Speculation on Laura's new book- Horns of Moses

dugdeep said:
Fascinating, Laura! Some amazing dots connected, there. The whole bit about the Heat Shock Proteins, which I never knew existed, and their role in evolution is really amazing. It makes me wonder if the cometary bombardment which accompanies the Wave actually serves a functional purpose, not only in the 'cleansing of the Earth', but in fascilitating the evolution of those who survive.

Amazing the stuff I learn when I start to write. But I figure that it is better to have some idea of what could happen than to assume that nothing will and be totally unprepared. One thing that is certain about the peoples facing the kinds of changes in front of us many times in the past is that few of them expected anything like what happened and it proved fatal.

Wowza, Laura. My mind is spinning. I'm finally finishing The 5th Option today and this teaser-treat was the perfect accompaniment. Thank you. This adds a lot to the pondering of whether Will has a physical impact on these proceedings as has been discussed in the "USA is headed for destruction" thread. Part of "Noah's Ark" being to see the actual possibilities in such an evolutionary moment in advance (living system anticipation), making choices to clean the functioning of your macro-machine which facilitates genotype changes which could be of an adaptive, neutral, or maladaptive nature, and then as you have said elsewhere be caught doing what pattern-recognition truth-seeking critters love best when the unpredictable occurs. If you increase order, via applied information, does this express itself in an adaptive way when environmental stress bears down?

I will continue pondering this today.

Excellent way to state the problem and pose the question, SS. Indeed, it seems to be tending in that direction.

It really is an amazing time to be alive when we have the opportunity and means to gather so much knowledge and share it with those who truly want it.

Does this mean that comets produced all kinds of genetic mutations in humans, and the only type of mutants that survived "natural selection" were psychopaths, because all other mutants could've been easily discovered and eliminated by the rest of population?

Laura said:
Amazing the stuff I learn when I start to write. But I figure that it is better to have some idea of what could happen than to assume that nothing will and be totally unprepared. One thing that is certain about the peoples facing the kinds of changes in front of us many times in the past is that few of them expected anything like what happened and it proved fatal.

It's amazing how everything seems to be interconnected. While reading your post it became clear how much I have no idea at all what is going to happen, it will probably be far more complex and interesting than we can imagine. Zombies, mutants etc.. maybe these images do have some factual basis here on planet Earth, in the distant past. It's best never to underestimate the imagination of the universe I guess.

As horrific as these things sound, it appears there may be flip side to it, involving an expansion of potential for some humans at least. I'm on the edge of my seat, not least due to anticipation to read your book! For now though I am happy learning, smoking and consuming lots of animal fat :) .

Besides special kind of genes, the so called heat shock proteins (HSP), will be activated. Their major function is the proper refolding of the damaged proteins. [...]

HSP70 guides the folding process of signal transduction proteins which play a key role in developmental pathways. When HSP70 functions normally, a large amount of genetic variation, usually present in genotype, is masked and does not reveal itself in phenotype. However, under the stress Hsp70 is recruited to help chaperone a large number of other cellular proteins. Its normal role is impaired and it can no longer buffer variation. Therefore some mutations will become unmasked and individuals with abnormal phenotype will appear in the population. If a mutation proves to be beneficial in the new environmental conditions, the related traits will be preserved even after the HSP70 resumes its normal function. Therefore HSP70 acts as a capacitor of evolution. If environmental conditions are stable, the buffering role of HSP70 ensures the stability of phenotype despite increased accumulation of hidden mutations in genotype. When the environmental conditions suddenly change, as for example after the asteroid impact, which is believed to cause the dinosaur extinction 65 million years ago, this great potential of genetic variation is released in phenotype and the natural selection quickly finds the new forms of life with greater fitness. The Drosophila experiments of Rutherford and Lindquist (1998) demonstrated this beautiful mechanism, which may constitute the molecular basis of evolution....

Fascinating information. I was just reading today about proteasomes in the context of Parkinson's disease and thought it might be related with these heat shock proteins (very telling name!). Indeed it is:

_en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proteasome

The main function of the proteasome is to degrade unneeded or damaged proteins by proteolysis, a chemical reaction that breaks peptide bonds. Enzymes that carry out such reactions are called proteases. Proteasomes are part of a major mechanism by which cells regulate the concentration of particular proteins and degrade misfolded proteins. The degradation process yields peptides of about seven to eight amino acids long, which can then be further degraded into amino acids and used in synthesizing new proteins.[...]

The proteasomal degradation pathway is essential for many cellular processes, including the cell cycle, the regulation of gene expression, and responses to oxidative stress.[...]

In response to cellular stresses – such as infection, heat shock, or oxidative damage – heat shock proteins that identify misfolded or unfolded proteins and target them for proteasomal degradation are expressed. [...]

Dysregulation of the ubiquitin proteasome system may contribute to several neural diseases. It may lead to brain tumors such as astrocytomas.[69] In some of the late-onset neurodegenerative diseases that share aggregation of misfolded proteins as a common feature, such as Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease, large insoluble aggregates of misfolded proteins can form and then result in neurotoxicity, through mechanisms that are not yet well understood. Decreased proteasome activity has been suggested as a cause of aggregation and Lewy body formation in Parkinson's.[70] This hypothesis is supported by the observation that yeast models of Parkinson's are more susceptible to toxicity from α-synuclein, the major protein component of Lewy bodies, under conditions of low proteasome activity.[71] Impaired proteasomal activity may underlie cognitive disorders such as the autism spectrum disorders, and muscle and nerve diseases such as inclusion body myopathy.[69]

Wow! Reading through this thread is somewhat mind-boggling in its implications. Seeing cannabilism in the populace is strange enough but on a bigger scale it just seems like all kinds of countries are ready for war mongering. Makes you wonder on different levels just what kinds of effects comets have on the world's population. Thanks for the sneak preview and leaves one to ponder what we'll be seeing in the near future.

Thanks for the preview, Laura: :)

It brings to mind Halloween and the holiday's possible connection to the comet impact 12000 years ago as in the Sixth Extinction. Perhaps after that one there were strange, grotesque mutations of men and animals roaming about giving life to the dark reputation of the this time or year. Vampires, cannibals, werewolves and zombies.

It also made me think of Tolkien's Middle Earth. Orcs, Hobbits, Men, talking trees, giant spiders, all occupying the same world.

What a strange time we live in, ominous yet fascinating.

Mac

(edit: added missing word)

Interesting data here Laura. Just looking at these two quotes from observers of different events (flyovers), the earth sure seems like a receptor tuning fork and perhaps the geology present creates differing sounds to ears that hear. The giants reference reminded me of the legends of the pre Inuit peoples who seemed to have lived around Greenland and the Arctic islands. Very interesting collection of associated effects, from dendrochronology (see quote snip) to the implications on ELF electric fields.

I was a leather master. In summer at about 8 AM tanners and I washed wool on the bank of the Kana river when suddenly a noise as from wings of a frightened bird, emerged from the direction south to east. ... and a wave went up the river like ripples. After this a piercing strike followed and the other duller strikes, as if from underground thunder. The strike was so powerful that one of the workers… fell into the water. With the emergence of the noise, a radiance appeared in the air, of spherical shape, the size of half Moon and with a bluish tinge, quickly flying in the direction from Filimonov to Irkutsk. Behind the radiance a trail was being left in the form of sky-bluish stipes, stretching along almost all the track and gradually decaying from the end point. The radiance disappeared behind the mountain without any explosion. … the weather was absolutely clear and there was stillness all around…

It was night and there was no electricity because the settlement was disconnected. I woke up and saw a flash in the street. The filament lamps of the chandelier lighted dimly to half their normal intensity. After 15-20 seconds, an underground boom was heard. Next morning I went to the dispatcher office of the airport. Security guards… told me that they had seen balls of light burning on the wooden poles of the fence surrounding the airport’s meteorological station. They were very frightened. Fires glowed on the perimeter of the protection fence for 1-2 seconds.

Vasilyev 1999 re dendrology said:
… Anomalously large tree ring widths up to 9 mm were found in young specimens which were germinated after the catastrophe, while the average width of the growth rings before the catastrophe was only 0.2-1.0 mm.

9mm is huge for a northern species.

Thanks for the sneak preview, Laura. It's interesting that you said how much you learn when you start writing. I've sometimes noticed this phenomenon my self, as I prepare lectures etc. But I guess you take the process to a whole new level of intensity; it would be interesting to hear more about how you experience the creating/learning process, as you write.

After reading Gregory of Tours and John Malalas, my attention was focused on some paragraphs from work of Stéphane Lebecq (http://irhis.recherche.univ-lille3.fr/5Lebecq.html) "Les origines franques..." (http://histoire-et-geographie.oboulo.com/lebecq-stephane-origines-franques-ve-ixe-siecle-nouvelle-histoire-france-92669.html), where in Chapter III. "Dans un long VIe siècle, le poids des vieilles structures" mysterious atmosphere of desolation is mentioned...

Excuse me, I read this book in Russian translation, and I could´t find it in English.

I think that quoting of one-two paragraphs would be helpful in Laura´s book, especially if there are no examples of obvious concepts, when someone (in this case modern French author) looks, sees, describes, but does not understand the nature of things of that time.

This is fascinating, really. And a little "scary".

I ask myself if during the years between 1936-1945 some comets fall on earth? because humanity suffered alot by monsters. I am reading about Franco and the Nationalists... they were as worst as the Nazis. And Ernst Junger, in his diaries, talk about cannibalism perpetrated by the Nazis. Maybe there is no relation at all but maybe in those terrible years something was happening in the skies.

loreta said:

I ask myself if during the years between 1936-1945 some comets fall on earth? because humanity suffered alot by monsters. I am reading about Franco and the Nationalists... they were as worst as the Nazis. And Ernst Junger, in his diaries, talk about cannibalism perpetrated by the Nazis. Maybe there is no relation at all but maybe in those terrible years something was happening in the skies.

I suspect that the overall level of suffering is far greater today than it was then, even taking into account the barbarism of Hitler, Franco, Stalin, Churchill et al. We know of course that many atrocities were committed then, but today there are 7 billion people living under a control system that is totalitarian and global. Most people now live in cities that are unhealthy and stressful environments, under the complete control of an economic-financial system that is as invisible as it is omnipresent. I thin k it has taken the last 60 years of technological advances for the PTB to 'perfect' a vast machine which produces staggering amounts of negative energy to feed the system's designers.

Kniall said:
loreta said:

I suspect that the overall level of suffering is far greater today than it was then, even taking into account the barbarism of Hitler, Franco, Stalin, Churchill et al. We know of course that many atrocities were committed then, but today there are 7 billion people living under a control system that is totalitarian and global. Most people now live in cities that are unhealthy and stressful environments, under the complete control of an economic-financial system that is as invisible as it is omnipresent. I thin k it has taken the last 60 years of technological advances for the PTB to 'perfect' a vast machine which produces staggering amounts of negative energy to feed the system's designers.

Exactly, it's a different type of control system. People can't pinpoint exactly what is causing their life so much stress, it's a subtle matrix that reaches into every corner including our minds. Stockholm syndrome kicks in when we think about the poor children dying in other countries far away, but the machine is just as effective at draining our energy in modern western countries. It's just done differently.

I realize this is an old thread but figure I should add this bit of information.

Keay knew that, ordinarily, radio waves are electromagnetic, not acoustic and thus are not something that one ordinarily “hears”. In order for something to be heard, acoustic waves - vibrations of molecules of air – have to be present. These waves impinge on the eardrum and vibrate the inner ear which then converts the vibrations into sound. Electromagnetic waves such as radio signals and visible light, don't need a medium to propagate, don’t make waves in the air, and thus don't vibrate the human eardrum. Even radio waves of 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz - low frequencies, corresponding to the range of acoustic frequencies that humans can register as sound - are, by themselves, inaudible.

To make radio waves audible, humans invented the transducer, a device that efficiently translates electromagnetic waves into air-moving waves which can then be heard as sound. What Keay discovered was that even ordinary objects can act as such transducers. Slips of paper, aluminum foil, even eyeglasses: when Keay exposed them to rapidly shifting electromagnetic fields (that is, radio waves of very low frequency), the objects oscillated ever so slightly, creating weak--and faintly audible--acoustic waves.

It’s explained in chapter 15 of Arthur Firstenberg’s book The Invisible Rainbow how the the cochlea of the ear most likely has an electric component to it which would allow people to hear electricity. It’s detailed and too long to really explain here, however a pdf is available online for anyone who wants to search. Of note is that scientists who actually measured how much the eardrum moves concluded that there’s no way for those pressure waves to impact the hairs inside the cochlea. So if the comets/meteors arrive, it’s possible for us to “hear” them as they pass over and that type of hearing would essentially be instantaneous, since we would be directly hearing the electromagnetics given off and not actual sound.

Back
Top Bottom