Show #5 Climate Change, Food Shortages and the Future

Re: Show #6 Climate Change, Food Shortages and the Future

parallel said:
Are there any stats for the show, how many listening?

Between 400 and 600 live listeners (on an upward trend), and between 800 and 1200 after-the-show listeners (the oldest show does not have the most "archive listens", so this seems to vary based on show content).

Of course, we've only recorded 5 shows so far, so that's not too shabby.

Note that Show #6 was actually the 5th show we recorded (that's clear, eh?) :lol:

Mr. Scott said:
Of course, we've only recorded 5 shows so far, so that's not too shabby.

Note that Show #6 was actually the 5th show we recorded (that's clear, eh?)

To clear up any confusion, we've renumbered the shows so that the most recent show is listed as Show #5.

So Show #6 will be broadcast this Sunday 3rd of March.

Will Anna be on again to give us her list of weird weather and climate changes report?

These are excellent excellent shows. And I've noticed they seem to have a qualitative impact on me similar to reading the connecting the dots feature on Sott, or one of the books. Or maybe its just good to hear ya'll discussing things as they are so plainly and naturally.

Have a question about external considering and this subject of climate science. Other than some offenses taken when discussing things like diet subjects; and many don’t understand the subject of psychopathology to want to say much, I don’t think I’ve ever encountered such vehemence as when discussing the science of anthropomorphic climate change. With personal external networks outside that of the form (email to fiends), people are generally receptive to new ideas, thinking about things and exchanging, yet this subject brings out the blinders and ear muffs to the extreme and it cannot be talked about – it is very curious. So I used to sometimes send good subject data to test how the thinking was going, see if it was changing. However, even with the observable physical climate conditions, it seems not, and have basically just stopped because it is like an exercise in futility and just have to consider this reality. I can totally understand how those critical scientists must feel when their funding is threatened or cut off, or their jobs are threatened, or their very professorships become in question. This has created such a powerful division in society; with most lined up on the anthropomorphic blame side, and unfortunately, there just seems to be no ability to discuss and the simplest data exchanged results in the usual hockey stick memes throw back.

Anyway, just my observation and wondering how others feel about this, how they go about talking about it or if they too cannot discuss these things?

voyageur said:
Anyway, just my observation and wondering how others feel about this, how they go about talking about it or if they too cannot discuss these things?

I've experienced both situations -- people who are interested in talking about alternatives to global warming, and people who are not at all open to any other possibility. I'm usually happy to talk about it if the other person expresses interest and they don't seem to have emotional attachment to global warming -- if they really don't want to hear about it, though, I let it go and move on to something else. I agree with you that it's a particularly reactive issue for a lot of people, and the programmers have done very good work with this one :rolleyes:

I generally find that people think you're crazy if you talk about the weather with any more seriousness than, "That's some amazing weather we've been having lately, eh?! Anyway, [moving on] how are you doing? How is the new apartment/relationship/pet/etc working out?.."

Kniall said:
I generally find that people think you're crazy if you talk about the weather with any more seriousness than, "That's some amazing weather we've been having lately, eh?! Anyway, [moving on] how are you doing? How is the new apartment/relationship/pet/etc working out?.."

I didn't understand it when this happened with me at first but I realised that it is literally like speaking two different languages with those who are not open to any other possibilities. That's not exclusive to global warming though.

Back
Top Bottom