The Spinning Survey

Endymion said:
NORDIC HEALER said:
I have also heard that spinning to the Right will throw you more into a Left Brain type consciousness, and conversely spinning to the Left will then throw you more into a Right Brain type conciousness.
I found this intriguing so have started this survey to ascertain the accuracy of this information.

1. Do you spin to the right or left?

2. Do you identify as 'the artist' or 'the scientist'?

3. How often do you spin, and how many revolutions each time?

4. What effects have you noticed from spinning?

1. Right [left hand upwards, right hand down] in the morning & night, left [right hand upwards] in the afternoon.

2. Scientist with artistic inclination?

3. 3x33 times.

4. Grounding. Creativity. Decisiveness. Mental clarity.

SMM said:
Endymion said:
NORDIC HEALER said:
I have also heard that spinning to the Right will throw you more into a Left Brain type consciousness, and conversely spinning to the Left will then throw you more into a Right Brain type conciousness.
I found this intriguing so have started this survey to ascertain the accuracy of this information.

1. Right [left hand upwards, right hand down] in the morning & night, left [right hand upwards] in the afternoon.

2. Scientist with artistic inclination?

3. 3x33 times.

4. Grounding. Creativity. Decisiveness. Mental clarity.

1. To the left with my left palm up, right hand down.
2. Artistic
3. Once every couple of day, sometimes more often. Though I haven't done it more than once a day.
33 full spins
4. I feel a definite effect on days that I do it. It clears my mind immediately. I feel grounded, clearer, more intuitive and it lasts for periods even when I don't remember to do it. it seems to induce dreams at night (dreams that seem to be meaningful, as in, receiving information via image, sound, landscapes, etc.)... I know that that dream description may not be easy to understand, but that's the only way I can describe it. I also seem to be more in the moment and more responsible and more decisive to my daily actions...effective rather than affected. I'd like to try to discipline myself to increase to three times a day and see the effects of that.

Listening to the Pleiadian tapes I thought spinning means getting used to spinning at extreme speed like astronauts training shown on TV- to not become dizzy, because density change might result in disorientation - and practicing spinning might mean that !-FLOP-! i might disappear to god knows where..

Added I spun mostly on dried up grass and weed that acted like needles - which caused scrape and sting wounds on feet - this led to worries where I step during spinning and not fall, plus I concentrated on my right thumb - to prevent dizziness and not fall, all this caused a slightly crooked stance, bent spine, bent legs, resulting in constriction and not loosening up at all..

Last time however I straightened my spine, lifted my head and didn't worry about stepping on dry piked cut weed (there was some rain before), let loose, let go of the constriction and discovered that:

- I should have let loose and concentrated on the a central axle spinning, the cell mass at the rotational axis of my body first
- Like Gurdjieff taught I sort of placed my awareness into the cell mass at the body axis (spine) slowly extending to the torso
- then tried to extend this "being conscious in the central cell mass" out to the legs and arms.

It appears spinning is not really an exercise in preventing dizziness, rather its a training to become conscious in the whole body while spinning, finding the cells in the body axis with the mind, placing the weight of consciousness there and so the practitioner "becomes conscious in the cells of the body" then try to extend this cell-consciousness so that I become aware in my outstretched arms, legs, skull, the whole body on a cellular level. (And with practice later do something in this state?)

It seems the spinning aims for:

1. whole body consciousness while spinning
2. loosening up, letting go of constrictions, let go of fears (of falling)

Its a totally different experience from previous spinning attempts. It doesn't seem to aim popping out of this reality, rather achieving all cell consciousness while spinning. A rather peculiar state of mind! I detected no low level feelings there like ecstasy or wishful, artificial emotions. It was all-aware, emotionless, worry less, free of junk-thoughts, being in conscious control of all cells and balance and the spinning motion. The body movement differs, becomes a lot more graceful.

At the very beginning stages. I'm interested in continuing, where this leads.

Spun again following a sprinting + heavy athletic resistance exercise, after sunset, in slight hypothermia and naturally in a bit of runners high.

- For seconds the world seemed come to a standstill. Body spinning, but the spirit motionless, hovering there in calm, non-feeling, peaceful, cleansed state of grace.

Couldn't find better words. Is spinning the default state of calm in higher realms? Showed clearly that all my life the heavy emotions during the day, the horses were all a lie! Rough, completely unnecessary ridiculous show of useless raw mood dashes here and there.

Maybe this spinning serves cleansing? It certainly showed me what an "elevated", graceful, calm, receptive, peaceful state of awareness looks like! My mind felt ready to receive. Soak in input/knowledge? This all surely reads ridiculous, trying to describe, but this is how it "felt" without feeling.

Just for seconds i didn't even need to keep / worry about balance and afterwards these spots of graceful body-control remained for minutes. My psyche felt cleansed, calm, thankfully free of unnecessary heavy emotions, bereft of worry, no anxiety, just some never before experienced transient-higher state of awareness being in control, without selfish thoughts wanting to control anything. Nicoll described a hovering sensation during self-remembering. Weightlessness or lack of gravity.

Spinning appeared lifting / pulling the mind up to a state I didn't experienced before. Is this a climbing exercise toward STO? Aiming to show in this STS realm (remotely) as much as possible, how real states of consciousness will look when in STO?

1. It seem natural to me to spin left to right, and focusing my thumb alternately.
2. ..?
3. 3 times a day. 33 time each. Start about 3 months ago, morning, afternoon, evening.
4. When I complete, palms together at chest level and keep my eyes open and look ahead, and I stay until everything around me stop spinning back to the left.
When it stop. I feel my body energized and my thought become still. This benefits only when I totally focus my thumb and stayed present moment to spin.
Sometimes I wondered, if is OK to do more than 3 times per day. I am not thinking about trying to accelerate chakra systems inside my body more than anybody, I just like to do it for benefits. But I don't know is safe or not so I just do 3 times per day.

Interestingly, when I was a small child, from age 2 to around age 8, I would spend many hours a day (sometimes up to 5) spinning in circles to music. My mother would change the albums so I didn't have to stop spinning to do it. A psychologist I saw when a teenager suggested that I became a drug addict at age 13 because I spent my childhood in an altered state of consciousness with the spinning. Any opinions on this?

When I followed the Grateful Dead back in the '90's, there was a group of people called the Spinners who created a religion out of spinning at Shows. They believed that Jerry Garcia's guitar channeled the Voice of God, which was only correctly received if one was spinning. Needless to say, they were also acidheads.

Seeker of Truth said:
A psychologist I saw when a teenager suggested that I became a drug addict at age 13 because I spent my childhood in an altered state of consciousness with the spinning. Any opinions on this?
I don't have an opinion on this for you (there are all sorts of reasons why one might become a drug addict and nothing can be known without taking most such factors into account! Usually interpersonal factors are more pertinent, but it may not be the case with this specifically, since five hours is a lot you may have inadvertently built up your own tolerance). But you remind me that children do experience a buzz after spinning. (I remember as much!) If we're used to the reward system we often find other things to stimulate the same chemicals. The spinning may well have been healthy (or healthier in comparison?) but as we grow up we might find other things, and the more we tolerate it the more we want to stave off withdrawal.

All very basic, but you give me the image of my nephew spinning all the time! It makes sense to me now :lol:

Perhaps you found a way to escape the pain of chemical imbalance by dissociating with altered consciousness and then found other ways to do this as you reached the age where peer pressure had an effect. Just a thought.

Endymion said:

1. I spin to the right (Clockwise)

2 is tough. I always seen science as an art form. I want to answer both, I can't see one without the other in most cases. I suppose I'm more 'art' oriented. Expression, articulation, communication are a big deal to me.

3. I started off 33 times a day. Worked up to 66. It varies how many times I spin per day, but at least 33 times 5 to 6 days a week. Sometimes 66 every day. I finally made 99 a few days ago.

4. The effects:

My first day, I was dizzy and couldn't keep balanced. I then learned some weeks later if you close your palms together, you balance immediately, which is helpful and kept me in the practice.

I feel more focused, less distracted, more in control of my emotions. Harder to be provoked and oddly aloof/distant. In some ways less interested in materialism. It feels good.

I spun my first time 99 times a few days ago and felt amazing afterward. That night, I had terrifying visions however, each time I would close my eyes. I could see scorned faces, macabre, out right images of scat and decay. That night I woke up from nightmares I couldn't remember.

1. I spin to the right (clockwise).
2. I don't particularly identify as "artist" or "scientist" - mixed, I guess.
3. For the last couple of months, I've been pretty consistently spinning 33 times, 3 times daily. I tried the spinning back years ago (~2006 to 2009), until around the time when EE was first released, then I stopped doing it after getting into doing EE. But back then, I never did it all that consistently. I started last fall again, and it seemed to go to another level after starting the Iodine protocol last November. But, again, I didn't do it as consistently as in more recent months. Now with the Crystal Connection added, it seems to REALLY have gone to another level.
4. So the latest effects: The longest periods of concentration and sharp focus I've ever experienced (even more than when I first went keto), not being emotionally triggered, increased empathy and acceptance with gratitude, much more emotional stability, etc. It seems that everything works more as it should (emotional center, intellectual center, moving/instinctive center). All in all, I think that the combination of the Iodine protocol, the spinning, and the Cass Crystal Connection have combined (with the addition of more and more discipline - emotionally, as well as every other way) to give effects that I never really noticed when doing it haphazardly years ago.

An additional tip for those who may have problems with dizziness is (just like looking at your thumb or hand when spinning), when you bring your palms together after stopping, you can fix your gaze on your pressed palms and the room spinning pretty much immediately stops. You can feel when you can stop keeping your palms together when there's no hint of dizziness at all. This helps me when I spin somewhat fast while trying to keep the pace very steady, which depending on many variables could have the effect of increased dizziness. But the longer and more consistently you do it, the less dizziness seems to be involved.

Combining slow, deep breathing, and self-remembering combined with intent and focus on the Crystal Connection / network amplifies all the benefits even more, but I'm not as consistent with ALL of those combinations yet. I'll continue to increase consistency with all that too by continued practice, as practice make perfect.

I did 99 my second time last night. Slept like a baby, no ugly visions when I closed my eyes. I'm going to keep at it, and stop taking a break every 6th day.

Edit:

I woke before my alarm, felt incredibly focused this morning.

Also to note, since I began spinning, I've stopped getting colds and flus. My entire family over came 2 seperate flu events since I began my spin sessions and I've been the only one who avoided infection, or at least avoided the flu and cold like symptoms.

SeekinTruth said:
An additional tip for those who may have problems with dizziness is (just like looking at your thumb or hand when spinning), when you bring your palms together after stopping, you can fix your gaze on your pressed palms and the room spinning pretty much immediately stops. You can feel when you can stop keeping your palms together when there's no hint of dizziness at all. This helps me when I spin somewhat fast while trying to keep the pace very steady, which depending on many variables could have the effect of increased dizziness. But the longer and more consistently you do it, the less dizziness seems to be involved.

This was incredibly helpful to keep me in the practice. I watched a few videos online about spinning (namely the '5 tibetan rites' videos). And closing palms and focusing on your hands immediately resolve the dizziness after spinning for so long.

One thing I don't have time for is spinning 33 times 3 seperate times per day, so I have at it all in one go. I implement the spinning with the rest of my exercise routine.

In the span of several years, I began and then soon stopped the practice of spinning. I have a difficulty of long term concentration on such practices (which I'm certainly not proud of). When I do it occasionally, I spin rightwards (clockwise) although I've always been in doubt and slight anxiety about the directionality but I more think it should not matter much, just do whichever you like. I notice about myself that I tend be more scientific than artistic but at the same I notice an imbalance about it and I intend to balance it.

Sometimes when I try to meditate on my swivel chair in the dark, I spin myself on it by pushing myself rightwards with the help of my feet or hands. It goes 3-4 cycles by itself and then I might repeat it a few times. But after 3 or 4 thrusts, I get very dizzy or nauseated. If I spin standing, it is less problematic. But if I spin relatively shortly after a meal, nausea is certain.

For a few days, I've been thinking about this spinning issue in a symbolic way. I don't know if this is covered before. Other might have done the same or similar inferences.

Clipboard02.jpg

In this full-circular rainbow, let each circle symbolize each "density". So the red is the 1st and the purple the 7th (the differential proportion of the 7th is accidental, I found the base image on the web and worked a little bit on it). And let the circle turn perfectly around itself with the black square of the purple in the center, and the outer ones drawing perfect cicles around it. So, in a full cycle, the black dot of the red circle will have covered the longest distance, so to say, while the innermost square will relatively have covered no distance.

When we take "distance/space" and "time" in a closely interconnected way, it kinds of concludes that relatively no time and space is involved the innermost circle/square, although it also spins. Somehow, I relate this observation to the C's emphasis on "time does not really exist". What do you think?

good afternoon everyone,

Q1: Do you spin to the right or left?
A1: clockwise, i.e. holding my right arm in front, perpendicular to my axis of rotation, thumb up (lol) to focus yet keeping a reference point in the background to gauge the count, left arm up, from my side, as counter balance, perpendicular to axis of rotation and 90 deg to right arm.
After more and recent reading on casschat i've decided to try ccw rotation, stay tuned for an update : )

Q2. Do you identify as 'the artist' or 'the scientist'?

A2: both; somedays one takes precedent over the other.
yet it's not about being one or the other, rather it's how one interprets the present and approaches whatever with creativity instead of linearity, imho.

Q3. How often do you spin, and how many revolutions each time?

A3: off and on throughout the last several years, usually 33revs once a day, however i'll try the 3x daily, stay tuned : )

Q4. What effects have you noticed from spinning?
A4: hmmm... have you ever tried to open a jar and the vacuum is so tight that it's a real struggle and hurts squeezing and turning that lid... but if you stick a spoon end and gently lever between the glass and rim you can hear the vacuum equalize and voila the lid loosens ? (maybe it's just me who notices goofy things like this but anyway) ... well that's kinda what i've noticed, about life in general; is it from spinning, i dunno, i'll keep track and post something later.

:-)

good afternoon everyone :-)

here are some followups to the previous post - it's been a little over a month:

A1 - spun ccw several times, results: triggered migraine twice, much unease further two times after that, could have been something else that triggered the migraine (usually drastic change in pressure / weather related but not in these instances).
conclusion - no issues cw (for me anyway) no more ccw for gp

A2 - with the heat & humidity in central ontario today i've decided to identify as a brick of melting butter (or parkay for you vegans).
it's days like these i miss snow !

A3 - sometimes i lose track when counting, hope i don't fry any internal ethereal circuits if one or two more revs happens !

A4 - i rarely spin outdoors now, especially in pasture ...because the effects are...well, goose sh!t is really slippery, yes really, you can draw your own conclusions there.

Back
Top Bottom