The Magnesium Miracle

Magnesium can be very effective mineral offering relief to many conditions. Among other things it reduces muscle pain, fatigue.

It also can helps with headaches and migraines. The best way is to take it with group B vitamins, especially vitamin B6. Magnesium supplements are good way to increase daily intake.

However, choose organic forms, for example citrates or gluconates - they have higher absorption rate compared to non-organic forms.

The best way is to take magnesium from food. In that case the absorption rate and bio-availability is the highest. Here is a list with many magnesium rich foods: _http://www.foodtips.org/magnesium-foods/

Hi ciro,

Welcome to the forum. :) We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, and how they found their way here. Have a read through that section to get an idea of how others have done it. Thanks.

ciro said:
The best way is to take magnesium from food. In that case the absorption rate and bio-availability is the highest. Here is a list with many magnesium rich foods: _http://www.foodtips.org/magnesium-foods/

Hi ciro, welcome to the forum. I would recommend you to read "The Magnesium Miracle" by Dr. Carolyn Dean. You will know then that the magnesium we get from our food is not enough, and that most of us are pretty deficient in it. Magnesium malate, or magnesium glycinate seem good options. Do get the book though if you'd like to, makes an interesting read!

I must say that I take a magnesium supplement prior to falling asleep and I've noticed its effect on my body. It relaxes me and I sleep sounder because of it. I go to the gym 4-5 times a week to lift moderately and from all the research done on magnesium it makes sense to add this to the diet for good health. Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread and sharing its many benefits!

I am little bit confused about this magnesium subject. Maybe it is because I didn't read all scripts about it, probably is that...anyway, could you be so kind and tell me what is the best sort of magnesium one can take?I read that magnesium chloride is the best option, but now I am not so sure . Can you, please, tell me what magnesium to take? It is really important to me and to my family because my husband suffers from cardiomiophatia. Thanks a lot!

Ivone said:
I am little bit confused about this magnesium subject. Maybe it is because I didn't read all scripts about it, probably is that...anyway, could you be so kind and tell me what is the best sort of magnesium one can take?I read that magnesium chloride is the best option, but now I am not so sure . Can you, please, tell me what magnesium to take? It is really important to me and to my family because my husband suffers from cardiomiophatia. Thanks a lot!

Magnesium malate in oral form works well . Epsom salt for soaks and magnesium oil for spraying under arms for deodorant. The oil has many benefits, just google for info. Also bone broth is a daily must.

Ivone said:

To benefit from magnesium supplementation, take chelated magnesium (bound to organic amino acids) for maximum absorption: magnesium citrate, malate, orotate, taurate, or magnesium glycinate. Do not use magnesium oxide because it is basically a laxative. The recommended dose is 6-8mg/kg of body weight (3 to 4.5 mg/lb), although 200mg four times per day is a better dose. If this dose has a laxative effect, cut down by 200mg until this effect stops. Spread your magnesium doses throughout the day because there is only so much you can absorb at one time.

Some forms of chelated magnesium are better than others for certain conditions. Magnesium taurate is best for heart conditions, i.e. cardiomyopathy. Magnesium taurate, glycinate and orotate are best for those who tend to have loose stools since they have less laxative effects. Magnesium malate is the best form to treat the chronic fatigue, pain, and insomnia of fibromyalgia.

You might want to check out the Hemochromatosis and autoimmune thread. I don't know how old is your husband, but cardiomyopathy could be due to iron toxicity.

Note: Just saw Horseofadifferentcolor's post. Yes, mg malate has been the top favorite for a lot of us regardless of affliction.

Thanks Psyche for your help! My husband is 44 - diagnosis: Cardiomyopathia dilatativa. I´ll check out what you have suggested, and if you, or anyone else have some other suggestions, please write. Thanks again.

Ivone said:
Thanks Psyche for your help! My husband is 44 - diagnosis: Cardiomyopathia dilatativa. I´ll check out what you have suggested, and if you, or anyone else have some other suggestions, please write. Thanks again.

In dilative cardiomyopathia I would strongly suggest your husband takes D-Ribose - it's a sort of sugar, but one that the heart preferentially uses (5 g per day) and Coenzyme Q10 is a must too (fuel for the heart).

The other thing is a ketogenic diet - best would be to read the arguably very long thread to get a better idea, but ketone bodies are amongst the best fuels for the heart.

Thanks Nicklebleu for this information for D-ribose, but I have a big problem to find it in Croatia and don´t have any of credit cards to buy it out of the country. Perhaps someone from Croatia knows where to buy a pure D-ribose in Croatia? Thank you all for any information.

For anyone that maybe doubts some of the reported effects of the various magnesium supplements don't. Keep a close eye on what you're taking & when & how. I've been using mag malate for months & had my muscle fatigue (the biggest concern) clear up immediately. (as quick as my transition to paleo diet actually)

For the longest time though, I've been conking out in the afternoons when trying to do some research. For some reason yesterday (plus my dosage has gone up too) i suddenly realized that it was the magnesium that made me drowsy - pretty quickly as well! As i continued to try to read my eyes grew heavier as did my realization, i then went to sleep pleased to know what everyone had been going on about for so long! Take it when ready for bed (the highest dose as it's better to spread it over periods of the day as in psyche's last post) to aid sleep, especially for insomniacs like me.

Dear Nicklebleu, I want to thank you again - this time with fantastic testimony how your suggestion have worked in the best way possible! Just 5 months ago the heart of my husband worked at only 20%, and now , after taking magnesium, Q-10, and especially D- RIBOSE WORKS ON 50%!!! His doctor sayed that that is a miracle! Thank you very much again, and again! D - ribose is fantastic cure!

Ivone said:
Dear Nicklebleu, I want to thank you again - this time with fantastic testimony how your suggestion have worked in the best way possible! Just 5 months ago the heart of my husband worked at only 20%, and now , after taking magnesium, Q-10, and especially D- RIBOSE WORKS ON 50%!!! His doctor sayed that that is a miracle! Thank you very much again, and again! D - ribose is fantastic cure!

I'm happy to hear that it has worked so well, but I wouldn't discard the effects of a ketogenic diet, if your husband is doing that - if not, definitely something worth considering to boost the beneficial effects of the supplements and improve longterm health.

Magnesium doesn't have that effect on me; I usually take as much as I can per day without causing diarrhea. I think that HCl supplementation has helped me get to sleep though, so it could be that low stomach acid changes how the body reacts to magnesium.

nicklebleu said:
Ivone said:

I'm happy to hear that it has worked so well, but I wouldn't discard the effects of a ketogenic diet, if your husband is doing that - if not, definitely something worth considering to boost the beneficial effects of the supplements and improve longterm health.
No, he wasn t at ketagonic diet, he eats usually food and he is at the moment suffering from lot of stress (lost of job, no money), so it is really a miracle - thanks to D- ribose, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom