The infrabed

Pierre said:
I'm gonna do one 15-minute session a day for several months. I really hope it will fix the problem. :wizard:

Fingers crossed!

Excellent work!

Fingers crossed! ;)

SummerLite said:
Beautifully done, I hope it helps you Pierre and everyone.

Scottie:
Be aware that if you buy a ready-made infrared LED lamp off Amazon, the power ratings are greatly exaggerated as usual. The 6W infrared spotlights we got earlier each consumed only 3W, and about half of that power is actually being turned into infrared light if you're lucky! So, your "6W" infrared spotlight is only spitting out about 1.5W worth of actual infrared light.

Is this the spotlight Dr. Hamblin speaks about in the Mercola interview? https://youtu.be/Pr3kuabexV4
The light he recommended is a combo of far and near infrared. https://www.amazon.com/CMVision-IR130-Outdoor-300-400ft-Illuminator/dp/B004F9LF7E/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1487116157&sr=8-13&keywords=infrared+security+light

I'm glad i didn't buy it if thats the case.

Oops, forgot the link. No, it's this one:
https://www.amazon.fr/nocturne-infrarouge-Illuminateur-lumière-Security/dp/B00JUQG7FW/

Sold under various brand names on all Amazons.

Amazing work! Hope it helps you with your migraines soon, Pierre, and that it will help others feel better too! :hug2:

Pierre said:
Arwenn said:
I would be very interested to see what the results are with regards to your migraines. How often do you get them and do you get any prodromal symptoms (flashing lights, visual phenomena etc)?

It started years ago but it got more frequent over the past few years. Now, it happens about once a week. It starts with a 2-3 days build-up phase when neck tensions keep increasing, then the migraine crisis occurs and lasts 1-3 days. Naproxen (1 to 3 pills a day) works most of the times and alleviates 50 to 90% the pain. Then I'm migraine free for a few days and the cycle starts again.

It is not really an ophthalmic migraine but more likely a cluster migraine. The pain is mostly located in varying regions of the temporal and prefrontal area. It is throbbing with heart beats.

Usually there is not prodrome, only a high sensitivity to light coupled to a sensitivity to any noise or movements, especially bending, lying down or standing up.

Aggravating factors are stress, fatigue, efforts, heat and smoking (nicotine is a vasoconstrictor). Any external stimulus becomes a source of irritation. So I cope by living in "slow motion": avoiding any extra effort and heat, moving slower, speaking less, staying in quiet environment, reducing smoking.

During acute crisis, my thinking is foggy, nausea appears and speech is a bit slurry.

How often would you use the bed and for how long?

I'm gonna do one 15-minute session a day for several months. I really hope it will fix the problem. :wizard:

Fingers crossed!

I cross my fingers and everything is possible to cross in order to help you Pierre,and so sorry for your terrible pains.Keep up updating about the results of your therapy. :love:

Read the photobiomodulation thread for information and don't go doing stuff you don't understand. The light needs to be a specific kind/wavelength: NEAR infrared.

Thankyou, I will have a read through the thread. I do "understand " this concept of healthcare enough to seek more information on the subject. That's why I asked the specific questions.
All of the electrical side is within my training and experience. I already have the equipment to make a small portible battery powered unit, as it's only 12v@m/amps.
It will be nice to see some results coming in as time goes by..... love to all.

[mod: quote box fixed]

That looks awesome! I wish I had room for one in my apartment. Great job guys. It looks really professional. You could manufacture and sell those puppies for a thousand bucks a pop.

That's just amazing...you guys can do anything! Fingers crossed for you Pierre.

Great job guys. It's relatively cheap and effective project for rejuvenating and healing the body.
:perfect:

Puck said:
That looks awesome! I wish I had room for one in my apartment. Great job guys. It looks really professional. You could manufacture and sell those puppies for a thousand bucks a pop.

Considering the man hours, that would have to be like 3K at least.

I used for the third time today only this time, I did 15 minutes on my stomach and 15 on my back. My theory is that there's an energy drop due to the distance (even though it is small) of the top panel from the body. So, I want max penetration by being directly on those puppies.

Well, I was a BIT dizzy after!

Anyway, I noticed last night, having to get up and down with Cherie (my doggie), who was upset because of stormy weather around, that I popped in and out of the bed several times with ease and without once thinking "oh my god, I hurt, I can't move..." and then saying "honey, can you take care of her?"

So it seems that, even if one cannot mark some kind of dramatic before-and-after symptom, that improvements do take place almost without us noticing.

Laura said:
(...) Anyway, I noticed last night, having to get up and down with Cherie (my doggie), who was upset because of stormy weather around, that I popped in and out of the bed several times with ease and without once thinking "oh my god, I hurt, I can't move..." and then saying "honey, can you take care of her?"

So it seems that, even if one cannot mark some kind of dramatic before-and-after symptom, that improvements do take place almost without us noticing.

Yey!! That's totally awesome news!! :wizard: :flowers: :cheer:

Just genius!! This could be a real game changer - I really hope that this will help you Pierre, and glad to hear that Laura is already seeing some positive changes!

I think the bottom line that everybody should remember is that you can get a relatively inexpensive Near IR spotlight that is used to illuminate for night cameras, and try it out yourself. I wanted the InfraBed because of the stem-cell therapy and the general all-over debilitation I've experienced. However, I've been re-reading more in the photobiomodulation thread and checking the web and reading, and it seems that the light used on some parts of the body can affect the whole body beneficially. Those who are able to build the bed will find it very convenient for serious, systemic conditions. And, apparently, after a series of treatments you don't have to use it so often.

So if many conditions, including cancer, are "energy deficiency" diseases, this might be a very useful item in the toolkit.

Laura said:
I think the bottom line that everybody should remember is that you can get a relatively inexpensive Near IR spotlight that is used to illuminate for night cameras, and try it out yourself. I wanted the InfraBed because of the stem-cell therapy and the general all-over debilitation I've experienced. However, I've been re-reading more in the photobiomodulation thread and checking the web and reading, and it seems that the light used on some parts of the body can affect the whole body beneficially. Those who are able to build the bed will find it very convenient for serious, systemic conditions. And, apparently, after a series of treatments you don't have to use it so often.

So if many conditions, including cancer, are "energy deficiency" diseases, this might be a very useful item in the toolkit.
That's a very good point. Many of the effects on non-local, whereby the information is essentially communicated throughout the whole of the system. After all, the body is one big mesh of interconnections. So for users, simply shining the light on your back or something can potentially correct issues in your feet, or hands, or wherever else.

That's a lovely bit of engineering! :wizard: I'm glad to hear it's working too.
I'll be trying out some NIR spotlights I think.

Laura said:
I used for the third time today only this time, I did 15 minutes on my stomach and 15 on my back. My theory is that there's an energy drop due to the distance (even though it is small) of the top panel from the body. So, I want max penetration by being directly on those puppies.

Someone mentioned modifying a FIR blanlet (which wouldn't work) - but I did wonder if you could build a NIR blanket given the LED strips are flexible?
The lifespan of the device would probably be reduced due to flexing, and despite the low voltage safety would need to be considered (over heating of LED's? potential short circuits/electrocution? earthing? internal condensation?).
It would be quicker to build than a table though, and I did find a tutorial for building a flexible LED lighting panel that could be used as a base to make a NIR blanket.
I think a clear flexible sheet over the LED's would be best so it could be wipeable for hygiene too.
So fwiw:

https://youtu.be/qlMtakaa7u8

Back
Top Bottom