Strange howls caught on video in Ontario, Canada

It was similar to this one here:

Ps: sorry for the noise... no pun intended lol, I just noticed that Gawan had already posted this video earlier in the thread.

Reactions: Joe
It was similar to this one here:

Yeah, as Gawan mentioned previously, those sounds above were part of the latest "missing 411" documentary. I think they are more convincing than the video that started this thread. Note in that video that the sounds are more or less the same in every iteration. The ones from the 411 documentary however have different types of long calls and "chatter" too.

I sent the video to someone I know who lives out in the country and she thinks it's a bunch of wolves. I'm not convinced, though. I did come across this maned wolf roar-bark that might be similar, but even so, they are native to South America, so wrong hemisphere and the roar is much shorter in comparison to whatever it was in the creepy sound video.

That's pretty cool, and not dissimilar to a deer bark, although more impressive. Here's a deer bark

It's a good idea to keep in mind that there are many types of animals in woods (including the occasional bigfoot) that make sounds that sound pretty creepy, and if you're not familiar with them, you can easily conclude they are "otherworldly" when they are not.

There is also the problem of many, many people taking video of quiet forests and overlaying audio from video games etc on top of them, for clics.

Last edited:
While looking for videos, I came across the following video of a 'Bigfoot sighting' on Christmas day in 2014 in Northern Minnesota. You can see it at 0.06 outside the window, 0.53, and 3.45.

At some point she asks "You guys hear it?" But I don't hear anything though, perhaps it's faint.

Of course, it could be a guy in a gorilla suit, but I have to say the way it moves is somewhat similar to how Bigfoot moved in the famous Bigfoot footage as presented in this video (starts from 16.00).

I'd go with guy in a monkey suit on that one. Why didn't they go, if only a while later, and look for footprints? Because no one is gonna believe bigfoot wears size 10 Timberland boots?

Very creepy indeed. That doesn't sound like any animal I've ever heard. It reminds me of this Sasquatch Ontario you-tuber who supposedly goes out and converses with a family of sasquatch, or just the younger sasquatch child. He reports loads of high strangeness happening around these events. He's got loads of videos about his adventures, best not to watch these videos at night😱.

It's difficult to decide if it's real but here is one video with some supposed conversation.

Watched that video and a few others from his channel. Seems like a hoax to me. The voice of his "sasquatch friend" is pretty clearly a human voice to me.

I'm surprised no one is familiar with this:
Bigfoot: A Deadly Mimic?
Nick Redfern

One of the lesser known aspects of the Bigfoot phenomenon is the reported ability of the creatures to mimic the distressing cries of a human baby. Almost certainly, this is done to try and lure concerned people deep into the woods. Of course, the big question is: why? We could speculate that the Bigfoot are on the hunt for a tasty meal or several – namely us. After all, most people, if they heard an abandoned baby crying in the woods, would quickly seek out the baby and bring it to safety. Perhaps the Bigfoot know this and, as a result, are not beyond finding ingenious and sinister ways of drawing us to them – and for the worst outcome possible.

The small town of Ennis, Texas was the site of a brief series of such encounters with a Bigfoot-style entity in 1964. Those same encounters involved an immense monster, one which was described by the half a dozen people who saw it as being somewhere between eight and ten feet in height. Notably, nearly all of the encounters occurred at the site of an old, and now-demolished, wooden bridge that spanned a still-existing creek. Eye-opening is the fact that the bridge became known by the locals as Cry-Baby Bridge – on specific account of the disturbing, and baby-like, wailing that were always heard when the hairy monster was around. Fortunately, despite the voice sounding like the cries of a baby, no-one fell for the potentially-deadly ruse. All recognized it for what it was: an attempt to reel in the witnesses and for reasons that remain unknown. But, they were surely nothing of a positive nature.

Five years later, in 1969, the Ennis Bigfoot was back again – as were the baby-like cries, which continued to haunt the old bridge and those that saw the beast across what was a period of roughly five weeks. Again, the monster was immense: around nine feet tall. There was a difference, however: the Bigfoot was seen to run on both four limbs and two, despite looking entirely humanoid in shape and stance when upright. One final thing on this particular matter: of the several old graveyards that can be found in and around the Ennis area, one is called Cryer Creek Cemetery. Cryer Creek is a town located just a few miles from Barry, Texas. Today, it has a population of under twenty. That’s to say the dead significantly outnumber the living in the 19th century town. There is a notable story behind the name of the town.

When it was settled in the 1850s, by one William Melton, one of the most important things on the agenda was the name of the town. It is eye-opening to note that the name chosen, Cryer Creek, was inspired by local legends. They were legends which suggested if one was to walk the old, nearby creeks late at night, one would hear the fear-filled cries of a woman. That there are stories of strange cries amid the local creeks, dating back to the middle years of the 19th century, strongly suggests that Chambers Creek’s monstrous mimics were around long before the events of 1964 began.

Now, let’s take a trip to the 1970s. Stan Gordon is one of the world’s leading figures in the field of Bigfoot investigations – and particularly so cases that are steeped in mystifying high-strangeness. In October 1973, Gordon investigated a very weird case which was focused upon the late-night landing of a brightly lit UFO in a rural part of Pennsylvania; it’s a case that appears in Gordon’s 2010 book, Silent Invasion. As a group of concerned and inquisitive locals reached the area of farmland where the UFO touched down, the air was filled with the sound of what seemed to be – yes, you guessed right – a crying baby.

As the group got closer they could see a significantly sized dome-like object sitting in the darkness of a large pasture. If that was not enough, to the horror of the men a pair of large and lumbering Bigfoot loomed out of the shadows and proceeded to head towards them. Panic immediately erupted and the group scattered, firing their guns at the beasts as they did so. The bullets had no effect, and no evidence of a baby – in distress or otherwise – was ever found. Of course, their concern for the baby was the key thing that spurred them on to close in on the UFO. Which, in all likelihood, was the goal of the sly, mimicking monsters in their midst.

Listened to the first vid twice and really only hear the baby noise with just some very faint maybe skysound noise?

I'd go with guy in a monkey suit on that one. Why didn't they go, if only a while later, and look for footprints? Because no one is gonna believe bigfoot wears size 10 Timberland boots?

Good point! One of the YT commentators asked that question and the uploader responded:

"It was snowing...why didn't anyone go out to area and take footprints?"

Uploader: "We did, but not until long after it cleared. Didn't know what it was but didn't want to get attacked by it. Do we stayed near the house. It's Northern Minnesota, snow is DEEP in the woods, footprints just looked like foot deep holes in the snow."

Though someone else responded: "C'mon, don't kid a kidder! I live in northern Wisconsin, there's tracks all over the place. If something walked through there, especially that close to the clearing, you'd see tracks. Nice try, though, some people are fooled!"

Last edited:
Watched that video and a few others from his channel. Seems like a hoax to me. The voice of his "sasquatch friend" is pretty clearly a human voice to me.

The "conversation" sounds as if it was recorded in a cellar and the questioner sounds too damn relaxed for a situation like that...

Bigfoot are supposed to be 2-D and would communicate via telepathy. Any shouting or growling on their side would be an outburst of emotion or warning to other creatures (so I think).

At some point she asks "You guys hear it?" But I don't hear anything though, perhaps it's faint.
Of course, it could be a guy in a gorilla suit, but I have to say the way it moves is somewhat similar to how Bigfoot moved in the famous Bigfoot footage...

You've got to hand it to the doggy, it was acting very bravely.

According to many other Bigfoot stories even the biggest and meanest dogs tend to go absolutely crazy when BF is around only to hide themselves in the house. Is it only the stench or is it that BF sends out an angst-inducing mental message to them?

The "conversation" sounds as if it was recorded in a cellar and the questioner sounds too damn relaxed for a situation like that...

Bigfoot are supposed to be 2-D and would communicate via telepathy. Any shouting or growling on their side would be an outburst of emotion or warning to other creatures (so I think).

A little off-topic, I couldn't believe it when I first heard those vocalizations so I went through most of Sasquatch Ontario's videos a few months ago and parsed through the comment's section to read his responses and find out exactly was going on and if those vocalizations and conversations were real or hoaxed. But he's been consistent with his narrative and description of encounters and events over the years and didn't reveal anything that I could see indicating he's trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. With that said, he has drank the kool-aid when it comes to the UFO/bigfoot/hyper-dimensional phenomena which became a lot more apparent in his more recent videos.

Last edited:
@Joe unfortunately the link you sent, all the videos attached showing it was a hoax were taken down. But I was thinking about it and going over everything I came across for that channel and if I were to remove every bit of opinion and discussion of experiences regarding those series of 'encounters' and just look at what is verifiable and provable and discard his supposed sincerity, then it's not nearly as strong a case for ongoing Bigfoot encounters as I thought. There are still a number of pictures and things brought up that come to mind that still leaves the door open for there being something that did happen, as I'm still not entirely convinced of a complete hoax, but if it was, it would have required him to engage in a seriously elaborate setup where he took into account all sorts of minor details and totally misrepresented himself. So a really good liar or so deluded he believes his own BS and able to convince others of it.

And for the life of me couldn't understand the 'payoff' and what would compel him to do that over the course of several years. However, I felt I was going down the moon landing path and getting caught up with the minutiae of 'did it happen or didn't it!' But in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter one way or another. And so we had a discussion about it earlier tonight and one thing that is certain is that by adding in the 'woo-woo' factor and the lack of critical thinking on the part of a lot of people who follow his channel, that he's inadvertently or not setting a lot of people up to go lurking into the woods by themselves in search of Bigfoot because of how 'cute and friendly' they are and how they have all this ancient knowledge and expanded consciousness, etc. so we poor human beings can learn so much from them because of how terrible and ignorant we are. Not unlike those in the new-age community that naively invite themselves to be abducted or want to experience ET encounters because they have no understanding of the underlying reality and that things aren't always what they appear to be on the surface. Especially considering the work David Paulides has done documenting missing people, this fellow is a useful idiot and leading people down a stupid and dangerous path.

So thanks for calling a spade a spade. It seems I drank some of the kool-aid too.

Last edited:
So thanks for calling a spade a spade. It seems I drank some of the kool-aid too.

In looking at that guy's videos and claims, I compared them to what we know about these kinds of phenomena, i.e. that they're usually very 'high strangeness', rather than the pedestrian experience he has supposedly had, and the information from the Cs about what these creatures actually are (pets and 'gofers' used to collect samples etc.). Yet with this guy, you have a "big foot" with a very human sounding voice leaving him marbles and things and calling him "brother" and giggling and laughing and saying "tree" and "flower", which appears to be designed to fit in with the dude's belief that these 'big feet' are the "missing link" between us and humans and are just "minsuderstood" and "shy" etc. etc.

Just to be clear though, the claim is that the guy, Mike Patterson created the hoax with another guy, Dwayne Scott (aka Darryl Strumm) who owns the property on which the events took place. Scott eventually got tired of it and the two fell out.

Yet with this guy, you have a "big foot" with a very human sounding voice leaving him marbles and things and calling him "brother"

Just glimpsed at that part in the video by accident when "Bigfoot" says "brother" and it sounds pretty fake to me as well.

Reactions: Joe
I was was pretty sceptical right from the beginning where he shows 'orbs' that look like snowflakes to me.

Back
Top Bottom