The Truth About Hair and Why Indians Would Keep Their Hair Long

Interesting article, I'm actually balding really bad, and I'm 21, so it's really stressing and sad. The solution I thought could be cool and easy was to get human hair wigs, but after reading this, the idea of having someone else hair on your head sound too cool, like shaman cool :)

So I'll definitely continue to save my money to get my wigs, I'm like backwards, I have no head hair and I'm getting wigs, but also I have a LOT of body hair and I'm getting it removed.

I think looking for wisdom or big lessons and awareness in the length of your hair is really distracting and misleading, it's really interesting theme to ponder though, considering that almost everyone has hair.

I found the sott article interesting, too, and there's so many myths and stories/fairy tales from different parts of the world where someone's hair plays an important part, that I think there must be something to it.

Few of them are Rapunzel's story, Sampson, Norse goddess Sif, Medusa's snake hair. Then there's little Mermaid, where little Mermaid's sisters give their hair away to the evil witch, so they can get the knife with which their sister can kill the prince and return with them to the sea as a mermaid (which she doesn't do, but that's another story). I am sure they are more that I can't think of right now, or I don't know them.

FWIW, from the Wave:
Q: I have an idea relating to the ancient gods and heroes... they all had these massive amounts of hair, and it seemed that cutting off the hair caused them to lose their
strength in some way. Was this totally symbolic, or was it actually believed that they had to grow their hair?
A: Symbolic.
Q: What was the hair symbolic of?
A: Virility.

Indeed an interesting article. I know when I was growing my afro about a year back, I would pick and comb it and I would feel and hear electric shocks everytime the comb or pick would brush through my hair. When I read this article I thought maybe that is why I felt those shocks, but there isn't enough evidence on this to come to a conclusion, but definitely interesting.

Oxajil said:
Some interesting quotes (from the new International Translation of the Bible):

Priests must not shave their heads or shave off the edges of their beards or cut their bodies. (Lev. 21:5)

Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard. (Lev. 19:27)

During the entire period of their Nazirite vow, no razor may be used on their head. They must be holy until the period of their dedication to the LORD is over; they must let their hair grow long. (Numbers 6:5)

The gist of it seems to be that what you can actually receive when your hair is long could be also programming? ..Just awhile ago I was betting for a better protection of the head, both physical and psychic, like silk can do :)

So, awareness is always the key, no matter which superpower you have. In either way the clues are in for a sort of 'expansion of senses' maybe :guru:

So... is there anyone who is willing to try growing
long hair/beard and report back the results? It
might take awhile... Men may be at a disadvantage
with long hair, and women may be at a disadvantage
with no beard... :lol:

This makes me think of cats whiskers, and how they both provide information and help them navigate their environment.

Nevertheless, I'm not sure of what to think of human hair. There are indeed many legends that speak of hair, which makes one wonder.
On the other hand if we think of it in symbolic terms and how someone may have grown accustomed and even deeply identified to a certain type of hair style, this very symbolism and identification can have a very powerful effect on that someone's psyche. Taking the C's remark about virility as an example, if a man looses his sense of virility due to an hair cut, it could very well be that some of his other qualities become similarly hindered by his perceived loss of identity.

Well, having lived with hair short and long, and spent time here and there on Reservations.....I think it has more to do with culture and the awareness that comes with that. In many Nations, cutting your hair was an act/sign of mourning a death. Some peoples only cut part of their hair...others would go so far as to take a knife and cut their skin too. (Cutting inside the upper arm, and the shins is traditional, depending on the people.)

I think it has to do with decades of abuse, begun with the mission schools to 'convert' the Tribes.

One of the first things done to all Indigenous children in residential schools? Cutting off their hair. Its traumatic, and more than a symbol...it was used as an erasure of identity, in addition to beating them for speaking their own language, etc. This is a legacy of intense violence against the futures of all Indian People, and it leaves a deep scar that still lingers to this day.

So, cutting off an Indian man's hair is going to carry all that with it, which to me is more of a wound to the person's psyche even if it's subconscious(but in this case I'm betting not.)

I don't think the subject can be taken out of this bigger context, osit.

Yiii-ha, now I can move my long hair at the rythm of the metal :evil: lol
Nah I don't like long hair style. But indeed, it's interesting, that's maybe why women have the tendency to be better on psychic things, the control of emotions, etc. Subtle things that help to achieve a better purpose.

Prometeo said:
Yiii-ha, now I can move my long hair at the rythm of the metal :evil: lol
Nah I don't like long hair style. But indeed, it's interesting, that's maybe why women have the tendency to be better on psychic things, the control of emotions, etc. Subtle things that help to achieve a better purpose.

Well, society usually dictates that when a woman gets "older" she cuts her hair and succumbs to the short, matronly look. :scared:

Unless you live in Hollywood, that is. :lol:

Mrs. Peel said:
Well, society usually dictates that when a woman gets "older" she cuts her hair and succumbs to the short, matronly look. :scared:

Methinks this may depend on the local culture. My ole grandmother from the deep hollers of Appalachia never cut her hair. When she passed away her hair was longer than the length of her body. In life though, she kept it up in a bun and you would never know how long her hair was...
:)

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW WHY I HAVE ALLWAYS HAD ATRACTION FOR GUYS WITH LONG HAIR AND FACIAL HAIR? I HAVE ASK MY SELF THIS QUESTION MANY TIMES BUT WITH NO ANSWER :/

Gimpy said:
So, cutting off an Indian man's hair is going to carry all that with it, which to me is more of a wound to the person's psyche even if it's subconscious(but in this case I'm betting not.)

I don't think the subject can be taken out of this bigger context, osit.

I think this makes a lot of sense. The social and individual trauma connected to cutting their hair could very well have a huge effect on their psyche.

dant said:
So... is there anyone who is willing to try growing
long hair/beard and report back the results? It
might take awhile... Men may be at a disadvantage
with long hair, and women may be at a disadvantage
with no beard... :lol:

Hmm interesting I always felt that when I have longer hair I have more energy hmm interesting.
From the little I ventured hair grows very fast.

At this time, just three months ago, shut me haircut - and it feels so ventured a change in the sense of energy, but I did not associate it with longer hair o_O.
Let's see now surely descend always wanted to have her hair long.
I will write in this topic probably for half a year:) what are the changes.

any suggestions of tests before / loses?

Adolanaea said:
I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW WHY I HAVE ALLWAYS HAD ATRACTION FOR GUYS WITH LONG HAIR AND FACIAL HAIR? I HAVE ASK MY SELF THIS QUESTION MANY TIMES BUT WITH NO ANSWER :/

Adolanaea,

Could you try to not use all caps in your posts? IT MAKES IT LOOK LIKE YOU ARE SHOUTING! ;D

As far as your quandry about attraction, it might have something to do with early imprinting as a child. Some of this was discussed in the session here.

Back
Top Bottom