Smoking is... good?

[quote author=Gonzo]
Just a note to the Canadians members that we were able to get Yumas again recently. Our distributor stopped bringing them for a while, but now they are back - with awful pictures on the package though.
[/quote]

Indeed, they are back with their grotesque pictures - now if only a class action suite could be launched against the government of Canada for manipulation; perhaps Health Canada for their chemical additive covenants with the tobacco companies when the pure alternative is a no-brainer, although that is their point, making people ill for the revolving medical door.

[quote author=Psalehesost]
...Now, I've learned in short order to puff on rather than inhale from my pipe, and so I can easily have a milder smoke - and more than ever enjoy the soft, refreshing "burn" of the pipe tobacco as it clears my mouth and throat.

It seems to me that a small amount of nicotine can still be of use, particularly when mentally working hard. A larger amount still might fuel my overall tendency to burn lots of mental energy producing imaginings and illusions.
[/quote]

Having smoked pipes off and on, think it is a harsh function to inhale completely and what you are doing now seems the way to think about it and go about it, fwiw.

Good luck on these matters Psalehesost.

FYI, the snus manufacturing company General has recently released a snus labeled "Green Harvest" which should be made from organic tobacco and without additives. :clap:

Have a look: _http://www.svensktsnus.se/en/Products/General/

liffy said:
Cool, looks like it only comes in portion, though?

Yeah, noticed that too-couldn't find a loose version anywhere. However, if this product becomes popular they probably will release this version too. At least, that's my wishful thinking...

If they release it in a strong loose version then my switchover will be a fact. It does seem though, that in terms of snus, the only additional additives that you won't be having using this one compared to the regular ones is the fertilizers used in growing the tobacco. The laws regarding these are quite strict in Sweden, so I wouldn't think there's that much of a difference?

I have some friend on Facebook who commented article I posted. I need some help. Is she saying who smoke is mental ill?
Please feel free to comment. I don't know what to answer. I have never smoke before. This sounds a bit harsh to me.

I think she is being sarcastic. If she doesn't want to smoke, it's up to her.

mkrnhr said:
I think she is being sarcastic. If she doesn't want to smoke, it's up to her.
Thanks mkrnhr, I thought so. If you don't want to smoke it's up to you. The best thing about is, she is living in Tokyo!

Kaigen said:
I have some friend on Facebook who commented article I posted. I need some help. Is she saying who smoke is mental ill?
Please feel free to comment. I don't know what to answer. I have never smoke before. This sounds a bit harsh to me.

No, she is saying that nicotine, according to her, is just good for people with problems with mental ill. But if you don't have a mental ill problem nicotine is not good.

If I may, can I sidetrack the conversation a bit? I am smoking a great deal more. I notice I replace food with cigarettes. Usually when I am not hungry, but just want to eat. Also, when I am away from home for a few hours, I can feel this drive/desire in me to get home so I can smoke. Basically, I'm addicted. I am thinking now of all the programs/addictions I have worked on this past year to overcome that concern the physical machine like gluten, dairy, coffee. I guess I'm questioning whether I've just replaced one addiction for another.

I don't know, maybe this is just noise. I certainly don't want to stop smoking. I know there are benefits. I just question whether the addiction itself hinders my growth, because it seems to be controlling me a bit.

Any feedback to see this more objectively would be most helpful.

Chrissy said:
If I may, can I sidetrack the conversation a bit? I am smoking a great deal more. I notice I replace food with cigarettes. Usually when I am not hungry, but just want to eat. Also, when I am away from home for a few hours, I can feel this drive/desire in me to get home so I can smoke. Basically, I'm addicted. I am thinking now of all the programs/addictions I have worked on this past year to overcome that concern the physical machine like gluten, dairy, coffee. I guess I'm questioning whether I've just replaced one addiction for another.

I don't know, maybe this is just noise. I certainly don't want to stop smoking. I know there are benefits. I just question whether the addiction itself hinders my growth, because it seems to be controlling me a bit.

Any feedback to see this more objectively would be most helpful.
Just to clarify, you're smoking organic tobacco?

I was shopping around the internet for organic whole leaf tobacco. In the United States, you can sell unprocessed whole leaf tobacco without it being taxed. I couldn't find any that were certified organic, but on Amazon I found a seller (whom I recognize from tobacco growing forums) that has organically grown whole leaf tobacco. It's very inexpensive, $15 to $17 a pound. You just have to remove the center spine and cut it into rolling tobacco. I ordered some Burley from them and it should arrive in a few days. I wanted some Burley or even Turkish to mix with the big bag of Kentucky Select Organic I have which is all Virginia tobacco. Blending in Burley which is stronger tasting with Virginia makes for better tasting cigarettes. This is the store: http://whole-leaf-tobacco.myshopify.com/ or his Amazon storefront: http://www.amazon.com/gp/shops/storefront/index.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&sellerID=A21II69XUV9HEA

Here was the product description of what I ordered off of Amazon:

dried, cured and aged whole leaf kentucky burley cigarette tobacco sold by the pound. process yourself ( its easy )and roll / inject your own cigarettes this is a medium dark leaf and a fairly strong tobacco, if you are currently smoking light or ultra light cigarettes, use light/ ultra light filtered tubes or blend with a light tobacco (comercial or otherwise) you could even use this to roll your own cigars/cigarillos, or for pipe tobacco we store, age and ship at 70 to75% moisture content, so this tobacco is ready to use as soon as you receive it. one pound is enough to make 2- 2 1/2 carton of cigarettes it is a medium dark leaf, all natural, no insecticides, pesticides where used in growing. how to roll your own cigars/ cigarillos? you can find plenty of info on the web. save yourself a lot of money and make those cigarettes from scratch disclaimer/ warning whole leaf tobacco, such as this, is not considered a tobacco product, by federal and state tobacco laws. processing whole leaf tobacco for your own use, is perfectly legal ! processing whole leaf tobacco for resale, is illegal unless you have a licence to sell tobacco products

Chrissy said:
Yes, American Spirit. I use the papers supplied or sometimes Raw organic.

Hi Chrissy,

I smoke Organic American Spirit as well, what I have done is buy a good quality pipe, and stick the tobacco in there to smoke it with. I watched a documentary a while back talking about ancient Chinese technology and when they were talking about paper, how it's made, etc, they said that in order to get the nice white appearance of modern paper, they use bleach. I don't know what they use in the manufacturing process to make the rolling papers, but I just cut it out.

Smoking the way I do, has the added benefit of using up much less tobacco, than rolling it into a cigarette, which you only puff once in a while. Other than looking just plain cool, I don't see any usefulness in rolling up my tobacco into a cigarrete, now I am reminded of Bertrand Russsel, Albert Einstein, Sherlock Holmes, etc.

Pipe smoking, tis elementary my dear. ;)

Back
Top Bottom