks for them.
-Remember that a conduit is composed of knowledge.

They have shown us how it is needed that the being is prepared in order to really Know, it has to be cleaned of prejudices, believes, lies, fears, and fed step by step, helping essence get free and take command of its own evolution.

I think what we are and what we know are one and the same.

[QUOTE author=Ana]I think what we are and what we know are one and the same.[/QUOTE]

It seems to me that the concept is incomplete without including doing. There are enlightened individuals who are on the path of entropy. Evolution or devolution of being is the result of what is done with knowledge.

This is implied by what you posted here:

As I see we cannot speak of knowledge if we have not integrated it

How it is integrated - by serving self (devolution of being) or by serving others (evolution of being) is doing. Motivation, inclination, direction, and will belong to the process of doing.

And, of course, what can be done is determined by what is known.

What we are is what we do with what we know.

MC said:
[QUOTE author=Ana]I think what we are and what we know are one and the same.

It seems to me that the concept is incomplete without including doing. There are enlightened individuals who are on the path of entropy. Evolution or devolution of being is the result of what is done with knowledge.

This is implied by what you posted here:

As I see we cannot speak of knowledge if we have not integrated it

How it is integrated - by serving self (devolution of being) or by serving others (evolution of being) is doing. Motivation, inclination, direction, and will belong to the process of doing.

And, of course, what can be done is determined by what is known.

What we are is what we do with what we know.
[/quote]

I do agree, this one seems to me a great sentence. Thank you MC

[quote author=MC]What we are is what we do with what we know.[/quote]

It is very true.
The work is complex. One can try to understand and try to discern. You guys are all put it very clearly. Each of you add another important aspect of the learning process.
Thanks for that. :)
My first impression was when I started to understand the "Work". It took long time and right away I gave up /programs/.
I was depressed for three month.
I gave up life, I didn't care. My programs were laughing at me:
"He, he, you're not going to be able to do it!"
Still I don't know if I can.
But I don't care!
I just want to know.
After three month something in me started to asking questions. I started to read. I find myself to be eager to learn.
Meanwhile I don't care if I "make it" to 4D or not. This is not my goal. I just want to know.
I get attacked of course, but I try to "watch" myself so I can try to recognize my programs.
One thing we can't give to others:
The urge to learn, the thirst for knowledge. I think this has to coming from inside.
Maybe sometimes after a long time of struggle.
I hope I'm not off. :/

I will use the word I because I cannot speak for others. For myself, all I can do is learn more. Learn about my biological machine I and all other i's inhabit. Work on understanding what makes this inner world within my body function. Listen and separate the voices, and try to find myself in here. Learn about outside of the body. The other biomachines surrounding me on this BBM. Try to understand what & why they do what they do. Learn more about the world / solar system / universe I inhabit. Gather as many views/theories as possible and attempt to discern what are the FACTS. Can a fact be truth? Probably a matter of perception. Anyway... the more i learn, the more possible "futures" appear. I think a major point is to lessen my fear of the unknown and while building acceptance of what is. I know this is very simplistic, but I haven't time today. I HAD TO (was prompted?) to "say" something...
:cool2: :cool2: :cool2:
Yep, now I need a smoke to lubricate some neurons...

[quote author=Al Today]Yep, now I need a smoke to lubricate some neurons...[/quote]

Hehe. Now that's a doing that I can relate to. :cool2:

dant said:

Soil = Knowledge
Hi Dan,

Yes, we could also consider that knowledge is the seed. Our being is the soil.
Life tills the soil and the sower plants esoteric knowledge or teachings. Some
seed falls on rock and does not grow. Would that be the hard headed? Some knowledge
falls in among the brambles and is choked out by the tangled lies of our world.
Some seed falls on the ground and is eaten by birds. Could birds be doubts, prejudices,
fears, lies, mentioned by Ana in her post? Finally, some seed falls on good
soil and grows, but an enemy has sown weeds among the wheat. The sower says to let
the weeds and the wheat grow together until harvest time. Then he separates the weeds
from the wheat and burns the weeds and saves the wheat. Is doing the Work,
here on the forum, harvest time for some of us?

dant said:

Soil = Knowledge

In order for the seed to grow, must it take from the soil and other conditions like weather?
Can the seed grow if there is no soil? How long will it last on minimal soil, bad weather?
Is the seed is somehow directed to take from the soil to assimilate "nutrients" through it's being?

I think it's the other way around. The seeds are knowledge and the different types of soil are the different types of souls into which those seeds of knowledge are planted.

If the soul is not fertile, if it is rocky and dry, no seeds will grow there, no fruit will be produced.

gospel of luke said:
8:5 A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it.

8:6 And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture.

8:7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it.

8:8 And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

8:9 And his disciples asked him, saying, What might this parable be? 8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

8:11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

8:13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

8:14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.

8:15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Thanks, go2 & Laura!

After re-reading the parable, with the reverse assignment,
it becomes more clearer that the seed is knowledge and the
soil, souls.

The clue is:
The seed is the word of God

... and the `The word of God' is knowledge!

Thanks for clearing that up!
Dan

Back
Top Bottom