Smoking is... good?

Smoking prevalence among US & International adults

joeshmoe said:
I like the idea of people snorting because it seems so pollitically incorrect as it relates to the War On (Some) Drugs. "Your under arrest for cocaine possession". "Hey, its tobacco you idiot!"
I've done a bit of experimentation in the snuff area since my last post on this subject.

Snuffing seems to have attributes that smoking doesn't have (and vice versa).

Also, different kinds of snuff have different kinds of effects.

For example, I found that Wilsons of Sharrow's "Tom Buck" appears to be in some way instumental in generating a lot of coincidences (every time take it, I keep bumping into the most unlikely people that I haven't seen in years).

My favourite one at the moment is Freybourg and Treyer's "Santo Domingo". I'll tend to have a little bit of it in the morning and it'll supply me with an alert background chord that'll stay with me for most of the day, on top of which: I'll smoke cigarettes as per usual.

I had a Soho coffee with an old acquaintance of mine the other day. This person smokes cigarettes, takes crack, acid, ketamine, coke and weed on a regular basis, but when I offered her some of the Santo Domingo, she quickly made it clear that she wouldn't go near it with a barge-pole - which seemed to be an indicator of some kind.

Links:

Wilsons of Sharrow: http://www.sharrowmills.com/

McChrystals: http://www.mcchrystals.com/en/

Masonic Snuff Boxes: http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/masonicmuseum/snuff_box_table_of_contents.htm

Yahoo Snuff Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/snuffboxthenasalsnuffclub/

A workplace ban on smoking is being "enforced" in Ireland. Workplace is a broad term. I drive a cab,the car is my own.Does this law mean that i cant smoke in my own damn car? After all it is my workplace.Now dont get me wrong ,i dont smoke with punters in the car and it doesnt smell like an ashtray. It seems to me this is the nanny state gone mad,they are trying to take away the right for people to make common sense judgements. I for one wont be obeying any moronic nanny state laws and very few people in Ireland do.
These "laws" are just a tool for dumbing down people and turning them into mindless sheep.!!

According to the Cassiopaens, there is a nicotine-blood connection, in that the nicotine increases blood production, and enhances immunological defences....maybe, along those lines, the nicotine from tobacco smoking/snuffing etc, might be helping our immune systems resist those pollutants (radioactive particles, chemtrails, bacteria, viruses, etc).
So, basically the deception here is multi-faceted and sometimes subtle. On one hand, the huge anti-smoking campaign is distracting us from the fact that our environment, atmosphere etc is being bombarded with pollution, ....measurable amounts.
On the other hand, the large amounts of subliminal programing and social suggestion, moving in the direction that smoking is bad, can actually work in the form of instilling guilt. And, according to some new age teachings, piled up guilt is the metaphysical equivalence of cancer...

Another observation, why the instilling of fear to make people change their behaviour? Isn't that what the Catholic and other christian churches did to ensure large congregations......the fear that if they don't join, they would either die .....at the hands of the soldiers (witch hunts etc) or that they will be die by the hand of god (condemed to eternal hell). So, back in the day, the massive guilt and social acceptance campaign proved its effeciency. You would think that we human beings have progressed (well some of us have).

Notice also, the approach to marijuana. The authorities in england have made it a more illegal drug, thereby increasing its sale and smuggling. The PTB know that by making a product illegal, they only serve to make it more taboo, thus perversely popular. The young man/woman is seen as a rebel who smokes pot etc. Maybe that's part of the plan......Why can't they just legalized marijuana, and place upon the packaging similar warnings about tobacco....thus making the pot smokers more paranoid.....lol.

I think that these 'elite' want illegal drugs in the system, and anything that makes u more aware and alert, and less spaced out, is likely to be demonized...

wilecoyote said:
Notice also, the approach to marijuana. The authorities in england have made it a more illegal drug, thereby increasing its sale and smuggling. The PTB know that by making a product illegal, they only serve to make it more taboo, thus perversely popular. The young man/woman is seen as a rebel who smokes pot etc. Maybe that's part of the plan......Why can't they just legalized marijuana, and place upon the packaging similar warnings about tobacco....thus making the pot smokers more paranoid.....lol.
I'm not sure about that.

It appears to me that, generally speaking, smokers in England are rolling over and accepting it : "Well I needed to give up anyway".

I also think snuffing is unlikely to catch on. I may be wrong about this - Wilson's of Sharrow's sales have gone up by ten per cent in the last two years, but from my personal experience, at least in London, people are horrified by it.

Lately I've been drinking a lot of cocoa.

There's something very interesting about this stuff. Not sure whether it's just a feel-good palliative, or whether there's a bit more to it than that

I'm also interested as to why the Quakers appear to have wanted to fill the world with chocolate. Maybe it was because they wanted to draw the British working class away fom alcohol. Maybe it was for another reason.

Either way, chocolate appears to have had an interesting role in the industrial revolution and social reform...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocoa

http://www.cadbury.co.uk/EN/CTB2003/about_chocolate/

http://www.cadbury.co.uk/EN/CTB2003/about_chocolate/history_cadbury/

http://www.aphrodite-chocolates.co.uk/chocolate_health_benefits.htm

http://www.aphrodite-chocolates.co.uk/history_chocolate.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Fry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Quaker_businesses

http://www.westhillsfriends.org/QVWchocolate.html

Has anyone tried nicotine patches in lieu of smoking as a way to use nicotine?

I found this book concerning the anti-smoking campaign, titled "Slow Burn":

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0961946539/104-9636129-2589537?n=283155

I have not read it myself. Maybe it is of interest.

I have been smoking for the past year now, averaging about 3 cigs a day. However, I only smoke American Spirits, and just recently switched to the organic version. They are more expensive (about $6.50 US a pack), but so much better. I really believe that all of the cancer is due to the chemicals that are mixed in with tobacco. I think pure tobacco can be good for you in moderation.

The anti-smoking campaign is definately linked to the fact that nicotine keeps the lizzies away. I don't buy into any crap that they try to tell us. Experiment for yourself and you'll find the answer.

About marijuanna (spelling?), I think it is very detremental, especially for me. I used to smoke occasionally, and have had some good experiences with it (a few), but the negative experiences far outweigh. It makes one paranoid, which creates fear and is food for the ghouls and lizzies. Plus, it creates laziness and complacency, in my opinion. However, we are all on different paths, so it might be good for some. I have seen what is can do to people, and it really closed their minds. That's sad, considering the fact that they probably got into it to open up their minds.

Namaste

As a smoker, I would be more than grateful if anyone could suggest what represents the "cleanest" choice. I have smoked Drum since about 2000, and a friend of mine informed me that it was the purest mass market tobacco around. He cited an internet source, but neglected to give me the details before we lost touch. Any ideas, anyone?

Tobacco choices

I think i'll reconsider Drum. Please get some more info from your source if possible, cuz i'm interested.
but right now, my rolling tobacco of choice is Cutter's choice. I tried Virginia Gold (or somethin to that extent......it's in a green pouch) and i swear it irritated my tonsils. i prefer the 'golden' or 'bronze' rolling tobacco. not the dark brown versions.
Here's a question for you:
Is smoking better with or without the filter? because, the filter might have some stuff that reacts to heat and can mess up one's throat. What about the rolling paper? is thinner better?
I also observed that smokin without the filter was a smoother experience.....
Any feedback on that?
Thanks !

Tobacco choices

I must say the best tasting cig for me is Chesterfield Light from Poland.
But now I'm smoking Natural American Spirit. I smoked the rolling cigz ones but i prefer cigz.
American Spirit is believed to be additive free. So I guess that would be the cleanest choice.
I smoked many brands from various countries; Lucky Strike, Dunhill International, Pall Mall, Djie Sam Soe, A-Mild, Samson, Chesterfield, Camel, Salem, Parliament, Marlboro, Natural American Spirit etc.

wilecoyote said:
I also observed that smokin without the filter was a smoother experience.....
Any feedback on that?
I agree! I usually cut the filter in half when I'm home. If I remove the filter completely I tend to burn my fingers, so half filter also gave "half" smooth experience ;)

Tobacco choices

Interesting stuff, people. The guy who gave me the "drum" info is reportedly now working on a gene mapping program somewhere in the UK, last I heard. American Spirit, that's an inspired title, given the native American taste for tobacco! In the mean time, I'll give cutter's choice a try as I only like the smokes when I roll them. Incidentally, I tend to use random thin card to act as a filter because when using the foam filters I felt like I had to inhale twice as hard when taking a drag, and it made for a distictly unpleasant smoke!

Tobacco choices

I have been smoking American Spirits for the past year now, but just recently switched to the organic ones. They have regular and light organics and man, are they great! I'll never go back to smoking non-organic cigs, as they have chemics from pesticides in them - even the non-organic American Spirits. I won't even go back to smoking the non-organic American Spirits.

Since smoking the organic American Spirits for the past couple weeks, I have significantly increased levels of energy and health. They are a little bit more pricey, but well worth it.

By the way, I am into eating an alkaline diet and have read that cigarettes are acidic, which are then to be avoided. However, it is disturbing to me when "studies" group all forms of tobacco or cigarettes together. I found an older article measuring the pH level of various cigarettes, and there was quite variation in the results from cigarette to cigarette. Some were neutral and even slightly alkaline (like cigars are, because the tobacco is fermented, supposedly). By the way, American Spirit has a fermented version, called Perque, which are pretty nice too.

So, all of the propaganda out there saying smoking is bad is ridiculous. The chemicals they put in with the tobacco are toxic, no doubt, but tobacco in its purest form is beneficial. Therefore, again, I've found the organic American Spirits are the best. On that note, I'm going to go have one right now.

Interesting post.

Namaste

Tobacco choices

Do any of you guys know where i could get american spirit (organic form) within the UK? I'm kind of limited to what i get on the shelves. Can someone post a website or something?
Oh, by the way, it is interesting to note how liberal Greeks are with smoking. These people smoke. I'm in uni and i know greek buddies with cartons of cigarettes and large pouches of rolling tobacco.
Funny enough, i haven't heard any complaints, or news reports about cancer in this blessed country.. :-)
Cheers

X-Files' Cigarette Smoking Man

Am i reading too much between the lines, or was the X-Files series trying to encourage us to smoke, with regards to dealing with the shadow government and aliens? This was done with the beloved and hated cigarette smoking man (mysterious guy who was always in Skinner's office).
What was interesting to note was that he wasn't some rebel or rogue, but an active agent for the government. Someone in such a position should know better with regards to smoking................but wait, maybe he did know better. His character did know that smoking was not harmful, but the chemicals withn the tobacco and more seriously the depleted metals, various toxins etc in the air we breathe.
As expected, a big hint, a fairly large clue, hidden in plain site.
On the note of the government claiming to be in the best interest of the people with their anti smoking campaigns..........they are in a delicate position, because to make it illegal to smoke, the demand and price would increase.......that's too overt for these dudes, so they go with the blatant psychological campaign with signs on cigarette packs like " smoking causes old skin" or such similar garbage.
I could really imagine a scenario where these other beings want to be more 'involved' with human activity, but as someone mentioned in the forum, they hate nicotine.......it keeps them away......
Are there facts and truths that our Native American and South American Indians knew, with regards to tobacco ingestion via drinking or smoking, which would be crucial to our survival as a multidimensional human species?
Hmmmmmmm.............i wonder....

Tobacco choices

The degree of sugar used in the curing process-the more sugar the faster the drying- also seems to be a factor, quite apart from the additives.
I've smoked small Schimmelpenninck Cubero cigars, made in Holland, for over fifteen years, and average about 6-10 a day about $5 a day. I've experimented with other small cigars, roll your own and the occasional tailormade and find my body reacts in varying degrees of like/dislike to different types.
The easiest on my system-and supplying a good hit (yum!) are some of the other small exotic cigars, but others taste distinctly sugary (eg White Owl). It possibly depends on where and under what conditions the tobacco is grown. I've settled on the first brand, the Havana Milds or Cubero, I ever smoked as being the best for me.
A healthy Mediterranean diet also seems to be a factor in the low rates of lung cancer in Greece, Italy, Spain etc, likewise the Japanese diet , but following such a diet may not necessarily be good as it could be complicated by blood type. I'm O blood type and react badly to pasta, etc. even if if used with lots of olive oil (I put it on my spuds instead).
The brand I smoke, or something similar, should be available in Britain.

Back
Top Bottom