Spirit Release Therapy - A Retrospective

Baldwin stressed the therapy part.
For those who have not read the book, here is my impression. Baldwin begins with a dozen or so Roman numbered pages with prefaces and forewords, then 60 + pages of introduction (Section I), then 100 pages about regression therapy (Section II), then some 30 pages about recovery of soul-mind fragmention. Having attempted to prepare the ground, on page 199 he gets to sprit releasement therapy which goes on for about 180 pages before he winds down talking about counseling and finishes off with discussion, afterwords, credits, and index. It took me a very long time to read this book, to digest even some of the ideas. The complexities and possibilities on the other side, or should we say the reality of which we only perceive a very narrow "band" (analogy radio) are just simply mind blowing.

Trauma releasing exercises are where people lie down and try to feel into their bodies to release the stuck action patterns within their bodies.
I have been practicing something like that since long and it has been very helpful for me to release stress on many levels. Also it seems that insights/connecting dots comes easier after the release.

Just like bringing abuse in the present life to consciousness, to examine and release it, can be most therapeutic, I think that past-life therapy is also very therapeutic in the same way and for much the same reasons. And in some of those cases, the frequency distortion of the current body state can be due to past life influences; if that is the "frequency match" that attaching entities utilize, if you clear up the problem, they have to go and things are put on a better way and better footing.

But without the therapeutic aspects, just willy-nilly tossing out attachments gets a person nowhere. And therapeutic approaches take a lot of knowledge and insight AND experience. Baldwin stressed the therapy part. I've demonstrated the technique a time or two. If you find an attachment, you need to find out what attracted it and deal with that effectively. That can be time consuming and a lot of "quick fixers" don't even go there.

Thank you for this clarification, Laura. I have had building up questions on this subject since the time I participated too in SRT with that guy recommended back then at the forum. Pretty much at the same time as the forum I found that what he offered was quite distorted and a waste of effort. One of my next steps will be to look for a decent past life therapist.

Along with that my questions are: if we suspect attachements etc what happens during meditation practice, POTS, singing to your Crystals etc on your own? Meaning: is there a chance that we fed and feed the wrong energies because our E/F/R still matches? Just continue practicing trusting the process? What happens if eg Reiki is given from the Distant Reiki team before or along with supportive therapy? Is there not a chance that many people have attachments they are not aware of? Also, what about all the critters (toxic bacteria, virus, parasites) who manifest physically because they match these low frequencies. You pointed to an order in this process. How strict is this order to watch out for - first find what attracted it- and then continue? Or can supporting with Reiki be given parallel in your healing process (taking in account that the client is aware enough)?

The C's have recommended SRT many times in the transcripts. Were those all extreme cases where maybe it was necessary?

I get what Laura is saying but a little confused since the C's recommended SRT several times.

[QUOTE="Gaby, post: 787971, member: 68"]I think it is important to not let the "inner child" tyrannize the self with whims and self-defeating narratives. A well-balanced adult in charge will provide the awareness and understanding for the inner child, without allowing the later to run the show.

The recommended psychological books in this forum has being very helpful in that regard. The concept of "inner child" could be extrapolated for other concepts such as thinking fast and slow (System 1 and System 2). You can enrich your view of the inner child with "Healing Developmental Trauma" as well. The more knowledge and awareness, the better your perspective. It helps to be more response-able.

My 2 cents![/QUOTE]

Many "Thanks" for this conversation. It is well needed. As a 15 year old. I was taken by my father to an obeh woman because of my rebellious nature. He felt my inquires and refusal to "Do as I say and not as I do" was the result of people working their magic on me in order to get to him. This was a sufficient reason to subject me to the whims of a Spirit Worker. During this time, my mother was going through chemotherapy on the continent.

In Obeah, just like most religious systems, there are opposing forces, those of positive and negative. My father's grandmother was a "Obeah Woman" of indigenous Carib/Kalina descent. She was practitioner of White or healing obeah. People came from all over the island for her healing powers. Unfortunately, she died while bringing my grandmother into the world. So, he knew something of how it works from his upbringing. However, the woman he took me to was one who worked with dark energies. At the time, I knew nothing of this obeah business because it it looked at as taboo in our religious indoctrinated society. Much of this story is being told from hindsight.

At any rate, he took me to this woman once a week for a couple of months until my mother returned, found out and put a stop to it. I was given various bush baths and different potions put on my body while this woman was chanting. Besides that, at some point, my personality was pushed aside and this woman became part of my psyche. She reported to my father all who I had come in contact with as well as conversations I had. I was me on the outside, but someone else on the inside. It was as if I was just an observer locked in a shell.

When my mother returned from her treatment, I had lost at least 30ibs and extremely ill. She demanded to know what was gping on and particularly what was wrong with me. When she found out that my father had been taking me to an obeah woman, she was beyond angry. By that time I had stopped going to my classes because my thought process was all jumbled up and lacked the ability to focus on any type of class work, like chemistry, calculus and so forth. It took me at least two months to recover. I was out of school for sometime until my mother felt I had healed enough to go back to school. By this time, my grades had dropped to 0's and I had to go to summer school to retake the classes I failed so I could graduate on time with the rest of my classmates.

While it appeared that I had healed on the outside, I had another energy still lingering inside me. This energy would overcome me when I got angry or emotionally charged. At one time, my anger drove me to almost run my father down with my mother's car. It was then she realized that there was something extremely wrong with me because I did not show any remorse. I had become very cold and hard almost without any Love at all, except for that shown to her and my brothers. At one time my father was my hero and best friend, but he changed. I was a Daddy's girl. Our relationship changed when he became, emotionally. mentally and spiritually abusive to our mother as well as my brothers and I.

I had been internalizing my powerlessness as a child and instead of hurting others, my unresolved psychological trauma ate away at my joints at an alarming rate. After many long years of various types of counseling including hypnotherapy, taking psychotropic drugs (which do not work by the way) and finally inner work, I came to terms with the brokenness of my inner child. The hypnotherapy helped me to do this in a safe environment which made it possible for me to forgive myself as well as forgive my father in order to release myself from the hateful person I was becoming. I realized I was beginning to take on the traits of my father who I did not want to become.

It has been quite a journey and not an easy one coming face to face with demons and having to deal with each one until I found myself. My alter ego is still with me, her name is Hilda. She cones out ever so often, however, for the most part I have learned various techniques like meditation, EE, thinking before speaking, mindfulness, living in awareness and consciousness of my actions and how they affect others. I also embraced the Love that is everywhere, but I already knew Love because our mother showered us with it. That is what saved me.

When I used to get stressed out, my sanctuary was the ocean. That is where I would release all that negative energy. Hilda no longer controls me. but she has shown up when she was needed. It is a balance, however, I do my best to remain present even when it means negotiating with Hilda. Unfortunately, since I was contaminated by the ocean 10 years ago, my visits to the ocean are those of visualization. Funny, I have never written this down before. Thank You again for this conversation. In Peace.

The way I see it, we can try our best to understand how some things impacted us as children, how we felt when we were children about some particular things and how that may be still influencing how we respond today to situations that trigger those feelings. We can also release emotions that were stuck from childhood, I guess, and slowly learn how to let go of the patterns created by early experiences. In the process, 'talking to the inner child' can be a tool to navigate a particular cluster of feelings and patterns of behaviour that stem from a painful situation/circumstance, for example. As when dealing with something that is particularly painful, making a distinction between the child you were then and the adult you are now, can give perspective as to why it hurt you (you were a child), why you responded the way you did and how you are now a stronger adult who can take responsibility to make things better for yourself and not allow that childhood adaptation/response to control your present life. There may or may not be some talking with that 'inner child' in the process, but it isn't like really talking to a child inside us as separate entity. It would be more like remembering while remaining conscious of your present circumstances and that you are now an adult... OSIT.

I wouldn't say this kind of approach is helpful to everyone in all circumstances, though. But it seems to be helpful in some cases.

To continue on this, I'm currently working on the self-authoring suite provided by Peterson's team. I just finished the Present authoring program, virtues, and faults. Will continue with future and finish with the past.
For each virtue and fault you selected and ordered from a list of attributes drawn from the big five traits, you have to think about a situation in your life where it was relevant. Second, what could you have done better in that situation? Third, more generally, how to implement this virtue or reduce this fault in your life?

What I realized just through the present program is that a lot of faults I believe I hold originate from heavily emotionally charged situations from two periods: 9/12 years old, and 16/18 years old. For the most relevant ones, I have some examples in the present, but the others I STILL attribute myself, are just remnants from that period, and I actually can say I learned to handle it since but convinced myself I still have them. I realized how distorted my self-perception is on some points and how it affects my overall behavior.
My virtues are examples from 18 to now in comparison.

I think it's a great tool to be used and accompany that process of asking the right questions, it also is an opportunity to give an eternal hug from the future to that child and teenager who were way too sensible and self-centered.
We'll see what the Past authoring will bring up!

It might be a particular period for attachments to be made. At least it was for me.

I did SRT too at the time the topic was on, it didn't change much though I found it fascinating to learn what I learned through that session. I also really appreciated his basic script for earthbound spirits willing to transition, found it liberating and safe to use. As it asks specifically for those willing to transition, I thought it was quite ok, do we agree on that?

What could be worse than to be fated to have chunks of your energy taken away and stuffed in the psychic wounds of individuals who don't have the will or desire to do their own work? And after you clean them up and get them all "bandaged", they go out and play in the dirt again and again (as they will and do)?

I don't know anyone better qualified than Laura to give wise counsel based on real experiences with SRT.

When reading this part I was reminded of a bible verse describing a similar idea (the Cs say that only about 30% of the bible is valid so maybe this verse is part of the 30% or maybe not).

An Unclean Spirit Returns
(Luke 11:24-26)

43When an unclean spirit comes out of a man, it passes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ On its return, it finds the house vacant, swept clean and put in order. 45Then it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and dwell there; and the final plight of that man is worse than the first. So will it be with this wicked generation.”

When we look around at this Dionysius minded generation it is not difficult to think it is possessed or gone totally mad.

It really makes sense to me that a "quick fix" usually is only a stop-gap measure and without doing The Work on ourselves any gains will probably only be temporary at best.

This Work is not a quick-fix but a steady and sometimes arduous task. It is the process of acquiring Knowledge.

Session 5 October 1994:
Q: (L) Do demons and evil spirits fear anything?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) Do they fear any power that we, as humans, possess?

A: Yes. Knowledge.

Q: (L) Do they fear religious symbols, signs or figures?

A: No.

Q: (L) Is there any name or sign or symbol that can halt their activity?

A: Sometimes.
{It is curious that the Cassiopaeans have said that "demons" do not "fear" religious symbols, signs or figures, but that there may be some name, sign or symbol that can halt their activity! A most interesting clue.}

Q: (L) Were they afraid of Christ?

A: Yes. Because of his knowledge. The mass of his knowledge raised his vibrations. Knowledge is truly power.

Q: (L) Do pentagrams have any effect in slowing down or halting negative entities?

A: Only if you think they do.

Q: (L) Is the greatest power we have to resist demonic entities held in our free will: our power to say no?

A: No.

Q: (L) What is our greatest power?

A: Knowledge.

Q: (L) Does the accumulation of spiritual knowledge hold the key?

Q: (L) Is there any other clue you can give us?

A: You do not need anything else than knowledge.

Also sometimes we could be seeing demons where there are none or vise/versa:

Session 22 April 1995:
Q: (L) Were the guys who did this just loose cannons?

A: Close.

Q: (L) So this was just... (J) A couple of fruitcakes got together and... (L) Fruited?

A: It is very easy to be manipulated, thus be confused and see demons where there are none and the opposite.

Q: (L) Are you saying that these guys were manipulated?

Learning as I search here it seems like demons may be considered 5D in origin (not something I would like to deal with but Laura has):

Session 9 June 1995:
Q: (L) The first one is: On Tuesday night, I did a spirit release on a fellow named V__ M__. It seemed to get a little rough. What type of entity were we dealing with?

A: STS

Q: (L) What density level?

A: Fifth. [Demonic.]

Q: (L) Was I successful in freeing V__ from this domination?

A: Open.

Q: (L) Is that STS entity gone for at least this time?

A: From direct attachment.

Q: (L) Is that entity going to try to return?

A: Open.

Bringing this more into perspective and more into balance the Cs say this:

Q: (L) How many questions do you have left Joe? (J) Given the end of the world scenario, all my other questions pale into insignificance. (laughter) (L) What questions do you have? (Ark) They would not fit this session. (L) They belong to a different sessions with Joe's questions? (laughter) (L) Okay. What is the most essential thing for us to know about Paleochristianity, about what people need to know?

A: People need to know about pathology as you call it. In former times it was often referred to as demonic possession. In some cases, they were right.

Q: (L) But clearly not in all cases, and that needs to made absolutely clear because there are some people who are just sick.

A: Yes. Hyperdimensional influences are often the cause of pathology. This can be due to influences at this level of reality including dietary and nurture.[/QUOTE]

Just finished THE MYTH OF SANITY. A very sobering book with some very extreme problems. I didn't suffer any childhood abuse as described but feel I do have some very strong feelings from my my younger years. When I get certain feelings or a flashback ,for the life of me, I cannot remember any of the details involved and it's those details I feel I really need to remember. It's very frustrating as I think actual remembering of those is the key.

Just finished THE MYTH OF SANITY. A very sobering book with some very extreme problems. I didn't suffer any childhood abuse as described but feel I do have some very strong feelings from my my younger years. When I get certain feelings or a flashback ,for the life of me, I cannot remember any of the details involved and it's those details I feel I really need to remember. It's very frustrating as I think actual remembering of those is the key.

I don't think this is necessarily true. Remembering those details may re-traumatise us, if we are not careful. Also, if something happened in childhood which is traumatising the brain is flooded with chemicals (cortisol?) which means that in some cases the event will not even be recorded, so to speak. Just trying to look at these very strong feelings in a detached manner, as objectively as we can, will help us more, OSIT. NeurOptimal 3 sessions (plus Reiki) have helped me a great deal in that regard.

I didn't suffer any childhood abuse as described but feel I do have some very strong feelings from my my younger years. When I get certain feelings or a flashback ,for the life of me, I cannot remember any of the details involved and it's those details I feel I really need to remember. It's very frustrating as I think actual remembering of those is the key.
Healing Developmental Trauma and the NARM approach may be good for you, when remembering is not possible.

Remember, a smart man learns from his mistakes, a genius learns from the mistakes of others. In the field called SRT, there wasn't a lot of material to learn from in the early days. William Baldwin's book was the main compendium out there, and he had studied older sources, finding only bits and pieces. So, when I encountered it, it seemed like a great new thing, so to say, another tool in the kit for "fighting evil".
William Baldwin SRT information was my first wake up call in 2013 that something else is out there.I have since then always have great interest in this topic.I had gone to SOTT archives to save as much information on SRT .I had listened to Laura's interview on SOTT several times in the last three months so to hear this information (new to me) is so refreshing.

So, essentially, when a person does SRT for another, they are violating the ultimate will of that individual to learn and grow and that has reciprocal effects on the person doing the SRT. It is as though you have placed some of your own essence/being into the place of the entity and thereafter, you are "in harness" with that individual. And if that individual is not doing work on themselves to change their frequency, then you can get pulled down with them. You probably won't match exactly, but enough damage can be done to bring about physical illness or other types of organic breakdown of your own system.
When you are grown up in these emotional driven denomination.You are so indoctrinated in the evil of spirit obsession that you just want to be of service. Laura thanks again for clarification on this topic.Its like a bullet smashing all confusing on SRT.

I don't think this is necessarily true. Remembering those details may re-traumatise us, if we are not careful. Also, if something happened in childhood which is traumatising the brain is flooded with chemicals (cortisol?) which means that in some cases the event will not even be recorded, so to speak. Just trying to look at these very strong feelings in a detached manner, as objectively as we can, will help us more, OSIT. NeurOptimal 3 sessions (plus Reiki) have helped me a great deal in that regard.

Mariama, Thank you for your advice... it makes sense and I will certainly try as you say. Cannot find any NO near me but started neurofeed back yesterday so hopefully that will help.

Mariama, Thank you for your advice... it makes sense and I will certainly try as you say. Cannot find any NO near me but started neurofeed back yesterday so hopefully that will help.

I would just say that neurofeed back in general is not the same approach that NO is based upon. NO does not target any specific frequencies to give rewards for changed patterns. NO allows the brain to receive audible and visual feedback and it is our own brain response that does the balancing (at least as best theorized by the inventor/psychologist/scientist). It is expensive and sometimes difficult to find a rental practitioner but hopefully at some point you can give it a try.

What it means is that, at this point in my life and experience, I've learned that people are here to learn lessons and if you try to stop bullets for them, you are the one who gets shot.
Yes!
I came to that conclusion in 2014.

The experiences made me really sit up and take note of the entire picture being seen here and caused me to tortoise. I can only deal with my own issues. If any attachment releases it's grip it is because of changes made internally by you personally. No one can do that for you.

I never did a srt session with anyone. The only lasting changes seem to be ones that I personally make internally. The results of which seem to be durable.

I've recently been made aware that there are some people associated with this forum who have involved themselves in some sort of SRT, possibly combining it with Reiki, and also claiming to identify "alternate personalities" within themselves, AKA Dissociative Identity Disorder. This is a bit alarming for a number of reasons. Let me try to list some of my observations and experiences and conclusions which I hope will act as a "word to the wise."

Remember, a smart man learns from his mistakes, a genius learns from the mistakes of others. In the field called SRT, there wasn't a lot of material to learn from in the early days. William Baldwin's book was the main compendium out there, and he had studied older sources, finding only bits and pieces. So, when I encountered it, it seemed like a great new thing, so to say, another tool in the kit for "fighting evil".

Off I went into the fray with more arrogance than wisdom; I'm lucky I survived; I almost didn't.

The take-home message I finally understood was that, in a sense, SRT is a violation of free will. If a person gets "attached" it is usually because there is a frequency match between the individual - or some part of the individual - and the attaching entity, whether "dead dude" or elemental or demonic. If the entity is persuaded to leave, that doesn't change the individual's frequency; the only thing that can change the frequency is work on the self, by the self. That's the bottom line. And when a person thinks that "oh, it's easy, just do SRT and presto, problem solved!" they are much less inclined to do the very hard and painful work on the self. In a sense, you could say that the attaching entity is causing them the pain they COULD experience by choice, only with better ultimate results, i.e. changing their frequency, direction, and even reality.

So, essentially, when a person does SRT for another, they are violating the ultimate will of that individual to learn and grow and that has reciprocal effects on the person doing the SRT. It is as though you have placed some of your own essence/being into the place of the entity and thereafter, you are "in harness" with that individual. And if that individual is not doing work on themselves to change their frequency, then you can get pulled down with them. You probably won't match exactly, but enough damage can be done to bring about physical illness or other types of organic breakdown of your own system.

Now, all of the above is not to say that some individuals do not have a "gift" for doing SRT, shamanically, so to say. But the price they pay is usually pretty high if you follow their life trajectories, and according to what I have described above. They cannot, in any way, be considered "normal", and it is possible that their "talent" is a consequence of some past life influence, positive or negative. It could even be considered a "curse" that they must endure for a lifetime, however short it is, in order to pay for some serious lapse in other times and places. What could be worse than to be fated to have chunks of your energy taken away and stuffed in the psychic wounds of individuals who don't have the will or desire to do their own work? And after you clean them up and get them all "bandaged", they go out and play in the dirt again and again (as they will and do)?

Some thought should be given to DID, also. What if a so-called "entity" is simply a part of a fragmented personality? What are you doing but amputating parts of an individual if you seek to dismiss that part? And what goes in its place? Part of you, again, and you become fragmented yourself.

In general, the Work as Gurdjieff conceived it was designed to assist people in overcoming their mild dissociations which we can better understand by reading Martha Stout's book "The Myth of Sanity". The book is about more severe cases that may be very resistant to healing, but my point is that she does talk about the more ordinary dissociations to which everyone is heir at one time or another.

If a person's dissociated selves are mild and ordinary, there is a good possibility that they can "become one" within themselves via work on the self as we have developed it here utilizing many sources and guided by the Cs. A person who has more severe dissociation, as in actual DID, are most likely not suitable to do the Work, and cannot do it. Again, perhaps they are dealing with a karmic burden, an "infantile" spirit, or whatever; bottom line is, they just can't do the work and the most they can hope for is to try to achieve a modicum of normality as in striving to become a good obyvatal but possibly even that is out of reach. But striving is good as that is a form of working on the self.

Our policy here is that, if we encounter such individuals, we try to give them support and some guidance, but we know, realistically, that they cannot do the Work and, when the rubber hits the road, they will probably disintegrate even more. But, in the meantime, we do the best we can to help and guide even if we realize that no results - or very little - can be expected.

Now, as to the idea that one can use Reiki sessions as "SRT opportunities", well, considering all of the above, I think most of you will realize what a very bad idea that is. First of all, if a number of people are standing around with their hands on an individual and some one of the group is attempting to do SRT, it simply spreads around the responsibility for creating the "gap" that must be filled; so who is going to give a chunk of themselves to replace what is removed? Even worse, is it possible that there are gaps in other members of such a group that will create a fine new home for an entity that finds itself in discomfort? Yes, Reiki is supposed to protect against receiving back negative energies from a person being treated, but that is predicated on the idea that nothing is being "stirred up", and the only intent is to pass the life force to the individual. As most of you have guessed, in our reality, intent has its limitations and if you are intending one thing one way, and then another thing another way, what's going to happen? You can't have it both ways.

I think the above is enough of a "word to the wise".

It's best to not meddle with things you do not fully understand because you be crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Excelent explanation Laura...thank you very much as always you did on the target..
By the way Happy birthday!!!
💋 to you

Back
Top Bottom