Show#82 - Who was Georges Gurdjieff? Interview with William Patrick Patterson

Nice interview. Btw, in Georgi, the G is pronounced not as J, as in job (i.e. Djordje as normally you would pronounce George), but instead you pronounce the G as in Gurdjieff. https://translate.google.co.uk/#en/ru/Georgi%20Ivanovitch%20Gurdjieff Play the pronounce button on the right.

It was short and sweet, however this was one an awesome interview! thanks to everyone who managed to arrange this! My mum also seemed to be very interested in listening to what William had to say :D

Keyhole said:
It was short and sweet, however this was one an awesome interview! thanks to everyone who managed to arrange this! My mum also seemed to be very interested in listening to what William had to say :D

I could tell from his voice that he was getting tired. Apparently, he is not in the best of health and we didn't want to cause any stress.

Naturally, he wasn't comfortable with speaking about hyperdimensional eaters..

I hope W.Patrick will get well soon. I was delighted to watch his video and then, while listening to him on Sott radio I could barely recognize his voice.

These last years, I´m more sensitive each time brave and caring people who are concerned about humanity decide to leave this world, kind of feeling myself an orphan.

mkrnhr said:
You may consider amazon if the cost there is more advantageous.

Unfortunately, no international shipping available for it from US nor CA Amazon, and while listed, cannot be bought at all from the other versions.

Enjoyed the show! I was curious what he would say about the hyperdimensional aspect of food and while he acknowledged angels and archangels I still wasn't sure if he understood only because he gave no further details. I was curious about his answer to if we are in destructive times and I was under the impression that he didn't know as he referred only to the quote by Fritz Peters. Seems he's more focused on work on the self than looking at the world as a whole. However, his interview was wonderful and he was full of laughter. I read a couple of his books and enjoyed them and I will read his latest. Interesting how he pointed out all of the troubles he had completing the book as if someone didn't want him to come out with it!

Thank you everyone for a wonderful show. They are real gems. And thanks to you Mr. Patterson I very much enjoyed hearing your voice.

Thanks for a great show and interview with a great guest! When I heard him mention angels in response to hyper-dimensional beings, I immediately thought of the forces and principalities of darkness to balance this. I was a little disappointed not to hear that perspective acknowledged. However, I'm not as well read as he or any other, so... I've lots of catching up to do. I'll start with his book: Georgi Ivanovitch Gurdjieff: The Man, The Teaching, His Mission. Thanks for arranging a discount!

Through the tone of his voice when he talked about "angels" and "archangels", he seemed to acknowledge that there is more to it and that it was to the listener to draw the conclusion without him being too explicit. In the beginning he talked about the general law acting against his publishing of his book so it is understandable, especially in the framework of Laura's question about guy who was nervous about talking about interdimensional beings, to be cautious enough to acknowledge it through a hint without going into too much detail. It could be only projection from my part though.

fwiw it might be a useful reminder for those interested in the topic to revisit the SoTT ISOTM podcasts from 2006
http://www.sott.net/podcasts/listall?page=2

In Search of the Miraculous
Transcript

One particular note being the connection between the cold water and the self remembering. Maybe this is something people could add to the cold showers?

L: So, G is proposing to himself that he make a vow that he should do a certain thing, and that he should stick to this vow to deprive himself of something that he refers to as his power of telepathy and hypnotism which he had used for survival, to get things he needed, wanted, sex, you know, money, resources, etc. Now the equivalent of this in the ordinary human state is to vow to deprive ourselves of our games, of our manipulations, of our self-deceptions, our lies to ourselves, our lies to other people, and to continuously thereby remind ourselves of who and what we are, essentially and in our core.

In Search of the Miraculous part 2
Transcript

Laura said:
Keyhole said:

I could tell from his voice that he was getting tired. Apparently, he is not in the best of health and we didn't want to cause any stress.
At times I thought it was going to have turned into a debate but it did not and you were quiet, which was very externally considerate :) It set a really good example for me... I personally find it extremely hard to determine when to speak and when not to and this was actually very helpful to listen to - Thankyou.

I will look forward to reading his latest book (aswell as Struggle) :D

Very interesting show! Laura, fwiw, G has come to me when I have had some problems needing to get solved as well, though the problems were different. I got the impression that you were embarrassed when talking about that. If so, I understand. I have only told one person until now - it is just too unbelievable. One thing that will always remain with me, however, is the sheer 'size' of G's presence coupled with the undeniable compassion contained within.

I do disagree, at least partially, with one statement made by Mr. Patterson. When you (Laura) asked about meetings and its veracity as fact vs metaphor, I think it is both. G took his life and wrapped it around a 'treasure' in a very Artistic way that concealed from view that treasure.

p.58 Gurdjieff and the Women of the Rope said:
Thursday, June 18 (1936)

Lunch. We read the entire Skridloff chapter and all of us were deeply moved by the last part, especially the talk of Father Giovanni about understanding, faith, etc.
Last night Gurdjieff told Alice that the last three portraits in his "gallery"- Karpenko, Dr. Ekim Bey, and Skridloff, from which three full books will flow, represent the astral body of man.

There are a lot more clues scattered throughout his writings, as well as those of his students, that point to there being 'more than meets the eye' regarding his writings. I think it, collectively, is truly a Legominism. To begin to decode it, principles are given in the chapter "Art" in Beelzebub's Tales, though the principles are somewhat hidden behind the language used. For example, "lawful inexactitudes" or absurdities, if you will. I've found that this applies to what is in the Tales regarding personages from history. In the hypnotism chapter, Beelzebub praises the character of Mesmer, yet hints that Dr. Braide had 'unmistakable signs' of a Hasnamuss. I read Dr. Braids seminal work, Neurypnology, and the character of the man as expressed through his writing, was that of high integrity, and thoroughly decent. In this regard it is important, OSIT, to remember what Beelzebub says in the chapter "The Bokharian Dervish Hadji Asvatz-Troov" about being forbidden from Above to be frank with those not yet 'Kalmanuior', or having 'knowledge-of-being'. A great deal of the book is 'upside-down', and part of the lawful inexactitudes.

Kris

mkrnhr said:
Through the tone of his voice when he talked about "angels" and "archangels", he seemed to acknowledge that there is more to it and that it was to the listener to draw the conclusion without him being too explicit. In the beginning he talked about the general law acting against his publishing of his book so it is understandable, especially in the framework of Laura's question about guy who was nervous about talking about interdimensional beings, to be cautious enough to acknowledge it through a hint without going into too much detail. It could be only projection from my part though.

I must agree. He didn't seem to know about Laura's work, FOTCM, etc. There was not really any reason for him to share his thoughts on all that. It is not like Gurdjieff himself elaborated much on this part.

He really knew his stuff, and tired though he may have been, he had a really pleasant tone to his voice. I am really happy I got to hear that.

Back
Top Bottom