The Politics of Climate Change: Green New Deal And Other Madness

I am unsure of this should be posted here or in the Great Reset thread...

Apparently the Saudis are planning to build a futurist city in the desert, looks like something out of a sci Fi movie:

I've been seeing lots of stories about it, I wonder if this is the plan for everyone (or at least the survivors) once the "reset" is complete.

Welcome to Germany
Environmental and Climate protection latest gig :-O:umm:

_-2022-08-01-at-08.42.22.jpg

So, for the sake of Environmental and Climate protection, all first round football games, will be started one minute later - so that the "saved minute" can be used to loudly announce climate slogans and stuff...

"As part of a DFB campaign for environmental and climate protection, all first-round matches will be kicked off one minute later. As the DFB explained, the time is to be used for loudspeaker announcements on the subject of climate protection."

And this is what it sounds like...

:lol::lol: This is how it went -->

(you can watch the video snippet in a browser, without telegram)

In the Moroccan desert, Yves Saint-Laurent demonstrates his concept of ecological sobriety
For 15 minutes of fashion show in the desert, when Yves Saint-Laurent shows the way to ecological sobriety
By Alexis Poulin

In the Moroccan desert of Agafay, Kering organized an extraordinary show for the fashion show of the new Yves Saint Laurent collection.

Anthony Vaccarello, a native of Belgium and artistic director of the house of Saint Laurent since 2016, invited more than 300 journalists, TikTokers and celebrities to the Agafay desert for the staging of his new men's fashion show.

45 minutes from Marrakech, under a blazing sun, Kering rented a plot of land, created a 6 kilometer road to access the site, with daily watering, ephemeral buildings, air conditioning and VIP area.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Flashback:

The possible future under government control of the EDF.

1659353745547.png
1659353806048.png
1659354230317.png
1659354287191.png

#Professionnels of #restauration , enjoy this #JournéeDeLaFrite tastefully and economically by opting for appliances that consume less #Energie ! The planet will thank you and your #BudgetEnergie too!

#Météo #Bretagne #Températures #Juillet The month of July is ending. The temperatures were so high that we find such levels normally in July in the south of France and sometimes even in Spain or Italy. Details here: https://meteo.bzh/actualite/ou-r

In the Moroccan desert of Agafay, Kering organized an extraordinary show for the fashion show of the new Yves Saint Laurent collection.

Anthony Vaccarello, a native of Belgium and artistic director of the house of Saint Laurent since 2016, invited more than 300 journalists, TikTokers and celebrities to the Agafay desert for the staging of his new men's fashion show.

45 minutes from Marrakech, under a blazing sun, Kering rented a plot of land, created a 6 kilometer road to access the site, with daily watering, ephemeral buildings, air conditioning and VIP area.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

One comment which somebody wrote below that french article

"And all the money wasted for just 15 minutes of dildos wiggling the ass in tight dresses... it makes you think. That's the Klaus Schwab generation."

I thought that was funny ;-D French humor has it !

Problems really do arise if one is not paying attention to reality right and left.
Ice Age Farmer posts the following about new government green programs divorced from the realities of nature, agriculture, logistics and life:

“A close friend farms over 10,000 acres of corn in the mid-west. The property is spread out over 3 counties. His operation is a "partnership farm" with John Deere. They use the larger farm operations as demonstration projects for promotion and development of new equipment. He recently received a phone call from his John Deere representative, and they want the farm to go to electric tractors and combines in 2023. He currently has 5 diesel combines that cost $900,000 each that are traded in every 3 years. Also, over 10 really BIG tractors. JD wants him to go all electric soon.

He said: "Ok, I have some questions.

- How do I charge these combines when they are 3 counties away from the shop in the middle of a cornfield, in the middle of nowhere?
- How do I run them 24 hours a day for 10 or 12 days straight when the harvest is ready, and the weather is coming in?
- How do I get a 50,000+ lb. combine that takes up the width of an entire road back to the shop 20 miles away when the battery goes dead?

There was dead silence on the other end of the phone.

When the corn is ready to harvest, it has to have the proper sugar and moisture content. If it is too wet, it has to be put in giant dryers that burn natural or propane gas, and lots of it. Harvest time is critical because if it degrades in sugar content or quality, it can drop the value of his crop by half a million dollars or more. It is analyzed at time of sale. It is standard procedure to run these machines 10 to 12 days straight, 24 hours a day at peak harvest time. When they need fuel, a tanker truck delivers it, and the machines keep going. John Deere's only answer is 'we're working on it.' "

I am unsure of this should be posted here or in the Great Reset thread...

Apparently the Saudis are planning to build a futurist city in the desert, looks like something out of a sci Fi movie:
I think you posted in the right thread, Seamus, as this probably falls under the `and other madness´, along with a huge dose of hubris.

Basically, The Line is (a dream of) an emissions-free smart city in the works as a part of Saudi Arabia’s larger Neom mega-city project. The city is meant to run solely on renewable energy and if built according to plan will measure 170 kilometers (105 miles) long. This Neom project was started in October 2017 and parts were to be finished by 2020, and the whole thing by 2025. But not so.

When we left the Middle East on the last day of 2019, friends who were quite well-informed told us that only a start had been made with palaces for the various overlords, nothing else. There also seem to be many problems with keeping (extremely well paid) Western (and other) executives on the project. Could be due to the attitudes of the ones in charge: on the wikipedia page i read that the motto of the CEO of Neom, Saudi Nadhmi Al-Nasr, in a recording heard by The Wall Street Journal, said "I drive everybody like a slave, when they drop down dead, I celebrate. That’s how I do my projects." Wow, true STS in action. Moreover, there are Bedoin tribes on the land designated for the project who will not go willingly and there has even been a gunfight with them. In spite of MBS hiring one of the top PR firms (who also do the PR for the big pharma companies) and sponsoring of high end events to keep up appearances, there is not much done on the ground. Many would be very surprised if anything will ever come of this project. For now, it`s mostly the consultants who profit. Here`s another article about it for those interested.

Excellent article by F. William Engdahl about the global financial tsunami that has begun, deliberately planned, leading to the worst economic depression in history to date. Some excerpts:

The extent of the “cheap credit” bubble that the Fed, the ECB and Bank of Japan have engineered with buying up of bonds and maintaining unprecedented near-zero or even negative interest rates for now 14 years, is beyond imagination. Financial media cover it over with daily nonsense reporting , while the world economy is being readied, not for so-called “stagflation” or recession. What is coming now in the coming months, barring a dramatic policy reversal, is the worst economic depression in history to date. Thank you, globalization and Davos.

The global shortages of fertilizers, soaring prices of natural gas, and grain supply losses from global draught or exploding costs of fertilizers and fuel or the war in Ukraine, guarantee that, at latest this September-October harvest time, we will undergo a global additional food and energy price explosion. Those shortages all are a result of deliberate policies.

Moreover, far worse inflation is certain, ...

Similarly, the European Union has decided to phase out Russian oil and gas with no viable substitute as its leading economy, Germany, moves to shut its last nuclear reactor and close more coal plants. Germany and other EU economies as a result will see power blackouts this winter and natural gas prices will continue to soar. In the second week of June in Germany gas prices rose another 60% alone. Both the Green-controlled German government and the Green Agenda “Fit for 55” by the EU Commission continue to push unreliable and costly wind and solar at the expense of far cheaper and reliable hydrocarbons, insuring an unprecedented energy-led inflation.

Portugal is already heading towards much more hard times. It is estimated that of the 10 mln Portuguese citizens, a staggering 21.17% is now living below the poverty line. For July, the official inflation in Portugal came in at 9,1%, while energy prices increased by 31.2%, and food products went up by 13.2% (11.9% in June).

Meanwhile, the so called "Iberian gas brake mechanism" has caused much upheaval in society. The government approved this mechanism to limit the price of gas for electricity production on 13 May, which would allow families and companies to reduce their electricity bills. This came about after the Portuguese and Spanish governments reached a political agreement in Brussels with the European Commission to establish a temporary mechanism to set the average gas price at €50 per megawatt-hour.

Back in March it was presented as a way of ‘saving’ consumers in Portugal and Spain over a billion euros. Politicians discussed “the need to protect our citizens and industry… in case Europe is not up to the task”. Europe duly sanctioned the plan, and then last week Nuno Ribeiro da Silva, president of Endesa Portugal, explained that it wasn’t quite as it had been cracked out to be… He said Spanish consumers would indeed be benefiting from the ‘Iberian gas brake’ mechanism, but not the Portuguese. The Portuguese were in line for stiff increases in monthly bills, starting this month. Mr Ribeiro da Silva said: “We are talking in the order of 40% or more – and it has nothing to do with electricity companies”, he said. It is all down to the small print of the ‘gas brake’ which has to see consumers ‘compensating’ suppliers for the limit on prices charged.

Of course, within hours his message, and his explanations, were thoroughly trashed by the Portuguese government accusing him of fear mongering, and they said they will set out "finding new suppliers who maintain adequate prices". How would this even be possible! Endesa is the leading company in the Spanish electricity sector and the second-biggest operator in the electricity market in Portugal.

Dire times ahead indeed.

Ladies and Gentlemen; Welcome to Germany
Fart tax for the cows 🐮

"Your farting could be expensive: Environment Agency boss Dirk Messer brings a fart tax for cows into play"

That's going to cause a stink!

The head of the Federal Environment Agency, Dirk Messer, is toying with a CO tax for cows - because they fart so much!
Because no other No other farm animal digests methane in its rumen in a way that is as harmful to the climate as cows."

:umm:

IMAGE-2022-08-08-18-01-51.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen; Welcome to Germany
Fart tax for the cows 🐮

"Your farting could be expensive: Environment Agency boss Dirk Messer brings a fart tax for cows into play"

That's going to cause a stink!

The head of the Federal Environment Agency, Dirk Messer, is toying with a CO tax for cows - because they fart so much!
Because no other No other farm animal digests methane in its rumen in a way that is as harmful to the climate as cows."

:umm:

View attachment 62208
I agree Xpan, this whole thing stinks... :-D

Back
Top Bottom