Smoking is... good?

Keyhole said:
If you would like a 100%Organic additive free tobacco - Go for YumaOrganic. It is the nicest brand I have tried so far and they claim is completely organic, grown in Brazil.

I live in the UK and it is difficult to get here, however I actually ordered recently from a german tobacconist about a KG of this stuff at about 4.50 euros for 30g and only about 15 euros postage, so MUCH cheaper than buying from the UK. Here is the link for you guys

http://www.tabak-brucker.de/themes/kategorie/index.php?kategorieid=781&dataoffset=45

Happy smokes! :cool2:

Great !!! ;D
Thanks for the link ! I am looking for a very long time where to buy tobacco Yuma. I knew it, but impossible to find.
There are more and more kinds of tobacco "additive free", but unfortunately they are not organic like YUMA or MANITOU.

I agree, Yuma is the best tobacco. But now I live in Canaries and there is no Yuma here, not at all. I will try to order it in Germany but the Customs are so complicated when you live in the isles. For now I smoke Pueblo, I like it very much. And my electronic cigarette, that I like also. At the end of the month I will order the Virgin Vapors.

Thanks for the links to every body. Smoking is so good. :)

I was in Austria for a week earlier this month and it was quite refreshing to see how this country has not followed the rest of the world with clamping down on smoking in public areas.

You could still smoke in restaurants, bars and clubs with no need to go to a smoke room or smoking section.

Wonder how long it will last. I don't smoke much (a cigar a week on average) but was nice to be able to smoke and chat with other people in a relaxed environment.

Ian said:
I was in Austria for a week earlier this month and it was quite refreshing to see how this country has not followed the rest of the world with clamping down on smoking in public areas.

You could still smoke in restaurants, bars and clubs with no need to go to a smoke room or smoking section.

Wonder how long it will last. I don't smoke much (a cigar a week on average) but was nice to be able to smoke and chat with other people in a relaxed environment.

Wow, that's surprising about Austria. Thanks for sharing.

A recent study -

Nicotine metabolite amplifies action of the primary chemical messenger for learning, memory

!The new findings indicate cotinine makes brain receptors more sensitive to lower levels of the messenger acetylcholine, which are typical in Alzheimer's, and may boost effectiveness, at least for a time, of existing therapies for Alzheimer's and possibly other memory and psychiatric disorders.

The neurotransmitter acetylcholine is produced by cholinergic neurons, a target in diseases such as Alzheimer's. The first sign of damage is these brain cells start pulling back the axons that connect them, then they die, Terry said. Most Alzheimer's drugs, including the widely used Aricept, or donepezil, help patients maintain higher levels of acetylcholine longer by blocking an enzyme that breaks it down. "This could be an extra boost," Terry said.

Nicotine has long been known to aid learning and memory, but it's also highly addictive with a host of side effects from nausea and vomiting to increasing blood pressure and heart rate. The side effects reflect nicotinic receptors' presence in other areas of the brain and body and explain why its therapeutic use has essentially been limited to helping smokers quit, Terry said.
The body doesn't make nicotine or cotinine but when the body is exposed to nicotine, from smoking, chewing tobacco or gum, or wearing slow-release patches, the liver converts it to less noxious metabolites, primarily cotinine, that can be easily eliminated in the urine. In fact, insurance physicals often include a urine test for cotinine to ensure that a potential client is a non-smoker."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/02/150218101829.htm

Finally decided to give smoking a try (lifetime nonsmoker) and just bought a bag of manitou organic ryo. Thought I would have to buy off the net, but found it at the local supermarket at a cheaper price. At least I thought I was buying tobacco, but looking at the package, you could be forgiven for thinking it contained pure cyanide :lol:. Never took much notice being a nonsmoker, but they really have pushed the anti smoking advertising here in Oz to a staggering level.

No luck with organic hemp rolling papers locally though, so will have to order online. One thing that concerned me after researching rolling papers online, was the mention that some contained gluten (the stuff that should have the skull and cross bones advertised on the label). Had my eye on these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RAW-ORGANIC-HEMP-SIZE-1-1-4-NORMAL-SIZE-ROLLING-PAPERS-FOR-SMOKING-CIGARETTE-/311248266291?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item4877d7a433 or these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ORGANIC-HEMP-STANDARD-NORMAL-SIZE-UNREFINED-ROLLING-PAPERS-SMOKING-CIGARETTE-/311247020584?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item4877c4a228. They don't mention gluten anywhere I can find, but can anyone confirm if they are OK? Are there better choices, or any to avoid in particular?

will01 said:
They don't mention gluten anywhere I can find, but can anyone confirm if they are OK?

Yea, they're OK (never tried the Hornet one though, but it doesn't look suspicious or anything). Another one you can try out is ''OCB Organic'', which is good too. Good luck with your first try!

Oxajil said:
will01 said:
They don't mention gluten anywhere I can find, but can anyone confirm if they are OK?

Yea, they're OK (never tried the Hornet one though, but it doesn't look suspicious or anything). Another one you can try out is ''OCB Organic'', which is good too. Good luck with your first try!

Thanks Oxajil, I'll check out "OCB organic", grab some papers and see how it goes :).

Tried my first cigarette yesterday, but it didn't go too well. Got the dizziness that others have mentioned, as well as mild nausea for a few hours after. Haven't been too put off though and will try it again, perhaps with a filter next time. Rolled one ciggy and cut it in half, with around 4 - 5 hours between them.

That no one else was there to share the experience was a shame. From the fumbling when attempting to roll the cig, burning my fingers and dropping it, trying to remember to cool the smoke before inhaling, as well as not letting it escape through my nose before doing so - all too good to miss. On top of this, I was coughing and spluttering and trying my best to contain laughter. To a seasoned smoker, my antics would have been pure entertainment! Perhaps some of the higher density beings "tuned in" for a good laugh :lol2:.

will01 said:
Tried my first cigarette yesterday, but it didn't go too well. Got the dizziness that others have mentioned, as well as mild nausea for a few hours after. Haven't been too put off though and will try it again, perhaps with a filter next time. Rolled one ciggy and cut it in half, with around 4 - 5 hours between them.

That no one else was there to share the experience was a shame. From the fumbling when attempting to roll the cig, burning my fingers and dropping it, trying to remember to cool the smoke before inhaling, as well as not letting it escape through my nose before doing so - all too good to miss. On top of this, I was coughing and spluttering and trying my best to contain laughter. To a seasoned smoker, my antics would have been pure entertainment! Perhaps some of the higher density beings "tuned in" for a good laugh :lol2:.

You might find that its a lot more pleased while smoking with filters. Personally I wouldn't like to smoke one without, it's a lot harsher on the throat that way and the taste is not so great. What do you mean by "cool the smoke before inhaling"?

Hello everyone:

i don't know if any of you have had any problems with smocking American Spirit cigarettes, well in my case I use to smoke every so ofter regular cigarettes, but since I switch to this brand I've been experiencing some problems, mainly in my stomach, I smoke 5-6 cigarettes a day, but then at night when I lay down and by the middle of the night I get this awful pain that goes all the way to my back and I can't sleep, because it hurts... I guess it could be an ulcer from smocking....

any thoughts will be much appreciated.

Regards.

Xico said:
Hello everyone:

i don't know if any of you have had any problems with smocking American Spirit cigarettes, well in my case I use to smoke every so ofter regular cigarettes, but since I switch to this brand I've been experiencing some problems, mainly in my stomach, I smoke 5-6 cigarettes a day, but then at night when I lay down and by the middle of the night I get this awful pain that goes all the way to my back and I can't sleep, because it hurts... I guess it could be an ulcer from smocking....

Regards.
I had chest pains and headaches from smoking American Spirit... I'm not sure what the stomach pains are though, have you changed anything in your diet recently? What time do you have your last meal at?

Here is a post from earlier on the thread that might help a bit

Keyhole said:
Matai said:
As with many of the members in this thread and elsewhere on the forum, I smoke American Spirit Organic tobacco.
Huxley said:
I too smoke American Spirit. From the additive free tobacco i have tested, its the best suited for me aswell :).

Hi Matai and Huxley, fwiw I used to smoke american spirit "additive free" version and found it was more pleasant than the Pueblo brand. However, what I have come to learn is that additive free does NOT mean organic, and the fertilizers that are used are pretttttyyy nasty. This video was shared by Shijing earlier on this thread. It shows how American spirit "Organic" still shows positive for radioactive isotopes - the guy who was doing the video hypothesied that maybe the radiation from Fukushima has contaminated the soil in which American Spirit is actually grown in. So i would be very cautious smoking that stuff. Here is the original post by Shijing for the video:

Shijing said:
There is supposed to be an important difference between big-brand processed tobacco and organic tobacco, owing to the fact that the former has a large number of additives and is normally grown in calcium phosphate based fertilizer. However, I'm trying to find more information about American Spirit, which is the kind of organic tobacco I smoke, and am having a hard time coming up with much straightforward information on it. I did a heavy metal provocation test recently, and the results showed that I've got very high amounts of lead and a respectable amount of mercury in my system. I haven't been exposed to any of the typical sources of lead as far as I know, so I'm trying to figure out how it got into my body, and am trying to look into all possible sources.

One thing that I've learned is that polonium and lead co-occur in tobacco grown in calcium phosphate based fertilizer. A search on this brought up the following two videos from organicslant.com:

https://youtu.be/8B4nSxQuM_I

https://youtu.be/Jdyk--XiuIs

There's nothing here about lead, and he's having to infer the presence of polonium from the radiation levels he's measuring. If there is polonium in the tobacco though, it could mean that American Spirit hasn't been forthcoming about the kind of fertilizer they use, which could also mean that there's lead in there too. This is merely speculative at this point, and I hope there's nothing to worry about, but if anyone can find more information one way or the other, it would be good to know more.

If you would like a 100%Organic additive free tobacco - Go for YumaOrganic. It is the nicest brand I have tried so far and they claim is completely organic, grown in Brazil.

I live in the UK and it is difficult to get here, however I actually ordered recently from a german tobacconist about a KG of this stuff at about 4.50 euros for 30g and only about 15 euros postage, so MUCH cheaper than buying from the UK. Here is the link for you guys

http://www.tabak-brucker.de/themes/kategorie/index.php?kategorieid=781&dataoffset=45

Happy smokes! :cool2:

and

Gaby said:
FWIW, I bought organic tobacco from _http://www.leafonly.com/ Came all the way from the US to Spain, and I had no taxes or EU importing issues.

I personally think Yuma is like no other, and others have commented on how natural it tastes. When it runs out I might try the stuff that Gaby gets though.

Keyhole said:
Xico said:
Hello everyone:

Regards.
I had chest pains and headaches from smoking American Spirit... I'm not sure what the stomach pains are though, have you changed anything in your diet recently? What time do you have your last meal at?

Hello Keyhole:

my last meal is at 1pm till next day at breakfast, I'm in keto diet full time now, and thanks for these videos, I will check them out, and hopefully get some more answers..

Regards.

Xico said:
Hello Keyhole:

my last meal is at 1pm till next day at breakfast, I'm in keto diet full time now, and thanks for these videos, I will check them out, and hopefully get some more answers..

Regards.

Hmmm, I thought it may have been a problem with digestion from eating fat too late in the day but if your last meal is at 1pm then that can probably be ruled out. It might be the tobacco then. The videos basically show that even the "organic" variety of American Spirit test positive for radioactive isotopes. Maybe you are having a reaction to it because of how it is fertilized or processed...

I think best thing to do would be to cut it out for a little while and see if the problems persist!

Best of luck

Xico said:
I had chest pains and headaches from smoking American Spirit...

Ditto. Fwiw I think something must've changed with A/S tobacco because it never used to affect me at all but nowadays I can't smoke it anymore. I also noticed that here in the states the box version of A/S has the FSC (fire safe chemical) on the bar code. I used to buy the cans and they didn't have the FSC on them but it still didn't taste the same. I'm not sure about the pouches. All in all I would try to steer away from A/S if you can.

Back
Top Bottom