The Matrix

Would it have been better if I had said awakening people to a false "reality"?
IMO the Matrix trivializes the seriousness of the situation we find our selfs in today and it serves only as a controlled outlet for pent up feelings of powerlessness and injustice that prevents true free thought and change.
The truth of the matter is that nobody can control your thoughts without your consent.
People willingly plug them selfs into "the matrix" because its a lot easer then thinking for yourself.
It is my opinion that rebellion is just one side of the same coin and has never truly solved anything.
Rebellion ends up turning into another form of conformity, either you are with us(the rebellion) or with them(the opposition).
All revolutions turn into bloody violent wars and in the end the revolutionaries become the new tyrants.
Most people into alternative history and news have the same mindset as the people they call sheeple and believe they have "woke up" so to speak.
IMO you can never be fully "awake", and the moment you think are, you're no better off then when you started. Waking up is a continual proses that should never stop throughout ones life.
I believe that the so called "truth movement" and its leaders are in league with the same forces as those who carried out 9-11.
All the Alex Jones' out there only offer up fear, paranoia, rebellion with no real solutions, and of course DVDs.
Can we expect to change the world for the better when we can't even do it on a personal level?
There are many, many traps one can fall into on the pathway to truth and the only thing I am certain of is my own ignorance.
I'm not trying prove anything to anyone and there is no burden on me to do so.
I am only offering a point of view, make of it what you will.

I could be mistaken, but I think Bernhard asked that question since you've posted several threads in the last few days that either repeat what has already been discussed or indicate that you may not have an in-depth understanding of the material presented on this forum and it's associated web pages. That is fine if one is willing to learn, but if one simply comes to post one's 'point of view' or opinion on a matter, then that is noise on this forum and is highly discouraged. I think since you just found the forum a few days ago, it might serve you well to spend some time reading and getting up to speed, instead of posting.

Then, you'll be able to post and contribute in a more positive manner. =)

cottoneye said:
Are you familiar at all with the material of this site and http://www.cassiopaea.org?
Thanks for the link, I bookmarked it. But why do you ask?
....because some of your "concerns" and questions might be answered/put into right context when reading the material this forum is kind of based on.

The Wave-Series are a good start:
http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/waveindex.htm

Cheers!

So I've been going through an interview process with some people down in Albuquerque. The guy that runs the show is Dr Kent Kiehl and he studied under Robert Hare @ UBC. He has three big projects going on right now, all doing researching into psychopathy. The first two are doing personality assessments (PCL-R et al) with juvenile offenders, one with adults and then one project that is more MRI/EEG stuff. I'm interviewing for all three. I'm kinda nervous and a little excited b/c I'd be moving across the country to a completely different climate and I wouldn't know a soul there till I got familiarized and started meeting people.

It's kinda difficult to contemplate b/c I'm pretty social and have all my friends and family situated in this area. They're also a little unhappy that I'm interviewing so far away. My 'rents especially like me close, and both my grandma's are near and I tend to help them out a lot. I'm also the only one who really walks the family dogs and takes them fun places, and since they're so hyper they really need the attention. I'd definitely miss them if I end up moving.

I do feel that I need to switch gears, and that moving might help. I also regretted failing to take an opportunity I had to move to NYC a little over a year ago, and so there's that pushing me off as well. I think getting away from my friends and family might help me clear my head a bit, and also give me a lot of time to focus on more important things. Then again, it's not where you are, but who you are that counts right?

Anyway on top of all that, the matrix nailed my brother the other night, and it was due to a complete lack of vigilance on all our parts. Thus the story:

I met Steph @ a party I was invited to awhile ago, she seemed nice and since we clicked we both planned to go our to the bar one night. She's also a single girl and has a few single girl friends and I have quite a few single male friends, so I figured they might click. So we go out friday night, my friends I'll call Dennis, Jon & Adrian and my brother I'll name Pepin. We all have a drink before going out - alcohol's expensive ya know? - and we hike it up to the bar.

Dennis & Jon both offer to give me a piggy-back ride since my ankle's been bummed (twisted it playing paintball the saturday prior) & I begrudgingly accepted. Everything's fine and we have a great time up at the bar, I hobble around but for the most part I'm healing pretty well and it wasn't a bad sprain (nothing broken). We goto the next bar and at this point everyone's getting a bit inebriated. Around two I'm ready to call it quits, and the bar was going to close anyway so Adrian and I go back to my apartment, Jon get's a ride home, but Dennis & Pepin decide they're not done quite yet and so they goto the after-hours bar for another drink.

I hobble back to my house just fine and we're not there fifteen minutes when Dennis & Pepin come in, laughing and being overall quite ruckus. Apparently my brother had hopped on the hood of not one, but two cars and kicked in their windshields for no apparent reason. When asked later, he says he was blacked out until his foot when through the last windshield, someone yelled at them, and they ran. None of us able to think very clearly, Dennis decided he was going to drive on to this house party and Pepin wanted a ride home. I tried to stop them, seeing as they were drunk and in no fine condition to drive, but they wouldn't hear it and went on anyway.

They had just gotten into Dennis' car, just outside when three cops pulled up, immediately interogated them and then arrested them both. Two counts of criminal conspiracy (because they refused to say anything until they had a lawyer) and two counts of criminal mischief (for both windshields).

It's quite out of character for my brother, he's typically a good kid, a little cocky but mostly harmless. It struck me how easily we were all puppetted as if we were playing out some pre-destined drama, scripted to give us each a role and a lesson. The biggest clue I had was the emotional energy being brewed and seemingly siphoned off in the hours to days after. My mother & father, Dennis & Pepin themselves, myself & Adrian, Dennis' parents, the people who's windshields got smashed, the cops who arrested them, and many others - it was a veritable shmorgas board of all kinds of emotional energy off of two smashed windshields.

That's not even counting the long term effect - the inevitable court date, the accounting to be done, the frustration, anger and sadness that will ensue.

For myself, I've learned that my brother can't drink. At least, he has the potential to drink to the point where he blacks out and continues to function getting himself into trouble. I've seen this happen once before (different friend, three years ago) and he ended up with a charge of B&E, one felony theft, and one felony attempted arson. It's as if they get drunk and then something else takes over. What that something else is I haven't the foggiest, but that it functions as a tool of the matrix seems obvious.

I've also noticed that when I drink my critical thinking process go out the window (surprise!). It's never gotten me into trouble, mostly because the little alcohol tolerance I have gets used up after the first drink, and after four or five I can't be out in public and thus seek shelter. So my drinking typically doesn't go beyond three, and if I have four+ then I'm staying in or at somewhere were I can stumble home. I've found that it helps my IBS more then anything else I've done so far (other then eat healthy and excercise regularly), and since I never have the need or urge to drive while under the influence it doesn't seem to affect me for the worse.

Anyway sorry for the length, but that's what's been on my mind as of late. Hopefully it can give readers insight, and by sharing my lessons it helps someone besides myself.

Ooh well I'm such a light-drinker ya know, after like four or five, ahm outta there!...

C'mon Brent. Who are you kidding? All your tremendous input lately - writing and posting articles; sounds like you felt 'entitled' to get wrecked ("but I'll just observe myself as I do so!") and the old 'social animal' program kicked in big time: can't let 'em down tonight, they need me!

Some of them may need you alright, but they need you sober and vigilant. It sounds like you've got big decisions coming up - focus brother!

Cyre2067 said:
Anyway sorry for the length, but that's what's been on my mind as of late. Hopefully it can give readers insight, and by sharing my lessons it helps someone besides myself.
It's not real clear what this lesson meant to you as your post is chocked full of rationalizations. Learning that your brother 'can't drink' doesn't seem much like a lesson. Have you considered that if your brother walked home with you instead of heading to the after-hours bar then he very well could have smashed those windows while with you... then what? Would you have called the police on your brother? or possibly have been arrested as well? What would happen with your interviews then?

Cyre said:
it was a veritable shmorgas board of all kinds of emotional energy off of two smashed windshields.
Interestingly, this outpouring of emotional energy seems to stem from actions of a deadened emotional center (not two smashed windshields). Imo, such a smorgasbord seems to have the flavor of a healthy instinctive response to preserve the species. When all this emotional energy is directed towards a pathologically infected, but potentially normal person, it would seem that it could help awaken the deadened emotional center. However, rationalizations and other forms of self calming just siphon this energy up to become 'food for the moon'. Perhaps the same siphoning occurs when this energy is directed towards psychopaths with the majority of people thinking these creatures are human.

Cyre said:
For myself, I've learned that my brother can't drink. At least, he has the potential to drink to the point where he blacks out and continues to function getting himself into trouble. I've seen this happen once before (different friend, three years ago) and he ended up with a charge of B&E, one felony theft, and one felony attempted arson. It's as if they get drunk and then something else takes over. What that something else is I haven't the foggiest, but that it functions as a tool of the matrix seems obvious.
In Gnosis II, Mouravieff wrote about the esoteric meaning of the mythical chimera, which Laura included in a post here as related to the characteristics of psychopathy. I think some things can be taken from the description to help with an understanding of a ponerized state and how this 'something else' takes over.

Mouravieff said:
The original esoteric significance of this monster has been lost, although its symbolic meaning is known and its name has passed into current language: by chimera we mean a false idea or a vain imagining. A chimeric mind sustains itself on illusions, and a chimeric project collapses when tested against facts, being groundless or unrealizable.

Let us try to rediscover the esoteric significance of the Chimera, hidden in Myth by initiatory tradition. We know that all beings in Nature are divided into three categories depending on the number of centres in their psyche. The first category is of beings having a psyche of only one centre: obviously the motor centre. Beings belonging to the second category have two centres: motor and emotional. Lastly, as beings possessing three centres, humans alone have a motor centre, an emotional centre, and an intellectual centre.

The fabulous Chimera is an animal of a higher type; with its lion's head and the body of a goat, it incontestably ranks in the second category, that of beings possessing two centres in the psyche, If it was a living being, because of this fact it would have motor and emotional centres. It does actually have two centres in the psyche, but these are the motor and the intellectual. Thus it can only have an unreal existence, chimeric in the true meaning of that word, as no bi-centred beings exist in Nature other than those with motor and emotional centres.

For what reason was this monster introduced into the Mythology of remote Antiquity which goes back to the very sources of Initiation? ...

If we had wanted to draw this diagram in zoomorphic form, we would logically have done so by using the Chimera: the head of a lion, the body of a goat, and the tail of a dragon. This is a chimerical being, vomiting vortexes of flame and fire on every occasion, in his march towards death, a man whose psyche is formed in this way can in fact, like the Chimera, lay claim to the paternity of Typhon, the principle of evil and esoteric sterility. ...

As for the motor centre, in the case that concerns us this works at full capacity. Responsible for the natural instinctive and motor functions that ensure the life of the organism and the movements of the body, it has always been the object of special training: military, sporting, artistic etc. But in addition, because of the [lack of emotional center], for good or ill the motor centre also replaces it in its functions. The motor centre replaces the positive tenderness of affection by the passionate tenderness of sensations dominated by a spirit of possession. In this domain too, the life of [such a man] is then lowered to the level of that of an animal.

All this allows us to better understand the structure of [such a] man's Personality, which is then ... reduced to bicentrism, the very characteristic of the chimera: a lion's head to represent intelligence and an animal's body with the tail of a dragon to symbolize passions deprived of all feeling. The fire and flames vomited from its mouth are the fire of discord and the flame of intellectualized passions stimulated by usurped sexual energy.

Psychologically, this means that [such a man is] governed only by intellectual and instinctive-motor considerations. This human type - the chimeric - is often found among the cultured classes of our time. It can produce people of great intellectual ability, but since intelligence is agnostic by nature and they are not oriented by the compass of the emotional centre, such people become amoral. For them everything is permissible except what is forbidden: or rather, what is not punishable.

When man of this psychological type feels the need for relaxation-which is legitimate in itself - he falls under sway of his bodily instincts. His 'I of the body then takes the place of the "I" of the unbalanced Personality. However, the 'I' of the body only has the use of the motor centre, which is equally mutilated. Since this is reduced to four sectors instead of six it too is deprived of a compass. Man then turns towards 'small pleasures' or grand passions' in which he satisfies all his senses, driven by an inventive intellectual imagination while the two centres, motor and intellectual, are fed by energy stolen from the sexual centre. ...

If we have given this whole chapter to this analysis it is because the phenomenon it reveals is much more frequent than one would believe. True, we have discussed an extreme case so that it is more clearly impressed on the reader's mind; but there exist other cases that are less extreme and more subtle.
The relaxation that Mouravieff described seems quite aligned with the kind of drunken behavior you described.

DJH said:
Not sure what the Matrix has to do with it wink Sounds more like your brother nailed himself.
True enough.

starsailor said:
C'mon Brent. Who are you kidding? All your tremendous input lately - writing and posting articles; sounds like you felt 'entitled' to get wrecked ("but I'll just observe myself as I do so!") and the old 'social animal' program kicked in big time: can't let 'em down tonight, they need me!
My 'tremendous input' is merely an outlet, something I do to placate my conscience. I really can't tell if it has an affect at all in the grand scheme of things, but then again non-linear dynamics seems to rule so....

I am a 'social animal' and while it can be fun it's also annoying. I think a lot of it has to do with feeling like the outcast growing up, and then in college becoming more social and acquiring more friends. Another reason why moving might help, it'd cut the cord between all my various groups and myself, but knowing me I'd just meet more people out there and begin the cycle all over again. It may give me the pause I need to stew in the pain of not being around people all the time though.

shane said:
It's not real clear what this lesson meant to you as your post is chocked full of rationalizations. Learning that your brother 'can't drink' doesn't seem much like a lesson.
Then what is the lesson? My brother & mostly everyone else I'm surrounded by are emotionally dead zombies? Ponerized to the max and thus not able to gain anything by contining to interact with me? Ugh. Felt that in the pit of my stomach. That one hurt.

shane said:
Have you considered that if your brother walked home with you instead of heading to the after-hours bar then he very well could have smashed those windows while with you... then what? Would you have called the police on your brother? or possibly have been arrested as well? What would happen with your interviews then?
Actually I didn't think about that. If anything I thought that if they had come home with Adrian & myself then he wouldn't have been so quick to destroy property. Maybe I'm wrong there. I guess the reality of the situation is due to circumstance (busted ankle & low tolerance) I was done and ready to go home. I invited everyone to come back as well, and they chose to continue drinking and the consequences that ensued.

shane said:
Interestingly, this outpouring of emotional energy seems to stem from actions of a deadened emotional center (not two smashed windshields). Imo, such a smorgasbord seems to have the flavor of a healthy instinctive response to preserve the species. When all this emotional energy is directed towards a pathologically infected, but potentially normal person, it would seem that it could help awaken the deadened emotional center. However, rationalizations and other forms of self calming just siphon this energy up to become 'food for the moon'.
I don't even know how to behave towards him, or what I should say - if anything - to make him wake up. What's the externally considerate thing to do here?

My advice has thus been, a.) get a lawyer, b.) apoligize to the people who's windshields he broke and pledge reparations, c.) don't drink like that again.

What's more, my father has unquestionably assumed a large chunk of my brother's responsibilty for it. My dad's getting the lawyer, my dad will pay for it until Pepin can pay him back... Pepin doesn't even seem upset, dispondent or nervous at all; perhaps he is and he's internalizing it, though that will only bring his ulcer back.

I think Mouravieff is spot on. It sounds exactly like what happened. Though he doesn't perscribe what to do in such situations. I feel a little helpless, understanding that this is his lesson and he has to learn it for himself, but to sit here and watch it is painful, especially as it affects my whole family. Maybe the timing isn't coincidental and it's meant as a little 'wake up' call to me, 'time to move on brent'....

Yeesh. I wish The Universe could just write me a letter.

Cyre2067 said:
Then what is the lesson? My brother & mostly everyone else I'm surrounded by are emotionally dead zombies? Ponerized to the max and thus not able to gain anything by contining to interact with me? [...]

Actually I didn't think about that. If anything I thought that if they had come home with Adrian & myself then he wouldn't have been so quick to destroy property. Maybe I'm wrong there.
Do you seriously think you have some sort of beneficial effect on people? Kind of a self-important notion, isn't it?

You also seem to have a history of socializing with fairly self-destructive types. Maybe these interviews are a big gift from the Universe? It sounds to me like it would be good for you to move a bit further away from your current situation and work on your strategic enclosure. Seriously, if your brother is having full fugue dissociative episodes (blackouts) when he gets drunk, then he really should be seeking professional psychological help, or at the very least, staying off the grog.

And out of sheer morbid curiosity, why did you use the name "Pepin" as a substitute for his real name?

What gave you the idea that you can or should "make him wake up?" That would be a violation of free will.

How about concentrating on waking yourself up? The General Law will teach your brother hard lessons.

Cyre2067 said:
I don't even know how to behave towards him, or what I should say - if anything - to make him wake up. What's the externally considerate thing to do here?

Cyre2067 said:
DJH said:
Not sure what the Matrix has to do with it wink Sounds more like your brother nailed himself.
True enough.
No, it is simply true.

Cyre said:
My 'tremendous input' is merely an outlet, something I do to placate my conscience. I really can't tell if it has an affect at all in the grand scheme of things, but then again non-linear dynamics seems to rule so....
'Non-linear dynamics seem to rule' is an excuse - it is an excuse for not doing anything and for loving nothing more than your lies. Lies which fill these posts of yours so completely that they are painful to read.

C said:
I am a 'social animal' and while it can be fun it's also annoying.
What a load of crap. You are nothing but mechanical - you have no idea what or who you are - you love your lies to yourself and to the reader - you love nothing more than your lies.

C said:
I think a lot of it has to do with feeling like the outcast growing up, and then in college becoming more social and acquiring more friends.
Lies - it is mechanical and nothing more - there is no 'reason' - it is simply what your machine wants to do and you lack the will to do anything else because you love your lies - it's really very simple. Considering how many times this has been pointed out to you, I write this response for other readers, not for you - you cannot hear it - you have chosen lies over the truth and chaos results.

c said:
Another reason why moving might help, it'd cut the cord between all my various groups and myself, but knowing me I'd just meet more people out there and begin the cycle all over again. It may give me the pause I need to stew in the pain of not being around people all the time though.
Same old lies - over and over - nothing will change until you value the truth over the lies - until you actually value anything in the world more than you value yourself - more than you value your lies.

C said:
Then what is the lesson? My brother & mostly everyone else I'm surrounded by are emotionally dead zombies? Ponerized to the max and thus not able to gain anything by contining to interact with me? Ugh. Felt that in the pit of my stomach. That one hurt.
Oh Please - that one hurt? It hurt because you get the slightest hint that you aren't a 'Hero' from TV? That you are as mechanical as everyone around you - that you are doing no good whatsoever for those around you because you are not only as asleep as they are but had a chance to be otherwise and chose lies over the truth?
Did you think it was all theoretical - that everyone was asleep except you and your family?

C said:
Actually I didn't think about that. If anything I thought that if they had come home with Adrian & myself then he wouldn't have been so quick to destroy property.
You really think you are less mechanical than he is?

C said:
The idea that you are even capable of 'doing' anything in this situation is a lie. You cannot wake him up - you are fully asleep, dreaming that you're a 'social animal' and that partying with your friends will help them. Horse hockey.

c said:
What's more, my father has unquestionably assumed a large chunk of my brother's responsibilty for it. My dad's getting the lawyer, my dad will pay for it until Pepin can pay him back...
So now you know why your brother is the way he is - and why you are the way you are - your father has raised children, not men.

c said:
Pepin doesn't even seem upset, dispondent or nervous at all; perhaps he is and he's internalizing it, though that will only bring his ulcer back.
Of course he isn't upset, he is a sleeping child and daddy is paying for it.

c said:
Yeesh. I wish The Universe could just write me a letter.
Of course you do, just like daddy paying for your brother's lawyer - you want things handed to you on a party platter. If you can see, for one millisecond how strongly you live in lies - and how you choose lies over the truth - then perhaps - just perhaps - all is not lost. If you do see this, even for a millisecond, it will make you physically ill. However, from these posts of yours, it certainly doesn't seem that you can see anything other than lies about yourself, your life and those around you.

When one chooses a lie, the chaos increases - it can be no other way.

Cyre said:
I wasn't suggesting you should wake him up. I was speculating about how such pain could be used and how it is corrupted. But here you admit you want 'to make him wake up'; if you changed you mind in your next post and you admit that you should respect his free will, it would probably be equally mechanical.

Back
Top Bottom