Telesio Galilei Academy of Science a Fraud?

Forgot to add this on Myron Evans (FF included) from the website 'Science After Sunclipse' - who ever they are:

_http://www.sunclipse.org/?p=555

Brief Notes on Bad Physics said:
Things I’ve encountered in my travels or been told about but don’t have time to discuss in detail:

Well-known pseudoscientist Myron Evans is trying to start a university to promote his particular brand of highly gussied-up crank physics. According to the Welsh news, Evans plans to kick off “Myron Evans University” (not unduly troubled by modesty, is he?). Reporter Martin Shipton gives a standard he-said, she-said summary:

He claims to have formulated a “unified field theory” which will revolutionise modern physics, and while he has the strong support of some academics, the theory has been dismissed by others.

Oh, those vicious academics, always eager to knock a man’s leek about his pate on St. Davy’s Day. Incidentally, the sugar daddy for this bit of self-aggrandizement is Francesco Fucilla, supposedly a “generous oil multi-millionaire” who saw Evans’s “work” on the Internet; as far as I can tell, Fucilla is actually a moderately prosperous, semi-retired engineer who doesn’t have nearly the financial capital to start a university. He’s credited as chief geophysicist at the Palm Harbor, Florida “Institute of Basic Research” — which the article erroneously locates in California — and which was founded by “I can burn water for fuel and I hate relativity” crank Ruggero Santilli.

The more you delve into serious crankery, the more weirdness you find; I’ll probably be returning to this subject soon.

From the Welch News link: _ http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/education-news/2008/02/26/plan-for-new-welsh-university-91466-20523036/

This 2008 deal, whatever was going on, was investigated and fell through.

Plan for new Welsh university
Feb 26 2008 by Martin Shipton, Western Mail
A CONTROVERSIAL academic has announced plans to establish his own university in Wales, funded by an oil multi-millionaire living in Florida. [yup FF – see further]

But last night the Assembly Government cast doubts over whether the new institution will be able to award degrees.

Myron Evans, a doctor of chemistry living at Craigcefnparc near Swansea, has issued invitations to a launch event for the Myron Evans University, to be held at Craig-y-Nos Castle, near Ystradgynlais, Powys, in July.

Dr Evans, who holds degrees from the University of Wales, Aberystwyth, was at one time a junior research fellow at Wolfson College, Oxford, and has lectured in the physics department at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.

He holds a civil list pension, but has provoked heated debate in scientific circles. He claims to have formulated a “unified field theory” which will revolutionise modern physics, and while he has the strong support of some academics, the theory has been dismissed by others.

In an email from Dr Evans circulated to a wide range of recipients including First Minister Rhodri Morgan and the Western Mail, he stated, “All professorial staff will be tenured, at the full professorial rate of about £65,000 a year, plus pension and benefits ... the university will take graduate students and ... all professors elect and other staff can start recruiting and selecting graduates – that will be part of their duties.

“I also discussed the formation of a new Welsh language university, and I will phone up the Craig-y-Nos staff to see if they are interested in selling. At present it is owned by a hotel chain.

“Shortly the new university will be advertised worldwide for students and post doctorals, and contracts can be offered by email to faculty and staff who have accepted.”

We contacted Dr Evans to ask him how the university, which he plans for a science park in Aberystwyth, would be funded.

He responded, “From a generous oil multi-millionaire who saw our work on www.aias.us [one of Dr Evans’s websites].”

The benefactor, Francesco Fucilla, told the Western Mail in an email, “I was born in Cosenza, Italy. Most of my life worked as a consultant geophysicist (mainly seismic data processing and interpretation) and giving courses for chemists, physicists, mathematicians etc, etc in applied geophysics around the world.

“I am a writer in philosophy and sciences, published many books. I am also an inventor ... and finally an entrepreneur.

“From time to time I also give lectures in political sciences, civil and criminal law and economics.”

When we asked Mr Fucilla, who is head of geophysics at the Institute of Basic Research in Palm Beach, California, how much money he would be putting in to the Myron Evans University, he stated, “The funding of the project at this time is unknown .”

Asked when it was intended to invite students to apply, how much their fees would be, how many staff and students he envisaged, and whether there was a business plan, Mr Fucilla said, “These are issues that would be favourably considered when the business plan has been put together. I understand it’s on its way to us soon, and I would then be in a better position to give details.”[…]

edit/characters

I think I missed this one from yesterday:

4)

Ark
post this on your Autistic web;

Francesco Fucilla give you and your wife a million Dollars if you and all of Poland
can entertain a universal scientific debate with me an open forum :

Seismology, Applied Geophysics, Structural Geology, Sedimentology, Tectonics
Biology, chemistry, Philosophy, Engineering, Finance, Economics,
Cosmology, Philosophy of Science, Medicine, Physics, anthropology, taxonomy,
history and climatology.

The debate must be entertained by 2 polish team at any one time in open forum
integrating all of the said discipline at the same time by cross fertilization.

as i demise each team, the other can come in !!

Please post this on your web.

and let me have time and date in London UK
I pay for your stay tickets miscellaneous expenses
in London and everyone attending the debate !!

I WILL TEACH YOU A LESSON YOU WILL NEVER FORGET !!
I SEND YOU BACK TO KINDERGARTEN DRAWING PICTURES OF LITTLE PIGS !!

See you in London

PUT THIS ON YOUR WEB FOR THE WORLD TO SEE

Sent: Friday, April 06, 2012 1:36 PM
To: ffucilla@btinternet.com
Subject: Re: CASSIOPAEA WEBSITE AFFAIR

Franc.
I have read through the various criminal postings on this Cassiopaea website blog.

I find it very disturbing for in almost all circumstances emanates from jealous, vindictive individuals whose agenda's are very questionable,
usually lacking any moral or ethical qualities. Which has certainly proved to be so, in this case by the 2

As for all the other contributors it spreads like an obsessive disease and the fantasy and innuendo's begin.
Reading some of the postings one wonders if these individuals are under the influence of narcotics.

Reading the blog the contributors seem to be very selective on what they pick out and post reproducing
freely available news items and information from the net with disregard to its veracity. Thus creating
some form of fictional conspiracy and illegal activity with associations to government organisations ect.
One could say the ramblings of uninformed dysfunctional minds.

On a serious note I perceive these activities as a form of extortion and blackmail perpetrated by
anonymous individuals hiding behind pseudo names. Perhaps if they could be more transparent
and explain their reasons for such an attack rather than resorting to this form of cowardly tactic
their real motives would then be exposed and dealt with in an open and honest way.

Sincerely
Adrian J. Eyre

Another thing that occurred to me last night was this weirdness with these guys writing to each other as "Brother". I mean, what is UP with that? Does this Fucilla guy have some sort of secret society going on - dare I say it: a cult - that induces these normally intelligent people to lose all sense of perspective and what is NORMAL? And then, Rodrigues - after referring to psychopath Fucilla as "Brother" - has the gall to drag out that tired old, Jay Weidner/Vincent Bridges black magic gang accusation against us of "cult"????

Laura said:
Another thing that occurred to me last night was this weirdness with these guys writing to each other as "Brother". I mean, what is UP with that? Does this Fucilla guy have some sort of secret society going on - dare I say it: a cult - that induces these normally intelligent people to lose all sense of perspective and what is NORMAL? And then, Rodrigues - after referring to psychopath Fucilla as "Brother" - has the gall to drag out that tired old, Jay Weidner/Vincent Bridges black magic gang accusation against us of "cult"????

Several things come to mind here. One that I see often in any investment that is not strictly objective is a term called "greed induced blindness".

Secondly, it appears to me that this thread has put these people on "tilt", which is a poker term, however I do think fits .

Tilt is a poker term for a state of mental or emotional confusion or frustration in which a player adopts a less than optimal strategy usually resulting in the player becoming over-aggressive. This term is closely associated with steam and some consider the terms equivalent, but 'steam' typically carries more anger and intensity.Placing an opponent on tilt or dealing with being on tilt oneself is an important aspect of poker. It is a relatively frequent occurrence due to frustration, animosity against other players, or simply bad luck. Experienced players recommend learning to recognize that one is experiencing tilt and avoid allowing it to influence one’s play.
The most likely origin of the word "tilt" is as a reference to tilting a pinballmachine. The frustration from seeing the ball follow a path towards the gap between the flippers can lead to the player physically tilting the machine (in an attempt to guide the ball towards the flippers). However, in doing so, some games will flash the word "TILT" and freeze the flippers, causing the ball to be lost for certain. The metaphor here being over-aggression due to frustration leads to severely detrimental gameplay.

Most every single financial scam I have followed, and there have been many, these is always a core group of people who act very cultish. The word cult is used ad nauseum in reference to this actually.
Examples:

THE FINE LINE BETWEEN PROGRAM SUPPORT AND A CULT-LIKE MENTALITY

In the past we wrote an article about cult like activity in the HYIP arena. Members often engage in group like activity using each other to calm their real fears. Support groups can be a great way to ease your fear, but can also be the downfall for good investors, if taken to the next level. Sure, its fine to engage in positive discussion of a program with a group of investors who share your dreams and beliefs. The problem arises when the line between friendly discussion about a particular programs ability to make one wealthy, and a cult like following of a Program admins every move, gets crossed. One needs to understand that HYIPs are extremely risky. Members need to understand that any program can collapse at any time. When this happens, those members who had expected the collapse and know deep down that a collapse is eminant are the ones who walk away relatively unscaved. Those members who have not confronted the fear of a program's eventual collapse, and have engaged in cult like behavior, are those who may have some serious mental, financial, and perhaps health problems. We have seen time and time again the cycle a typical HYIP cult member will go through:

Initial Cult like behavior:

Where ones own dreams become that of the group. They fail to see reality for what its worth only because the people around them share the same perceptions. The group mentality all merges into one way of thinking. They follow every word of the admin and fail to even consider the possibility that he/she may not be 100% honest. If anyone even slightly suggests that something is wrong, the group will quickly write them off as a stupid, ignorant person not understanding what the program is all about. A cult member will not even consider the possibility of the outsiders views being true, and there own way of thinking is continually reinforced by the group members.

Doubt Begins to set in, overrun by Denial:

Major problems begin to occur with the program. The group sticks together and will not allow each other to even consider the fact that they may have been scammed. After all, there are thousands of people in the program, all believing that the program is legit. How could 10,000 people all be wrong? Outsiders may bring up very good points about the program and how it is falling apart, but the denial reinforced by Cult like attributes will force the group members to continue to bash, critisize and even threaten any outsider who wants to change their views.

It all Comes Crashing down:

Now the program is all but gone. Maybe the admin has been arrested or the website has been gone for weeks. The strongest of the group members still believe that the program will be back, will give them the cash that was promised to them , and will allow them to reach their dreams. The weaker group members will realize that they have been taken, some may not be able to face the fact that they had been conned, and scammed out of thousands of dollars. We have seen these members in rare cases actually commit suicide. The stonger members tied up in the cult mentality will eventually follow the paths of the weaker group members. Some will take years if not a lifetime to recover, others may take their lives, and some will get back to life fairly quickly.
It is up to you as an investor to make sure you think as an individual, and not get tied up in anything resembling a cult, or group thinking. This will hurt you in the long run.

Definition of 'Cult Stock'
A classification describing stocks that have a sizable investor following, despite the fact that the underlying company has somewhat insignificant fundamentals. Typically, investorsare initially attracted to the company's potential and accumulate positions in speculation that its potential will be fulfilled, providing the investors with a substantial payout.
While most of these cult stockspromise they will be the next big story after they make a new discovery or get the newest contract from the government, most do not provide investors with anything other than the story. Furthermore, these stocks typically generate very little, if any, revenue at all.
For example, many micro-cap biotech stocks are cult stocks. While they promise that they are going to be working on a miracle compound or drug, most of them do not have any source of income as they slowly burn away their initial capital in research and development.
However, some cult stocks do occasionally make good on their stories to become successful. For example, Research in Motion was once a widely followed cult stockthat had a great story that attracted many investors, but no revenue. Fortunately, its BlackBerry PDA device became a runaway hit, which elevated the cult stock to its multibillion market capitalization status.[/quote]

Laura said:
Another thing that occurred to me last night was this weirdness with these guys writing to each other as "Brother". I mean, what is UP with that? Does this Fucilla guy have some sort of secret society going on - dare I say it: a cult - that induces these normally intelligent people to lose all sense of perspective and what is NORMAL?

Fucilla does refer to himself as a "saint". So the use of "brother" would appear to be in line with that. Have not heard of a "honorary" saint (like honorary professor) yet - but who knows... with the right awards to the right people, even that might become "official".

"Ascension Securities Ltd Announce the Appointment as Corporate Advisers to Bushveld Platinum"

There is one google entry regarding Bushveld Platinum by Bloomberg Businessweek and nothing else.

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=33612008

"As of February 26, 2008, Bushveld Platinum Limited was acquired by Australian Motor Finance Pty. Ltd., in a reverse merger transaction. Bushveld Platinum Limited engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of platinum mining interests in South Africa. It holds the right to acquire 74% interest in Hendrina project, which covers an area of 911 8.306 hectares and is located in the Mpumalanga province of the Republic of South Africa on the southern eastern limb of the Bushveld Complex. The company’s focus of prospecting in the area would be for the platinum group metals, precious metals, base metals, coal, and diamonds. The company was incorporated in September 2006 as Catalyst Platinum Limited and changed its name to Bushveld Platinum Limited in December 2006. Bushveld Platinum Limited is based in Port Melbourne, Australia. As of February 26, 2008, Bushveld Platinum Limited was acquired by Australian Motor Finance Limited in a reverse merger transaction.

Level 1 373 Bay Street

Port Melbourne, VIC 3207

Australia

Founded in 2006

Phone:

61 2 8298 2000

Fax:

61 2 8298 2027"

Nothing on the web for Catalyst Platinum Ltd either, however Australian Motor Finance, has as you can guess, gone bankrupt. This link is a forum where some people are talking about it.

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f40/australian-motor-finance-has-gone-bust-90039/

In 2010 Australian Motor Finance changed it's name to Orpheus Energy which appears to be still operating. They have acquired rights to mine in Australia and Indonesia which they haven't done yet, but seem to be on the verge of doing. They have, however, bought 50% of an already existing producing mine.

"In March 2012, Orpheus secured a 50% interest in Orpheus’s JV partner PT Mega Coal’s ADK operating coal mine located in South Kalimantan, Indonesia. The ADK mine has been in production since April 2011 and 95,000 tonnes of coal has been shipped over the past three months"

From all appearances Orpheus seems to be legit. It's the road from Bushveld Platinum to Orpheus that has me puzzled. I can't find any info on the directors, funding etc of the first two companies.

Richard said:
"Ascension Securities Ltd Announce the Appointment as Corporate Advisers to Bushveld Platinum"

There is one google entry regarding Bushveld Platinum by Bloomberg Businessweek and nothing else.

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=33612008

"As of February 26, 2008, Bushveld Platinum Limited was acquired by Australian Motor Finance Pty. Ltd., in a reverse merger transaction. Bushveld Platinum Limited engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of platinum mining interests in South Africa. It holds the right to acquire 74% interest in Hendrina project, which covers an area of 911 8.306 hectares and is located in the Mpumalanga province of the Republic of South Africa on the southern eastern limb of the Bushveld Complex. The company’s focus of prospecting in the area would be for the platinum group metals, precious metals, base metals, coal, and diamonds. The company was incorporated in September 2006 as Catalyst Platinum Limited and changed its name to Bushveld Platinum Limited in December 2006. Bushveld Platinum Limited is based in Port Melbourne, Australia. As of February 26, 2008, Bushveld Platinum Limited was acquired by Australian Motor Finance Limited in a reverse merger transaction.

Level 1 373 Bay Street

Port Melbourne, VIC 3207

Australia

Founded in 2006

Phone:

61 2 8298 2000

Fax:

61 2 8298 2027"

Nothing on the web for Catalyst Platinum Ltd either, however Australian Motor Finance, has as you can guess, gone bankrupt. This link is a forum where some people are talking about it.

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f40/australian-motor-finance-has-gone-bust-90039/

In 2010 Australian Motor Finance changed it's name to Orpheus Energy which appears to be still operating. They have acquired rights to mine in Australia and Indonesia which they haven't done yet, but seem to be on the verge of doing. They have, however, bought 50% of an already existing producing mine.

"In March 2012, Orpheus secured a 50% interest in Orpheus’s JV partner PT Mega Coal’s ADK operating coal mine located in South Kalimantan, Indonesia. The ADK mine has been in production since April 2011 and 95,000 tonnes of coal has been shipped over the past three months"

From all appearances Orpheus seems to be legit. It's the road from Bushveld Platinum to Orpheus that has me puzzled. I can't find any info on the directors, funding etc of the first two companies.

Orpheus is another penny stock also: http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/OEG:AU

You are not going to find much info on penny stocks, unless they do press releases. And, even then, you have to go about verifying if they are correct. They do not have to file like a major exchange listed stock. That is why it is so easy to churn and burn with these things. It becomes mind boggling trying to keep up with who's on first with these things.

Jason (ocean59) said:
Perceval said:
Now we just have to find the (probably many) people who have been scammed by Saint Francesco et al.

Here is an interesting board where it appears investors are noticing GDTK-Steriwave has stopped picking up the phone in recent days...investors here seem already quite aware they've been duped.

(scroll down past the prop graphics to get to the discussion)
_http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/board.aspx?board_id=2028

And let's not forget the board that was quoted on page 6 of this thread: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,27261.msg333414.html#msg333414

There were some really unhappy shareholders on that board, some giving warnings for quite awhile already.

"AMF was a provider of auto finance to retail consumers and operates in the sub-prime space.

AMF’s loan book comprised 3,600 customers with borrowings of $60m

The secured creditor appointed PPB Advisory as Receivers and Managers following suspected fraudulent activity.

PPB Advisory identified that over 900 loan accounts valued at $23.5m were fraudulent. The Directors made substantial withdrawals from a trust account immediately prior to the appointment of the Receivers and Managers and computer equipment and company records had also been.

As a result of the above, loan payment collections had fallen into arrears.

PPB Advisory’s forensics team reconstructed hardware and electronic data which enabled collections to recommence within two weeks of PPB Advisory’s appointment.

In excess of $5m of loan payments have been collected to date and over $2m traced and recovered.

Ongoing forensic investigations in conjunction with lawyers have enabled public examinations of directors and other parties of interest to occur.

The concurrent sale of the loan book program is being managed by PPB Advisory’s Corporate Finance team."

http://www.ppbadvisory.com/experience/australian-motor-finance-

I have mailed PPB Advisory asking if they could supply information. I'm not entirely convinced they will so I have asked someone else involved in finance in Australia to see if there's another way to dig up info.

I'm specifically looking for names of Directors and funders to see if I can tie them up with other names mentioned.

What I find strange too, is that there aren't really any footage of St. Francesco himself on the net. I've looked through many of the award videos, and couldn't actually find anyone who resembles these only two photos that are available of him:

IMAG002.JPG

FFucilla.JPG

Could it be that the man that speaks at 5:20 in this video is F.F?:

_http://youtu.be/1qMUpAxJwlw

Notice in all these award videos the "dramatic" music in the background, now that's lame...

I find it curious that this "founding father" is so absent in all the videos available of the award ceremonies. Does he actually exist...? ;)

ark said:
I think I missed this one from yesterday:

4)

Ark
post this on your Autistic web;

I WILL TEACH YOU A LESSON YOU WILL NEVER FORGET !!
I SEND YOU BACK TO KINDERGARTEN DRAWING PICTURES OF LITTLE PIGS !!

See you in London

PUT THIS ON YOUR WEB FOR THE WORLD TO SEE

With this type of Vulgar Hate mails, With what face any police or Judge even consider giving favorability to FF Gang ?. with what face FF gang will go to police in the first place ?. Unless judges got used to this type thing.

Aragorn said:
[..]
Could it be that the man that speaks at 5:20 in this video is F.F?:

_http://youtu.be/1qMUpAxJwlw

Notice in all these award videos the "dramatic" music in the background, now that's lame...

I find it curious that this "founding father" is so absent in all the videos available of the award ceremonies. Does he actually exist...? ;)

Looks likely it's FF, if so this is also him _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYo4XfwMu_g&feature=player_detailpage#t=115s
Same dramatic music....

Back
Top Bottom