Strange howls caught on video in Ontario, Canada

I sent the video to someone I know who lives out in the country and she thinks it's a bunch of wolves. I'm not convinced, though. I did come across this maned wolf roar-bark that might be similar, but even so, they are native to South America, so wrong hemisphere and the roar is much shorter in comparison to whatever it was in the creepy sound video.

I sent the video to someone I know who lives out in the country and she thinks it's a bunch of wolves. I'm not convinced, though. I did come across this maned wolf roar-bark that might be similar, but even so, they are native to South America, so wrong hemisphere and the roar is much shorter in comparison to whatever it was in the creepy sound video.
Its funny how most people refuse to be creeped out - this reminds me of my mother who always just flatly refused to acknowledge anything supernatural and would always assign some mundane explanation.
Anyhows i agree with most here - this cannot be vocalisation of any canid domestic or wild.
Whatever it is - it sounded more like it was in agony than pissed off. Still very creepy.

I agree with others that it doesn't sound like a dog or a wolf. Especially that someone who he'd been a hunter all his life said he had never heard anything like this. He'd most likely heard wolves or dogs howling from a distance before so he'd have recognised the sound. It does sound really strange, as if it came from a chamber or something. I'm no expert but it sounds like one heck of an unhappy or hurt window faller to me - or at least some really weird animal that isn't often encountered :scared:

The sound was getting progressively louder towards the end, maybe the thing heard the baby's cry and started approaching them? If it was me there would be no video to share becuase I'd have run too fast to make one!

I found a video of the sound of wolves howling in a distance. It's kind of similar but I wouldn't say the creature in the creepy Ontario video was a wolf.

Last edited:
Yeah, and that's no mountain lion either!

Not sure what makes a sound like that :shock:
I’d say that’s a mountain lion. I live in Iowa, and we’ll get them occasionally migrating into our area. A friend of mine that owns quite a bit of land will get them by a creek bed on his property every few years. Scares the crap out of him and is wife because it sounds like someone getting murdered. There’s quite a few videos of trail cams that capture them making the noise.

This sound is the closest match IMO, although it doesn't sound so unhappy.

The sounds recorded here kind of sound similar, too:

While looking for videos, I came across the following video of a 'Bigfoot sighting' on Christmas day in 2014 in Northern Minnesota. You can see it at 0.06 outside the window, 0.53, and 3.45.

At some point she asks "You guys hear it?" But I don't hear anything though, perhaps it's faint.

Of course, it could be a guy in a gorilla suit, but I have to say the way it moves is somewhat similar to how Bigfoot moved in the famous Bigfoot footage as presented in this video (starts from 16.00).

The only one time that i heard a "similar" sound, i was working in the down of penstocks surrounded by hills and mountains:
it was the monthly test of the several warning sirens placed in strategic locations to be the most effective, to evacuate because the dam broke down. And it is sound clear that is not the case here!

On the place of these strange howls this article have something to add:
Few people are fortunate (or unfortunate) enough to see a Bigfoot. Even fewer have heard the infamous Bigfoot howl, much less have the wherewithal to record the audio. As usual, the best place to see or hear Bigfoot is where it’s been seen or heard before. Stargell Blackstar may not have known he was in Bigfoot territory when grouse hunting recently in Sioux Lookout, Ontario, but his hunting reflexes kicked into high gear when he heard a howl and managed to record the audio and had his camera poised if the screamer walked out of the woods. What did the Blackstar family encounter?
Bigfoot Howl Recorded Deep in a Canadian Forest | Mysterious Universe

I thought the same! Maybe it was just my hearing, but I thought it went quiet momentarily after the baby made the noise for the 2nd or 3rd time. I would've been out of there sharpish🏃‍♀️
Yikes! That gave me the creeps- definitely doesn’t sound wolf or dog to me. Given some of the David Paulides interviews I’ve recently listened to, I’d be outta there in a flash.

Yeah, the howls in the first video are pretty similar to the strange sky sounds. It could just be some kind of magnetic disturbance in the atmosphere.

I would also say that the same goes for the Bigfoot Screams. Hopefully. Otherwise, better not go hiking no more. :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom