The Science of Reincarnation

Approaching Infinity said:
whitecoast said:
I was going to ask this exact same question. I think Approaching Infinity provided a good answer. Another possibility I thought of is that there could be a big difference between people who go to 5D in death and those who stay behind in 3D as ghosts. Wickland stressed often that entering the afterlife with assumptions often made spirits ignorant. Perhaps those who believe heavily in reincarnation tried to incarnate as 3D instead of 5D spirits as a symptom of their ignorance.

I had a similar thought while reading Tucker's book. Maybe a traumatic death disrupts the normal 3D-5D-3D cycle in some way. Or maybe the personality bits don't fully 'disperse' into the human soul pool (thinking OPs here). However, one point against your idea above is that while the majority of "cases of the reincarnation type" occur in cultures with strong beliefs in reincarnation, not all do.

But what do think about a traumatic death in terms of "ecstasy?" There are various ways to die trauma-wise, the build-up of terror from a killer on a rampage or falling from a great height. The latter is what I'm thinking of as I seem to remember a reference to "ecstasy" in one of the session transcripts.

H-kqge said:
Approaching Infinity said:
whitecoast said:
I was going to ask this exact same question. I think Approaching Infinity provided a good answer. Another possibility I thought of is that there could be a big difference between people who go to 5D in death and those who stay behind in 3D as ghosts. Wickland stressed often that entering the afterlife with assumptions often made spirits ignorant. Perhaps those who believe heavily in reincarnation tried to incarnate as 3D instead of 5D spirits as a symptom of their ignorance.

I had a similar thought while reading Tucker's book. Maybe a traumatic death disrupts the normal 3D-5D-3D cycle in some way. Or maybe the personality bits don't fully 'disperse' into the human soul pool (thinking OPs here). However, one point against your idea above is that while the majority of "cases of the reincarnation type" occur in cultures with strong beliefs in reincarnation, not all do.

But what do think about a traumatic death in terms of "ecstasy?" There are various ways to die trauma-wise, the build-up of terror from a killer on a rampage or falling from a great height. The latter is what I'm thinking of as I seem to remember a reference to "ecstasy" in one of the session transcripts.

Don't know. I should've added a caveat to my previous post. It's not JUST a traumatic death that we have to take into account, since if that was the only causal factor, every traumatic death would crop up in a reincarnation case. There seems to be a lot more going on that we don't understand.

One thing about traumatic deaths is that one could then reincarnate with a strong load that drives certain lessons.

As to who does or does not believe in reincarnation, for the most part, every person I ever worked with for many years reported past lives whether they "believed in it" or not even including those who definitely did NOT "believe".

Reminds me of Edgar Cayce who was a sort of fundie Christian when he started going into trances and giving out all kinds of info. It was pretty much counter to what he "believed" in his waking state and he had to deal with some cognitive dissonance there for awhile.

As has been mentioned, I think there are all kinds of possibilities, different combinations of factors, and so forth. It's pretty fascinating stuff and that's why I say it really OUGHT to be properly researched instead of pushed to the fringe by mainstream science.

Laura said:
One thing about traumatic deaths is that one could then reincarnate with a strong load that drives certain lessons.

Ah! Very interesting, food for thought. Thanks.

Laura said:
As has been mentioned, I think there are all kinds of possibilities, different combinations of factors, and so forth. It's pretty fascinating stuff and that's why I say it really OUGHT to be properly researched instead of pushed to the fringe by mainstream science.

Absolutely. I think everyone here can at least, agree on that. But as is usual on TBBM in 3-d realm, a chance for the collective to learn & grow together at once, has been lost. What a shame. Maybe other versions in alternate timelines (if that is so) may have a better opportunity, "ray of creation" & "branches (hopefully not withering & dying) of the universe" & all that.

Absolutely. As mentioned in your last video, Laura, if the universe is increasing in complexity (I hope that's the right term) rather than sinking into further entropy, then we have barely scratched the surface, knowledgewise, of this issue.

PS: Sorry, but I still can't figure out how to quote just part of a quote properly.

[Mod: quotes fixed]

Redrock12 said:
PS: Sorry, but I still can't figure out how to quote just part of a quote properly.

Just quote as usual, and delete the parts you don't want quoted. That's what I just did.

Laura said:

Tucker presents a similar hypothesis in his book.

For the most part, the new book is more recent cases, from Western cultures. Included is the story of James Leininger, who remembered being an American pilot killed during the Iwo Jima operation in WWII. Very interesting case, which you can find on Youtube. He also presents the case of a young boy who remembered being the screenwriter for Gone with the Wind! And an unprecedented case where the young boy identified himself as the man in a Hollywood picture and gave details of his life. It took a lot of research to finally discover the identity of the man in the photo, whose life details matched with the boy's memories.

Tucker also gives a few cases of children who remember past lives as animals. One: an experimental birthmark case involving marks made on a dog's leg. Another: a boy who remembered being a snake (who had been a deer previously), who remembered the man who killed the snake (verified details). Interestingly, the boy would go to the spot where the snake was killed and meditate, during which times he "obtained information about using herbs to help the sick" and was later recognized in his village as a local doctor. More interestingly, he had been born with ichthyosis, "a skin condition that caused his body, particularly the lower half, to be covered in scales".

Thanks, AI, those are really interesting cases. The ones about remembering past lives as animals are really bizarre.

SeekinTruth said:
Thanks, AI, those are really interesting cases. The ones about remembering past lives as animals are really bizarre.

Yes, thanks A.I. :) I've heard of some similar cases with humans remembering being animals. Reincarnating as an animal in Buddhism was considered karma for being unenlightened and unskillful in your habits. I speculated that these people were potentially organic portals because they literally had the soul of an animal. But the story about the snake individual mediating and receiving (potentially channelled) knowledge kind of makes me question my assumptions about what certain types of souls are capable of... What do y'all think?

Laura said:
Very interesting article here:
http://uvamagazine.org/articles/the_science_of_reincarnation

U.Va. psychiatrist Jim Tucker investigates children’s claims of past lives

What is more interesting than the article are the attacks in the comments below it.
More disappointing than interesting in my opinion. There seems to be no floor to the standards of behavior for those who have set in their sights on those who have chosen to investigate the evidence associated with these phenomena. Apparently all's fair in this war against "pseudoscience." The problem with declaring something pseudoscience beforehand, ignoring potential evidence, and attempting to falsify it with ridicule, is that such behavior in itself violates several of the cardinal principles of the scientific method. If nothing else, giving such evidence a fair hearing would settle the question much more soundly than by trying to silence the debate by any rancorous means possible.

whitecoast said:
SeekinTruth said:

Yes, thanks A.I. :) I've heard of some similar cases with humans remembering being animals. Reincarnating as an animal in Buddhism was considered karma for being unenlightened and unskillful in your habits. I speculated that these people were potentially organic portals because they literally had the soul of an animal. But the story about the snake individual mediating and receiving (potentially channelled) knowledge kind of makes me question my assumptions about what certain types of souls are capable of... What do y'all think?

Just to indulge this hypothesis a little further, I recall an interview with someone who believed he was the reincarnation of a horse (referred to euphemistically as Jason the Horse) who talked at length about his desire to return to being a horse some day. If that's true (just indulging the hypothesis) perhaps he is forsaking his chance to "graduate" to the higher level he has earned. Just a gray-basket thought.

http://www.examiner.com/article/jason-the-horse-the-soul-of-a-horse-trapped-a-human-body

One thing i don't understand is that if we go through a 5th density contemplation before reincarnating, and are able to impart great truths shortly after departure due to the timelessness, (Sorry, I couldn't find the appropriate session wherein this was stated) Then why do we still come back with past life pain, feelings, etc?

H-kqge said:
But what do think about a traumatic death in terms of "ecstasy?" There are various ways to die trauma-wise, the build-up of terror from a killer on a rampage or falling from a great height.

Laura said:

A traumatic death doesn't have to be violent. Someone who clings to life and cannot let go at the moment of passing would experience a traumatic death. Or, for example, a concert pianist or artist, whose identity is so strongly bound up with their work that they cannot let go of it. Or someone who believes that death is the end, with nothing beyond it.

I'd like to share something related to this topic that happened today.

I work in a community centre that includes day care center. Near end of my shift i went there to fix a shelf with my co-worker. The people in the room left so we could work without distraction, but one kid, maybe 4-5 year old, stayed and became really interested what we were doing. We were kinda puzzled with the shelf and the kid also started to wonder out loud, trying to sort the problem with us (it was quite adorable :)).

A bit later he said how he used to fix things and I got curious of his statement. While working i casually asked when this was, and he answered "when i was adult" and -if i remember correctly-, that he had other employees or something like that. He also talked about previous day care center where he had played repairman, so it could be just that. I didn't go any further and soon employee picked the kid, because he was supposed to be with others. Funny how adults often miss what kids say - my co-worker didn't seem to pay attention to anything he had just said. Anyway, thought it was quite interesting incidence.

Back
Top Bottom