SOTT monthly Earth Changes Summary video translations

Thank you, OS, Gawan and everybody else involved. I will do the IT for the subtitles and the Focus.
Both are ready for PR now. I agree, it was quite the month - where goosebumps from the chill could have been easily sold as burning blisters from heat by climate warming propagators!

One thing I wondered: The original subtitle text of some items in the spreadsheet is not the same as the one for the corresponding subtitles in the video. But maybe that's just my perfectionist part kicking in as this probably doesn't matter with the translated subs.

Both are ready for PR now. I agree, it was quite the month - where goosebumps from the chill could have been easily sold as burning blisters from heat by climate warming propagators!

One thing I wondered: The original subtitle text of some items in the spreadsheet is not the same as the one for the corresponding subtitles in the video. But maybe that's just my perfectionist part kicking in as this probably doesn't matter with the translated subs.

I understand you. It doesn't usually happen, but in this SOTT summary is where I found the most differences between the subtitles and the text of the video. Most of the differences are either clippings of information in the text of the video or changes in word order.

I think the editors use the same template that I use for the subtitles, if the video editors decide to make any changes to the text during editing, it will not be reflected in the template and that's where I think the small differences come from. And this time the editors were very creative. :lol::-D

I understand you. It doesn't usually happen, but in this SOTT summary is where I found the most differences between the subtitles and the text of the video. Most of the differences are either clippings of information in the text of the video or changes in word order.

I think the editors use the same template that I use for the subtitles, if the video editors decide to make any changes to the text during editing, it will not be reflected in the template and that's where I think the small differences come from. And this time the editors were very creative. :lol::-D

Thank you for your explanation, OS! That makes sense. My thoughts were going along similar lines that the editors flexibly adapted to the flow of the process while creating the subtitles for the video while leaving the first version in the spreadsheet. I think they are creative with their wording every time (which can make the process of translating quite challenging at times :-D), but I agree that this time they had a few doozies in there - like waterspout outbreak! :lol:

I will take care of PR asap. Thank you everyone included, especially OrangeScorpion, Gawan and Learner.

As always, here is the translation table:

And here is the mixer:

Back
Top Bottom