The Magnesium Miracle

Mariama said:
loreta said:
Psyche said:
loreta said:
Thank you Psyche for the information concerning Xylitol. I am unable to find it here in Spain but I did not know that under the name erythriol we can have the same stuff. Next week I will check. Xyliton impossible. And thanks also for the specification about magnesium lactate. I am taking Cloruro de magnesico in pills, I hate them.

You will find it at a big Eroski supermarket. Warning, it has a tad of stevia added, but it is mostly erythriol (sp?). It is pricey, but it lasts a lot.

Thanks! I will check. There are some Eroski in the capital.

I bought a 25 kilo bag from a German webshop. The price was pretty reasonable (about 8 euros a kilo). I could only order 25 kilos, since they are not allowed to ship other products to European countries. :rolleyes:
But maybe you could buy it together with others and share the costs?
Shipping costs were about 15 euros at the top of my head.

http://www.xucker.de/xucker-xylit-xylitol-pulver/xylit-aus-finnland/25-kg-xylit-aus-finnland-im-sack.html

Thanks for the information, Mariama. But I am the only one in my region who is aware that sugar is bad. It is a bad joke but I really don't know with whom I can share 25 kilos... But in case I have difficulties finding in a Eroski store I will order it outside this country.

Psyche said:
zim said:
Thanks Psyque, I just found a magnesium gluconate too, in pills, which one could be better?

I have to stay out from home and Im fear of the laxative effect while I´m driving or givin a class :cry: :( !!!

That is not good! Try mg gluconate instead, it should be more friendly.

Psyque I would like to ask you if there some irritation that maybe caused the mg gluconate in the stomach, since the first pill I took my hemorrhoids get inflamed, so I stopped to take and the hemorrhoids got down.

Yesterday I picked up a shipment from usa, where I brought mg malate and took on pill and no sign of irritation yet, so I think its better to take malate than gluconate for me. :/

zim said:
Psyque I would like to ask you if there some irritation that maybe caused the mg gluconate in the stomach, since the first pill I took my hemorrhoids get inflamed, so I stopped to take and the hemorrhoids got down.

Yesterday I picked up a shipment from usa, where I brought mg malate and took on pill and no sign of irritation yet, so I think its better to take malate than gluconate for me. :/

There shouldn't be a connection, but perhaps you can check the ingredients. Some supplements have evil lactose or gluten on them. Good that you were finally able to get some good magnesium into CR!

Magnesium: Novel Applications in Cardiovascular Disease – A Review of the Literature

_http://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/339380

Magnesium – Future Applications

Because of magnesium’s anti-inflammatory, statin-like and anti-mineralizing effects, a role for it is emerg-ing in cardiovascular and neurological medicine. As in-dicated above, patients with the mineralizing disorder, PXE, are being treated with magnesium due to its success in animal studies. The actual efficacy of magnesium sup-plements in offsetting the complications of coronary heart disease, CIMT, HTN, stroke or cardiovascular disease is currently unknown, and the optimal dose has not been established. As a consequence, larger RCTs are needed.

Because statin drugs have already been approved for lowering cholesterol in humans and there are data to su-port the notion that magnesium reduces C-reactive protein levels and also inhibits HMG-CoA reductase, indirectly (like the statins) [12], the potential for combining magnesium with a statin for a more potent cholesterol-lowering effect may be worth investigating. Magnesium-ATP complex is required for the deactivation or phos-phorylation of HMG-CoA reductase, and in states of hypomagnesemia, the balance between active and inactive forms of HMG-CoA reductase shifts, favoring a hypercholesterolemic state Since magnesium is required for lecithin cholesterol transferase, which lowers LDL and
triglycerides and raises HDL, its function to possibly enhance or to a lesser degree mimic the effect of a statin drug is still to be elucidated [15]. Moreover, the use of
statins has been proven to reduce CIMT in humans [49–51]; thus, a magnesium-statin combination for reduced CIMT might be more efficacious and may reduce morbidity and mortality to a larger extent than a statin only.

The future application of magnesium supplementation for neuroprotective and cardiovascular health for potentially reducing cholesterol, BP, atherosclerosis and CIMT
is a much-needed area of study.

Hi! Today I received the Magnesium Citrate from Myprotein. I know that the recommended dose is 700 mg daily, but I'm a little confused on how can I measure this quantity. The magnesium package says 400 mg magnesium (the dose that Myprotein recommend) represent 2,6 g of magnesium citrate. I had done some research on the forum and on Internet but I couldn't find something clear enough.

If the dose per tablet is 400 mg and your target is 700 mg, just take 2 tablets. 800 mg is close enough. Magnesium dosage is only critical if you don't take in enough.

This magnesium comes in a powder form:
_http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/magnesium-citrate/10530171.html
Sorry for not being too clear.

León said:
This magnesium comes in a powder form:
_http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/magnesium-citrate/10530171.html
Sorry for not being too clear.

On the label, at the top, it should say something about serving size: so much = so many mg

Do you see that?

Yes Nienna. It says: "As a dietary supplement we recommend consuming 2.6g Magnesium Citrate (providing approximately 400mg of Magnesium), daily. Best consumed with your preferred amount of water or fruit juice. 1 x level MP Plastic Scoop (small) weighs 2g. (not included)". But, as you see, this plastic scoop was not included. I wonder if that plastic scoop is equal to a teaspoon or to a dessert spoon?

León said:
Yes Nienna. It says: "As a dietary supplement we recommend consuming 2.6g Magnesium Citrate (providing approximately 400mg of Magnesium), daily. Best consumed with your preferred amount of water or fruit juice. 1 x level MP Plastic Scoop (small) weighs 2g. (not included)". But, as you see, this plastic scoop was not included. I wonder if that plastic scoop is equal to a teaspoon or to a dessert spoon?

To get close you can assume 4g equals about 1 tsp (like sugar) so 2.6 g is about 2/3 tsp (=400mg dose). Then 600mg is about 1 tsp.

Thank you very much, LQB! So, I think I will have a little more than 1/2 tsp in the morning and again in the evening.

loreta said:
I am taking Cloruro magnesico in pills, I hate them.

I've finally got magnesium from Portugal, but... it's a liquid 3.3% magnesium chloride (=cloruro magnesico)!!! :scared: It tastes so awfully that I don't bear it to take with just water, but rather need to mix it with a strong fruit juice (I'm not on keto yet, but trying to reduce/avoid carbs)... My friend didn't find lactate or anything else from my list, so she decided that this Magnevita by Nutriflor should be OK for me. Oh gosh... I'm guessing if this 3.3% liquid can be used transdermally? It consists of purified water, magnesium chloride and potassium sorbate as preservative.

Now I'm trying to order magnesium malate and magnesium oil with a help of another friend (besides she's still trying to convince me that it's a waste of my money as she thinks I'm healthier than most of the people she knows. I don't care about "most of the people", so I'm going to go ahead with magnesium and other staff.) Do you think Source Naturals Magnesium Malate 1250mg is good enough? Which magnesium oil (of good quality, but not very expensive) would you recommend (from amazon)?

Chacara said:
Which magnesium oil (of good quality, but not very expensive) would you recommend (from amazon)?

Been using this one for years:

http://www.amazon.com/Barbara-Hendels-Magnesium-Ancient-Zechstein/dp/B0026RCMAG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1366768476&sr=8-2&keywords=magnesium+oil

I hope shipping isn't an issue though.

On the topic of magnesium oil, I found this:

Epsom salt oil – Neither of my sons nor I liked the salty film left on the skin after a bath (felt itchy). I mixed some coconut oil in with the salts and water. Actually, it is more oil than water. Three tablespoons water plus four tablespoons salts plus 12 tablespoons coconut oil. The coconut oil is good for the skin anyway and it seems to counter the drying effect of the salts. I found that just mixing the salts and oil did not dissolve the salts, so I needed to add some water. I apply this liberally on the skin and it soaks in plus leaves the skin smooth and soft. Adjust the quantity of salts to your liking.

This webpage also has many other potentially useful recipes concerning epsom salt:

http://www.enzymestuff.com/epsomsalts.htm

Ennio said:
Chacara said:
Which magnesium oil (of good quality, but not very expensive) would you recommend (from amazon)?

Been using this one for years:

http://www.amazon.com/Barbara-Hendels-Magnesium-Ancient-Zechstein/dp/B0026RCMAG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1366768476&sr=8-2&keywords=magnesium+oil

I hope shipping isn't an issue though.

Thank you very much, Ennio!

Back
Top Bottom