The Ra material and the Cassiopaeans

United Gnosis said:
One last time thanks everybody. I do not believe I have anything else to contribute here and would not wish to waste your time further.

That's because you're looking at this as "you contributing" instead of "you learning" - if you reverse your thinking on that, you might just get somewhere and enjoy yourself a bit while you're at it.

Daenerys, thanks for your feedback. I appreciate your definition of magic. Seen as commanding objects to your will, I can clearly see how this definition is STS, while mine was too wide-ranging and thus included both STS and STO elements, hence the confusion that ensued.

My glass is not empty. I did go through that process already and am now connecting the dots between the morsels of knowledge I accumulated - as well as seeking more knowledge of course. However my mental edifice is under constant revision. I definitely enjoy the process of finding how new pieces can fit in, revising it often for internal logical consistency and even mapping it out with mindmapping software once in a while!

(However take care in saying that finishing the wave would assist anybody to be rational. Rationality depends on methodology, not content!)

Anart, I was hoping to contribute. However as I wrote my posts I was aware that I was learning - I did mention the second type of wisdom in buddhist philosophy, cinta-maya panna, which is the analytical process of putting thoughts together as well as the dialectic which ensues through discussion. I enjoyed this process but am sorry if my early digressions sapped your time!

United Gnosis said:
Daenerys, thanks for your feedback. I appreciate your definition of magic. Seen as commanding objects to your will, I can clearly see how this definition is STS, while mine was too wide-ranging and thus included both STS and STO elements, hence the confusion that ensued.

My glass is not empty. I did go through that process already and am now connecting the dots between the morsels of knowledge I accumulated - as well as seeking more knowledge of course. However my mental edifice is under constant revision. I definitely enjoy the process of finding how new pieces can fit in, revising it often for internal logical consistency and even mapping it out with mindmapping software once in a while!

(However take care in saying that finishing the wave would assist anybody to be rational. Rationality depends on methodology, not content!)

Anart, I was hoping to contribute. However as I wrote my posts I was aware that I was learning - I did mention the second type of wisdom in buddhist philosophy, cinta-maya panna, which is the analytical process of putting thoughts together as well as the dialectic which ensues through discussion. I enjoyed this process but am sorry if my early digressions sapped your time!

One cannot be rational without correct content, no matter what methodology. :)

May i suggest these threads?

http://cassiopaea.crystunix.com/qfs/qfs_ritual.htm

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,29300.msg372757.html#msg372757

http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/stalking.htm

http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/tibet.htm

By methodology I meant that to be rational, by definition, consists of processing information according to reason, that is, according to specific and internally consistent rules of logic, and with an awareness of logical fallacies. I'm not sure that I get what you mean regarding the fact that rationality depends on content, and I would appreciate if you could elaborate.

Thanks for the links! Laura had already quoted most of the one about Michael Topper and the entire criticism of Magick (which triggered my response, as I saw a logical incoherence between it and what I conceived to be magic - it ended up being the result of my too wide-ranging/blurry definition). I still have books on the pile before I can read darkness over tibet but have read the articles as well... which leaves the Search for Enlightenment thread :)

United Gnosis said:
By methodology I meant that to be rational, by definition, consists of processing information according to reason, that is, according to specific and internally consistent rules of logic, and with an awareness of logical fallacies. I'm not sure that I get what you mean regarding the fact that rationality depends on content, and I would appreciate if you could elaborate.

Thanks for the links! Laura had already quoted most of the one about Michael Topper and the entire criticism of Magick (which triggered my response, as I saw a logical incoherence between it and what I conceived to be magic - it ended up being the result of my too wide-ranging/blurry definition). I still have books on the pile before I can read darkness over tibet but have read the articles as well... which leaves the Search for Enlightenment thread :)

There is no hurry.

What I meant about content, and perhaps I did not word correctly, is that to really be rational, one needs a very wide and varied perspective with a lot of content. The more content the better. The more exacting the content, better still. Now, of course, one could use a good methodology and sift through tons of material, but, a lot of the work has already been done here already. Learning to spot lines of force and using discernment is easier on higher and higher levels due to what has already been pieced together. So in that respect content is key. You are getting the feedback in this thread that you are getting because many members can see where you are missing relevant content based on what you are posting.

Based on your posts I can see that you have been gathering content here there and yon, as we all do when we are searching. As Laura said in The Wave, there is the juvenile dictionary, and the adult dictionary, relating to the semiotic thought plane. The skill set to swim in these waters is not just a logical left brain rationality in and of itself. If you can see reality as an undulating matrix, you can start to see that there many facets to every piece, and in many instances there is not one hard core way of seeing things, and what you do see can change at any moment. For example, in math, an equation may exactly outline a particular piece of reality exactly. However, in a wider quantum view, it is no longer applicable as a whole. I hope I am making sense, as again I may not have worded what I am trying to convey correctly.

Laura said:
Q: (L) OK, so it's OK to intend something, or to think in an intentional way, or to hope in an intentional way, for something that is to serve another...
A: And that brings realization. But, realization creates anticipation.
Q: (L) Well, how do we navigate this razor? I mean, this is like walking on a razor's edge. To control your mind to not anticipate, and yet, deal with realization, and yet, still maintain hope...
A: Mental exercises of denial, balanced with pure faith of a nonprejudicial kind.

In doing my customary review of past posts and material, I came across this remark recently. As I'm also re-reading Lynne McTaggart's book, it heightened my curiosity.

Intent leading to realization. No problem there. Realization then creates anticipation. Okay, I get that part as well. To control the mind so as not to anticipate, the answers given were "mental exercises of denial" and "pure faith of a nonprejudicial kind".

The pure faith part I can relate to. But what on earth are "mental exercises of denial?" Is it the conscious purging of Want? Desire? Possession? And does one first succumb and after which you mentally get rid of them? Or do you need to block them out from the very beginning?

The term "exercises" imply some form of systematic procedure. I sure like to know what they are. And to incorporate them into my life. Coincidentally, I've had recent unpleasant experiences of anticipation...in which the actual outcome literally smacked me in the face.

sitting said:
Q: (L) OK, so it's OK to intend something, or to think in an intentional way, or to hope in an intentional way, for something that is to serve another...
Q: (L) Well, how do we navigate this razor? I mean, this is like walking on a razor's edge. To control your mind to not anticipate, and yet, deal with realization, and yet, still maintain hope...
A: Mental exercises of denial, balanced with pure faith of a nonprejudicial kind.

The pure faith part I can relate to. But what on earth are "mental exercises of denial?" Is it the conscious purging of Want? Desire? Possession? And does one first succumb and after which you mentally get rid of them? Or do you need to block them out from the very beginning?

The term "exercises" imply some form of systematic procedure. I sure like to know what they are. And to incorporate them into my life. Coincidentally, I've had recent unpleasant experiences of anticipation...in which the actual outcome literally smacked me in the face.

I have the same doubt. The denial is referring to make opposition to the anticipatory idea, thinking on the opposite ? Example: Anticipation: I buy a lottery ticket and I think I am going to win. Denial thinking: "I am not going to win", and repeat that in my mind as much as I forgot that thought? Other way to see it is denial the anticipatory thought but without judging it, this is , just to try to forget it. If anybody have experience with this, or know those denial exercises please share your thoughts.

Galaxia2002 said:
Other way to see it is denial the anticipatory thought but without judging it, this is , just to try to forget it.

I looked up it's definition.

Denial...the word is used for a psychological defense mechanism, in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence. The concept of denial is particularly important to the study of addiction.

This throws a little light on the phrase in question...but it also confuses the heck out of it, at least to my mind. But I'm gonna persist in chewing on this bone, because this anticipation is apparently what messes up the intent & realization thingy.

sitting said:
Galaxia2002 said:
Other way to see it is denial the anticipatory thought but without judging it, this is , just to try to forget it.

I looked up it's definition.

Denial...the word is used for a psychological defense mechanism, in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence. The concept of denial is particularly important to the study of addiction.

This throws a little light on the phrase in question...but it also confuses the heck out of it, at least to my mind. But I'm gonna persist in chewing on this bone, because this anticipation is apparently what messes up the intent & realization thingy.

If only the eternal moment Now is real and truly actionable, then denial might mean the refusal to move in the direction of the future (or past) bringing you back to the current actionable moment.

LQB said:
If only the eternal moment Now is real and truly actionable, then denial might mean the refusal to move in the direction of the future (or past) bringing you back to the current actionable moment.

I think the above has merit.

If intent, (consciousness focused)...or the "purposeful guidance of will" (Castaneda), collapses the wave function (as in realization), anticipation then as you say, may be a premature jumping ahead. Which then scrambles the process. Messing up the wave collapse. So learning to stay with the moment, and perhaps quieting the internal dialogue may be one method of denial.

Anticipation also cuts both ways apparently. Anticipation of danger is a good thing...leading to avoidance. So maybe anticipation (properly trained) is a mental tool for the purpose of negating real life outcomes.

sitting said:
Laura said:

In doing my customary review of past posts and material, I came across this remark recently. As I'm also re-reading Lynne McTaggart's book, it heightened my curiosity.

Intent leading to realization. No problem there. Realization then creates anticipation. Okay, I get that part as well. To control the mind so as not to anticipate, the answers given were "mental exercises of denial" and "pure faith of a nonprejudicial kind".

At the psychological level denial means saying "no". It implies an opposition to something. At the neural level, denial can indicate an inhibitory response. From the classical neuronal communication model, a nerve cell can receive excitatory and inhibitory impulses from others and the net outcome is that the neuron "fires" or not. It will fire if the excitatory impulses exceed the inhibitory impulses by a certain amount.

A "mental exercize of denial" could be related to saying "no" or inhibiting the habitual way of firing of neurones through conscious use of attention. The habitual way of neuronal firing could be related to the adaptive unconscious (or System1) which could be running the usual programs. The deliberate use of System2 to stop the habitual neuronal firing pattern is a mental exercize since it requires conscious effort and burns more energy.

Through such "mental exercize of denial", the usual receptor-ligand binding is prevented from happening. This would leave the receptor sites free to combine with ligands of a different or "higher" level (for the lack of a better term) instead of being saturated by other ligands of a "lower" level. With regard to faith, Gurdjieff said

[quote author=G]
Faith of the body is stupidity
Faith of feeling is weakness
Faith of consciousness is freedom
[/quote]
So maybe through the mental exercize of denial rejecting faith of body and feeling, one is able to attain a state of higher faith of consciousness, which is a "pure faith of a non-prejudicial kind" where one trusts the intelligence of the universe and does one's best to align oneself with it.

Just my thinking on this which could be off - so fwiw.

obyvatel said:
So maybe through the mental exercize of denial rejecting faith of body and feeling, one is able to attain a state of higher faith of consciousness, which is a "pure faith of a non-prejudicial kind" where one trusts the intelligence of the universe and does one's best to align oneself with it.

Just my thinking on this which could be off - so fwiw.

Thank you.

Maybe it has to do with non identification and external consideration because in thinking that what you are doing is helping another you are saying to yourself that they "require" your assistance you are determining their needs for them. Mental denial may help to keep your ego in check.

ajseph 21 said:
Maybe it has to do with non identification and external consideration because in thinking that what you are doing is helping another you are saying to yourself that they "require" your assistance you are determining their needs for them. Mental denial may help to keep your ego in check.

Thanks.

Somehow, I also keep thinking about this wave function. And how intent (consciousness focused) collapses it. It was referenced recently in the virus thread...viruses being thought manifest. Sounds like higher order beings do it with ease. They've got "anticipation" licked. It seems we too, can do such things (on smaller scale) but it's internal sabotage (brought on by deliberate outside DNA scrambling?) that kills it.

Ability to successfully intent a future is obviously a big deal. And I wonder if this is not one of those "simple understandings" that's been talked about in the transcripts.

Interestingly, 4th density world is where you get what you wish. But I'm not sure if what you "wish" is precisely the same as what you "intent."

I feel you're on to something there Sitting. Wishing and wishful thinking would be connected to anticipation. You might intend to help or gain something, then it happens so you realize this works so you anticipate more of the same like a hunger that can't be satisfied. You may continue to get what you want, but eventually balance is restored and the illusion is shattered which could leave you worse off than when you began. This makes me think of psychopaths in general like Nero from Rome or our modern ones today. They anticipate their control to continue but with famines and comets this is impossible. It would seem that anticipation can block realization and reduce you to a machine running programs with no intent at all.

Back
Top Bottom