Smoking is... good?

moksha said:
Horseofadifferentcolor said:
I ordered a new hand roller called Top-O-Matic. It claims to be the world's toughest cigarette machine. Its fantastic! Easy to whip up your stoggies in no time at all. Sooooo much better than the plastic hand cranks. A little pricey but well worth it if you are hand rolling.

www.rollyourown.com

I have been smoking their organic kentucky select. I ordered a 5 pound bag back 3 months ago and still have lots left.

I had one of those plastic rollers when I first started rolling tobacco. They make a neat little cigarette, but carrying them around with the pouch and paper in my jeans gets a bit bothersome. So now I'm just rolling by hand. They may be ugly but hey I made them myself :)

I'm rolling by hand too - and in the beginning my "cigarettes" looked like some hyper realistic art monster-piece. So i purchased a metal roller and occasionally roll by hands/fingers. Like so i advanced slowly and now i really enjoy hand rolling which now produces some fine cigies - it took me few months to reach this level - practice make (almost) perfect:cool2: Now i consider rolling by just one hand, cause i've heard that are some individuals capable of this :wow:

So maybe I'm just now joining the party and this is old news to everyone else, but I just bought one of those cheap little hand held rolling devices (like in the below youtube video) and rolled my first cigarette with it last night--wow!! :wow: It's like a real cigarette instead of the normal lumpy, lopsided mess that I hand roll (which is an improvement over the basically unsmokable cigarettes I made when I first started rolling them). The first one was the best cigarette I've ever rolled!

Here's a video showing the kind of device I'm talking about and how to use it, if everyone isn't already familiar:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uugsvZ0gEuw

I feel a little overexcited for this thing, but I always thought they looked complicated to use (I just didn't understand how they work and got a really unclear explanation the first time I asked) and didn't realize that they could quickly and easily produce a well-rolled cigarette--it's one of those quality of life improvements to cost ratio things for me :)

Best $4.19 I ever spent (though I still enjoy my pipe)! :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

I think it is quite normal for people who begin smoking to find it somehow unplesant at some point. The body needs to get used to it I guess. But as said, nobody should force him/herself to smoke if it dosen't feel right. Just as much as some may have a profile that suits smoking well, as much as it could be the contrary for others, osit.

When I started smoking, I indeed felt dizzy and nauseous but for some reason, I enjoyed the effect(s) on the brain/mind enough so I just kept going until, not too long after, the unpleasant effects dissapeared.

I've tried to stop for longer periods of time since but I always ended up starting again. Not smoking didn't really make me feel any better as far as it went. So now I decided that I wouldn't just force myself to stop as I like to smoke and appreciate the extra "boost" it gives me. Sort of makes thoughts clearer if I may say so.

I have also noted a diffrence between normal cigs and cigs that I roll myself. The lastest always seem to give a stronger "buzz" so I never need to roll big ones.

Now next step for me is to find real good organic tobacco and organic paper.

Peace.

Hi JayMark, since we live around the same area this may help. I was able to talk with the owner of the tobacco shop near me and he was able to bring me North Field organic cigarettes but could not bring loose tobacco of this kind because the company doesnt want to bother with French warnings and labels. For those living in and around Montreal area, there is specialized pipe tobacco shop called Blatter&Blatter but do not have organic stuff. I now smoke Amphora pipe tobacco and roll it. It has additives but the tobacco is good quality. It is what I can get and afford for now. Hope this helps.

andi said:
Hi JayMark, since we live around the same area this may help. I was able to talk with the owner of the tobacco shop near me and he was able to bring me North Field organic cigarettes but could not bring loose tobacco of this kind because the company doesnt want to bother with French warnings and labels. For those living in and around Montreal area, there is specialized pipe tobacco shop called Blatter&Blatter but do not have organic stuff. I now smoke Amphora pipe tobacco and roll it. It has additives but the tobacco is good quality. It is what I can get and afford for now. Hope this helps.

Just looked for Blatter et Blatter and it's not very far from here. I just have to take the métro up to Place-des-Arts, walk about 200m and there we go! How much does the Amphora tobacco costs and how much you have for that price?

Just went on their website but apparently they can't put a description of their tabac maison (home tobacco) on it for governmental reasons. No prices of quantities neither. Just their regular brands.

Thank a bunch andi! Merci!

Peace.

andi said:
Amphora is 17$ tax in for 50g where I buy it.

Allright!

Just made rough calculations and it would cost me about the same as regular brands (cash per cigarette) but that is considering 1g of tobacco per cigarette.

So now my guess is that I'll be good with less than a gram of tobacco per cigarette so it could even be cheaper.

Good thing. Not only is it going to be better quality but it won't cost me more.

Thanks a bunch andi!

:cool2:

JayMark, I don't want to give you the wrong idea, because it doesn't exactly work the way we're expecting, you'll have to try things out. For example, a cigarette rolled from pipe tobacoo will last you about 15 min or more depending on humidity. It goes out easily as well so you have to relight often. Also the nicotine punch is different. For me all this are perfect attributes but not for everyone. For me at the end of the day I only go through about 6 or 7 medium packed cigs and I'm satisfied ( I used to be a one pack smoker) Hope it clarifies a bit.

andi said:
JayMark, I don't want to give you the wrong idea, because it doesn't exactly work the way we're expecting, you'll have to try things out. For example, a cigarette rolled from pipe tobacoo will last you about 15 min or more depending on humidity. It goes out easily as well so you have to relight often. Also the nicotine punch is different. For me all this are perfect attributes but not for everyone. For me at the end of the day I only go through about 6 or 7 medium packed cigs and I'm satisfied ( I used to be a one pack smoker) Hope it clarifies a bit.

Now that I think about it, you are totoally right. We're talking about a pretty diffrent kind of tobacco. Not only chemically-wise but also physically-wise. This clearly needs to be considered.

The best thing to do then I guess would be to try it out first and see how it goes. Could try with diffrent kinds as well until I find something that suits me.

Many thanks!

JayMark said:
andi said:

Now that I think about it, you are totoally right. We're talking about a pretty diffrent kind of tobacco. Not only chemically-wise but also physically-wise. This clearly needs to be considered.

The best thing to do then I guess would be to try it out first and see how it goes. Could try with diffrent kinds as well until I find something that suits me.

Many thanks!

FYI- There is now what's called "dual usage pipe tobacco" which makes excellent cigarettes, and probably was a way around the postage ban on cigarette tobacco. Check out rollyourown.com.

andi said:
Yes, unfortunately they don't ship to Canada .

Yep, just noticed. But I'll keep on looking for sure.

Thanks for your help.

Jaymark, do you have in Montreal Yuma cigarettes? And I have a question: how cost a regular box of cigarettes? Is that true that it costs around 10 dollars? Thanks if you can answer this question. I am very curios to know the prices and to know if you can have Yuma brand.

loreta said:
Jaymark, do you have in Montreal Yuma cigarettes? And I have a question: how cost a regular box of cigarettes? Is that true that it costs around 10 dollars? Thanks if you can answer this question. I am very curios to know the prices and to know if you can have Yuma brand.

I have never seen them Yuma. I've searched a bit on the internet but couldn't find a store that sells them here (yet). I've read that they are supposedly available in Canada but also very hard to find.

Here a regular box of cigarettes (pack of 25) will cost roughly from $7-$8 to $10-$12 depending on the brand (so in average about $10 is correct). Take out about a dollar or two for packs of 20. A carton (200 cigs) costs me $55-$60 and they are some of the cheapest. About 75% of the packs are now labeled with warnings and photos of dying/sick people, rotten teeth, brain tumors, guy with stoma etc. *Sigh*

Anyhow, I'll have a bit of time to make some reasearch today.

For now, I'll go smoke one. Five floors down everytime. Gotta love it. :cool2:

Thanks for the info about Yuma.

Peace.

Make sure if you're buying any premade cigarette that they do not have FSC near the barcode. If they do, they are 'fire safe cigarettes' and have nasty chemicals in the paper. Canadian Yuma pre-made cigarettes are FSC, so I'd avoid them, unless you empty the tobacco and use it to roll your own in clean paper.

Back
Top Bottom