The Carnivore Diet

I agree with you. Also the problem is that not only diet keep us away from being in "good mood" or at low energy level but fortunately coping with one issue, for example improving one habit, give strenght and ignites fire to take on to another problem. We are lucky to have sources and opportunity to look into different options for gaining strenght. I also find Jordan Peterson very very helpful, I listen to his talks and I'm moved by his way of seeing things and coping with issues and find his advises uplifting. Yeah, we can do that, we don"t have anything better to do anyway than improving ourselves:)

I ended up doing the carnivore diet for a period of two weeks straight right before Easter weekend and have reverted back to keto with intermittent fasting since then. I found the carnivore diet experiment to be fascinating in several ways.

For one, I didn't expect to have a positive experience on my first try. I sort of expected a huge crash and otherwise faltering energy but I didn't get that at all. My energy was definitely lower than what I was used to but it was not hindering even with a very mentally and physically active job. I chalked up the slightly lower energy levels to my digestion being slightly out of whack for the majority of the experiment. I'm sure that if I stuck with it for longer that it would have normalized.

Two, I figured that the cravings for my favorite 'cheat' foods would go crazy! Well considering I didn't have an issue staying on point with the carnivore diet for the 2 weeks that I planned to do it I would say that speaks volumes to the power of the diet. Whatever the power of the cravings where I felt even more power to overcome them coming from the diet!

Three, boy did I trigger everyone around me! "you can't live without carbs", "all that fat is going to clog up your arteries", "how many cows did you kill this morning to eat breakfast" and on and on and on. Even though someone's diet is a relatively personal matter just about every friend and co-worker I was around for that two weeks managed to make some sort of "I'm offended by your diet" comment! Which I found curious because all of them knew that I ate quite carnivorously in the first place but when I went completely carnivorous they all lost their minds!

I will likely try it again sometime soon when life allows.

Ancient Pictish skeleton excavated in Scotland

The bones show he had a very high protein diet “as if he’d been eating nothing but sucking pig”. He was very heavily built, “like a rugby player” and may have been royalty.

“The findings show he had a high-protein diet, which researchers have few other examples of during that period.

“Simon Gunn, founder of the project, said: ‘He was a big, strong fella—built like a rugby player—very heavily built above the waist.’
"It's rather peculiar that he had a very high-protein diet throughout his life, to the extent that it's as if he had been eating nothing but suckling pigs.
"He was a bit special, that could be royalty or a chieftain.”

An update: I've been on a predominantly carnivore (or keto-carnivore; more fat than protein), animal-based diet for 4 months, since mid-March. Between November and now, it took me three tries at it of not making past 11 days to realise that even making skin contact with non-animal based foods, affected me enough to not be able to sustain the diet and beat cravings. As I handle and prepare food for other people who do eat non-animal based foods, I realised wearing gloves to avoid skin-to-skin contact was a possible solution. And it worked really well!

Mood, physical pain and a sense of internal balance have all improved significantly, worlds apart from pre-carnivore. As for fluids, I kept herbal teas (liquore and pepperment; I love liquore so much, it was difficult to say goodbye) and coffee until about a month ago, when I became ill and tapered off those. Coffee affected sleep significantly. There were many other factors that crossed my mind also, such as coffee not growing locally and its effects on the body particulary in excess.

I don't miss coffee, or herbal teas. It's crossed my mind to switch to something like fennel leaves tea, or teas and drinks of herbs that I can grow in our garden, or essential oils teas and drinks. It's not a high priority because I don't miss those things. I have to say, what really helped me quit coffee is cold adaptation, or cryotherapy. Cold baths have been extremely helpful!

I took cold baths back in 2013 while first trying out and experimenting with ketoadaptation and the ketogenic diet, and throughly missed them when I moved to other places without a bathtub. It's great to have a tub again!

For those who experience chronic diarrhea which only gets better with some fibre... It may be that the liver is producing too much bile.

Woaw! This is very interesting! We always hear about those plants for liver activity in naturopathy but never have a deep explanation of how it works. Thank you for sharing this video and for the work you've provided! This makes a lot of sense and would, in some cases explain why it is hard to cure gut inflammation. Another tool in the box.
I'll need to rewatch it for sure!

Thank you!

I just started on a zero carb diet yesterday. I'm eating only meat and eggs. I'm thinking if I should get rid of eggs for the time being as well, but I have never had issues with them, I don't think, and I love them.

Anyway, I'm felling quite alright. I had a headache last night that lasted through the morning, but it went away. I also had my first diahorrea just now, but it wasn't bad. We'll see how it goes.

I just started on a zero carb diet yesterday. I'm eating only meat and eggs. I'm thinking if I should get rid of eggs for the time being as well, but I have never had issues with them, I don't think, and I love them.

Anyway, I'm felling quite alright. I had a headache last night that lasted through the morning, but it went away. I also had my first diahorrea just now, but it wasn't bad. We'll see how it goes.

Good luck (not that you shall probably need it). I was fine with eggs and you seem to be too so I would just eat them and see how you go.

Good luck (not that you shall probably need it). I was fine with eggs and you seem to be too so I would just eat them and see how you go.
Yeah, I love them and I don't see why not eat them. I forgot to mention that I have been eating a sort of medium-carb diet so far. No processed crap, but bread and raw milk and some chocolate. It's funny, but I'm not yet missing them, except for the bread as I usually love to soak in the leftover juices with it. I don't like to leave a dirty plate :)

Yeah, I love them and I don't see why not eat them. I forgot to mention that I have been eating a sort of medium-carb diet so far. No processed crap, but bread and raw milk and some chocolate. It's funny, but I'm not yet missing them, except for the bread as I usually love to soak in the leftover juices with it. I don't like to leave a dirty plate :)

Have you thought about the Paleo/Keto types of bread? I haven't tried making them myself but I have seen people swear by them online.

I've been mostly carnivore for a few months now. I do sometimes have a coffee or green tea and I supplement fat with fat bombs still, so there's xylitol and vanilla in there. With being carnivore my previous coffee dependancy is much easier to manage; it's more like a treat now. Also each time I've cheated and ate some really carby stack or meal it'd make me feel SO awful that it just strengths my will to stick with the diet. I also don't eat past 3-4pm. Energy, focus and sleeping has been drastically improved. So has my skin health. I think I'm sticking with this one.

I've been mostly carnivore for a few months now. I do sometimes have a coffee or green tea and I supplement fat with fat bombs still, so there's xylitol and vanilla in there. With being carnivore my previous coffee dependancy is much easier to manage; it's more like a treat now. Also each time I've cheated and ate some really carby stack or meal it'd make me feel SO awful that it just strengths my will to stick with the diet. I also don't eat past 3-4pm. Energy, focus and sleeping has been drastically improved. So has my skin health. I think I'm sticking with this one.

I fell off the wagon and ate some doughnuts that I used to have a real weakness for. I didn't enjoy them that much and it gave me bloat and trapped gas when I was in bed so I had a badly disturbed night's sleep. Unperturbed I had some more and had the same reaction. Sometimes we really need to hit ourselves over the head with something blindingly obvious until we see it. Apparently :-[.

I fell off the wagon and ate some doughnuts that I used to have a real weakness for. I didn't enjoy them that much and it gave me bloat and trapped gas when I was in bed so I had a badly disturbed night's sleep. Unperturbed I had some more and had the same reaction. Sometimes we really need to hit ourselves over the head with something blindingly obvious until we see it. Apparently :-[.
:lol:. I don't know anyone who doesn't slip up when trying out a new type of diet. I didn't intend to be this strict with it but just seeing how good/bad you can feel throughout the day makes it worth it... barely ever getting inflamation or feeling lethargic is great.

What helped for me what trying to go 100% carnivore and check it off on a calender each day. After you make a certain amount of progress and see how good you can feel, it makes staying away from temptations easier, osit. Then you can test different foods and see if you react to them or if they cause you any trouble.

Back
Top Bottom