Show #24: Who was Jesus?

I'm still in the process of working through the material and have some books on order. This podcast is gonna be great!

Sounds very interesting and especially further input from Laura and what she discovered!

Lorraine said:
Should be fun :lol: and I'm looking forward to it. I'm normally asleep when you broadcast but enjoy listening later.

Does anyone know for sure which day Julius Caesar was born? My birthday is 12th but now I've read Caesar's 13th July.

According to the documentation it was the 13th of July, but there is also the 12th of July.

P said:
Join us this Sunday July 14th from 2-4pm EST (7-9pm GMT) as we attempt to upset the historical applecart and see what falls out.

I bet you guys will do, already the comparison between Caesar and Christ is unbelievable ;D.

I'll be talking about a lot more than just Caesar to set the stage; explaining how I worked my way there and also exposing another little blockbuster that I've been hanging on to. I would say that anybody who reads my work should listen in. And definitely, should have read Horns of Moses because a whole lot of things tie in together and I'll be referring to stuff in that volume.

drazen said:
What an interesting show this will be! Looking forward to it. :)

For Sure! Hopefully lots of fundies and authoritarians will call in. It'll drive them up the wall to have their main sacred cow destroyed by those pesky facts supported by objective research
What a hoot that will be! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Redrock12 said:
drazen said:

For Sure! Hopefully lots of fundies and authoritarians will call in. It'll drive them up the wall to have their main sacred cow destroyed by those pesky facts supported by objective research

We won't be taking calls in the first part of the show because I have a lot of material to cover and I don't do well with interruptions when I'm trying to hold 6 to 10 different threads in my head and not confuse the listener or myself.

In the interesting documentary The Gospel of Caesar the part 0.23.30

«I came, saw and conquered - which is very predatory,
into
«I came, washed myself and saw» says a blind man healed by Jesus

This change stroke me because it changes into a totally different, esoteric meaning.

This show will be interesting. :)

Toda22 said:
In the interesting documentary The Gospel of Caesar the part 0.23.30

«I came, saw and conquered - which is very predatory,
into
«I came, washed myself and saw» says a blind man healed by Jesus

This change stroke me because it changes into a totally different, esoteric meaning.

This show will be interesting. :)

Nothing esoteric about it. It exchanges a truth for a lie.

Laura said:
Redrock12 said:
drazen said:

We won't be taking calls in the first part of the show because I have a lot of material to cover and I don't do well with interruptions when I'm trying to hold 6 to 10 different threads in my head and not confuse the listener or myself.

Any reason you need to take calls at all? Is there any reason you can't just do a show without that part?

Gimpy said:
Any reason you need to take calls at all? Is there any reason you can't just do a show without that part?

No reason at all. We just have it as an option in case anyone wants to call in and speak their mind or whatever. In this show though, I think most of it will be taken up with a disbursement of information rather than a discussion with callers.

Perceval said:
Gimpy said:

No reason at all. We just have it as an option in case anyone wants to call in and speak their mind or whatever. In this show though, I think most of it will be taken up with a disbursement of information rather than a discussion with callers.

:headbanger: Excellent! Looking forward to this one.

:D going to wake up 4 am. Highly interesting, listening to you guys! Hope no disturbing fields occur. ;)

Perhaps it would be discussed but in case I'd be really interested in what I see as two options:

a) There was no Jewish Jesus, this figure was derived for the most part from the life of Julius Caesar
b) There was a Jewish Jesus, but we know little of that figure as this figure's life history was mostly made up and a lot was derived from the life of Julius Caesar.

Why I feel (b) is feasible is because of what's most distinct in the message of the Jewish Jesus figure. As far as I know it's something too distinct from Julius Caesar's or the Jewish viewpoint. And it's also a distinction that for me doesn't hold any religious or political agenda. What I'm talking about is this concept that any person (Jewish or otherwise) can have a personal relationship with God - a distinct / separate being in itself (not like the stoic idea of God), and that this God is loving (i.e not a psychopath depicted by the Jewish faith / doesn't have a "chosen race" or chosen gender too).

Hope that makes sense. Would be great if you'd have a chance to cover, if not, no problem - definitely looking forward to the show either way!

Back
Top Bottom