Taoist Immortal, Eastern Alchemy, and the Potential of Man.

Zar

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
About a year ago I did some research into Nei kung and found these two books written by a student of John Chang, who is the practitioner shown in this video _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aos0hnwiHt8

The two books are The Magus of Java: Teachings of an Authentic Taoist Immortal and Nei Kung: The Secret Teachings of the Warrior Sages by Danaos Kosta. I was reminded of this when I read the book by Stefen Verstappen,"a Masters guide to the way of the warrior"

There is a thread here were the method was briefly discussed https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,7200.msg50842.html#msg50842
And I agree with the conclusion in the thread that this method should be carefully practiced and understood so as not to cause any harm (Assuming it is authentic).

There is also a forum dedicated to the method that has been brought to the western world here http://neigongforum.com/forums/neigong.8/
This gives information about the books, method, and personal journeys of practitioners.

Basically it's a very esoteric method of accumulating Yin energy in the Dantien(which is something most martial arts do) to enhance the body to pretty incredible heights and seemingly activate DNA and such. What I'd like to ask the C's is

a) Does it actually work?
From my reading I've understood that this method has 72 levels(72 being master) and only rare people can ascend past level 3(although the benefits of just level 1 seem very helpful). There is some evidence through the videos in the other forum that appears legit, but it's hard to say.

b) If it works, can it be transferred to other members through the crystal project or other method?
This method revealed seems to only be shows to work for an individual but I don't see a reason why it can't be shared/gained by conscious members who live together, i.e. each giving energy and filling each other's dantien? Maybe this could help laura's or anyone who has a more vulnerable body to stay physically strong? or empower the whole group unit (assuming it's safe and we are even ready)

c) If it can be transferred to other members, is it actually helpful or does it do the same as accumulating knowledge and expressing it?
knowledge protects, and with accumulation of knowledge and its expression you generate energy (hopefully I'm understanding this correctly). From this session https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,21641.msg227028.html#msg227028

d) is it practical; is there a faster way (assuming it's safe)/are the members even ready/is there even a need?: This method seems to take 4000 hours(or 82 hours of deep meditation which may take a year to learn to do) of meditation to achieve level one while being grounded(nature works better than wire grounding I think)... and it must be done after 72 hours of any orgasm to ensure the dantien is functional.

I honestly prefer knowledge as this method could be dangerous in the wrong hands(although 4000 hours of meditation is a pretty good safeguard) or with an undisciplined mind/body/emotions assuming it can be transferred to other members, so maybe using this for the elders could be a good start if it actually helps. If it can't be transferred yet, it may be something I could work on while I train in martial arts so when the time comes I could upload it to the members. I'm asking because I'm interested but I'd rather not chase something that doesn't contribute to the knowledge of the group or is fake, which doesn't seem to be...
 

Stranger_Things

A Disturbance in the Force
Re: Mo pai nei kung, is it true/useful for FOTCM?

I found this via google search, please do not associate me with this community.

I was one of Jim McMillan's first students starting in 2006 until his death in 2013.

Jim McMillan was the western Mo Pai student, going further than Kosta.

I ask kindly you not openly direct questions or replies to me here, but instead email me for private discussion.

[Mod: Email deleted to protect privacy]

"(Assuming it is authentic)."

Yes it is.

"it's a very esoteric method of accumulating Yin energy in the Dantien(which is something most martial arts do) to enhance the body to pretty incredible heights and seemingly activate DNA and such. "

No.

Yang chi is accumulated in the lower Dantien.

Yin chi is accumulated at the perineum. It is not until later levels the two are brought together and fused as one.

Also martial artists do not work with yin chi, at least as Mo Pai defines it.

There are 10 or less schools which work with actual yin chi on earth accord to John Chang, and everything else that referrers to yin chi is some variation of yang, at least in the eyes of Mo Pai.

Almost no one works with yin chi, as our consciousness itself is 100% pure yang chi we are unable to directly perceive yin chi at all until the two are fused as one in later levels.


"Does it actually work?"


Yes.

"If it works, can it be transferred to other members through the crystal project or other method?"

No.

It's a bit like asking can I transfer muscle I gained through weight lifting to someone else.

It doesn't work like that.


"is it practical"

For those willing to dedicate their entire lives to it, yes it is.

It allows them to achieve results that are impossible in virtually every other system available on earth.



"is there a faster way"

There are no shortcuts.
 

Zar

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
Re: Mo pai nei kung, is it true/useful for FOTCM?

Hi Stranger_things, You mentioned in your introduction post that you found this forum via a google search. https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,42912.15.html

At 7:51 you made this post in response to my questions and at 7:53 you made an introduction thread that lacks much of an introduction, most likely for the purpose of contacting me. Correct me if I'm wrong but are you hunting for students to start a school on Mo Pai?

The methods and benefits of Mo Pai are interesting but I'm not here to contribute to myself only, I prefer the "Service to Others" method and if Mo Pai is only for the self then it's not for me.

Edit: While you are here thought, have a look around. You will find the work we do will "allows [us] to achieve results that are impossible in virtually every other system available on earth".
 

Stranger_Things

A Disturbance in the Force
Re: Mo pai nei kung, is it true/useful for FOTCM?

Thinkingfingers said:
You will find the work we do will "allows [us] to achieve results that are impossible in virtually every other system available on earth".
While this may be true in some respects, if you are arguing that your systems offer the same results as Mo Pai, we will have to respectfully agree to disagree.
 

Zar

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
Re: Mo pai nei kung, is it true/useful for FOTCM?

Also I wasn't aware that Jim McMillan had passed away. I believe John Chang did mention that he believed the next master practitioner of Mo Pai would come to the western world. I do not know of your relationship with him but my condolences.
 

Stranger_Things

A Disturbance in the Force
Re: Mo pai nei kung, is it true/useful for FOTCM?

Thinkingfingers said:
I believe John Chang did mention that he believed the next master practitioner of Mo Pai would come to the western world.
John was forced by the elders of the school to close it to westerner's sometime after the second filming of him occurred.

Jim, Kosta, Andreas and all other students that were not Chinese or Indonesian were expelled at this time.
 

Zar

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
Re: Mo pai nei kung, is it true/useful for FOTCM?

Stranger_Things said:
Thinkingfingers said:
You will find the work we do will "allows [us] to achieve results that are impossible in virtually every other system available on earth".
While this may be true in some respects, if you are arguing that your systems offer the same results as Mo Pai, we will have to respectfully agree to disagree.
I meant it in the sense of it being true in some/many respects, personally it would be illogical to have strong opinions/discuss in depth Mo Pai since I have no first hand experience. My experience with it comes from what I've read, some contemplation, and very few trials.

Stranger_Things said:
Thinkingfingers said:
I believe John Chang did mention that he believed the next master practitioner of Mo Pai would come to the western world.
John was forced by the elders of the school to close it to westerner's sometime after the second filming of him occurred.

Jim, Kosta, Andreas and all other students that were not Chinese or Indonesian were expelled at this time.
I see, hence "I ask kindly you not openly direct questions or replies to me here, but instead email me for private discussion."

I understand and will respect your wishes. I would very much like to discuss this further once we get to know you and you us, and permission is granted for both of us or you become a member.
 

Stranger_Things

A Disturbance in the Force
Re: Mo pai nei kung, is it true/useful for FOTCM?

One thing I would like to strongly caution you and everyone else even considering Mo Pai, is that it absolutely cannot be mixed or blended with other systems and practices.

Jim was almost dropped as a student for mixing MCO (MicroCosmic Orbit) a qigong exercise, he lost years of practice due to this, and was forced to start over to undo what he had done.

Frequently people try to mix MCO or other such exercises as they believe blending multiple practices will yield the best of both worlds, and they wind up with psychosis or other ailments that no medical doctor can treat.

This is not an exaggeration, it is not something to play around with.

Often the horror stories you hear of people blaming Mo Pai for their ailments were either not following instruction correctly, or blending and mixing practices.

Mo Pai winds up catching the blame though, if though it was purely user error.
 

Stranger_Things

A Disturbance in the Force
Re: Mo pai nei kung, is it true/useful for FOTCM?

Thinkingfingers said:
I understand and will respect your wishes. I would very much like to discuss this further once we get to know you and you us, and permission is granted for both of us or you become a member.
Unfortunately every other reply to you is deleted.

I don't think this community is going to be conducive to any such discussion.

I think perhaps Vulcan57 has an axe to grind against the Mo Pai school for some strange reason.
 

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Re: Mo pai nei kung, is it true/useful for FOTCM?

Thinkingfingers said:
Basically it's a very esoteric method of accumulating Yin energy in the Dantien(which is something most martial arts do) to enhance the body to pretty incredible heights and seemingly activate DNA and such. What I'd like to ask the C's is

a) Does it actually work?
From my reading I've understood that this method has 72 levels(72 being master) and only rare people can ascend past level 3(although the benefits of just level 1 seem very helpful). There is some evidence through the videos in the other forum that appears legit, but it's hard to say.

b) If it works, can it be transferred to other members through the crystal project or other method?
This method revealed seems to only be shows to work for an individual but I don't see a reason why it can't be shared/gained by conscious members who live together, i.e. each giving energy and filling each other's dantien? Maybe this could help laura's or anyone who has a more vulnerable body to stay physically strong? or empower the whole group unit (assuming it's safe and we are even ready)

c) If it can be transferred to other members, is it actually helpful or does it do the same as accumulating knowledge and expressing it?
knowledge protects, and with accumulation of knowledge and its expression you generate energy (hopefully I'm understanding this correctly). From this session https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,21641.msg227028.html#msg227028

d) is it practical; is there a faster way (assuming it's safe)/are the members even ready/is there even a need?: This method seems to take 4000 hours(or 82 hours of deep meditation which may take a year to learn to do) of meditation to achieve level one while being grounded(nature works better than wire grounding I think)... and it must be done after 72 hours of any orgasm to ensure the dantien is functional.

I honestly prefer knowledge as this method could be dangerous in the wrong hands(although 4000 hours of meditation is a pretty good safeguard) or with an undisciplined mind/body/emotions assuming it can be transferred to other members, so maybe using this for the elders could be a good start if it actually helps. If it can't be transferred yet, it may be something I could work on while I train in martial arts so when the time comes I could upload it to the members. I'm asking because I'm interested but I'd rather not chase something that doesn't contribute to the knowledge of the group or is fake, which doesn't seem to be...
We'll put it on the list of questions to ask. In the meantime, it would be best if the details were investigated and posted here for consideration and feedback. Every method I've investigated over the past 40 plus years that makes these kinds of claims has turned out to be either nonsense or the cost is the sacrifice of the soul. Just remember what Gurdjieff said about the four ways.

To Stranger_Things:

It appears to our experienced mods that you are "fishing". This is not a forum where that is permitted because of the proliferation of internet predators. I'm sure you can understand our perspective and wish to create a safe place for our members. You said yourself that you don't belong here and do not wish to be associated with this forum and its work. That is a clear indication to us that you are definitely in the :wrongbar:

I am leaving the thread open for the benefit of our members who may wish to examine the topic and share their findings. That's how we do things here: research and share.
 

Zar

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
Re: Mo pai nei kung, is it true/useful for FOTCM?

Thank you laura, I'll research and post as I go.

For now this is a video that caught my attention before I looked into the books. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdYM0vNufwc
This has all of the material on Nei kung that is available by video I believe. There are 4 parts as described by the author of the video.

Edit: the documentary that the first portion is taken from is filmed by the brothers Lorne and Lawrence Blair called "Ring of fire"
 

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Re: Mo pai nei kung, is it true/useful for FOTCM?

Thinkingfingers said:
Thank you laura, I'll research and post as I go.

For now this is a video that caught my attention before I looked into the books. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdYM0vNufwc
This has all of the material on Nei kung that is available by video I believe. There are 4 parts as described by the author of the video.

Edit: the documentary that the first portion is taken from is filmed by the brothers Lorne and Lawrence Blair called "Ring of fire"
Could you synopsize what it says, basically, for me? I have very limited time right now and I read a lot faster than any video runs.
 

Zar

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
Re: Mo pai nei kung, is it true/useful for FOTCM?

Certainly.

This summary is from the video, I will summarize the books next I have time.

The two brothers Lorne and Lawrence Blair made a documentary (ring of fire 1987) about their travels in Indonesia. I haven't seen the full documentary, just snippets. along the way Laurence (who was the camera man) developed an eye infection and was taken by his brother who heard of a man who could help him. Lawrence agreed, and they went to what was John Chang's clinic back then. John Chang used basic acupuncture on Lawrence, but with a twist. He was able to generate and direct a flow of "electricity" into the needle's he was touching. John Chang says that what he was doing wasn't supernatural, he just learned how to harness his yin and yang energy through meditation. He said he connects his positive/lower emotional center and his negative/Instinctive Center to generate "electricity"/Chi current.

He then proceeds to shock the camera and sound crew, who were skeptical, from his hands and belly. He explains that anyone can learn to do what he did since god had given everyone yin/yan polarity, it just takes discipline and meditation to awaken and learn to control it. And he also explains that one must be very aware of their emotions because this energy can be dangerous and seems to be intricately connected to emotions. It can kill as well as heal. He finally grabs a newspaper, makes a bundle on the floor, and proceeds to place his hand over it and start a fire by directing his chi at it. This occurs at minute 3:00 on the video.

John did not know that the video would be shown in public, and when he heard this he became very upset and refused any further contact. Ten Years later, around 1997, John contacted Lawrence blair (as Lorne had passed away), invited him to listen to a story, and healed an eye infection now on Lawrence's eye. John tells how he'd just return from a two year deep meditational journey, alone in the hearts of Bornia. Lawrence quotes "Amongst his revelations John states that he had seen how history was moving on into great change and the old wisdom was vanishing" (wave?). John had called Lawrence to show just enough of John's abilities and remind the world that we all have undreamed of powers sleeping within us, and all it requires is training and waking them.

John then proceeds to allow Lawrence to film him working with patients, and explains that what Lawrence had seen so far is only the surface of Mao Pai. You see several demonstrations in the video of John catching a rifle pellet with his hand and John explains that mastering Yin chi is the key to the spirit world. There is a short explanation on Krisis (supposedly possessed knifes, This is explained further in the book), and later allows several scientists and doctors to try to measure and test his Chi. All of the doctors and scientist are baffled when john shocks them and proceed to test him. His Chi isn't able to be recorded on a volt meter (since it's chi not electricity as john states), he is able to light up a bulb, and push a chopstick through an inch of wood on a table. He then chops the chopstick and accidentally hits one of the scientists in between the eyes, drawing some blood. The next day John is drawn and upset as he says that while he was dreaming, he was visited by his long dead master raging that John had broken the strict taboos of his sect; never to show off in public, and never to cause harm or draw blood. He felt deeply chastised and ended all further testing and filming and stopped accepting students.

The next two sections show students performing the same chopstick feat, and then Jim(in the book it's explained when john began to accept foreign students) performing telekinesis which is the test for the level two I believe.

I will write summaries and explain the method written by Kosta (one of chang's later students) from his two books as this was just a basic demonstration shown via video, although it's interesting that his master is hanging around and interacting/watching with 3D reality. Another thing that comes to mind is that the focus is only on the lower centers, so what happens to the higher ones/the development of the soul.

Edit: My apologies Laura, you asked for a synopsis and I gave you a full description... I'll try to really summarize the books.
 
Top Bottom