Strange howls caught on video in Ontario, Canada

Here is a little story from Les Stroud (Survivorman) in which he describes a rather strange encounter in the middle of nowhere while filming for his Alaska episode (completely alone by the way) with noises and something with apparently incredible strength. Notice also in this case the peculiarity that is so common to this phenomena, that it happened right at that point the camera wasn't working and as soon as it was turned on it was gone.

I would highly recommend anyone interested in this topic to watch Les Stroud "Survivorman Bigfoot" documentary series (mentioned here). If there is a guy with deep experience in the wild who knows what he is talking about, he is the go-to guy, no doubt about it. In fact, I think his work deserves a separate thread that I'll probably open at some point. Without giving too much of a spoiler, if anything, Les Stroud managed to encapsulate in the documentary (which is all done by himself, including filming, music, narration etc) a pretty good sense of the mysterious/creepy nature of the phenomena and the high strangeness that seems to go along with it more often than not. He is a pretty open guy but at the same time very skeptical and scientific in how he approaches things and also does not shy away to consider the spiritual nature of phenomena. He also had the guts to openly support David Paulides in his research concerning Missing 411.

Last edited:
Here is short segment of Les Stroud discussing the topic and his experiences in the wild with Joe Rogan before he filmed the Bigfoot series:

There is a newer episode out there in which Rogan interviewed Stroud in which Rogan somewhat exposed his ignorant and somewhat jerkish stands in regards to the topic and people who have reported about it.

"Survivorman Bigfoot" documentary series (mentioned here)

Since you linked (above) to another thread on the forum that involves discussion of the YT channel of "Sylvanic Bigfoot" I thought I'd mention that that's another obvious hoax site, and another good example of the lengths people will go to.

Les Stroud managed to encapsulate in the documentary (which is all done by himself, including filming, music, narration etc) a pretty good sense of the mysterious/creepy nature of the phenomena and the high strangeness that seems to go along with it more often than not. He is a pretty open guy but at the same time very skeptical and scientific in how he approaches things

Haven't seen the documentary so can't comment on it, but Les Stroud seems to have hooked up with bigfoot hoaxer Todd Standing. This video is from Stroud's YT channel, apparently he did a Surviorman show about bigfoot with Standing

Here is a little story from Les Stroud (Survivorman) in which he describes a rather strange encounter in the middle of nowhere while filming for his Alaska episode (completely alone by the way) with noises and something with apparently incredible strength. Notice also in this case the peculiarity that is so common to this phenomena, that it happened right at that point the camera wasn't working and as soon as it was turned on it was gone.

Two things. First, the reason that he didn't capture it on camera could be because he didn't see anything. Second, the noises he makes to imitate what he allegedly hears is, as he says, exactly like a great ape. I can't be sure of course, but I have never heard any of the more plausible bigfoot sounds that sounded exactly like a great ape. I think Stroud is doing this just for kicks, as are the other BF "investigators, and it's obviously a source of revenue for them.

As someone posted on one of Stroud's videos that feature Standing's dodgy footage:

"There have been hundreds if not thousands of people over the last 40 or 50 years that dedicate their lives in attempting to capture something on film that even remotely might resemble a sasquatch, Yet, you go to Todd Standings website or even right here on youtube and you would swear the guy has a breeding program going on. He has more footage of this creature than any 10 researchers combined. I'm not saying that everything he has is a hoax, but it appears The only footage i think he doesn't have, Is one catching the bus to a white sox game."

Last edited:
Joe Rogan's show with Stroud didn't really impress me. He seems pretty insincere and a bit of an idiot to be honest.

Stroud apparently thinks these two images produced by Standing, might be real. Either he's a fool or, like I said, he's just doing it for laughs and clics.
Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

That's the thing about this topic that we need to keep in mind when looking at "evidence" presented by people. There are a lot of people who seem to think that it's all just a bit of fun, almost like a meme, that has been ongoing for decades, like belief in Leprechauns or something, and that it's totally legitimate to play into it and make some money from it if possible.

About these funny heads in the bushes: If a creature in that distance would stare so stubbornly into one direction then it would be the direction of the camera and nowhere else, but looking straight into a puppets face leaves no doubt that it's not a living thing so they didn't do that.

Since you linked (above) to another thread on the forum that involves discussion of the YT channel of "Sylvanic Bigfoot" I thought I'd mention that that's another obvious hoax site, and another good example of the lengths people will go to.

Haven't seen the documentary so can't comment on it, but Les Stroud seems to have hooked up with bigfoot hoaxer Todd Standing. This video is from Stroud's YT channel, apparently he did a Surviorman show about bigfoot with Standing

The bolted part was also my initial take on it which I changed a couple of years later after having looked into Todd's stuff more extensively and the subject in general. In the last linked post and the follow-ups I also went a bit through why and how Les got hooked up with Todd, at least according to Les.

I think Stroud is doing this just for kicks, as are the other BF "investigators, and it's obviously a source of revenue for them.

Could be, although he didn't strike me as someone who would do that, at least back then, which could be totally wrong though.

As someone posted on one of Stroud's videos that feature Standing's dodgy footage:

"There have been hundreds if not thousands of people over the last 40 or 50 years that dedicate their lives in attempting to capture something on film that even remotely might resemble a sasquatch, Yet, you go to Todd Standings website or even right here on youtube and you would swear the guy has a breeding program going on. He has more footage of this creature than any 10 researchers combined. I'm not saying that everything he has is a hoax, but it appears The only footage i think he doesn't have, Is one catching the bus to a white sox game."

In actuality there are only 5 or 6 video segments Todd ever published (which he claimed, he captured) as far as I'm aware of, so for the commentator to insinuate that he has taken so many "incredible" videos and pictures that "the only footage I think he doesn't have, Is one catching the bus to a white sox game" is kind of not what has happened.

Having said that, there is definitely a number of things about Todd especially that ring the "hoaxer" bell including his rather obvious exaggerations and almost true believer kind of exclamations. Even in the two parts of Les Bigfoot Docu in which he went out with Todd, Les mentioned at least one incident which made him seriously question Todds integrity and truthfulness and stated as much in the docu.

Joe Rogan's show with Stroud didn't really impress me. He seems pretty insincere and a bit of an idiot to be honest.

The podcast above was done after Les went out with Todd in two episodes of his docu "to find bigfoot". What is clear though is that Les still believed at that point quite firmly that there is a good possibility that Todd hasn't made this up, or at least what he experienced with him (and alone in the areas this was supposedly captured) in the wild wasn't faked. Or at least Les pretended to believe Todd there. To be clear though, nothing really shows up in Les docu, only apparently strange circumstances and things that could be interpreted as having a strange taste to it in regards to the Bigfoot reality. So you won't find anything remarkable and "in your face" captured in Les docu.

In actuality there are only 5 or 6 video segments Todd ever published (which he claimed, he captured) as far as I'm aware of, so for the commentator to insinuate that he has taken so many "incredible" videos and pictures that "the only footage I think he doesn't have, Is one catching the bus to a white sox game" is kind of not what has happened.

Sure, but the guy is an obvious charlatan. He takes people out into the wilderness for a week to "investigate bigfoot" when all he has done is deliberately publish laughably fake videos of bigfoot.

To be clear though, nothing really shows up in Les docu, only apparently strange circumstances and things that could be interpreted as having a strange taste to it in regards to the Bigfoot reality. So you won't find anything remarkable and "in your face" captured in Les docu.

Yeah, and that says a lot. These people are NOT serious about this topic. Also, in the Rogan interview Stroud says explicitly that he was NOT present during the video taping of those supposed 'faces' above. So Stroud has no evidence on which to base any faith in Standing.

Last edited:
In looking at that guy's videos and claims, I compared them to what we know about these kinds of phenomena, i.e. that they're usually very 'high strangeness', rather than the pedestrian experience he has supposedly had, and the information from the Cs about what these creatures actually are (pets and 'gofers' used to collect samples etc.). Yet with this guy, you have a "big foot" with a very human sounding voice leaving him marbles and things and calling him "brother" and giggling and laughing and saying "tree" and "flower", which appears to be designed to fit in with the dude's belief that these 'big feet' are the "missing link" between us and humans and are just "minsuderstood" and "shy" etc. etc.

Just to be clear though, the claim is that the guy, Mike Patterson created the hoax with another guy, Dwayne Scott (aka Darryl Strumm) who owns the property on which the events took place. Scott eventually got tired of it and the two fell out.

That's one of the things about his story, there was a lot of high strangeness, according to Patterson, surrounding every encounter. Weird happenings, missing time, objects supposedly appearing and disappearing right in front of them, psychic encounters, etc. That the two went hand-in-hand. This was, to some degree, attested to by Scott, who I hadn't realized came out and stated it was a hoax, but also Scott's father in one interview where he said he had an encounter in a dream. And Patterson invited Chris Munch (who made a movie about Bigfoot) out there who said the said similar things when he went to the property. All quite bizarre.

Last edited:
That's one of the things about his story, there was a lot of high strangeness, according to Patterson, surrounding every encounter. Weird happenings, missing time, objects supposedly appearing and disappearing right in front of them, psychic encounters, etc. That the two went hand-in-hand. This was, to some degree, attested to by Scott, who I hadn't realized came out and stated it was a hoax, but also Scott's father in one interview where he said he had an encounter in a dream. And Patterson invited Chris Munch (who made a movie about Bigfoot) out there who said the said similar things when he went to the property. All quite bizarre.

All the things you would need to claim if you wanted to generate attention for your money-making operation. Bottom line for me is, this guy's only evidence for his claims is a couple of videos with obvious puppets playing the part of "bigfoot".

Back
Top Bottom