Show #5 Climate Change, Food Shortages and the Future

Re: Show #6 Climate Change, Food Shortages and the Future

Great show! Just wanted to note I went to the Blogtalkradio front page and the SOTT radio show was listed as one of the featured live shows. :cool2:

Great show! And good that a break was added, so that you guys can take a break. And I'm for the Klingon theory and that Bird of Prey's are on it's way :P. Anyway I liked Joe's questioning and the answers given.

Thank you for a great show! It was so interesting! :rockon:

That was a thoroughly enjoyable show! :D

Cheers guys! :)

voyageur said:
The last reading was a chilling example of just the appearance alone of a comet (as the Greeks called it), the fear, mimicked what then came to be in society.

It was.

It resembles today's hysterical society somewhat. Are we going through a similar period of history I wonder.....

Great show today guys. I liked all the extra readings from Laura. :cool2:

Great show! Thanks to all who put it together. Lots of great information. Sound was great too. :)

How good was it? Well I put off going to the toilet until the bacon song, but I heard it while there. Sounded fun. Then no distractions for rest of the broadcast. Had my ears from start to finish.Great broadcast.

Great show everyone! The sound was stuttering for me for a while at the beginning too--sounded like lost packets from the weird internet slowdown--but it became solid again after that and all the Mics sounded good afterwards.

This was definitely a show to have a notebook handy. As Laura went through all of the events that led to the collapse of Rome I took notes and when I looked at it on paper I was just stunned. Great information to have! Can't wait to read it in the context of the new book :) I love how the four of you kept such an optimistic attitude throughout the broadcast too.

The show also helped clarify some of my lingering questions on the relationship between comets and society. When I finished HOM I was left wondering if it wasn't so much that human beings could bring on destruction from the heavens so much as ponerized societies (and their "giant illness") are weakened and can't survive a wide-scale destruction. With the introduction of information theory combined with the electric universe, which I have been struggling to understand both, I see other possibilities opening up. Like Laura said, a lot of us have it in our heads that the cosmos is good or bad to us, and that depends on how well we behave. So is that just an anthropocentric parent-program or is there something more to it than that? If only we had the kind of funding that global warming scientists get! But I like the ambiguity for now :) Great show everyone!

Great show folks!
Again, lots of relevant and timely info, easily understood.

At least for those of us not suffering cognitive dissonance. ;) ;)

Hesper said:
This was definitely a show to have a notebook handy. As Laura went through all of the events that led to the collapse of Rome I took notes and when I looked at it on paper I was just stunned. Great information to have! Can't wait to read it in the context of the new book :) I love how the four of you kept such an optimistic attitude throughout the broadcast too.

I second that. :)

Foxx said:
Great show everyone! The sound was stuttering for me for a while at the beginning too--sounded like lost packets from the weird internet slowdown--but it became solid again after that and all the Mics sounded good afterwards.

Same here. I downloaded the show shortly after it was finished, and apart from the dropouts (sounded like clipping to me), everyone came through nice and clear.

The history of social catastrophes that Laura has dug up and compiled is absolutely fascinating - and to say it is highly relevant to what is happening today seems an understatement. Maybe some future show(s) that go into more detail on these events and their sequence would be in order.

Mariama said:
Hesper said:

I second that. :)
Yes - i finally got caught up on the shows yesterday afternoon and have really enjoyed them. There is so much information packed in each one and what I have noticed is that listening has really helped me connect the dots and fill in pieces of understanding that I missed from the reading.

I am so happy that the SOTT team has decided to produce these shows - they are wonderful :D :clap:

Thankyou, I enjoyed the show - mirth and truth, what more can you ask for. Really looking forward to Lauras information theory points, and of course the telling of the roman demise. To me the overall sound (recorded streaming) was sorry to say worse than last time, though Niall was clear this time, there was plenty audio-stretching (like when something gets stretched to slow motion) and sounded like telephone sampling resolution (<12 kbyte pr sec?). Are there any stats for the show, how many listening?

Back
Top Bottom